Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra (13264 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / See What Igbos Are Saying About Olisa Metuh In Handcuffs, Will Shock You / Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:

The bolded, were where dey in the last war? Did they not betray Biafra? As to whether or not if they would join, keep on dreaming like self centredness would let them agree. When everyone is trying to get his share of power? Brother/Sister please... Tell me something I don't know. If you feel they would join you, why is that many of the houses Igbos had in Rivers State, they have been unable to get it back?

Let's call a spade a spade. Biafra won't work!!! Why?

1. There's no true leader or idealist pushing the cause and don't even mention Kalu cuz that one na terrorist
2. Nigeria was never ready for democracy talk more a new country where everyone is speaking a different language.

Anyways my opinion and am entitled to it. If you don't like it, remember everyone has an asshole. Cheers

point of correction the efik and anang never betrayed Biafra don't stain their names

the second in command was effiong and an efik man...Igbo have a very close relationship with them

so what do you gain by peddling this lies

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Nice job but concerning ur no 1 ss iz going nowhere wid em at worst we have our own country nd if we don't fight over land naw ion fink we gonna ever do dat anytym in da future

when you say south south in Biafra I think these Igbo are not interested in sobo peoole and itshekiri and edo..Biafra is not for them

are you
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kyase:

brov just stop asking because there won't be biafra anywhere. Except they move to israel to claim their lost land. Shabi they ARE the lost jews? THIS IS NIGERIA THE INDIVISIBLE ENTITY.

I dey laugh this one. Even Buhari dey laugh you more.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Durinsday: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
I will pose 2 scenarios:

1. Biafra with 100% Igbo citizens land i.e. Ex-non-Igbo speaking communities:

A. Natural resources:
(i) Energy:
-Massive coal deposits in Enugu - coal powered plants for entire region;
-Huge untapped gas deposits in Njaba & Nekede Imo state; cheap exploitation due to onshore location; enough for gas plant to electrically power the nation.
-Oil wells in Ohaji, Oguta, Anambara, Njaba basins. Petrochemicals manufacturing
-Refinery already in Anambara; other refineries could be set up to meet local

(ii) Solid Minerals:
-Kaolin in Okigwe for ceramics industry; electric distribution insulators, pottery, refractory bricks for furnaces
-limestone in okigwe/Ebonyi Axes
-Iron Ore in Anambara state, supplemented by scrap Iron for metal works
-granite in Enugu and environs for construction works
-Dolomite supporting iron works

Human Resources:
Undoubtably the most resourceful in Nigeria. Strong skilled hands to build the nation. Highly educated, with enterprenueral spirit wouls achieve great things

Water ways:
Unlike most people think, there are water channels to the atlantic via phc. The River Niger would be a great inter-aquatic channel with south south neighbours.

Freedom: very important for building a merit based system devoid of quotas, federal characters and all such poor ideas that restrain excellence. The best people for the best jobs; only. Round pegs in round holes. No monthly allocations, you eat what you produce, and pay tax to the center. & produce they will. Validated!

(iii) Agriculture:
-rice in Ebonyi (Abakiliki), Akaeze etc
- palm oil all states
- poultry farms and fish farms easily replicated without restraint
-vegetables all states
-tubers; yam, cassava, potatoes all states

To be continued...

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
abdullahI24:

Igbos symbolises failure
Even in the pre colonial era the west and north brought out their leaders but. South east could not stabilize themselves with a single leader. They kept fighting themselves. This is wat is going to happen wen Biafra is actualized. grin

Trash...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
AlPeter:

1st kidnapping, cult fights, robbery, scams, ritual killings, political assassinations, etc are already a usual thing in the east. 2nd Is control of the oil one of the major reason for your renewed cries

#yapping..
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

having peace is difference
Ireland and Catalonia have peace but they want freedom from UK and Spain
And Biafra Republic is the way to the peace? Farewell Biafra
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Agrika:

And who told you that the core SE will want to have anything to do with SS when it comes to Biafra. History has taught us a lesson

Trash...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

Thanks a lot Brother, the Biafra enthusiasts are like a foetus that has opportunity to see a baby crawling in a dirty water and thinking he would only live on a tiled ground after he was born in the same environment, strange dreams.

