Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. (15716 Views)

Buhari Described As A Western Puppet By Russian TV (video) / [see Photos] A Few People Were Actually Injured In The Agbara Robbery Today / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 23, 2015
smiley
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by carnegiefan: 5:48am On Jul 23, 2015
ezeagu:

This is what happens when you try and peg your culture to a completely alien one, you just pointed out generic similarities that are found in many cultures. You're also assuming that Anambra is the nucleus of Igbo culture and have been uninfluenced even though both Benin and Igala have influenced many communities in what we now know as Anambra State. The woman's story I quoted, Ahebi, married women without a husband.

I don't believe in a common Igbo origins anyway. That much is intuitive.
Before I digress too far, the key point of my comment is that precolonial Igbo style marriage served us better than the western one we practice today. In that culture, every woman was accounted for. There was no woman who couldn't find a husband as is the case today.
The only ones who roamed were harlots (as in Jewish culture too).
Like someone said above, there is a weird similarity between Igbo and Hebrew of the olden days.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by OfoIgbo: 6:09am On Jul 23, 2015
ezeagu:

There have been studies, such as linguistics (Hausa is linked closer to Hebrew than Igbo, in fact Hausa is in the same Afro-Asiatic language family as Hebrew, while Igbo is not, Igbo is closer to languages in Congo than it is to anything in the Middle East), culture (there are more than enough cultural coincidences around the world because human nature does not vary that much in the end), and genetic (there are no genes in the Igbo ancestry that shares any ancestry coming from the Middle East). There is no history or Igbo word that described any journey or any place name in Israel. The Aguleri king completely fabricated his history with the help of some random white guy and that's completely deplorable. There's more evidence that the civilisations in the Middle East came from Africa, in fact they did.

Maybe in the areas where they have Ozo na Nze, but in Imo, Abia and Ebonyi (and Ijo, Ibibio and parts of Enugu) the Aro Chukwu oracle was supreme, especially in the 18th to 19th centuries.

Let me start from your last paragraph. In occasions where both the Eze Nri and Eze Aro attended the same events even late last year, the Eze Nri officiated in certain traditional rites, even with Eze Aro being present.

Aro is completely dependent on the Nri-Igbo four market days of Eke, Oye/Orie, Afor, Nkwo and whatever the Eze Aro does, has to fall into one of these market days, so in a way you can really say that ARO LIVES, MOVES AND HAS ITS BEING within the cultural and astronomical cocoon created by the Nris. Btw, the market days are alusis owned and controlled by the Nris.
Any Igbo town with any market bearing the names of those market days were established by Nri priests in those towns in times gone by.
Bfore the advent of the white man, these markets also had shrines bearing the exact name of the marketit is situated in but Christianity has seen to the destruction of those shrines.

Though I have never been to any Aro town, I suspect they have or had these markets and only Nri priest could set up these markets afterall they had copyright on those shrines.
Nomenclatures like NRI BU ISI IGBO and NRI JI OFO are ancient and it is for a reason.

Now dealing with your other point. Even though I am not exactly saying that Igbos are Jews, I believe we have far more in common with Jews than Hausas
1.In the bible, God had a covenant with Abraham that his descendants must be circumcised on the EIGHTH day after their births. Well as I am sure you know, Igbos circumcise their male descendants once two Nri-Igbo market days elapses, which coincidentally is 8 days. I have been told Hausas don't circumcise traditionally so that completely rules them out

2. IKPU ALU which is carried out by Nri priests has a lot in common with the feast of atonement by Jews. In days gone by, when an Igbo person commits an abomination, Nri priest are sought after to lift the abomination and its consequences. Normally a lamb, ram even chicken occasionally will be used. The abomination/sins of the person is transferred to the lamb and the person is considered whole again. This also has a lot in common with the core belief in Christianity LOOK AT THE LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. Now this is a core Nri belief that mirrors what Jews and christians have been doing

3. On two occasions in the UK, black families that are completely Igbo have had offsprings that are completely caucasian. This couldn't have happened unless the ancestors of the parents were at one point, perhaps thousands of years ago, white.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2015
new2020:
Nnamdi Kanu is afterall right. One and only God as clearly seen in the excerpt ... "Tshuku-okeke"or Chukwu Okike Abiama. Very learned man!

Igbos don't feel alone living in a country where your fellow country men hate you with passion and are afraid of your potential. The world knows this even highly placed governments know you have Jewish ancestry and endowed with incredible gift of ingenuity.

