Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (67594 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by smd837(m): 12:25am On Jul 22, 2015
Seriously dis kind of isue many people has experienced it even the wrst than this. Just go report ha to boho haram and u kuku go hug transformer. [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by ihesiuloa(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2015
You are funny sha? " she turns off t.v " " she lies" etc.. Was that your reason for coming there? I thought you said you were searching for job ? But it seems you came to watch t.v & to make yourself comfortable in your uncle's house!
You better wake up! My advice, when you go for your job hunting remain outside or hang around in the neighborhood till your uncle return's back in the evening only then must you go home and if he gets home late then you are free to go home inside your room if you've got one, you shouldn't be watching t.v in the living room there are better things doing than watching t.v as a youth that you are, with time she will realize that you are not the bread and butter type then only then would you earn respect from her.

5 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 22, 2015
jayfolarin:
I am not sure if I will ever understand the line of thought of most of d commenters on this thread. I don't care what or who the lady is, be ready to face serious problems with me if you aren't comfortable with my siblings or parents around you. Girlfriend o, fiancee o, wife oo, you can't tolerate my family, we can't be smooth.

This (my parents and siblings) were d ones that were always there when d hustle was still on and strong, I became who I am on d back of their unflinching support and prayers and you come around to start forming boss while they came to spend some time in my house?? Impossible!

I won't even have u disrespect or act untowardly to my friends, needless say my family. Sorry, but that's just me.

Don't behave this way. You mean you take your friends over your wife? Way too bad.

You need to know who is who among your siblings or relatives. What everyone is capable
Of. By so doing you will be able to judge right. You don't blame your wife when you know the so called brother or sister of yours is not well behaved from home. She is from a home too and well valued so you don't have to ridicule her even when she has not done anything wrong.

From what you write I fear oo. Hope you won't beat your wife cos of siblings?

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by piagetskinner(m): 12:38am On Jul 22, 2015
Was ur mother complaining when u were staying with her Shebi na u wan stay with broda #u have seen with ur eyes that water pass garri.... Never stay with uncle/brothers wives, unless they have a track record of being kind

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by omonnakoda: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?
You cannot leave peacefully with her so get on yer bike.She does not want you in HER HOUSE and has already told you.Are you stupidd? Why do you like TV so much at your age.You do no seem like a sober guy. You clearly have a SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT like many Nigerian youth. Change your attitude ,NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING so be grateful for everything, The fact that you apologized shows you have good upbringing which is a positive. But in life attitude is everything.Nothing should shake you .Take the position that nothing happens without a reason.Take this as a school/learning curve.You made a mistake getting into an argument with her .Never argue with women. By so doing you showed weakness and played into her hands. Refocus your mind. Why are you there ? Ask yourself that question and focus on that NOT TV

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by 360jamng(m): 12:48am On Jul 22, 2015
HungerBAD:
I always tell men one thing.

Never go to any home you are related to the man to stay, you will have problems. People that are related to the wive's usually have a smooth sail.

True talk.

That's the fact.

I've noticed that.

Recently, I wanted to go stay with my uncle after exams, but that made me change mah mind.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Brugo(m): 12:55am On Jul 22, 2015

Why are people giving the impression that the woman has every right to be rude, troublesome, spiteful and discourteous to the young man?

Whatever is bad is BAD.

8 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Gofwane(m): 12:57am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.
same problem i'm having over here. But in my case, it is the children. They always gossip about me when i go to work.

There was this day i came back earlier than usuall, and they did'nt know i was back. That was the day i heard all they were discussing.

The worse thing is that the mum has refused to let me get my own apartment. I applied for a loan at my place for work, so i can start living on my own. She got to know about it. You need to see the kind of scene she went and created at work. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . chaii, shey na like this we go dey, dey...?

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

Never go to any home you are related to the man to stay, you will have problems. People that are related to the wive's usually have a smooth sail.

EH...I REMEBER STAYING WITH MY FATHER'S SISTER FOR 1 YEAR....it was hell...Na just grace of God for a good host. ITs not that easy. Guy, if you have a choice, you better leave, so as not to ruin your rapport with the family

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by emmatok(m): 1:08am On Jul 22, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

She is right at the bolded. It is her home and for reasons best known to her, she does not want you there. Perhaps her husband did not ask of her permission before allowing you in there. Perhaps your mother did something or said something about her. You are the guest there and she does not want you. You should not talk back at her or run around doing childish stuff.

I think you should leave her home but if you have nowhere to go, keep quiet. If she finds your trouble, keep quiet and move on. She will get tired with time. Just ignore her. Greet her, if she dey form vex, crack one small joke if you can and move along. All the best. Try and get something small even if its teaching job. Anything to get you out of the house and out of her hair. May God open doors and help you bro.