Oily yoyos and their counselling. If the Igbos (your sworn enemies) are going to suffer all the numerous plagues you've reeled out in Biafra. Shouldn't it be a thing of joy to you. You Yorubas have spent more time counselling Igbos(that you hate) against Biafran than asking what will be you fate in an Odua-arewa republic.

You guy sound like poverty Osun man teaching people on how not to suffer poverty but everyday he rushes to a queue with a bowl to collect Kashamu's rice. Y'all need to quit the anti-biafran sermon and think about yourself. Life is not rosy for you guys especially if you are from Osun or kwara.

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ezeagu(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:

My Brother your analysis so on point shey? loool, I laff in Ibo.

Listen, your analysis is so Nigerian, talking about what you would like it to be but not what it will. If you are so sure of all that you have highlighted and if its that easy has you have enumerated. Please why are these things not working now. Since 1999 at least Eastern states have been having Governors but yet nothing has happened. Or are the Governors not Biafrans like you?

I have said it before, Igbos should man up and stop looking for excuses for failure. Throughout GEJ's tenure there was no cry for Biafra, but after he lost we started hearing Biafra Biafra Biafra.

And lastly on ur statement on Greece, pls you aint right. Greece's failure wasn't due to non-payment of tax. you can read more on these sites...marketwatch.com and mfs.com to know more.
How do I know, maybe cos I follow the happenings going on there minute by minute cos it affects the stock market directly; my primary baby at work

I have a better question for you, do you think a call for second Niger bridge, or multiple Niger bridges, Onitsha port, Tinapa and other free trade zones, Ibaka deap sea port, and Niger delta sea walls would be ignored in a Biafra?

I use this as a case study: https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/405#36076936

Something as sweeping as a Biafra revolution would get rid of the crab in a barrel mentality and get rid of 'Nigerian' leaders. There's nothing to prove, the world saw what happened the last time Biafra existed and was ganged up on by the whole world. The fact that resources aren't being sent to Jigawa and we don't have governors answering to Boko Haram sponsors helps.

The cry for Biafra has more to do with the gang up against GEJ, something that is rooted in Nigeria's long history of prejudice against the east, more than the fact GEJ lost. GEJ was not perfect, but there was definitely a conspiracy against him just because he is eastern. If Buhari had won, just like Obasanjo, just like Yar'Adua, in a different circumstance, as in, not consistently threatening Nigeria's peace if he didn't win, then there wouldn't be such a 'cry'.

Greece got into their problems because of over doing and their people didn't respond with tax. A Biafra has enough human and natural resources to buy Greece, in fact with all the proposed states as it is the GDP is already a third of Greece and that's in this terrible climate. Greece can be used as a great case study though.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheruv:

Your name shows a Benue-plateau origin and we the Igbos haven't forgotten what your people did during the war.
That your Fulani masters are presently dealing with you guys doesn't mean the accounts with us won't be settled. Our armies would pay your people back in full measure all they did.. and Chukwu Okike Abiama sanctions it! angry

Kyase pls join me in saying Iseeee!
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
lygn19:

Nigeria is not going to break anytime soon, u and I know that, u ve been on Nairaland since 2012, we ve fought online civil war abt Biafra so much that I know dat nothing would happen, one Nigeria.
Also if u guys wanted to break up stop trying to convince anybody abt how Biafra would survive, u guys are giving who so ever dat cares to listen reasons not to let u go.

why worry
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheruv:

By the time we incorporate Igbos living there,we'd ve gotten the needed sea access. Our seaboard is at opobo,so I wonder what you're saying

