Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? (17683 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Check Out My Son @1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by thelish(f): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
olaolaking:
Dear thelish,
Please I beg you in the name of God. Take your son to a psychiatric clinic. I beg you again. Please take him to clinic.
I which my parents knew this in the past. I wouldn't have suffered all the mess.
Your son is not free with you, he is not feeling comfortable in the mist of those who close to him. It is a psychological problem. Please forget about all this people saying everything is ok. Talk to them at the clinic, they will ask so many questions that will make you know that your son is having hormonal problem.
The earlier the better.

I am exactly victim of same condition as your son.
My Dad finally killed me because he scolded me 24/7 because of my attitude. This is an in born and your son is at 80 percent risk of depression.
Take your son to a psychiatric clinic. I beg you again. Please take him to clinic.
cc:thelish
Thanks bro
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by dblaisepascal(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
Boxer007:

Boo Boo ,5 minutes with your annus and I can easily make you turn Gay. Boo Boo are your free this evening and how far are you from Banana Island? Gay men make the best lover
UR JUDGMENT, 14yrs jail term awaits u in Nigeria, highly spirited street guys are patiently waiting to stone u to death immediately u leave khirikhiri ,, d vultures are patiently waiting to feed on ur carcass, strange ants are waiting to feed on ur remains,, as for ur soul, d worse toments in hell, awaits it for eternity..... permit me to say- u look so disgusting....... wasted sperm perhaps
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by SAMBARRY: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Let me call all the other mom's with adolescent children to educate you more based on their experiences with their own kids

tearoses please kindly step forward
EfemenaXY
KanwuliaJara
Ewuro4
Chillisauce
edwife

Oya o.put mouth
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by libertyfather(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Georgekyrian:

Liberty pls make a good inquiry about ur daughter, the friend she roams about with in school,the teacher, ask her, check her to know if she has been assulted/molested sexually in anyway..

Thanks that has been my concern the molested issue, but she says nothing, which I believe nothing is happening and seeing it as some kids tinz...anyway I pray nothing like that happens to her and other kids.....and I keep trying my best checkin on her and pray God do the rest
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by thelish(f): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Ur child is angry at either u or ur husband.. Dats y he doesn't open up or even feel at home in his own house but he's happy wen he's out or in school or away from u guys.. U can tlk to him to kno if he's offended by anything wich I'm sure he is.. And do not spank him, U need to be his best friend... He is definitely smart and a good boy
his withdrawal is mostly when it comes to book work. Maybe its our method of teaching him as well or the things are too hard for him at his age.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by fpeter(f): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

He can bear pains as well. There was a day, the dad mistakenly jam the door against his hand, every other would scream or shout to alert his dad, but my son kept quiet there bearing the pain while his hand was still strapped to d door. I[b]t was so annoying that I had to spank him for keeping quiet. [/b]

you're a sick mother, you're the cause of the boy's problems. I bet he hates you already...if you don't stop torturing that boy
by the time he's 10, he would not only withdraw emotionally from you but from the rest of the world. You need help yourself
I bet your mother raised you in very harsh conditions so now you don't know how to handle your son rather you're reliving your
childhood experiences.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by free37: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nice post.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by FrodoB: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
Please take your child to see a Child psychologist. A family member 's child had similar experience and was eventually placed on medication and the child is better now. The restrictions to our health care doesnot really cater to child psychology but there are a few good doctors out there.

Please try not to spank him, please try and commucicate with him. You are not a bad mother, you are just doing what you think is right.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Boxer007(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
dblaisepascal:
UR JUDGMENT, 14yrs jail term awaits u in Nigeria, highly spirited street guys are patiently waiting to stone u to death immediately u leave khirikhiri ,, d vultures are patiently waiting to feed on ur carcass, strange ants are waiting to feed on ur remains,, as for ur soul, d worse toments in hell, awaits it for eternity..... permit me to say- u look so disgusting....... wasted sperm perhaps

Boo boo don't be a scared little chicken because noody is arresting anybody. I would love to f***k you in the asss and will pay you more if you can make me relaxed, happy and keep me entertained. Boo Boo, do you want my address?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by adedayourt(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:
Please, how can I help my 4 year old son overcome fear?