Comments from some women on this thread is so crazy.

So it's ok for a woman treat her husband's family anyhow, you ladies forget that same woman might need the assistance or support of the husband family in the future.

All this gra gra she is making about its my house Will disappear of something bad happens to her husband and his family aid is needed.

Some women can be shortsighted.

10 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by omonnakoda: 1:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Brugo:

Why are people giving the impression that the woman has every right to be rude, troublesome, spiteful and discourteous to the young man?

Whatever is bad is BAD.

The issue is not good or bad the issue is reality . If an armed robber enters your house with a gun he has no right to do that but he is THERE so if you do not have a plan you better cooperate. Deal with life AS IT IS and not AS IT SHOULD BE.
If you do not have the power to change a thing find the serenity to live with its
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 22, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
My Uncle's Wife coming out soon. Grab Your Copy!!

Nollywood take note.

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by emmatok(m): 1:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Brugo:

Whatever is bad is BAD.

Welcome to the women's world.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by PussyKrook: 1:15am On Jul 22, 2015
May I share my little experience. It may be of Some help to you. My elder brother raised me up. I started living with him after my primary school. My brother is the kind of tough no nonsense person. Very tough disciplinarian. He was also a chronic bachelor. So the house was left to me. I cooked for myself and my brother rarely ate my food anyway since he always came back home late. My mum wanted my brother to marry but he did no want to.

Suddenly, he met this woman. He said she was d one. She was extremely nice to me. We would Joke and laugh together. Long story short. My bro married her. I was still in secondary school. Man did things change for me. The lady changed from a nice lady to a totally nasty woman. The change was too much for to take. I was still a teenager and quite rebebelious. She would dish me food in a broken plate. She would Shout at me for no reason. If my friends visited she would be openly antagonistic. One by one i lost Some of my childhood friends. In my area, my friends didnt want to visit me at all.

Man i became extremely stubborn. I would do things on purpose just to get back at her. She would Shout and rant and my brother would join too. I didnt care. She openly told her friends that she didnt want me around the house.

When i went to University, I became more matured. My attitude towards her changed. I started treating her with love. Believe it or not, i just thought she neeeded more love than me. I respected her more, eventhough her attitude towards me didnt change. The reasons for my change? My brother. I realised that my attitude was making my bro unhappy too. I also realised that although she didnt want me around, i stuck around for my brother, because i consired him my father and i would die for him. I had to Sacrifice my personal pain, discomfort, etc to make him happy. Today, we are best of friends because she realised i loved her sincerely despite what i went through. I hold no Grudges against her at all. In fact today I feel so much pain for her.

I dont know how old you are or the culture you come from, you should respect that woman because she is your uncle's wife. Period. She may feel that you are not welcome, treat her with respect. Also help out with chores in the house. Dont just sit around and stretch your legs thinkin ' this is my uncle's house' mentality. It wont cut it. It is also her house. You probably feeling very entitled like i used to. Offer love instead of stubbornness. Respect instead of disrespect. No one knows tomorrow. Love conquers all. For me it did.

12 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 22, 2015
She obviously doesn't like you and wants you out of the house its best you respect urself and leave

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 22, 2015
Dear Lord, I am a woman but please I don't want to posess this wicked trait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by NobleG1(m): 1:57am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?

You didn't state why she behaves that way. Either your family treated her like c*rap or she's just bad. We on NL won't know.
I recommend reporting her to your uncle. Record her actions as evidence in case you need it in future to defend yourself.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Richy4(m): 2:11am On Jul 22, 2015
When a problem is about to end and solutions is just around the corner,
Stumbling block, opposition will be left,right and center.

Just endure it will not take longer for you to get what you are looking for.

You are now in real world....

This is a lesson for you. When things became ok for you in future and you get married. And your future wife starts acting up on your siblings.

This is what you have to recall. It will be called flash back.

That time,Either you act like your uncle or you change things with this experience.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Eddy2cute(m): 2:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Bross na by force to stay there? U nor go comot?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 22, 2015
This crap happens all the time. A generation of capricious, and avaricious wives. I dont need a wife to clean and cook for me. Op. A reasonable uncle/brother/friend without a wife would have been a great place to stay. At this moment; gettin' a job or not, as long as you continue to stay in that house, your focus is fvcked.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gidjah(m): 2:28am On Jul 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

so so true, this shows us how horrible most ladies could be, so so selfish, so so self-centered. Once the matter is about the husband side, forget it, na trouble una go take end am , but for u Mr husband to have peace,keep telling her about her own famille ,she will akways love that.As a matter of fact, most ladies would love you to do away with your familly ,including your father and mother too, they prefer you to ignore them and attend to her own familly ,as if no be one familly the man come ftom sef _!!