"Igbos are wandering Jews of West Africa - gifted, aggressive, westernized, and at best, envied and resented, but mostly despised by their neighbors in the Federation---" (a White House Memo on Biafra January 28, 1969 to President Nixon by Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger) (Source : U.S Foreign Relations Documents Volume 5 , 1969)

Dr. Thomas Sowell, renowned American philosopher in one of his books recognized four highly gifted peoples across the world: The Jews, Germans, Chinese and Igbos.

Give them Biafra and watch them build a civilization never seen before in a black nation.

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2015
I know we have a relationship with Jews/Hebrew but we are not 100% jew, not even 10% but that little percentage was very influential in our ethnic formative years.

Most likely Judaism got infused in our traditional ways.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2015
OfoIgbo:

Let me start from your last paragraph. In occasions where both the Eze Nri and Eze Aro attended the same events even late last year, the Eze Nri officiated in certain traditional rites, even with Eze Aro being present.

Aro is completely dependent on the Nri-Igbo four market days of Eke, Oye/Orie, Afor, Nkwo and whatever the Eze Aro does, has to fall into one of these market days, so in a way you can really say that ARO LIVES, MOVES AND HAS ITS BEING within the cultural and astronomical cocoon created by the Nris. Btw, the market days are alusis owned and controlled by the Nris.
Any Igbo town with any market bearing the names of those market days were established by Nri priests in those towns in times gone by.
Bfore the advent of the white man, these markets also had shrines bearing the exact name of the marketit is situated in but Christianity has seen to the destruction of those shrines.

Though I have never been to any Aro town, I suspect they have or had these markets and only Nri priest could set up these markets afterall they had copyright on those shrines.
Nomenclatures like NRI BU ISI IGBO and NRI JI OFO are ancient and it is for a reason.

There may be hegemony from Nri on certain aspects of what we now know as Igbo culture, there are groups like this in all parts of the world a sort of priestly class, but in the 18th and 19th century the most powerful and revered religious centre was at Arochukwu at a shrine appropriated from the Ibibio. Also the 'Isi Igbo' title is probably something people around that area may say, but most Igbo communities away from there did not make pilgrimages to Nri as their head.

OfoIgbo:
Now dealing with your other point. Even though I am not exactly saying that Igbos are Jews, I believe we have far more in common with Jews than Hausas
1.In the bible, God had a covenant with Abraham that his descendants must be circumcised on the EIGHTH day after their births. Well as I am sure you know, Igbos circumcise their male descendants once two Nri-Igbo market days elapses, which coincidentally is 8 days. I have been told Hausas don't circumcise traditionally so that completely rules them out

[img]http://starling.rinet.ru/maps/maps/Afro-Asiatic.gif[/img]

You can believe you have more in common with Jews than Hausa people, but this is the map of Afro-Asiatic languages, meaning languages that sprang from roughly the same root in Africa and spread out towards the North and into the Middle East. Hausa is in the Chadic group of this family while Hebrew is in the Semitic group (along with Arabic). Coupled with the fact that the Hausa have practiced an Abrahamic religion for hundreds of years, they have more in common with all the cultures in the Middle East than Igbo ever can.

The reason why you're so adamant about being close to Jews is because of your Judeo-Christian leanings because of your colonisation, if the British were Islamised by the Turk would be comparing Nri to Mecca, just like Oduduwa and Bayajidda.

Now on to circumcision, a revelation: eighth day circumcision is also practiced among the Yoruba. And you were told incorrectly about the Hausa, they circumcise boys around age 7, plus Islam requires circumcision.

OfoIgbo:

2. IKPU ALU which is carried out by Nri priests has a lot in common with the feast of atonement by Jews. In days gone by, when an Igbo person commits an abomination, Nri priest are sought after to lift the abomination and its consequences. Normally a lamb, ram even chicken occasionally will be used. The abomination/sins of the person is transferred to the lamb and the person is considered whole again. This also has a lot in common with the core belief in Christianity LOOK AT THE LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. Now this is a core Nri belief that mirrors what Jews and christians have been doing

This is really general, different animals including rams and sheep were used in sacrifice all over the world.

OfoIgbo:

3. On two occasions in the UK, black families that are completely Igbo have had offsprings that are completely caucasian. This couldn't have happened unless the ancestors of the parents were at one point, perhaps thousands of years ago, white.

Their babies were not 'caucasian' they had mild albinism or very fair hair and skin and that didn't change their DNA, just shows general human mutation.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2015
OfoIgbo:

Were are you getting your facts?I live in the north all my life, but i never see or heard of an un-circumcise Hausa man.Hausa also circumcise their boys. And no tribe in Nigeria have any connection with the Jewish.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2015
carnegiefan:

I don't believe in a common Igbo origins anyway. That much is intuitive.
Before I digress too far, the key point of my comment is that precolonial Igbo style marriage served us better than the western one we practice today. In that culture, every woman was accounted for. There was no woman who couldn't find a husband as is the case today.
The only ones who roamed were harlots (as in Jewish culture too).
Like someone said above, there is a weird similarity between Igbo and Hebrew of the olden days.

