Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. (15706 Views)

Buhari Described As A Western Puppet By Russian TV (video) / [see Photos] A Few People Were Actually Injured In The Agbara Robbery Today / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by OfoIgbo: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. I should forget mythology? While it's the same mythology that you have used to claim prominence over other igbos.
I guess all Igbo mythologies apart from Nri are not important to igbo history.

MYTHS = TALKING THE TALK
REALITIES ON THE GROUND =WALKING THE WALK

Nri myths are backed up by realities on the ground e.g IKPU ALU, IGU ARO, NZE na OZO e.t.c

Now give me the pan-Igbo realities on the ground, that Owerri people would have used to butress their myths.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by letibab(f): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
Amadioha no gree o
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Duru1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
OfoIgbo:

let me put it this way
1. If your town has an Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo, that was put jn place before the coming of the white man, then your people had Nri influence back in the days, way before Aro emerged. They own the originating shrines of these market days. FULL STOP
2. If your people took such titles as nze, ozo, duru, mgburu-ichi, then your people habe Nri influence.
3. If your people recognised the Igbo year as celebrated by the Nris wherein years are ushered in, you have Nri influence
4. If our people have an ALU/ARU concept and depend on Nri to lift such abominations, then you have Nri influence

You will notice that most Igbos subscribe at least one or more of the above stipulations. NRI JI OFO.
NRI BU ISI IGBO

What gave you the silly impetus to arrogate the origin of Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo to Nri? Is there any thing in Igbo land other than Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo that its origin can be arrogated to Nri? Nri does not fly a tosh in my community.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by omonnakoda: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
Why not report is as Judaism is actually copied from Africa.Why cannot people think .There is nothing chosen special or superior about Judais or Jews
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Why are you replying me with this fraudster?

The fact that you disagree with him does not automatically make him a fraudster.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Okay, my question now is even if your were Jews or birthed the Jews or have a similar culture to Jews, why is it you Igbo people then insist on cursing the names of your forefather and their religion and run into demonic pentecostal churches and blasphemous imperialistic Anglican churches created so that an English king can legally divorce, and pedophilic Roman churches? Concocted religions white people made up to conquer people with. Why do you worship the idol and image of a white skinned blonde haired and blue eyed man who never mentioned your forefathers or of whom we're not even certain existed talk less of being a messiah (if you're a Jew, then Jesus is not your messiah) and why do you adhere to a book written thousands of miles and years away from your sacred land? Why is it you insist that your entire culture stops from being transferred to your children, and why do many of you swear that you will give your children useless foreign names you don't know the meaning of?

If your ancestors were sacred and you're a 'Jew', in fact, even if you aren't a Jew, why aren't you running back to the religions and cultures of your ancestors just like the Jews who were scattered across the earth did when they returned back to Israel. Are you aware of the fact that 200 years ago Hebrew was a dead language only theologians spoke? Do you know the Jewish people went back to Israel and revived the language and culture of their ancestors? Have you ever heard a Jew pondering about their possible origins or relations with Igboland?

Ask yourself these questions and then ask yourself why you're so die hard to be a Jew.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

The fact that you disagree with him does not automatically make him a fraudster.

But he's still a fraudster. Or is it because he's white I should be honored that he would be 'bothered' with twisting and fabricating nonsense about 'Igbo culture'?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

But he's still a fraudster. Or is it because he's white I should be honored that he would be 'bothered' with twisting and fabricating nonsense about 'Igbo culture'?
Ok. What fraud do you accuse him of ?
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

Ok. What fraud do you accuse him of ?

Concocting lies about Judaism in Igboland and upholding the lies of the king of Aguleri, misleading gullible Igbo people who know very little about their own history and who are swayed by their Judeo-Christian upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Concocting lies about Judaism in Igboland and upholding the lies of the king of Aguleri, misleading gullible Igbo people who know very little about their own history and who are swayed by their Judeo-Christian upbringing.
He has written a number of books on this matter.
Why not engage his writings, because it seems to me you are arguing only from personal incredulity.

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

He has written a number of books on this matter.
Why not engage his writings, because it seems to me you are arguing only from personal incredulity.

