Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra (13327 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / See What Igbos Are Saying About Olisa Metuh In Handcuffs, Will Shock You / Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by hafeeanubasy: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
CREATE A CHRISTIAN OR PDP STATE
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
semitunde:

Actually he's very correct. And its funny how utnis don't realise this and still want to make their dream work.

Like people have suggested, test your Biafra from today. You call other tribes names, while you accuse them of marginalisation. Why don't you have a change of attitude and see where that takes you?

Hold your Governors and other politicians accountable, cos really they won't seize to be biafrans if you get your country. They will even have a head start with enough money to throw around. With your new country needing investments in critical sectors for growth, you may lean on those guys more. So hold them accountable now! Make Biafra work now. Make biafra enticing to even non Igbo to come and stay and invest in. Make igbos living outside Biafra have the will to come home with joy!

The disturbing thing for non Igbos is not your call for Biafra, (apart from the inciting words, which is rather stupid) its the absolute planlessness, associated with it. The fact that only strife or war or both will be the end of that country, if it ever exists.

I am not biafran apologist but what I don't like is the same way you people get petrified in anything Biafra ..you said we hold our governors and make sure they function ..that is right and if you notice in east lately anambra governor has performed credibly more than any governor in Nigeria at least I am in akure the first time and I have seen the level of development and been in Abeokuta I know that

you said Igbo call other names ...hmmmm thats a new one ..who said lagoon ..even amongst the Yoruba ijebus are detested don't argue this cos I am living in Lagos and I know how they see ilorin people as sell out and how they call the interior people of Forest

bro in terms of investment are you the ones that build industry in Igbo lands or don't you think Igbo millionaires which are many will plough back their profit home cos I know Igbo believe in akure ruo uno principle

left for me I won't even want foreign investors that will repatriate their fund back home ....I will want Igbo investors that will invest and kepp the money in the region ...its not every country will beg for foreign investors ...ask Russians and Caspian Sea dudes in Balkans

so let them decide and if God says the Igbo will have their Biafra so be it

I am not crazy about Biafra or Nigeria mind you
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by semitunde: 12:15am On Jul 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

I am not biafran apologist but what I don't like is the same way you people get petrified in anything Biafra ..you said we hold our governors and make sure they function ..that is right and if you notice in east lately anambra governor has performed credibly more than any governor in Nigeria at least I am in akure the first time and I have seen the level of development and been in Abeokuta I know that

you said Igbo call other names ...hmmmm thats a new one ..who said lagoon ..even amongst the Yoruba ijebus are detested don't argue this cos I am living in Lagos and I know how they see ilorin people as sell out and how they call the interior people of Forest

bro in terms of investment are you the ones that build industry in Igbo lands or don't you think Igbo millionaires which are many will plough back their profit home cos I know Igbo believe in akure ruo uno principle

left for me I won't even want foreign investors that will repatriate their fund back home ....I will want Igbo investors that will invest and kepp the money in the region ...its not every country will beg for foreign investors ...ask Russians and Caspian Sea dudes in Balkans

so let them decide and if God says the Igbo will have their Biafra so be it

I am not crazy about Biafra or Nigeria mind you

Igbo calling others names is new to you? Lol. Now that's a first! Check threads on naira land and you will see lots of it. Now I've not said others don't call igbos names too, but then others aren't the one calling for independence and as such, not the ones being discussed here. Others also have allies which Igbo apparently don't have partly due to their belligerent nature.

You say yorubas detest ijebus. I laugh I ijebu. No Yoruba group "detests" another. Never. Families can have their preferences but never a group detesting another. You know nothing about that and should stick to things you know. I can tell you all you want about this cos its my tribe not yours. If we decide to discuss the ngwa people or the mbaise, you can be the authority.

You want us to come and invest in the east? Why? Why would we come over to a place where we don't feel wanted? You think that's how business works? You think you will have many of your people in Yoruba land if we were hostile? E.g. you wake up and your shop.is burnt and people are non chalant? I dare say there's nothing in the east now, to attract a Yoruba person there. Most of what we want is right here.You guys have the opportunity to change that, but not by boasting or abusing others. If your convince us well enough now, and you make more friends than enemies with your mouth and conduct; then you can have those friends even fight for and with you for what you want, cos they would now empathise with your cause.

You say you want your business people investing at home. That's what we want too, its part of my explanation. Your being able to to tell your western domiciled guys to come home would be a step in getting Biafra ( whether you want it or not). The folly in you not wanting foreign help in terms of investment would be revealed only when you get your country.

Finally why aren't you a fan of Biafra? If you aren't a fan of Nigeria as well, tell me, if you want to get a juicy contract tied to developing the country and your allegiance to the country is assessed, would it be fair to get that contract with your present thinking?

Maybe you don't know the damage not having a common purpose does to a group. It means you can do stuff, even take advantage of a system or an environment to gain selfish advantage, financially or otherwise, to the detriment of the group. Because you don't care about the group, only yourself. Does this statement sound familiar?

I won't go into a back and forth, so let's just let this rest. I'm sure you won't agree with most if not all of my thoughts, else we won't be where we are today as a country; so let's maintain our side of the fence ok? wink

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2015
semitunde:

Igbo calling others names is new to you? Lol. Now that's a first! Check threads on naira land and you will see lots of it. Now I've not said others don't call igbos names too, but then others aren't the one calling for independence and as such, not the ones being discussed here. Others also have allies which Igbo apparently don't have partly due to their belligerent nature.

