Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,169 members, 7,825,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra (13332 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / See What Igbos Are Saying About Olisa Metuh In Handcuffs, Will Shock You / Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by viruz007(m): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2015
cheruv:

By the time we incorporate Igbos living there,we'd ve gotten the needed sea access. Our seaboard is at opobo,so I wonder what you're saying

Is Opobo in the Biafra land or in Niger Delta Land? undecided
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2015
[quote author=Agrika post=36115850]
And who told you that the core SE will want to have anything to do with SS when it comes to Biafra. History has taught us a lesson[/quote
What lesson? Please let us know.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by nwadiuko1(m): 11:57am On Jul 21, 2015
psucc:
But what will happen with their multi billion naira structures in the former countries? I see this a greater challenge as their elites are not ready to miss any.
that's not a problem......according to necessary UN laws they would still own those things but will pay more tax
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by OfoIgbo: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
First of all Biafra is not an Igbo-only affair. I believe the Lower Niger Congress is coming up with a charter that will guarantee the equality of all the ethnic groups in the Lower Niger. Add this to the fact that Biafra will enforce 100% ownership of the oil wells to the ethnic nationalities where these oil wells exist and will only have to pay tax to the central government.

This obviously knocks the wind off the fraudulent sail of the Nigerian nation which has been skewed to favour non-indigenes from the North and the Soutwest, who have wickedly cornered the God-given black gold by force of arms and devilish constitution, to the detriment of the oil-bearing communities.

God has also used the outcome of the elections of 28th March 2015, to open the eyes of the ordinary South southerners who have now noticed that their major enemies in Nigeria have never really been the Igbos as the SW and north had led them to believe. The day the SS needed help most, they realised that their so-called friends and saviours from their Igbo enemies were the once hell-bent on ensuring that the first ever SS president never tastes a second term
The Yorubas of the SW were highly instrumental and most passionate about making sure GEJ did not see a second term and they deployed every ammunition in their media arsen to achieve this.

Even a Yoruba traditional ruler that should under normal circumstances be above partisan politics had time to threaten Igbos with genocide in the lagoon, just because Igbos voted overwhelmingly for GEJ their brother over a shariarist and were primed to vote for the PDP candidate in the Lagos state gubernatorial election.

The way things are, from my observation the SS are more likely to subscribe to the current Biafran agitation, as they see the SE as the only brothers they have in Nigeria and the only ones they can trust. 28th march remains a traumatic episode in the political life of the SS and SE. It was more than an election for both regions. The SW used that opportunity to tell their southern brothers that they are on their own.

The implementation of the resolutions of the 2014 national conference may not now be enough to prevent the disintegration of Nigeria, as I do know the SE especially will not condone being in the same nation with sharia states and they will now insist on 100% ownership of oil resources to indigenous communities. The election of Buhari and his actions since he assumed office have hardened positions of the SS and SE

8 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by cheruv: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:

Is Opobo in the Biafra land or in Niger Delta Land? undecided
Where it is doesn't bother me..The descendants of the Great Jaja that sit on the throne of Opobo together with the people of Opobo know they're IGBOS and nothing would change that.
Jaja as a real Igbo son would be immortalized on our currency while his descendant sitting on the throne would be the Grand Marquis of the seas.
Opobo is our seaboard in addition to being the HQs of our Navy tongue

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
KELVINXY:
lemme just give u a clue.
1st.to have a peaceful society is the main aim.
and 2nd.to build a stronger economy,not based on oil alone.

What is stopping them from doing that NOW?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
carnegiefan:
Our nation Biafra shall do what most African countries never dare to do: SPEAKING THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES.

That alone will create a foundational paradigm never before seen in Africa.

