Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps (30687 Views)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by blesoh(f): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
koplisun:
Somw mother inlaw na wintch o na problem dem go just won dey create.
my dear its true,last week my MIL told everyone dat wish to listen,dat i didnt help her carry her handbag untill she asked me to.
Lol,i ve my own handbag hw do i manage wid 2 bags but i carried to avoid problm yet she stil told pple abt it.MIL no easy oh

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by babyfaceafrica: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its a ladies issue,the usually have problem with each other,always competing...haven't you notice that father-in-laws get a long with tom ,dick and harry..God will save them!!
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Pidggin(f): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
ote author=Stelvin101 post=36164712]Dear future wife, my mum requires only 4 things:

1. You must be a good cook cause her son cook like a chef.

2. You must posses humility and self respect.

3. If you are not born again, you must be willing to accept Jesus.

4. You must not starve her son in your matrimonial duty wink[/quote]

If her son cooks like a chef why will he starve?

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Adaezeagu(f): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Etumgbe:
I just pray I don't marry Jezebel as a wife if not I see myself kicking her out if she dares my mother cos I don't play with my sweet mum.

oh!!!!!! Sweet mother
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pidggin:
ote author=Stelvin101 post=36164712]Dear future wife, my mum requires only 4 things:

4. You must not starve her son in your matrimonial duty wink

I know were u are going lol. if na u be dat future wife u can't take advantage of the fact I can cook, u must perform ur duty o
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Pidggin(f): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mother-in-laws refuse to accept the fact that their sons are no longer children. Some MIL still want to protect their sons, they get jealous of the attention the son gives to his wife, and cause trouble to get attention.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Pidggin(f): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Stelvin101:

I know were u are going lol. if na u be dat future wife u can't take advantage of the fact I can cook, u must perform ur duty o

My duty? OK

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pidggin:

My duty? OK

Yes ur duty. It's a woman's duty to cook for her husband and a man's duty to cook for his wife occasionally. for instance, when she is busy with work or pregnant (7 months till delivery period) . but trust u women, they will want to make it the man's obligation.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by RealEstate36: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by meek2stylee(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
wait a minute,,,u wish my mum dead and urs alive? urs will have to die first cos somwia som other gal is praying for such also

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by peeta89(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
yinchar:
lol...They wont listen, I once met a lady, that said categorically said she wish her mother in law is dead
and she herself will not also live to become her sons mother in law in the future.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by bukatyne(f): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Interesting thread.

A man teaches women How to relate with women.

7 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by missstella(f): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Stelvin101:
Dear future wife, my mum requires only 4 things:

hahaha for your mind

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
missstella:
hahaha for your mind
Am not asking for much nagrin
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by chigoizie7(m): 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pidggin:

U see them? Always findng faults or reasons to justify every stup!d issue,

U forgot to ask yourself, that if as a wife, that ur husband could do all the four he mentioned, why would he marry u, but he could do some and still married u, why justify it?
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by optimism91(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
AliuAbdulwahab:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zuX8WpTyuFk/Va_bDRR_tXI/AAAAAAAAKUE/bwJ5VRjEcX8/s1600/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FTW90aGVyIGluIGxhdyB3d3cuYWJkb29sd2FoYWIuY29tLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-736504[/img]
The other day, I was watching a discussion on TV about how to deal with difficult mothers in law and a lady said that she would prefer her mother in law dead before she gets married. Like seriously?

Ladies don't always like the mention of mothers in law because they feel threatened by them. And actually, many mothers in law are always finding fault in their daughters in law. They are not easily impressed. This issue sometimes ago raised the debate question 'who owns the man, mother or wife?". The point mothers in law are trying to make is that they gave birth to and nurtured the man you call your husband while the wives also want to prove the point that the man now belongs to them because the day they got married, they became one and hence belong to each other.

This does not apply to only African mothers in law. Even the oyinbos complain about them too. The truth is that you will be at the losing end if you don't learn to cope with the excesses of your mother in law. Couples divorce but families hardly do. So, these points I will be mentioning below will go a long way in helping those that have been doing google searches on 'how to impress/cope with my mother in law'.

1. Lower your expectations of your mother in law
Knowing that mothers in law are unpredictable, expect the worse from them. By so doing, you would not be shocked at any strange doings by your mother in law. I am not promoting the fallacy of poisoning the well but when you equip yourself with the general belief that a mother in law could give you hell, then you will try avoid being shown hell.

2. Do not take her criticism personal:
A mother in law could make you believe that you are not good for her son. She could undermine you in front of your husband and kids.
She could really pose as a threat in your home in a case of delayed child birth. The thing is that you have to remain focused on strengthening your marriage rather than thinking through all her criticisms. At no point should you try to pick quarrel with her. Avoid the fire-for-fire approach.

3. Communication:
Do not be the type of daughter in law that doesn't ask after her husbands family. If you would want to have it cool with your mother in law, always call her on phone in a case she's far away. And if she's near, find time to to pay her visits and don't forget to go with petty gifts. By so doing, you are buying her over.