He seems to be very free outside, but keep to himself at home.

Before his holiday, I went to his school to confront them, because
he couldn't answer a question from his book, but my son fall my hand
right there. He was reading all what he refused to read at home.

Please I need help. He seems to lack self confidence.

I tried to reduce my shouting at him in order to draw him close to myself,
but there is still no improvement yet.

Thanks

I think the bolded is the reason he keeps to himself at home in the 1st place. cus for u to be thoughtful of REDUCING barking at him means u don dey do am no b today. Though its a good place to start from you can also engage him in frequent casual chat even when his topics dont totally interest u, u can giv him best of ur audience. it ll go a long way in breaking him out of "shell u pushed him into"

its a home not a barrack
its a mother son relationship not a captain rukee relationship

Go make ursef the best MUM nd FRIEND ur son cud imagine
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by sennyaca(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
olaolaking:
Dear thelish,
Please I beg you in the name of God. Take your son to a psychiatric clinic. I beg you again. Please take him to clinic.
I which my parents knew this in the past. I wouldn't have suffered all the mess.
Your son is not free with you, he is not feeling comfortable in the mist of those who close to him. It is a psychological problem. Please forget about all this people saying everything is ok. Talk to them at the clinic, they will ask so many questions that will make you know that your son is having hormonal problem.
The earlier the better.
I am exactly victim of same condition as your son.
My Dad finally killed me because he scolded me 24/7 because of my attitude. This is an in born and your son is at 80 percent risk of depression.
Take your son to a psychiatric clinic. I beg you again. Please take him to clinic.

God bless you Bro, you've spoken my mind, the boy may be going through this psychological issues as a result of some trauma which may have occurred earlier to him, a psychological assessment will unveil more about this.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by HDee(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
henryvirus:
my apologies

accepted! grin
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by bodekom92(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Alomo meta, ogidiga meta, olosho pupa meta, fun ojo meta, and your son's problem will be solved.(Na play o)... I don't see this as a serious issue, I grew up that way and I'm doing very fine.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by olaolaking: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

He can bear pains as well. There was a day, the dad mistakenly jam the door against his hand, every other would scream or shout to alert his dad, but my son kept quiet there bearing the pain while his hand was still strapped to d door. It was so annoying that I had to spank him for keeping quiet.

Exactly one of the problems. He is not comfortable around you. During my time, I will never let my parent know what ever things happened to me outside. No matter how, I just take it like that because I was not comfortable with their helps. Can you imagine.

I also want to add that, he will prefer to swallow a lot of cheats from others because he does not want to be heard. He is not comfortable with been heard.

If it is like this, it is hormonal imbalance of the brain. and it is likely to be hereditary..

Please. Don't let this boy suffer the same thing I suffered.

I was browsing with my phone when I stumbled on this. I have to drop everything I was doing to go to the nearest cybercafe.

Please go to Clinic NOW to help this boy

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by thelish(f): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
fpeter:

you're a sick mother, you're the cause of the boy's problems. I bet he hates you already...if you don't stop torturing that boy
by the time he's 10, he would not only withdraw emotionally from you but from the rest of the world. You need help yourself
I bet your mother raised you in very harsh conditions so now you don't know how to handle your son rather you're reliving your
childhood experiences.
I trip for ur quick judgment ooo. not as bad as u tink dear. he doesn't hate me.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Ruq: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thing is kids like this are intelligent, after a while we shut up the part of us that cares. He will grow up to never expect people to love him, I just always expected people to hate me, I don't even know how to react when loved, plus I don't understand when people say their bored, I never get bored of myself. Even up till now no one really understands me, only my junior sis, and I really regret all what I did to her for no reason.

Maam you don't know what you're ruining, in my case I have grown to love the monster they created. Good thing is you want change, I can almost tell you're rarely in a good mood. maybe you dont even like your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Ruq: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:
I trip for ur quick judgment ooo. not as bad as u tink dear. he doesn't hate me.

He will hate you if it continues, I remember always wanting to be on holidays and never going back home.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by fpeter(f): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

no quick judgment here, i have written based on your post.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

He can bear pains as well. There was a day, the dad mistakenly jam the door against his hand, every other would scream or shout to alert his dad, but my son kept quiet there bearing the pain while his hand was still strapped to d door. It was so annoying that I had to spank him for keeping quiet.