Many of them learnt that Jaja of OPOBO the founder of OPOBO is A FULL BLOODED IGBOMAN and Igbo is key language of trade there. I contributed time in lecturing them. They will understand that Igboland transcends beyond SE into SS. They think Biafra will let the divide-and-rule stand.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Ah dey deceive maself abi watin u dey yan and mind u am a niger deltan and I make bold 2 say no niger deltan is buying into Ur fantasy. Do u think we lyk being minority in ANYWHERE nigeria inclusive. I hate wenever dey make adverts lyk igbo,yoruba nd hausa should work 2geder 4 peace 2 rain in nigeria lyk d oder minorities dat fid d nation don't Matter not 2 talk being in an 80% ibo country with over 90% control of d central govt, dey never gonna care bout us and I don't blame cause it natural 4 majority 2 oppress d minority our languages are gonna b lost just lyk igala is going xtinct in anambra.
So oga nedu forgerit it ain't neva gonna work at least no wid us I'll rather my village becomes a republik

ofe in disguise claiming Niger Delta...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
DoctorMcgruff:
if secession happens why wont Niger Delta Break away and form its own republic? I like Igbos but as an Ekoi, the one thing tha comes to mind is "majority rule/minority rights" will minorities really get their rights? What stops Cross River from breaking away and forming its own?

#yappdreaming...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

This same reason they are endangered species home and abroad: Hausa love to hate them, Yoruba are wary. To deal with them,South Africa is hunting them, many are serving jail terms in europe and other parts of the world for various crimes. Reputed for adulterated and fake products. What a feat to pride in?

keep on crying..
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:

So u mean Igbos will not be tolerant in the Biafra republic. U see, its still the same old wine in a new bottle...........rotfl

Shattap!yorubaman claiming SS. Fake aszs monkey.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
We will never elect illiterates as Presidents and we will never allow private sector rejects run our public services.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by viruz007(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

why do you feel bad that Biafra is in offing
why afraid

Because it will not be solved amicably the way Scotland resolved theirs.. This is Nigeria, Africa... Blood shed will happen and when it does war will likely result.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by dmz1: 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
in the first Biafra every thing worked despite the war. refineries, telephone, the civil service, the army, police, hospitals, there was great patriotism. Normally during wars citizens usually flee their country, but in Biafra citizens in Europe and America were coming home to fight for the survival of the new state. The second Biafra will be more successful than the first. Moreover, Biafrans (confirmed to have the highest IQ in Africa) will surely create a successful country.

But I noted that Virus007 and this op mightysparrow should not be allowed to be posting rubbish on nairaland. both are dumb as rocks.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Duru1(m): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
The sky shall be the limit!!!! First action should be doing away with quota system. Second action should be the stoppage of crude oil drilling.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by RapLawd1: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Where u guys gonna get d money 2 build an economy from.
None of ur state has an igr of 3billion monthly, nxt 2 no oil reserves nd close 2 nothing or currently not much from fed allocation at the moment.
Being a landlocked territory ur goods gonna pass tru naija since u hav no ports, our customs are gonna tax u 3x more frustrating ur buiz men forcing outta buisness leaving u guys cash strap as broke as osun nd in no tym u gonna b running 2 IMF,world bank,chinese bank 4 loan and when u can't pay back CNN,BBC et Al are gonna b lyk "africa newest nation worse Dan Greece" anoda failed imf loan deal, 1 biafran dollar equals 1000dollars .+ d massive deportation of biafrans from naija + high crime rate due lack of employment etc
Sorry I guess I just did a 15-20 yrs economic analysis of an independent biafra something nnamdi kalu never bothered 2 do and it ain't so green.

Are you not ashamed that you typed all this ill wishes
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by RapLawd1: 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

And why? Are there not Igbo Muslims now by choice?

There's no true Igbo Muslim... It's biz as usual
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by RapLawd1: 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

An Igbo corper just recently converted to Islam by choice following PMB winning presidetial election. Find out in religion section here on NL

Imagine the reason behind the conversion... Muslim indeed...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by RapLawd1: 11:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:
This thing is simple. Biafrans should know by now that Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers state would not join them.

The states that want to form Biafra are landlocked with no access to the sea.. So pray tell for the person who said Enugu has oil abi gas and the gas in Imo, how would u transport it out? U think Nigeria would give u access to run pipelines? How would you do your import and export business when you don't have access to the ports/sea? Unless you want to fly your 40ft containers via cargo plane..

Oh well

Those states you mention, are you their mouthpiece?