4. Encourage your husband in giving both financial and moral care to his parents:
Some wives are only concerned about their own family forgetting that their husbands family exist. Your mother in law or any other person from your husband's family won't have any problem with you if they know that you have not tried to monopolize your husband's income. Always remind your husband to care for his parents before they think that its your people you packing the money to.

Source: http://www.abdoolwahab.com/2015/07/you-wont-have-problem-with-your-mother.html
Only if she is in support of the marriage. Otherwise, she will definitely be a torn on your flesh.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by telad(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
kilode100:
Mother in law my ass!

daughter in-law your wish.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by telad(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
nkemdi89:
As young ladies most of us only have friends within our age grade and class, its very important to extend your circle of friends to more matured women who will correct your flaws and also advise you. By doing that there is nothing a mother in law will criticise about you that will make you feel bad, because most times our mothers tend to hide the truth from us in order not to hurt our feelings.

So much on point sis.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Olamide Ex- girlfriend followed this steps but how come

BiigTInzs cool
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by telad(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
meek2stylee:
wait a minute,,,u wish my mum dead and urs alive? urs will have to die first
cos somwia som other gal is praying for such also

lolsss funny but true. grin

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by phenol33(m): 12:11am On Jul 23, 2015
[color=#550000][/color][b][/b]this is a rubbish post... my stake here is; every woman should bear in mind that she will one day be a mother in-law to a lady and will espect the lady to treat her well. so why do u want ur mother in-law dead before marrying his son
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Miaraka: 4:26am On Jul 23, 2015
I fully and completely comcur. Most wives forget or don't even think about the fact that they are future mothers in law and that what they do to our.mothers could happen to them. Why try to compete with my mother? You have to accept that I can never divorce my mother, even if I lost my mind. You are not her age-mate, once we're married you become a member of our family and one of her children. Therefore, humble yourself and respect your mother in law, irrespective of the venom she might spew out of her mouth. Try your best to love her as much as you love me. I can't imagine how you can wish my mother dead while you claim that you love me. My mother and I are one, without her I'd not even have seen the light of day, survived so many trials and tribulations and become the success that you proudly call your husband. My mother just wants you to acknowledge and understand that she's a heroine who conceived, gave birth and brought up under very difficult circumstances, one of the greatest gifts to the world that must be taken good care of. That is, me, your one and only husband. I have no doubt that is also how your mother feels about you and herself. I must know that I'm one of her children, love and respect her and there will be no wahala.

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by undisputedgbola(m): 6:10am On Jul 23, 2015
Stelvin101:
Dear future wife, my mum requires only 4 things:

Seconded!
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by undisputedgbola(m): 6:12am On Jul 23, 2015
Etumgbe:
I just pray I don't marry Jezebel as a wife if not I see myself kicking her out if she dares my mother cos I don't play with my sweet mum.

That's another source of this mother-in-law and wife problem.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Moana(f): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2015
IdJack:

I know a lady that wishes her mother inlaw to be dead...but as I am writing this...the guy sent her parking and her life is worst than when she met the guy.

Pride, Pride, Pride will kill ladies of this days....As if she will not grow old to be the same mother inlaw she disrespect.
SECRETS: YOU WANT YOUR MAN TO LOVE YOU THE MORE....LOVE HIS MUM

you should be willing to do the same with her mother as well even if she is somewhat difficult

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Moana(f): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2015
blesoh:

my dear its true,last week my MIL told everyone dat wish to listen,dat i didnt help her carry her handbag untill she asked me to.
Lol,i ve my own handbag hw do i manage wid 2 bags but i carried to avoid problm yet she stil told pple abt it.MIL no easy oh
eeeeh ordinary handbag shocked grin kai you married into one interesting family o cry

5 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by blesoh(f): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2015
Moana:
eeeeh ordinary handbag shocked grin kai you married into one interesting family o cry
lol i swear very interesting family,d woman can pretend for africa.i alwaz try to maintain my lane.lol

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Moana(f): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2015
blesoh:

lol i swear very interesting family,d woman can pretend for africa.i alwaz try to maintain my lane.lol
i pray one day she will come back to her senses and you guys will eventually get along just fine o

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by blesoh(f): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2015
Moana:
i pray one day she will come back to her senses and you guys will eventually get along just fine o
when we meet we are alwaz fine,but she talks @ my back.which i dont really see as anything.shez too possessive dont knw if because she has 2kids,my husband nd d sister.she said i ve changed her son,he was once mummy's boy lol.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Moana(f): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2015
blesoh:

when we meet we are alwaz fine,but she talks @ my back.which i dont really see as anything.shez too possessive dont knw if because she has 2kids,my husband nd d sister.she said i ve changed her son,he was once mummy's boy lol.
well he is a grown man and she will just have to accept it. Well so long you are just managing her then you are all good

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by benedictac(f): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2015
sonofananimal1:
MANY NIGERIA LADIES JUST FULL OF PRIDE, AND THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THERE PROBLEM

I know this person must be a male. Eeeya! Kai!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.