Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps (30826 Views)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Omotayor123(f): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
B
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by eyeon(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
dream2014:
The most important step is to always remember that you will be a mother in law someday.
Serious point my paddy.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by KingKuntaVart: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
is this for the ladies ladies or the guys cause as for me ones i pay the bride price i go home with my slave..... end of story! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by guntranno(f): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Easier said
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Gurgle(f): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Ptoocool(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Counter Thread pls..

Association for Countering Threads on Nairaland (ACTN) wia art thee??
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nellizzy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
eyeon:
One thing about fathers-in-law; they hardly have issues like the mothers-in-law. #NDI_NNA
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Salispro:
Good points. My very first comment on NL !!!

Congrats! undecided
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Neyo230(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nice one from OP,i hope lady's will learn from this smiley wink
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
guntranno:
Easier said

Easier done!

Hmm...
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by horlarmicoded: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Am just walking by
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by freeman67: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wish her dead and expect same from your daughter or son in-law later in life..
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by kilode100(f): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mother in law my ass!

10 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Eden007(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yeah
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by efemty001: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Somw mother inlaw na wintch o na problem dem go just won dey create.

2 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Ayietim(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
If what you have is your all, then give your all to protect the all you have. https://ayietim./2015/07/22/you-dont-retire-from-play/
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by vision2050: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
I will share this with my Fiancée
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by maestroz: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
efonat:
[size=30pt]I don't have any financial obligations to my mother in law[/size].

somebody call 911. you go write statement. wetin you use your mother in law do.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Men nko ?
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by IdJack(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
I know a lady that wishes her mother inlaw to be dead...but as I am writing this...the guy sent her parking and her life is worst than when she met the guy.

Pride, Pride, Pride will kill ladies of this days....As if she will not grow old to be the same mother inlaw she disrespect.
SECRETS: YOU WANT YOUR MAN TO LOVE YOU THE MORE....LOVE HIS MUM

1 Like

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Sanuzi(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by tintingz(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ladies be having problems with mother-in-laws since the days of our ancestors and vice versa.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by nkemdi89(f): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
As young ladies most of us only have friends within our age grade and class, its very important to extend your circle of friends to more matured women who will correct your flaws and also advise you. By doing that there is nothing a mother in law will criticise about you that will make you feel bad, because most times our mothers tend to hide the truth from us in order not to hurt our feelings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
If these were the steps to happiness btw a Dil nd Mil.. this world would have been a better place

@op it doesn't work for all..

3 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by oochi123(f): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin
koplisun:
Somw mother inlaw na wintch o na problem dem go just won dey create.
. Hahaha.na ur own make me laf pass.
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Kimoni: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just be yourself biko. Don't bother starting what you can't sustain

Person wey go like you go like you for your inherent good qualities

7 Likes

Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Familyfirst: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
AliuAbdulwahab:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zuX8WpTyuFk/Va_bDRR_tXI/AAAAAAAAKUE/bwJ5VRjEcX8/s1600/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FTW90aGVyIGluIGxhdyB3d3cuYWJkb29sd2FoYWIuY29tLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-736504[/img]
The other day, I was watching a discussion on TV about how to deal with difficult mothers in law and a lady said that she would prefer her mother in law dead before she gets married. Like seriously?

Ladies don't always like the mention of mothers in law because they feel threatened by them. And actually, many mothers in law are always finding fault in their daughters in law. They are not easily impressed. This issue sometimes ago raised the debate question 'who owns the man, mother or wife?". The point mothers in law are trying to make is that they gave birth to and nurtured the man you call your husband while the wives also want to prove the point that the man now belongs to them because the day they got married, they became one and hence belong to each other.
Mother in law can turn to mother ill luck if one lack wisdom,if you have wisdom it can turn to mother in love. So get yourself together,learn,I think www.familyparliament.com will be of help to all.

This does not apply to only African mothers in law. Even the oyinbos complain about them too. The truth is that you will be at the losing end if you don't learn to cope with the excesses of your mother in law. Couples divorce but families hardly do. So, these points I will be mentioning below will go a long way in helping those that have been doing google searches on 'how to impress/cope with my mother in law'.

1. Lower your expectations of your mother in law
Knowing that mothers in law are unpredictable, expect the worse from them. By so doing, you would not be shocked at any strange doings by your mother in law. I am not promoting the fallacy of poisoning the well but when you equip yourself with the general belief that a mother in law could give you hell, then you will try avoid being shown hell.

2. Do not take her criticism personal:
A mother in law could make you believe that you are not good for her son. She could undermine you in front of your husband and kids.
She could really pose as a threat in your home in a case of delayed child birth. The thing is that you have to remain focused on strengthening your marriage rather than thinking through all her criticisms. At no point should you try to pick quarrel with her. Avoid the fire-for-fire approach.

3. Communication:
Do not be the type of daughter in law that doesn't ask after her husbands family. If you would want to have it cool with your mother in law, always call her on phone in a case she's far away. And if she's near, find time to to pay her visits and don't forget to go with petty gifts. By so doing, you are buying her over.

4. Encourage your husband in giving both financial and moral care to his parents:
Some wives are only concerned about their own family forgetting that their husbands family exist. Your mother in law or any other person from your husband's family won't have any problem with you if they know that you have not tried to monopolize your husband's income. Always remind your husband to care for his parents before they think that its your people you packing the money to.

Source: http://www.abdoolwahab.com/2015/07/you-wont-have-problem-with-your-mother.html
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by NovusHomo(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
efonat:
[size=30pt]I don't have any financial obligations to my mother in law[/size].

Nor do I. And by the way she can go and die already!
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by fun777: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nice topic. Every woman is a potential mother in law so treat her d way u want to be treated, nemesis is certain. My first time here
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by viju17(f): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Etumgbe:
I just pray I don't marry Jezebel as a wife if not I see myself kicking her out if she dares my mother cos I don't play with my sweet mum.

Ebelebe
Re: You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
elnino3:
What if your mother in law mama gee, Will all these work?
Then apply the wisdom of Pete Edoche, follow her with sense grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? / 62-Year-Old Man And 57-Year-Old Deaconess Owoade Welcome Their First Child / Why Do Nigerians Have These Kinds Of Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.