And what I'm saying is that this idea that all women were either married or were sex workers is nonsense, because I've given you just one example of where both those things weren't true. My point is that people should stop trying to align something so important as their origins to a people that do not care you exist and are even still figuring out their origins themselves. A Jew would never say they come from you and their response to these "Igbo Jews" theory is very passive at most contrasting with the feverish enthusiasm of 'Igbo Jews'. If you're proud of your heritage you will want to find out the truth instead of trying to use your history as a bridge to western Judeo-Christian hegemony.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ArodewilliamsT: 6:59am On Jul 23, 2015
omoelesa:
The only jews that gets deported from israel.yeye

yolomba
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by cheruv: 7:15am On Jul 23, 2015
new2020:
Nnamdi Kanu is afterall right. One and only God as clearly seen in the excerpt ... "Tshuku-okeke"or Chukwu Okike Abiama. Very learned man!

Igbos don't feel alone living in a country where your fellow country men hate you with passion and are afraid of your potential. The world knows this even highly placed governments know you have Jewish ancestry and endowed with incredible gift of ingenuity.

"Igbos are wandering Jews of West Africa - gifted, aggressive, westernized, and at best, envied and resented, but mostly despised by their neighbors in the Federation---" (a White House Memo on Biafra January 28, 1969 to President Nixon by Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger) (Source : U.S Foreign Relations Documents Volume 5 , 1969)

Dr. Thomas Sowell, renowned American philosopher in one of his books recognized four highly gifted peoples across the world: The Jews, Germans, Chinese and Igbos.

Give them Biafra and watch them build a civilization never seen before in a black nation.

Am humbled by the love this Mmoño has for the Great Igbo Nation and I assure you that the Igbos would always stand by the Mmoño anytime any day.
Its no fact that we're seen as Jews.. Olauda Ekweanuo noted that first in his book the life and times of Gustavus Vassa the Afrikan written around 1789.
The other great races viz Chinese, German & Hebrew are and would be great contributors to the civilization Igbos would build.moreover these 3 nations are our allies in our quest for independence.
We the Great Igbo Nation have only one supreme being and he's Chukwu Okike Abiama,who's also called Olisa or Obasi.the other deities viz Kamalu, Ala, Ekwensu, Agwu, Ahiajioku, Ikenga, Idemmili are forces through which Chukwu administers justice on this earth!
For the Glory of the rising Sun!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ezeagu(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Has China, Israel or Germany shown favour to any other dark race before?

cheruv:
Its no fact that we're seen as Jews.

True.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by cheruv: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2015
ezeagu:
Has China, Israel or Germany shown favour to any other dark race before?

True.
These 3 countries would be important contributors to the burgeoning Igbo civilization,believe it or not
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Leopardd(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2015
kessgreen:
why do u people still love deceiving yourselves? do u think the isrealites of today give a hoot about you? go there and u'l discover they will throw u like garbage away. if you doubt it, find out what is happening to Ethipian jews who live there. there are being discriminated upon. yet u stil dey here, all of una go dey talk of one rubbish massob n jew nonsense. oga park well grin cool cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

It may interest u to know that the present day Israelites are not the original Hebrews or Jews as u may put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlrsOcbRwnc

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/hebrewisrael/printpages/phys.html

https://www.nairaland.com/807515/original-hebrews-black-africans-ancient

It has been proven that original Jews were black people.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by disumusa: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2015
omoelesa:
who tell ibos that isrealit are traders? Pls still go and be seaching for your root. grin
omoelesa:
who tell ibos that isrealit are traders? Pls still go and be seaching for your root.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by OfoIgbo: 8:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Ibrahimmrfish:

Were are you getting your facts?I live in the north all my life, but i never see or heard of an un-circumcise Hausa man.Hausa also circumcise their boys. And no tribe in Nigeria have any connection with the Jewish.

My replies have been via a small screen phone with problemz so I findnit incredibly difficult to edit and review my writings before posting.

I meant circumcision on the 8th day. I don't think Hausas practise it. At least so I have been told.

Ezeagu, the european scientists that ran their tests on the kids confirmed there was no trace of albinism.
Secondly, ICHU AJA is totally different from IKPU ALU. During IKPU ALU, the animal is not killed. This is scapegoating like the Jews.

