Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. (6356 Views)

Picture Of Floaded Labora Palms Bay Estate Community Behinde Abijon GRA Lagos / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Is Owerri Inner Streets The Most Serene, Clean And Most Beautifull In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
THE RUINS OF LORD LUGGARD'S HOUSE.

2 Likes

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
jaymichael:
Believe or not, Tarkwa bay was once Nigeria's seat of power, well somewhat. Our colonial masters administer the country from the Island. Their Houses and challets are all over the village many of which are still in excellent condition .
Even our past leaders in up till the military era have their challets there. Yakubu Gowon challet, is still there, (so I heard )
The ruins of Lord luggard house is still standing in the compound that houses the lighthouse.
The compound is used as NPA quarters. I will post that pictures later.
1. and 2. The old rail track that leads directly to the beach from the village.
3. Ship leaving Lagos harbour to the open sea, captured from the breakwater (rocks)
4. Eko Atlantic captured from Tarkwa bay.
It's one of the places that Nzeogwu and co met to plan the January 15 1966 coup d'état.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by babadem2much(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
Takwa bay beach is a place to be but ashewo n bad guy yapa dia dont know of now.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

It's one of the places that Nzeogwu and co met to plan the January 15 1966 coup d'état.
Our appreciation of history and historical landmarks in Nigeria is dead. I propose the Government makes the study of Nigerian history and geography compulsory from primary to the tertiary level.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
babadem2much:
Takwa bay beach is a place to be but ashewo n bad guy yapa dia dont know of now.
True, used to but it's better now. The Military came to burst them some years back.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
jaymichael:
Our appreciation of history and historical landmarks in Nigeria is dead. I propose the Government makes the study of Nigerian history and geography compulsory from primary to the tertiary level.
Yes. Like Bob Marley says, if you know your history, you will know where you are coming from.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Santi222(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice one, Jay....
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Santi222(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice one, Jay.... I don't know Lagos well, but I have friends in Mafoluku.... how do I get to tarkwa bay from there?
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by porshuch: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Santi222:
Nice one, Jay.... I don't know Lagos well, but I have friends in Mafoluku.... how do I get to tarkwa bay from there?
mafoluku dey around oshodi abi? Enter bus wey dey go apapa coconut from osohodi, then stop at Liverpool bustop, you will canoe and speed boats wey dey go to takwar bay island and sea school. Pls carry your personal life jacket o, because the one wey them go give you for boat na nonsense.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by homerac7: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2016
Santi222:

Or you go to Oshodi under bridhe, enter BRT to CMS. At CMS, enter boat to Tarkwa Bay.

1 Like

Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by jaymichael(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Santi222:
Just get a BRT bus from Oshodi under bridge to CMS, from the jetty, board a boat to Tarkwa bay beach.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by Santi222(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2016
porshuch:
mafoluku dey around oshodi abi? Enter bus wey dey go apapa coconut from osohodi, then stop at Liverpool bustop, you will canoe and speed boats wey dey go to takwar bay island and sea school. Pls carry your personal life jacket o, because the one wey them go give you for boat na nonsense.
merci
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by tiwiz9(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2017
I am planning to go to tarkwa bay beach next Saturday with a group, can anyone give me details as to the financial implications of
1. ferry from cms
2. gate fee
3. other miscellaneous expenses such as chairs, tables, huts and drinks
will really appreciate
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by VulgarVulvas: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2017
It would have made an excellent location for a maximum prison or at best a leper colony.

Total waste of space if you ask me.
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by tiwiz9(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
VulgarVulvas:
It would have made an excellent location for a maximum prison or at best a leper colony.

Total waste of space if you ask me.
when last didbyou visit there bro, plus what is the experience like?
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by somehow: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
When I was there, boat per person was #350 but if you guys are going in group, per head likely to fall to #300 or less. Buy your meal, goods and whatver, take them along. When you get to the beach, you pay like #200-#500 per head.

Bunk/hut is like #500+#1500.

Everything else is free.

You can also pay some of the locals to watch over your bunk/hut when you all decide to go swimming/play volleyball.
tiwiz9:
I am planning to go to tarkwa bay beach next Saturday with a group, can anyone give me details as to the financial implications of
1. ferry from cms
2. gate fee
3. other miscellaneous expenses such as chairs, tables, huts and drinks
will really appreciate
Re: Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. by sticalmary: 5:41am On Oct 13, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria And Core National Values / Those Wasting Their Money Building Houses Are F00ls, / Nigeria @ 63 Years: Historical Perspective And Future Prospects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.