Truth does not being economic development and jobs. does it?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by rallymento(m): 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Where u guys gonna get d money 2 build an economy from.
None of ur state has an igr of 3billion monthly, nxt 2 no oil reserves nd close 2 nothing or currently not much from fed allocation at the moment.
Being a landlocked territory ur goods gonna pass tru naija since u hav no ports, our customs are gonna tax u 3x more frustrating ur buiz men forcing outta buisness leaving u guys cash strap as broke as osun nd in no tym u gonna b running 2 IMF,world bank,chinese bank 4 loan and when u can't pay back CNN,BBC et Al are gonna b lyk "africa newest nation worse Dan Greece" anoda failed imf loan deal, 1 biafran dollar equals 1000dollars .+ d massive deportation of biafrans from naija + high crime rate due lack of employment etc
Sorry I guess I just did a 15-20 yrs economic analysis of an independent biafra something nnamdi kalu never bothered 2 do and it ain't so green.

Nice analysis but have you ever thought of other ethnic groups becoming a Nation once Biafra Emerges? Exportation will not be an issues at all. there are many Land locked countries in the world and they are still surviving. Biafra will be a land of peace, A land for the Christians, no mixed religion, No mixed culture.
If Biafra emerges do you think the Niger-Delta will remain part of Nigeria? the answer is NO. The Emergence of Biafra will give many Marginilised ethnicity the opportunity to break away and stand as a Nation, Once Biafra pulls out from Nigeria believe me, Nigeria in no distant time will cease to be a Nation. Have you ask why people kick against the Emergence of Biafra? it is not because of the nonsense unity in diversity they preach, The Ibos drives about 60% of the Nigerian economy if not more. Once we pull-out Nigeria will fall!!!!

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
rallymento:

Nice analysis but have you ever thought of other ethnic groups becoming a Nation once Biafra Emerges? Exportation will not be an issues at all. there are many Land locked countries in the world and they are still surviving. Biafra will be a land of peace, A land for the Christians, no mixed religion, No mixed culture.
If Biafra emerges do you think the Niger-Delta will remain part of Nigeria? the answer is NO. The Emergence of Biafra will give many Marginilised ethnicity the opportunity to break away and stand as a Nation, Once Biafra pulls out from Nigeria believe me, Nigeria in no distant time will cease to be a Nation. Have you ask why people kick against the Emergence of Biafra? it is not because of the nonsense unity in diversity they preach, The Ibos drives about 60% of the Nigerian economy if not more. Once we pull-out Nigeria will fall!!!!
Nigeria is not going to break anytime soon, u and I know that, u ve been on Nairaland since 2012, we ve fought online civil war abt Biafra so much that I know dat nothing would happen, one Nigeria.
Also if u guys wanted to break up stop trying to convince anybody abt how Biafra would survive, u guys are giving who so ever dat cares to listen reasons not to let u go.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

You have just confirmed you abysmal lack of knowledge. What is the population of England when the colonised almost a quarter of the world including India and Pakistan together and still maintain their relevance in all.
I wonder what you Biafra guys are yearning for is fully understood by you Alaba traders or Aba traders or patent chemist owners in tn Maiduguri outskirts. You 'd better wake up.
u are talking nonsense.britain did and not England.Igbos are into everything nameit.if Igbos leave US,Malaysia,China,Hong kong,Ivory coast,ghana,Benin,Togo,Nigeria etc their economies will feel the negative impact.
Igbos are everywhere and they are into everything

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
finniblinks:
u are talking nonsense.britain did and not England.Igbos are into everything nameit.if Igbos leave US,Malaysia,China,Hong kong,Ivory coast,ghana,Benin,Togo,Nigeria etc their economies will feel the negative impact.
I ve dz feeling dat u are from Abia state, true or false?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
lygn19:

I ve dz feeling dat u are from Abia state, true or false?
confirm Nwafor Imo state and nwafor Igbo the only ethnic white men called ''great''

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
finniblinks:
confirm Nwafor Imo state and nwafor Igbo the only ethnic white men called ''great''
Nna owu owelle o.
Unu nye nya support.
Owu ya GA kuru Anyi GA ebe anyi chori ga na obodo Nigeria.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by meccuno: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok seriously i have only few concerns here...

