Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death (45928 Views)

Nigerians Challenge South African Police Over The Death Of Their Brother (Video) / Nigerian Man Arrested By South African Police Found Dead The Next Day (Graphic) / Saudi Police Beat Nasarawa Pilgrims, Injure One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
seppuku:

They have Wahala!,

Of all the fatality cases of Nigerians and SA relationships, I know they rank at the top

I don't know about that. I think the Nguni people are friendly for the most part. Except some can be very stubborn, arrogant & quarrelsome, namely the Xhosa + the Zulu. The Ndebeles & the Swati people are more laid back than the other two. That's my honest opinion.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Miaraka: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I don't know about that. I think the Nguni people are friendly for the most part. Except some can be very stubborn, arrogant & quarrelsome, namely the Xhosa + the Zulu. The Ndebeles & the Swati people are more laid back than the other two. That's my honest opinion.
I think what you guys are discussing is quite complicated, especially if you factor in the fact that there's a marked difference in the behavior of people who are born and bred in the urban and rural areas whether they be Nguni or Sotho. The ones in the rural areas tend to be well-versed and grounded in the culture of Ubuntu - protocol ( eg. every adult male my father's age is my father and he treats me like his son and my agemates are my brothers and sister, etc), respect for others, sharing whatever you've got with your neighbour, taking one's neighbour as family, community spirit, etc. As for those who grow up in the urban areas, the clever people, they don't know much about our culture and often regard it as backwardness. They're heavily influenced by European and USA culture, including television, movies and Oprah Winfrey and women's liberation. Add to that the fact that the urban areas have their own culture and that each individual has their own experience of life, others grew up on the street, while others lived in broken families but have turned out to be the best, others are angry with society and are unconsciously hitting out. In other words, I suggest that you go to the rural areas, if you want to compare the various tribal groups in my country. There you are likely to find the real Ngunis and Sothos who still adhere to our culture, are calm, peaceful and give each human being the respect they deserve. You might find that Africans are the same, as long as they resist the encroachment of the negative and dangerous culture of the so-called developed countries. One cannot base their conclusion on the few encounters or relationships they've had or what they heard about certain tribal groups.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2015
Miaraka:

I think what you guys are discussing is quite complicated, especially if you factor in the fact that there's a marked difference in the behavior of people who are born and bred in the urban and rural areas whether they be Nguni or Sotho. The ones in the rural areas tend to be well-versed and grounded in the culture of Ubuntu - protocol ( eg. every adult male my father's age is my father and he treats me like his son and my agemates are my brothers and sister, etc), respect for others, sharing whatever you've got with your neighbour, taking one's neighbour as family, community spirit, etc. As for those who grow up in the urban areas, the clever people, they don't know much about our culture and often regard it as backwardness. They're heavily influenced by European and USA culture, including television, movies and Oprah Winfrey and women's liberation. Add to that the fact that the urban areas have their own culture and that each individual has their own experience of life, others grew up on the street, while others lived in broken families but have turned out to be the best, others are angry with society and are unconsciously hitting out. In other words, I suggest that you go to the rural areas, if you want to compare the various tribal groups in my country. There you are likely to find the real Ngunis and Sothos who still adhere to our culture, are calm, peaceful and give each human being the respect they deserve. You might find that Africans are the same, as long as they resist the encroachment of the negative and dangerous culture of the so-called developed countries. One cannot base their conclusion on the few encounters or relationships they've had or what they heard about certain tribal groups.

You're right hence I mentioned that the Nguni people are generally friendly, with exceptions of course. I am Nguni. Xhosa to be exact, so I know how it is. I have been to the rural areas & yes, the difference between people over there & those living in urban areas is quite obvious like you stated. However, imo, they still have similarities in personality that makes them who they are. Example, Xhosa women are very outspoken & bold, whether they live in the rural areas or the townships. You go to Johannesburg, where you find ones from different backgrounds & still people will say, "Abafazi bamaXhosa bandwebile"- meaning, Xhosa women are "forward". I guess what I'm trying to say is, at the core, people from the same tribe are really the same.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by morpheus24: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:

You're right hence I mentioned that the Nguni people are generally friendly, with exceptions of course. I am Nguni. Xhosa to be exact, so I know how it is. I have been to the rural areas & yes, the difference between people over there & those living in urban areas is quite obvious like you stated. However, imo, they still have similarities in personality that makes them who they are. Example, Xhosa women are very outspoken & bold, whether they live in the rural areas or the townships. You go to Johannesburg, where you find ones from different backgrounds & still people will say, "Abafazi bamaXhosa bandwebile"- meaning, Xhosa women are "forward". I guess what I'm trying to say is, at the core, people from the same tribe are really the same.

PunKy, Me and you no fit mix o!

I like the ladies who take care of me like a man and I take of them in return.

We cannot both put leg in the same trouser! lol
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
morpheus24:

LMFAO. Whatever.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by soilsista(f): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
morpheus24:

And then this^^? Clearly I've been gone for too long! Punky wat gaan aan?
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
soilsista:

And then this^^? Clearly I've been gone for too long! Punky wat gaan aan?

Niks, liefie lol. U-skaars these days, busy?
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by soilsista(f): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Niks, liefie lol. U-skaars these days, busy?
No, I do come but as a guest. This place can be too much sometimes
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
soilsista:

No, I do come but as a guest. This place can be too much sometimes

Hahaha. It sure is. The fighting can be tiring sometimes
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by soilsista(f): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hahaha. It sure is. The fighting can be tiring sometimes
Lol you guys don't give up hey!!
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
soilsista:

Lol you guys don't give up hey!!

I stay away from the fights most of the time. Spend most of it at the romance section, less provocation. Too much negativity is not good lol.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by morpheus24: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I stay away from the fights most of the time. Spend most of it at the romance section, less provocation. Too much negativity is not good lol.

See yourself, Wetin you dey do for "romance" section.

Hmmmmmm/
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
morpheus24:

See yourself, Wetin you dey do for "romance" section.

Hmmmmmm/

lol, I'm trying to learn to be the kind of lady you fancy tongue

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
PunkyVeer:

lol, I'm trying to learn to be the kind of lady you fancy tongue

Iro!

Tufiakwa!
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
morpheus24:

Iro!

Tufiakwa!

Kikikiki.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by soilsista(f): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dumelang. Sanibonani. Yeeeeee guys isithukuthezi cry
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by morpheus24: 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
soilsista:
Dumelang. Sanibonani. Yeeeeee guys isithukuthezi cry

My darling Tshwana sister.

How you dey?
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by soilsista(f): 7:21am On Jul 30, 2015
morpheus24:

My darling Tshwana sister.

How you dey?
Hey Morphy. I'm fine, thanks. You?

I see you're still misbehaving...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Escapes From Ritualists In Warri After 9 Other Victims Were Killed (Video) / Cultists In Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Kill 4 Students (Graphic) / John William King Executed In Texas For Death Of James Byrd Jr, Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.