I don't need to taste a load of shit to know that it tastes like a load of shit. Anybody who is saying anything like "Obu Gad" while showing us pictures of a recently erected shabby cement shed with a funny looking cement "throne" and claiming this is where the 'Great Gad' foraged and birthed the Igbo people should be laughed at and not taken as anything else but a fraudster and a charlatan. But this is Africa where a white mans word carries the most weight no matter what is being said and for whatever reason, so I'm supposed to be in awe and shocked and surprised and doing shoki because he is 'interested' in using brainwashed Igbo mumus as a meal ticket. Like how we praise God when a white man does something as mundane as learn an African language or does something 'cultural' as if for the entirety of our lives we're not trying to be as European as possible and as if European languages aren't killing off African languages. E Yo!

As I have said repeatedly, there is no evidence of any Middle Eastern origin of the Igbo people, not in culture, not in language, not in generics. Anybody saying otherwise should try writing children's books.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by OfoIgbo: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Duru1:

What gave yiu the silly impetus to arrogate the origin of Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo to Nri? Is there any thing in Igbo land other thanEke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo that its origin can be arrogated to Nri? Nri does not fly a tosh in my community.

By the way you made wild and BLIND statements without an iota of evidence to back what you wrote up, I can immediately tell you are from one of the southern Igbo territories. It will sem as though the more southern the person is, the more removed they are from Igbo core beliefs. The ultimate being the Ikwerres some of which BLINDly claim they are no longer Igbos in spite of ample evidence to the contrary.

Well get it into your consciousness from today onwards that Umu-Nri gave you those famous days. They also own and control the originating shrines for those days, and perform the resultant IGU ARO. No shaking!!!!
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

I don't need to taste a load of shit to know that it tastes like a load of shit. Anybody who is saying anything like "Obu Gad" while showing us pictures of a recently erected shabby cement shed with a funny looking cement "throne" and claiming this is where the 'Great Gad' foraged and birthed the Igbo people should be laughed at and not taken as anything else but a fraudster and a charlatan. But this is Africa where a white mans word carries the most weight no matter what is being said and for whatever reason, so I'm supposed to be in awe and shocked and surprised and doing shoki because he is 'interested' in using brainwashed Igbo mumus as a meal ticket. Like how we praise God when a white man does something as mundane as learn an African language or does something 'cultural' as if for the entirety of our lives we're not trying to be as European as possible and as if European languages aren't killing off African languages. E Yo!

As I have said repeatedly, there is no evidence of any Middle Eastern origin of the Igbo people, not in culture, not in language, not in generics. Anybody saying otherwise should try writing children's books.
Definitely, you are arguing from "personal incredulity".
This is the weakness that pervades your arguments.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

Definitely, you are arguing from "personal incredulity".
This is the weakness that pervades your arguments.

Do you have eyes:

Are you trying to convince me that I should take somebody seriously that calls this the "throne of king Gad" from over 2000 years ago that's built with Dangote cement??!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
cheruv:

O bu ihnye merem ji gwabu gi na mbu nam bu nwafo..e sim ovom no ochichi ime ogbe obingwa na steeti Abia.
A bum nwafo amuru n'ala owere..mana otu a m namaghi ngwa asu,I nwere ike i chenam naako Ngwa dika Aleks Oti si Arochukwu mere.
A nulam ihnye I kwuru gbasara Ndi Ngwa na Ndi Nri...m gaetinye ya n'uche maka mbosi ozo.

Onye Ovom anyi? Amafuraa m. Ogwe m nhie Ovom, bu nwaafo Umuobu. O di nma la i nula. Ehi odo, a kamacha uka omelala 'Igbo' akamacha ta i gwere mara la whe OfoIgbo ndi ika abuu l'ezi.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Do you have eyes:

Are you trying to convince me that I should take somebody seriously that calls this the "throne of king Gad" from over 2000 years ago that's built with Dangote cement??!
Why not visit his website http://www.hebrewigbo.com/linguistic.html and see other things he has to say.
That the throne was reconstructed in modern times does not invalidate his claim.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

Why not visit his website http://www.hebrewigbo.com/linguistic.html and see other things he has to say.
That the throne was reconstructed in modern times does not invalidate his claim.