Igbos seccession (Good or bad for the igbos)

How is that now giving non-igbos more concern than igbos themselves

Why do non-igbos think about biafra more than igbos

why is biafra like a thorn in the flesh of non-igbos that are supposed not to be concerned

If biafra turns out bad, isn't that supposed to be the problems of biafrans, why are you all worried about it

why are non-igbos worried, afraid and angry that igbos want to seccede

As a matter of fact, if the west or north wanted to seccede, the igbo man would not even be concerned or worried or debate them not to or criticize them.
Because frankly they know how to mind their business and focus on what concerns them......... So why are you guys more concerned about biafra than igbos

p.s: Am not a stark pro biafra but at least i know when people should mind their business

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

Stronger economy for whom since igbo claim to be richest and bought every where in Nigeria and why are igbo not having peace in the now Nigeria?

Why are some people used to asking stu.pid questions?

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Where u guys gonna get d money 2 build an economy from.
None of ur state has an igr of 3billion monthly, nxt 2 no oil reserves nd close 2 nothing or currently not much from fed allocation at the moment.
Being a landlocked territory ur goods gonna pass tru naija since u hav no ports, our customs are gonna tax u 3x more frustrating ur buiz men forcing outta buisness leaving u guys cash strap as broke as osun nd in no tym u gonna b running 2 IMF,world bank,chinese bank 4 loan and when u can't pay back CNN,BBC et Al are gonna b lyk "africa newest nation worse Dan Greece" anoda failed imf loan deal, 1 biafran dollar equals 1000dollars .+ d massive deportation of biafrans from naija + high crime rate due lack of employment etc
Sorry I guess I just did a 15-20 yrs economic analysis of an independent biafra something nnamdi kalu never bothered 2 do and it ain't so green.

Keep deceiving urself, biafra ain't an igbo tin n will never be. Delta, rivers, calabar n akwa ibom are all biafrans. Bayelsans have also declared that they want to break away so do d maths. The 2 regions r united now n no lies can separate dem.

As for oil, we don't depend on it. But be rest assured we have lots of it.

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

And why? Are there not Igbo Muslims now by choice?

Dere r a minority.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
This is a rude truth

Accept it or not , its your own cup of hot monkey tail

1 (a) There will not be peace, This is not a curse or a spell, but we know Niger Deltas want the oil well , So does SS and SE , before they come to their senses , they will fight and terrorize each other

(b) They will fight over land , borders and land will cause disputes and they'll go to war , since Igbo is quite different from Idoma, Ijaw e.t.c.

2 Economy will collapse , Forming and running a country is not automated,It takes some time for a country to be recognized after secession , meaning there'll be no trade of the beloved crude oil , no trade means no revenue , I doubt there's any plan in place for structures, public offices , civil servants e.t.c , Non payment of Salary of former Nigerians for months will cause a lot of trouble for the new government and there will be breakdown of law and order

3 If they manage to keep the country afloat , there's still the issue of sharing formula between the states , Democratic elections will cause gbege since the same set of corrupt public holders are the ones who would be running the country and everyone will want to grab a handful

4 Since there's discord between them already , it begs the question which ethnic region will be the first to lead the country

5 A new country with no support is vulnerable to attacks and invasion from other countries , Insurgency and massob touts can not face a real army or protect their borders in the event of an attack

6 With so much hate and anger left behind by the secession , Goods and services that pass through what's left of Nigeria will be heavily taxed making business more frustrating for almost every one . Nigeria stopped food from getting to you once, your land can't be at it's best which means you'll import basic food crops , heavily taxed food = very expensive food , which citizens won't be able to afford

7 There'll be mass deportation and witch hunting of any Biafran Left in what's left of Nigeria , when the jobless meets the desperate , crime rate increases, with starvation and more desperation, it gets worse , You'll probably be charged heavily to return to Nigeria having to pay for housing , water, electricity , security , and discrimination before getting a job .