Why would you spank a child for being quiet!?!? I'm sorry but you're the problem. I'm reading all the feedback your getting and your responses. Its like your not even comprehending whats being said to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by MRBrownJ: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

kai!!!!! whatever he does, he gets a beating... no wonder the poor chap is scared to be himself.

sadly, i dont blame you because this is probably A) how you were raised or B) how you get rid of all the tension in your life.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by darlenese(f): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
You are the problem , your son is confident but it seems u have no relationship with him. He is kinda confused about u, that's why its important you make a child understand why u are spanking or scolding them, if they do not understand why you are not happy with them it could be a problem, cos they will start withdrawing from u.
Start discussing with him and u will be amazed that he knows more than u ever imagined .

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by writetopoker: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
femi4:
i need deliverance
including ur parents grin
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by donefezy: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
Brandnew2:

STOP SPANKING HIM!

I'm not so fond of telling people what to do but I can tell you the consequences of child abuse.

First off.
He's already withdrawn and afraid to share or voice out his feelings either pain or joy. He trusts his peers more than you cuz they can only do little to hurt him unlike you who always spank him at every opportunity.

Excuse me if I say this but you are only a beast who takes out her frustration on the poor kid.

So you need to STOP SPANKING HIM!

Kids thrive in a conducive environment that is enveloped in love and care and that is what your role as a parent entails. Naturally as a mother, you are supposed to bond with your kids better than the farther whose is supposed to be out there as the bread winner. Instead you have become a cruel police woman.

I'll tell you another reason you need to STOP SPANKING HIM, he might grow up detached from you or even dislike you. He might even start rebelling against you as soon as he's big enough. So you now see why you need to start bonding and become more friendly. Caution him with words and except he's done really done something really bad STOP SPANKING HIM!

thelish:

Brandnew2 you've said it all. He is a boy, when he is grown his heart wil get harden and wouldnt like the mother

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by darlenese(f): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
I feel for this child , he isn't getting any parental love from u and hubby so sad, forget those trash about seeing a psychiatrist jor, u and ur husband should work on yourself and stop hurting that child emotionally , I felt like crying when I read where u said u spanked him for keeping quiet cry I,m a mother just like u but it sad to hear this from u cry

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by femi4: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
writetopoker:

including ur parents grin
Omo ale jatijati......Aja legbe e
Olodo rabata....parents indeed
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:
What child loves a parent who always spanks him for intangible reasons.

Just STOP SPANKING HIM.

#Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by lyman720(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Systematic Desensitization is an exposure therapy that psychology used to help effectively overcome phobias (Fears) and other anxiety disorder. You can google it and read about the 3 steps to follow.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by writetopoker: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
femi4:
Omo ale jatijati......Aja legbe e
Olodo rabata....parents indeed

Idol worshipper, Mumu
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by eby001(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
kinah:
nice one bro.
u hit the nail on d head wella
I hit the nail on the head cause I'm a victim too. Though I loved my mum but we were never on same page, never agree on any issue for once. She likes comparing me with my dad who I barely know before hIs demise....... To make the matter worse my elder sis(who understand me a little) is in far distant place. She will always reminds me that "you can't choose your family else a mad woman does not deserve to give birth to A child, but we can choose who we become"
I'm always withdrawn to my comfort zone(my space). sometimes there is this 'feel good factor' if you hurt, because I always have it that you cannot love me rather it all man for himself.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Lawsimon(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:
he can keep quiet for a 2yrs old boy to bite his forehead. anybody, be it junior, agemate, senior can oppress him n take his thing, he will not talk but will be pained inside of him. The whole thing looks like hereditary to me. But how can I help him speak up when he needs to
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by eby001(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ruq:

He will hate you if it continues, I remember always wanting to be on holidays and never going back home.
Yeah, you re damn right. I remember going on holiday was the best part of my childhood. My mum will have to come calling cause I will lied that resumption is at a later date not beCause I hate going to school, I just want to be away where I can have sleep without fear
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by kinah(f): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
@eby001, we all Av a story to tell one way or d oda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.