Stop being silly dude, Biafra is coming and the strength of million Nigeria can't stop it greatness!!!
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by RapLawd1: 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
ITbomb:
They will display worst born to rule tendencies and would be oppressing the minority groups and undermining them.
They will claim the oil and without Igbo surname no job for you in Biafra National Oil Company.
If the SS do not agree to their demand, they will start a systematic genocide to claim all lands.

God forbid Biafra with the SS until they learn to respect other ethnicity and language

Olodo, your signature just did the magic -retard
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by viruz007(m): 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
RapLawd1:

Those states you mention, are you their mouthpiece?

Stop being silly dude, Biafra is coming and the strength of million Nigeria can't stop it greatness!!!

My opinion. Wat do I know after all na adult education I dey do...
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 4:14am On Jul 22, 2015
dmz1:
in the first Biafra every thing worked despite the war. refineries, telephone, the civil service, the army, police, hospitals, there was great patriotism. Normally during wars citizens usually flee their country, but in Biafra citizens in Europe and America were coming home to fight for the survival of the new state. The second Biafra will be more successful than the first. Moreover, Biafrans (confirmed to have the highest IQ in Africa) will surely create a successful country.

But I noted that Virus007 and this op mightysparrow should not be allowed to be posting rubbish on nairaland. both are dumb as rocks.

We are discussing real issues here not fantasies. You Israeli ~ Biafrans boast too much. You see if you really are ahead the evidence will show naturally without harping it to our hear and becoming a nuisance.
You guys are like a father who while angry burst out, ' who is the father in this house?' If truly he is the father everything naturally revolves around him. Can you honestly say that Nigerian existence truly revolve around igbo nation or you have complex, or want of identity?
I know is painting you already but let uS discuss intelligently.

2 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 4:20am On Jul 22, 2015
RapLawd1:

Why? Any true Igbo Christian or born I gain?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 22, 2015
abdullahI24:

Igbos symbolises failure
Even in the pre colonial era the west and north brought out their leaders but. South east could not stabilize themselves with a single leader. They kept fighting themselves. This is wat is going to happen wen Biafra is actualized. grin

Do you know the meaning of failure? Igbos symbolise SUCCESS, ACHIEVEMENT,ACCOMPLISHMENT AND PROGRESS. You should know. Igbos are rugged and do not give up. Take away all I have today and I will rise,build myself up and surpass previous achievement.

We see life as a steeple chase, very long distance race filled with hurdles and obstacles. We could run bare feet against you that is well kitted, you would push us down with our legs and arms sore and covered in bruises but guess what... We will rise to our feet, run faster and breast that tape before you at the finish line.

Of course you are not Igbo so won't understand what it means to be one. I admire Mr Kanu sometimes but I am not a fan of his. I don't do hate.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 4:34am On Jul 22, 2015
RapLawd1:

Why? Any true Igbo Christian or born I gain?
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by MightySparrow: 4:55am On Jul 22, 2015
Intrepid01:
Hehehehe wonders shall never end. My people perish because they lack knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

I have read responses from the first page to the last page and I cant stop laughing about peoples responses.

Both the Biafrans and the non-biafrans have appeared funny in their responses.

None of the people passing comments here on Nairaland about the policies of the Government of Biafra will even be part of the decision making process.

The present day politicians cum looters e.g Orji Uzo Kalu, Nnamani etc will still be in charge of Biafra. My point is If you are not getting it right now in Nigeria, I bet you wont get it right anywhere. Stop looking for excuses, challenge your leaders to get it right here in Nigeria as an experiment first before dreaming of Biafra.
Thanks Bros for opening their eyes to their problem that not Hausa ~ Fulani, ijaw or Yoruba or their arch-enemy Awolowo. Until they can realize as quoted fron Shakespeare, ' this fault, dear biafrans, is not in our stars but in ourselves ....'

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U.S. Closely Watching Nigeria’s Political Developments – Diplomat / Achike Udenwa Is Worst Imo Governor — Rochas Okorocha / 2023: Nigeria's Next President Deserves Pity By Frederick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.