Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24220 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Genea(f): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
he will be above sixteen by October 31. right?
he is 18yrs
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
he is 18yrs
Uhm...there were so many conditions taken into consideration...
For instance, if I'm from Makurdi in Benue state and I apply to Unilag, Unilag is completely outta my catchement area, so it would be wise for them to move me back either to Makurdi or schools around Benue.

Nd note that what Jamb is doing is exactly what has been happening since in terms of admission. The only difference now is that people have a better chance of gaining admission as against former times universities will only collect ur money without putting u in consideration.

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

For instance, if I'm from Makurdi in Benue state and I apply to Unilag, Unilag is completely outta my catchement area, so it would be wise for them to move me back either to Makurdi or schools around Benue.

Nd note that what Jamb is doing is exactly what has been happening since in terms of admission. The only difference now is that people have a better chance of gaining admission as against former times universities will only collect ur money without putting u in consideration.
very right sir. this was what I suspected initialy.

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

perhaps they considered age too?
Just like IQ tests where they compare your age to your performance.
That could be it.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
perhaps they considered age too? Just like IQ tests where they compare your age to your performance. That could be it.
Yeah! Like I said "many factors"
But concerning age...there are two things involved 1. Anyone can lie to Jamb abt their age 2. The number of under-16 is insignificant.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
JAMESDATS:
call mr james for data share on 07037043911
this was boldly written:

Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned.

and you violated the rule.

smiley you know what will happen to you if i press the "report button" grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Genea(f): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

no its not a good move,if dis done dere won't be national integration at all and everyone shud b given a fair chance

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Another question people might ask is
"Why did they not do this during registration?"

Well...to the best of my knowledge, It would be catastrophic if this move was attempted then because, at that time...we had 1.7million candidates...so if they had shared them, by the time Jamb scores begin to come out, it would corrupt their database; they'd have to start allover again!

They made the right move, doing this b4 top schools started releasing their forms, but there should have been a formal announcement.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
no its not a good move,if dis done dere won't be national integration at all and everyone shud b given a fair chance
we have fed institutions alloted to every zone... so why forego urz at the expense of another?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
Uhm...sister, in a way, we are the cause of this
While registering for the Jamb exam, we were informed to "Choose schools in your catchement area" other factors were laid down for us to consider like "u must be 16 yrs of age" "ur Jamb combination must tally with the chosen course"
For instance, FUTA admits computer science based on Eng-Maths-Phy-Chem while UNIBEN uses ENG-MATHS-PHYSICS-GEO/CHEM
Source: uniben.edu
So if I choose Futa, and I used Uniben's combination, instead of disqualifying me for that year, they'd forward my name to UNIBEn.

Most of us didn't adhere to these Instructions and so they are enforcing it on us.
Take note: They are also going to sanction any University who doesn't complete admission process by Oct 31.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
this was boldly written:

and you violated the rule.
smiley you know what will happen to you if i press the "report button" grin
Hahaha...abeg the guy dey huzzle grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Uhm...sister, in a way, we are the cause of this
While registering for the Jamb exam, we were informed to "Choose schools in your catchement area" other factors were laid down for us to consider like "u must be 16 yrs of age" "ur Jamb combination must tally with the chosen course"
For instance, FUTA admits computer science based on Eng-Maths-Phy-Chem while UNIBEN uses ENG-MATHS-PHYSICS-GEO/CHEM
Source: uniben.edu
So if I choose Futa, and I used Uniben's combination, instead of disqualifying me for that year, they'd forward my name to UNIBEn.

Most of us didn't adhere to these Instructions and so they are enforcing it on us.
Take note: They are also going to sanction any University who doesn't complete admission process by Oct 31.
and uniben is yet to start shocked

anyway, there is stil plenty of time
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
and uniben is yet to start shocked
anyway, there is stil plenty of time
As in...
But Uniben won't have much problems sha...Lagos is kinda close to benin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin
RobinHez:
Hahaha...abeg the guy dey huzzle grin
Yea. the dude noticed traffic on this thread and decided to be "rational"
I presume he studied Economics smiley
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
grin
Yea. the dude noticed traffic on this thread and decided to be "rational"
I presume he studied Economics smiley
Loool...it was a wise ploy from him wink
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

As in...