Now getting back to the language thing. One is bound to be influenced by the language patterns of ones neighbours. That doesn't mean one is related to the neighbour. The realities of proximity and the likelihood of interacting with your neighbour over centuries starts to create commonalities, but still that doesn't mean you r related. Intermarriages and cultural mingling may of course bring that relationship.

If you cannot prove to me that there were Intermarriages and cultural mixing between the Hausas and the Jews, then I don't see any reason to believe they r relatdd to the Jews.

I have already told you about the verifiable facts of Eze Nri and Eze Aro attending functions and who then had to perform certain rites.

Btw, Nri people refused to cooperate with Europeans during the slave trade era, as they felt it was immoral. That was why Nri seemingly declined. In fact at some point Eze Nri Enwelana 1 placed a curse on a well known Aro slave merchant known as Okoli Ijoma.
Aro people had no such moral standards to uphold and that was the start of Igbo sabos that are now all over the place.
You see, the Europeans empowered the Aros by giving them guns in exchange for human cargo, thus they chose to betray their Igbo brothers by selling them into slavery, thus amassing more guns with which to intimidate their Igbo brothers.

This same pattern of behaviour persists, which was why we had the Ubah brothers in Anambra who for a while, used their connections with Obasanjo to intimidate Anambra people before the people chased them out and adopted an Igbo-controlled party. We all remember Ukpabi Asika and his reign. Exactly the same pattern. The Okorochas, igwe of Aba e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
@OfoIgbo I hope you know that Nri hegemony is limited to Northern Igbo and parts of Mid western Nigeria? Most Southern Igbos don't know what Nri stands for.
Secondly,how do you know that Nri clans founded market days for other igbos?
I hope you understand that the other Igbo clans in the Anambra valley decided to give Nri the special privilledge of doing the Ikpu ala tradition.
Pls check on history before saying Nri bu isi Igbo!
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2015
As it stands, Igbo is a Niger Congo language which is connected to Yoruba,Edo, Nupe,Fulani, Akan etc. If they absorbed a tiny group of wandering jews in the past that is what we are yet to know.
On the other hand,Hausa is an afro-asaitic language which is connected to Arabic and Hebrew. But i have seen certain articles that reference hausa as a Nilotic language which absorbed afro asiatic language patterns while they were migrating down to Northern Nigeria. It was quite difficult for inguists to tag hausa an afro asiatic language cos they looked entirely different from other afro asiatic speakers.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by disumusa: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
As it stands, Igbo is a Niger Congo language which is connected to Yoruba,Edo, Nupe,Fulani, Akan etc. If they absorbed a tiny group of wandering jews in the past that is what we are yet to know.
On the other hand,Hausa is an afro-asaitic language which is connected to Arabic and Hebrew. But i have seen certain articles that reference hausa as a Nilotic language which absorbed afro asiatic language patterns while they were migrating down to Northern Nigeria. It was quite difficult for inguists to tag hausa an afro asiatic language cos they looked entirely different from other afro asiatic speakers.
if na play pls stop it. Na you go connect with ibo in jesus name or in the name of any gods you worship.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
disumusa:
if na play pls stop it. Na you go connect with ibo in jesus name or in the name of any gods you worship.
^What sort of rubbish is this?
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
They totally look different from the rest,but their DNA have a trace of Y chromosome, showing that,originally they were Asian. I don't think Igbo have any genetic link with Asia.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Ibrahimmrfish:

They totally look different from the rest,but their DNA have a trace of Y chromosome, showing that,originally they were Asian. I don't think Igbo have any genetic link with Asia.
Afro asia doesn't mean asian. It's a language group found in Africa and the middle east. Of course,they like to place Arabia in asia to confuse people.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by OfoIgbo: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
@OfoIgbo I hope you know that Nri hegemony is limited to Northern Igbo and parts of Mid western Nigeria? Most Southern Igbos don't know what Nri stands for.
Secondly,how do you know that Nri clans founded market days for other igbos?
I hope you understand that the other Igbo clans in the Anambra valley decided to give Nri the special privilledge of doing the Ikpu ala tradition.
Pls check on history before saying Nri bu isi Igbo!

let me put it this way
1. If your town has an Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo, that was put jn place before the coming of the white man, then your people had Nri influence back in the days, way before Aro emerged. They own the originating shrines of these market days. FULL STOP
2. If your people took such titles as nze, ozo, duru, mgburu-ichi, then your people habe Nri influence.
3. If your people recognised the Igbo year as celebrated by the Nris wherein years are ushered in, you have Nri influence
4. If our people have an ALU/ARU concept and depend on Nri to lift such abominations, then you have Nri influence