You say yorubas detest ijebus. I laugh I ijebu. No Yoruba group "detests" another. Never. Families can have their preferences but never a group detesting another. You know nothing about that and should stick to things you know. I can tell you all you want about this cos its my tribe not yours. If we decide to discuss the ngwa people or the mbaise, you can be the authority.

You want us to come and invest in the east? Why? Why would we come over to a place where we don't feel wanted? You think that's how business works? You think you will have many of your people in Yoruba land if we were hostile? E.g. you wake up and your shop.is burnt and people are non chalant? I dare say there's nothing in the east now, to attract a Yoruba person there. Most of what we want is right here.You guys have the opportunity to change that, but not by boasting or abusing others. If your convince us well enough now, and you make more friends than enemies with your mouth and conduct; then you can have those friends even fight for and with you for what you want, cos they would now empathise with your cause.

You say you want your business people investing at home. That's what we want too, its part of my explanation. Your being able to to tell your western domiciled guys to come home would be a step in getting Biafra ( whether you want it or not). The folly in you not wanting foreign help in terms of investment would be revealed only when you get your country.

Finally why aren't you a fan of Biafra? If you aren't a fan of Nigeria as well, tell me, if you want to get a juicy contract tied to developing the country and your allegiance to the country is assessed, would it be fair to get that contract with your present thinking?

Maybe you don't know the damage not having a common purpose does to a group. It means you can do stuff, even take advantage of a system or an environment to gain selfish advantage, financially or otherwise, to the detriment of the group. Because you don't care about the group, only yourself. Does this statement sound familiar?

I won't go into a back and forth, so let's just let this rest. I'm sure you won't agree with most if not all of my thoughts, else we won't be where we are today as a country; so let's maintain our side of the fence ok? wink

I know you will deny ijebu detest in Lagos maybe you don't leave in Lagos to know this

mind you Igbo have never been begging for investors if you really know the psyche of Igbo man he believes in himself not one investor coming to invest and make all the monies and take it back to his region

what Igbo is canvassing is group economics and we Igbo tell other Igbo to plough the monies they make out of their region in east that is why you have the orientation of orient reginary that is why you have innosson that is why you have ibeto cement plant in ebonyi that is why you have cutix that is why you have a whole lot of Igbo in home for Christmas not only to celebrate but invest

maybe you have not been to east at least I have been toist western capital with their linear settlement been to north with their sparse settlement been to east with their nucleted settlement

not been a biafran apologist doesn't make me to stop appreciative if their agitation but know that this is Nigeria is not the model country

I am Igbo and a proud one and if presented on choices I choose freedom I choose homogenithy in religion in culture in outlook and that is what Nigeria has refused to offer

I think it's better to love ourselves as a separate country that hate and kill ourselves in one country

isreal is surrounded by enemies but they are respected and developed

I am tired of this kilings hatred tribslistic inclinations bombings and quota system ...ih they still have federal character

such a funny country
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Kyase(m): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Kyase pls join me in saying Iseeee!
iseee
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Durinsday: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
viruz007:

Is Opobo in the Biafra land or in Niger Delta Land? undecided

Opobos are Igbos.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Durinsday: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
People are just blinded. The Igbos staying or leaving Nigeria, they still win as it is now.

1. Staying in Nigeria: they own 100% of the SE economy where other groups do not venture and cannot compete. They own large amounts of business ventures in SS and Lagos. Then increasingly smaller amounts of SW &NC, reduced amounts in NE and NW due to terror in those regions. No other people have that reach nationwide while keeping 100% of theirs. The more they stay, the more they retain other parts of the economy and use the proceeds to develop their homeland where no others can reach. And they cannot lose an inch of SE because the belief nationwide is that nothing good is there. Their only limitation being in Nigeria is low federal investment in their region and suppression of their excellence through quota systems and federal character. But that wont matter much anymore in the next 7 yrs given their strategy of focus homeward now. We pushed them to that!

2. Leaving Nigeria and forming Biafra:they still retain 100% of their economy but this time they control the policy direction to favour their countrys prosperity and freedom ( this is what most of them actually want) . Their investments in SW and NC would never be forefieted rather things would be made more difficult for their businesses there thereby raising their associated costs and therefore the regions costs since their interest there are significant. Some would be frustrated back home but they can build in since aost every igbo man has a house back home.

About SS, they do not need them to be part of the Biafra cause to succeed, huge oil and gas deposits especially gas abound in imo river basin, ohaji-egbema-oguta, njaba river basin, imo-anambara river basins, nekede to name a few, all untapped and cheap to exploit as they are land assets.their profitability is still goos at $15-20 a barrel, ask any knowlegdeable oil and gas professional. Its amazing how much people dont know Nigerian geography. Nnewi, aba, awka, onitsha, would have all the gas they need for manufacturing and shipping through parts of ph which would be in Biafra.

They can build an IT customer service economy like india where phone calls etc are handled.they are hard working and enterprenueral.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by IkpuMmadu: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2016
We will have 100% christian state, we will have 100% same ideology and philosophy we will have !))% progressive not quota system owo mi da , sai buhari and ranka dede people

WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY IDIOT COMMING AROUND AND SHOUTING ALLAHU AHKUBA THEN YOU HEAR BOOOOOOOOOOOOM BOMB GOES OFF

We want sanity and competition..that is what will be done differently

MightySparrow:
When and if the secession comes true what they going to be doing differently?
Please igbos on NL give honest answers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jibrin Padded Budget With N250bn – Dogara’s Men / Shettima Relocates To Bama, Town Liberated From Boko Haram / EFCC Probe: Buhari Won’t Shield Governors – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.