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by sirkezman: 2:31am On Jul 22, 2015
i think its too late to rectify anything now but i will like to say this. women naturally see competition in everything (with their husbands family members) and its up to you to change her mindset. i was in your shoes before and i had no problem at all. most people dont know that the most powerful person in the house is the woman hence they cross the line and face the consequences. i was playful with my uncle's wife, helped her in the kitchen anytime she is cooking, helped my cousins do their home works and got her lil gifts (fruits and stuffs) sometimes. my strategy worked so well as i was the only one she had no problem with in the family.. my lil bro and another cousin both had experiences like yours too...

Adamsdelrio:

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 22, 2015
[Open hatred,Hidden love]
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by tete7000(m): 2:33am On Jul 22, 2015
7 When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone's way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them. (Prov. 16:7)
Kindly meditate on these words of the scripture. They are full of advice for you. Since I came across them, my life has not been the same again. The only person you have control over is you! Work on yourself and stop bothering about the woman.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gidjah(m): 2:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.
it's like that with you ladies ,you know ?!, jealousy no go allow una head correct. But u b careful o, try be nice to her, when returning home ,try getting her kids some thing ,even get her gifts too.just hope you aint the trouble type dear, really do hope so
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 22, 2015
Reminds me growing with stepmama for 16yrs. I just left home as I entered sch. Now I'm a flying officer, make she no disrespect me ever again or I go drill am.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gidjah(m): 2:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Bros Fola, eno easy o, no be so the thing dey be at mos t times, once the devil succeds in giving you a trouble some woman, my broda na big gobe be dat o, you will be forced to manage her, if you practice christianity, no clergy or even your parents will dare to separate you two, na so so settlement till una die!!the best option is for the man to pipe low and allow her have her ways ,eksr peace will elude that home o
jayfolarin:
I am not sure if I will ever understand the line of thought of most commenters on this thread. I don't care what or who the lady is, be ready to face serious problems with me if you aren't comfortable with my siblings or parents around you. Girlfriend o, fiancee o, wife oo, you can't tolerate my family, we can't be smooth.

This (my parents and siblings) were d ones that were always there when d hustle was still on and strong, I became who I am on d back of their unflinching support and prayers and you come around to start forming boss while they came to spend some time in my house?? Impossible!

I won't even have u disrespect or act untowardly to my friends, needless say my family. Sorry, but that's just me.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by gidjah(m): 3:01am On Jul 22, 2015
laplace12:

grin grin

The guy is dumb. He is angry because of ordinary tv.

I was denied food and water for 3 months in my cousins house while hunting for job and nobody heard about it?

...and this mofo is here whining because of tv.
is this what the harsh treatment has turned you into?!! (An insulting machine (without honourable words of advice and virtues ??,pls get better with words and be a good replica of your home, my brother !! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Sunshinelady(f): 3:05am On Jul 22, 2015
coolestrogue:
Take your worries to God almighty, He alone can see you through. There is nothing lalasticlala and ishilove can do, the best they can do is to take this to the front-page.

What you passing through is just a little of what Joseph in the Bible went through, read that portion of the Bible and find hope.
. Best advice so far! 0p Jesus is d way d truth & life! Cast ur burdens on Him
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by MrDoGood(m): 3:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:

You don't need advice on this one. It simply means that you've over stayed your welcome.
How long have you been there?
And beside, most women of these days are like that.
Don't just sit in the house and hope for job!!!!!!! Start something my brother.........

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Anything " my brother's wife" should be avoided in life.
Be a scarce commodity to them, Make yourself hard to meet.
Same applies to other in-laws.
Then you earn your respect.

Whatever type of in-law you are, as for me I don't want to know you. I will revoke everything "......ship" with them. Communication will be rare and might not even exist.

Op you had better step up your job hunting. Avoid her as much as possible...even if it is to the extent of not seeing eye to eye. Your coming in contact with her should be coincidence. Stay put in your room that's your boundary. Alternatively leave the house find somewhere else to live.

Mistakes people often make is that they always think their help is in the hands of family member, relatives, in-laws. The moment you start to look elsewhere for help the better for you to avoid feeling bitter.

Typical trait of a wife from poverty stricken background. Myopic in reasoning thinking everything will stay same forever.

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
I don't expect such actions from a woman who once lived in our house peacefully without any problems. A good Christian that she claims to be should never do things like this.
hahaha...u finished ur academic from which sec sch? kai kai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics) / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.