That's even bigger nonsense, he just compared words with similar sounds without any etymological dissection, you can do that with any language, especially when Igbo is related to so many languages in west and west central Africa.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

That's even bigger nonsense, he just compared words with similar sounds without any etymological dissection, you can do that with any language, especially when Igbo is related to so many languages in west and west central Africa.
And the Nigerian coin with the star of David?

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

What about the Nigerian coin? Oh, let me finish your thought please: the British knew about the sacred "Jewish Igbo, sorry, Heegbo (Hebrew)" people and were leaving clandestine messages and hidden illuminati symbolism to taunt them about their great western ancestry and civilisation for a cabalistic and occultic and masonic ritual where they harness the Jewish powers from the oblivious and largely ignorant black Igbos.

Okwi ya?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

What about the Nigerian coin? Oh, let me finish your thought please: the British knew about the sacred "Jewish Igbo, sorry, Heegbo (Hebrew)" people and were leaving clandestine messages and hidden illuminati symbolism to taunt them about their great western ancestry and civilisation for a cabalistic and occultic and masonic ritual where they harness the Jewish powers from the oblivious and largely ignorant black Igbos.

Okwi ya?
And the CNN report?
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

"The use of the hexagram in a Jewish context as a possibly meaningful symbol may occur as early as the 11th century, in the decoration of the carpet page of the famous Tanakh manuscript, the Leningrad Codex dated 1008. Similarly, the symbol illuminates a medieval Tanakh manuscript dated 1307 belonging to Rabbi Yosef bar Yehuda ben Marvas from Toledo, Spain. A Siddur dated 1512 from Prague displays a large hexagram on the cover with the phrase, "He will merit to bestow a bountiful gift on anyone who grasps the Shield of David.""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_David
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

And the CNN report?
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/

Now you're just joking, carry on.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by sdindan: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
pryme:
the "Politics" section on NairaLand now belongs to the Igbos.

this section has lost it credibility
look around
check if u can see a
nearby lagoon and jump in.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Now you're just joking, carry on.
CNN is fraud also?
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Anyway, let's get back to the main point, there's no (direct) link between the Igbo people and Jews and Judaism.
^^Fallacy of personal incredulity
Taken from page 11 of "Among the Igbos of the Nigeria" by G.T. Basden. Printed 1921

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Babatundetinubu: 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
It is a known fact that ........iboes were a canibalistic people prior to the coming of the white man......if not for white colonilisation....,the iboe race would have been wiped out..... wink...by d igalas.......and d superior efiks........ angry.......the book above is proof......page 182 of the same book will show this..... grin

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Babatundetinubu:
It is a known fact that ........iboes were a canibalistic people prior to the coming of the white man......if not for white colonilisation....,the iboe race would have been wiped out..... wink...by d igalas.......and d superior efiks........ angry.......the book above is proof......page 182 of the same book will show this..... grin
^^ This kind of thinking made Lagos a no man's land. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Babatundetinubu: 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
imhotep:

^^ This kind of thinking made Lagos a no man's land. grin grin grin

Read d first line of the book on page 183 it is talking about iboes eating the flesh of their,....... wink...enemies after war..... grin....what a bunch of canibalistic people....l grin
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Babatundetinubu: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
When Biafra comes.......and the North will stop supplying food n u will return to eating ur selfs to survive..... cheesy...we know food cannot grow on ur soil because it is cursed
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ojiofor: 12:14am On Jul 25, 2015
The current king of Nri Kingdom as a direct decedent of Eri,son of Gad should subject himself for DNA text to confirm his Hebrew/Jewish origin grin.Until then I consider Nri Jewish origin and other claims as fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by pazienza(m): 12:43am On Jul 25, 2015
Babatundetinubu:
When Biafra comes.......and the North will stop supplying food n u will return to eating ur selfs to survive..... cheesy...we know food cannot grow on ur soil because it is cursed

Another ignorant Yoruba man. https://www.nairaland.com/1866842/igbos-really-only-historical-cannibals
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by carnegiefan: 2:29am On Jul 25, 2015
hehe ezeagu dey vex seriously for dis thread. Make I come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbos Are Not The Cause Of 1966 Coups Revealed Obasanjo / Ondo: Agboola Ajayi Calls For Resignation Of David Oloyelogun / Fuel Hits N685/litre In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.