In summary , the land becomes a ruin, which will probably mean more petroleum for Nigeria in another million years or so he he he grin grin grin

6&7 credit to kyase

Nigeria is already worse than u speculated for us.

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
lygn19:

Nigeria is not going to break anytime soon, u and I know that, u ve been on Nairaland since 2012, we ve fought online civil war abt Biafra so much that I know dat nothing would happen, one Nigeria.
Also if u guys wanted to break up stop trying to convince anybody abt how Biafra would survive, u guys are giving who so ever dat cares to listen reasons not to let u go.

Ohh yoruba man, nigeria is about to explode into pieces. The only tin dat can change I is if buhari sits up. Order dan that, prepare ur m

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Lanceslot(m): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
psucc:
But what will happen with their multi billion naira structures in the former countries? I see this a greater challenge as their elites are not ready to miss any.
The same thing that is happening to their multi billion naira structures in Ghana, Togo, Benin and other places.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by rallymento(m): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
lygn19:

I am not really playing the pity Game here, Honestly I believe that Biafra will be a more focused nation, Although we will have our trial periods after the emergence but we will make a better Nation. If it is possible to allows us go without blood shed I am certain We will be envied by most people! Besides I am not convincing anyone about the survival of the Igbo race, I only countered the points the guy quoted.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by darfay: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Keep deceiving urself, biafra ain't an igbo tin n will never be. Delta, rivers, calabar n akwa ibom are all biafrans. Bayelsans have also declared that they want to break away so do d maths. The 2 regions r united now n no lies can separate dem.

As for oil, we don't depend on it. But be rest assured we have lots of it.
Ah dey deceive maself abi watin u dey yan and mind u am a niger deltan and I make bold 2 say no niger deltan is buying into Ur fantasy. Do u think we lyk being minority in ANYWHERE nigeria inclusive. I hate wenever dey make adverts lyk igbo,yoruba nd hausa should work 2geder 4 peace 2 rain in nigeria lyk d oder minorities dat fid d nation don't Matter not 2 talk being in an 80% ibo country with over 90% control of d central govt, dey never gonna care bout us and I don't blame cause it natural 4 majority 2 oppress d minority our languages are gonna b lost just lyk igala is going xtinct in anambra.
So oga nedu forgerit it ain't neva gonna work at least no wid us I'll rather my village becomes a republik
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by DoctorMcgruff: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
if secession happens why wont Niger Delta Break away and form its own republic? I like Igbos but as an Ekoi, the one thing tha comes to mind is "majority rule/minority rights" will minorities really get their rights? What stops Cross River from breaking away and forming its own?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Ah dey deceive maself abi watin u dey yan and mind am a niger deltan and I make bold 2 say no niger deltan is buying into Ur fantasy.

S wast

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by darfay: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

S wast
Sorry modified it already so scroll up
#unfollows#
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Dere r a minority.
So they were in Mecca centuries ago. In Egypt, Carthage ( now Tunisia), hittite (turkey), Phonecia (lebanon). So? Who knows by this minority Onitsha could become Islamabad with time?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
[quote author=chuna1985 post=36120834]

Why are some people used to asking stu.pid questions?[/quote
Silly people has to be asked stupid questions to make the orchestrate their stupidity. What do you think, asking a fool qustions meant for the wise?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
finniblinks:

This same reason they are endangered species home and abroad: Hausa love to hate them, Yoruba are wary. To deal with them,South Africa is hunting them, many are serving jail terms in europe and other parts of the world for various crimes. Reputed for adulterated and fake products. What a feat to pride in?