But Uniben won't have much problems sha...Lagos is kinda close to benin grin
Oga! why you dey formulate lie like this na

I know the hours it took me the last time I traveled there tongue

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2015

Robinhez, look at this idea.

There are roughly 70 public/government own universities in Nigeria.

The total number of candidates that scored above 200 and are hence fully capable of being admitted to the university are 455 639. If these were equally shared among all these universities, each university would have an average of 6500 students . . . very convenient!

However, in the presentation I downloaded showed that a mind boggling 607330 students applied to just ten universities!!!

That means almost everyone that scored above 200 is gunning for one out of just ten universities.

It then only makes sense to redistribute the students so that each university has 6500 students each. Personally, I think that's a very good idea, honestly.

Seeing this, I am thinking the students would be redistributed based on

1. Their scores.
2. The proximity of the universities to their States.
3. Catchment.

And all of these would be done with percentage based selection per course!

With these, there is no need to transfer anyone to private schools or Maiduguri. There are more than enough other places to transfer them to.

let the students who have not been verified consider this.
Ask your selves these.

1. What is the probability that I am among the top 20% in my chosen course.
2. How far is my school from my state?
3. Do I fall under my school's catchment?

Cc ada96 venus007 and others, Robin, mention your people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
Oga! why you dey formulate lie like this na
I know the hours it took me the last time I traveled there tongue
grin I'm just trying to sound Ironic na embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
Loool...it was a wise ploy from him wink
Yeah. my phone is warning... "battery low" and about to switch off angry embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
grin I'm just trying to sound Ironic na embarassed
huh.... forgive me
*blames himself* for not getting the memo embarassed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
@teempakguy
Thanks for that genius stuff...
This should be the second time am affirming my dislike for Statistics on NL.
I put it on the first page so people will have easy access. Thanks!
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
huh.... forgive me
*blames himself* for not getting the memo embarassed
Ok ok...
Check out that brilliant piece from teem up there shocked
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:

Robinhez, look at this idea.

There are roughly 70 public/government own universities in Nigeria.

The total number of candidates that scored above 200 and are hence fully capable of being admitted to the university are 455 639. If these were equally shared among all these universities, each university would have an average of 6500 students . . . very convenient!

However, in the presentation I downloaded showed that a mind boggling 607330 students applied to just ten universities!!!

That means almost everyone that scored above 200 is gunning for one out of just ten universities.

It then only makes sense to redistribute the students so that each university has 6500 students each. Personally, I think that's a very good idea, honestly.

Seeing this, I am thinking the students would be redistributed based on

1. Their scores.
2. The proximity of the universities to their States.
3. Catchment.

And all of these would be done with percentage based selection per course!

With these, there is no need to transfer anyone to private schools or Maiduguri. There are more than enough other places to transfer them to.

let the students who have not been verified consider this.
Ask your selves these.

1. What is the probability that I am among the top 20% in my chosen course.
2. How far is my school from my state?
3. Do I fall under my school's catchment?

Cc ada96 venus007 and others, Robin, mention your people.

logically insightful.

God bless this sumtpuous mind
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
So my graphs weren't useless afterall! grin
#dancing shoki! cheesy
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
@pukka36 Check out Teempakguy's brilliant analysis.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
logically insightful.

God bless this sumtpuous mind
thank you. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
#dancing shoki! cheesy
gringrin *joins him with 2 bottles of origin*

1 Like

RobinHez:

#dancing shoki! cheesy
grin grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin
Abi na grin
I was staring at solution in my face...just because I hate statistics I couldn't utilize it fully!

Its good to have people like u around. smiley
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
blueto:
gringrin *joins him with 2 bottles of origin*
Gerraout jhor grin

B4 u start calling west Germany after u're drunk grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Abi na grin
I was staring at solution in my face...just because I hate statistics I couldn't utilize it fully!

Its good to have people like u around. smiley
cheesy
That's why I'm the one going for computer science. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Gifts Cars To Abia Teachers, Applauds Commitment, Dedication (Photos) / JAMB Arrests 149 Candidates For UTME Fraud / What's The Slogan Of Your University?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.