You will notice that most Igbos subscribe at least one or more of the above stipulations. NRI JI OFO.
NRI BU ISI IGBO

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by cheruv: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

^What sort of rubbish is this?
I maghi na o vu onye ara naagaghari agaghari na NL? cheesy
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2015
OfoIgbo:

let me put it this way
1. If your town has an Eke, Orie, Afor or Nkwo, that was put jn place before the coming of the white man, then your people had Nri influence back in the days, way before Aro emerged. They own the originating shrines of these market days. FULL STOP
2. If your people took such titles as nze, ozo, duru, mgburu-ichi, then your people habe Nri influence.
3. If your people recognised the Igbo year as celebrated by the Nris wherein years are ushered in, you have Nri influence
4. If our people have an ALU/ARU concept and depend on Nri to lift such abominations, then you have Nri influence

You will notice that most Igbos subscribe at least one or more of the above stipulations. NRI JI OFO.
NRI BU ISI IGBO
They have none of these. The things you just mentioned is limited to Northern Igbo and markets and shrines were opened without Nri people. Am only saying that this fictitous claim is only a way to assume supremacy over other Igbos. The history of Nri started with their migration into Anambra valley where they met other natives which bestowed on them the right to Ikpu ala and land cleansing.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2015
cheruv:
I maghi na o vu onye ara naagaghari agaghari na NL? cheesy
Odikwa egwu.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ahaz: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Ok. Sorry for ruining your night with this thread. But you could have easily ignored it you know. The numerous Buhari, APC/PDP wars, America and Obama threads are there.
pls leave that bigot alone
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Afro asia doesn't mean asian. It's a language group found in Africa and the middle east. Of course,they like to place Arabia in asia to confuse people.
Guy don't tell me what i already know.Afro Asia group of language cut across Asia and Africa. And have different groups black,yellow and and so on.But that is not what i was talking about. I am talking about DNA testing and what the result shows.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by ahaz: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2015
kessgreen:
why do u people still love deceiving yourselves? do u think the isrealites of today give a hoot about you? go there and u'l discover they will throw u like garbage away. if you doubt it, find out what is happening to Ethipian jews who live there. there are being discriminated upon. yet u stil dey here, all of una go dey talk of one rubbish massob n jew nonsense. oga park well grin cool cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
another product of yaba left talking
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2015
OfoIgbo:

let me put it this way

NRI BU ISI IGBO
The origin of markets and calenders is still highly debatable,you would have said Igbos had no civilization until the rise of Nri people. I would suggest you go to the culture page for more information on Nri/Igbo people.
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by cheruv: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2015
OfoIgbo:

let me put it this way

NRI BU ISI IGBO
As an ukwangwa,I recognize the influence Nri had over Igbo civilization. The Aros were said to have migrated from Nri...and you can't compare a civilization that started in 900AD to one that started in 1690AD.
The Nri were cultural and religious in outlook, while the Aro were political and economic in outlook.
Even though in my opinion the Aros failed to dominate Igbo land(I'd ve been happy if they did), they're one of the tribes of the Igbo nation I respect.
Nri still remains the premiere.. And I've this feeling that the future emperor of Igbo land would be crowned by the EzeNri wink
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2015
Ibrahimmrfish:

Guy don't tell me what i already know.Afro Asia group of language cut across Asia and Africa. And have different groups black,yellow and and so on.But that is not what i was talking about. I am talking about DNA testing and what the result shows.
What is guy? You didn't see the f beside my name? I don't really wish to debate hausa ancestry that is not my business here. I was only referring to the difference between Igbo and Hebrew.
What parts of Asia do they speak Afro asiatic languages?
Re: Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. by Ihuomadinihu: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2015
cheruv:

As an ukwangwa,I recognize the influence Nri had over Igbo civilization. The Aros were said to have migrated from Nri...and you can't compare a civilization that started in 900AD to one that started in 1690AD.
The Nri were cultural and religious in outlook, while the Aro were political and economic in outlook.
Even though in my opinion the Aros failed to dominate Igbo land(I'd ve been happy if they did), they're one of the tribes of the Igbo nation I respect.
Nri still remains the premiere.. And I've this feeling that the future emperor of Igbo land would be crowned by the EzeNri wink
What influences? You do know that Aros don't have a homogenous origin and they used the Ibibio Ibini Ukpabi to influence other people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Needs South-west To Succeed, Says Dickson / Muhammed Kazaure Gudaji: Why Women Shouldn’t Be Given Too Much Power / President Jonathan Decides On Emergency Rule In Borno, Others Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.