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Ah dey deceive maself abi watin u dey yan and mind u am a niger deltan and I make bold 2 say no niger deltan is buying into Ur fantasy. Do u think we lyk being minority in ANYWHERE nigeria inclusive. I hate wenever dey make adverts lyk igbo,yoruba nd hausa should work 2geder 4 peace 2 rain in nigeria lyk d oder minorities dat fid d nation don't Matter not 2 talk being in an 80% ibo country with over 90% control of d central govt, dey never gonna care bout us and I don't blame cause it natural 4 majority 2 oppress d minority our languages are gonna b lost just lyk igala is going xtinct in anambra.
So oga nedu forgerit it ain't neva gonna work at least no wid us I'll rather my village becomes a republik

Biafra causing earthquake in yoruba land since 1245 BC

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
This is a rude truth

Accept it or not , its your own cup of hot monkey tail

1 (a) There will not be peace, This is not a curse or a spell, but we know Niger Deltas want the oil well , So does SS and SE , before they come to their senses , they will fight and terrorize each other

(b) They will fight over land , borders and land will cause disputes and they'll go to war , since Igbo is quite different from Idoma, Ijaw e.t.c.

2 Economy will collapse , Forming and running a country is not automated,It takes some time for a country to be recognized after secession , meaning there'll be no trade of the beloved crude oil , no trade means no revenue , I doubt there's any plan in place for structures, public offices , civil servants e.t.c , Non payment of Salary of former Nigerians for months will cause a lot of trouble for the new government and there will be breakdown of law and order

3 If they manage to keep the country afloat , there's still the issue of sharing formula between the states , Democratic elections will cause gbege since the same set of corrupt public holders are the ones who would be running the country and everyone will want to grab a handful

4 Since there's discord between them already , it begs the question which ethnic region will be the first to lead the country

5 A new country with no support is vulnerable to attacks and invasion from other countries , Insurgency and massob touts can not face a real army or protect their borders in the event of an attack

6 With so much hate and anger left behind by the secession , Goods and services that pass through what's left of Nigeria will be heavily taxed making business more frustrating for almost every one . Nigeria stopped food from getting to you once, your land can't be at it's best which means you'll import basic food crops , heavily taxed food = very expensive food , which citizens won't be able to afford

7 There'll be mass deportation and witch hunting of any Biafran Left in what's left of Nigeria , when the jobless meets the desperate , crime rate increases, with starvation and more desperation, it gets worse , You'll probably be charged heavily to return to Nigeria having to pay for housing , water, electricity , security , and discrimination before getting a job .

In summary , the land becomes a ruin, which will probably mean more petroleum for Nigeria in another million years or so he he he grin grin grin

6&7 credit to kyase

MuMu this is what we want, the hatred for IGBOS from yorubas is unspeakable yet they care so much about Igbos that they dont want them to leave Nigeria and suffer...buhahahaha, an average Igbo man is more intelligent than any sophisticated Ofem.manu, Very soon SS and SE will destroy Lagos the only hope SW have and your a aboki masters will not save you.

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
EastLebanon:
the niger river will be dredge without nigeria opposing them because going by UN LAW inland countries has the right to dredge rivers running from their territories to the ocean or sea to enable them transport goods.Another is azumini river in abia state which is not too far from the atlantic ocean.

CC Chessboard
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok seriously i have only few concerns here...

Igbos seccession (Good or bad for the igbos)

How is that now giving non-igbos more concern than igbos themselves

Why do non-igbos think about biafra more than igbos

why is biafra like a thorn in the flesh of non-igbos that are supposed not to be concerned

If biafra turns out bad, isn't that supposed to be the problems of biafrans, why are you all worried about it

why are non-igbos worried, afraid and angry that igbos want to seccede

As a matter of fact, if the west or north wanted to seccede, the igbo man would not even be concerned or worried or debate them not to or criticize them.
Because frankly they know how to mind their business and focus on what concerns them......... So why are you guys more concerned about biafra than igbos

p.s: Am not a stark pro biafra but at least i know when people should mind their business

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fighting Breaks Out At Abuja IDP Camp / Wow: Buharis Wife Is Breathtaking / Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.