Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success (38876 Views)

Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by RentedReality(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

The question is, the capacity has been there for over two years, why was there no gas to power the generating station despite massive govt's loan?

The problem with gas is that the producers will rather sell outside as they have a better return on production costs. Also, infrastructure is an issue. Pipelines have to be built to connect the gas plants with the power stations. A couple are being built.

The costs involved are massive, even for private investors. It will take time but the foundation has been laid.
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Truckpusher(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2015
kings09:
nawa oo. Musst u insult b4 u express ur opinion. Ur parents nid to do revision on ur moral upbringing cos u r nt fit 4 a civilized society.
Where is the insult in that post? Well, I think your parents should be tried in court for birthing a dolt like you.

Vowel nigglet isn't an insult but just stating what you are.
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by anwo247: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Hehehehehe; except F9 in now regarded as success.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Jesusloveyou: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I deal on facts not religious or tribal sentiments like you...Let me show where to find bigots who are bereft of critical reasoning... and I know being from Oyo state, consider yourself part of these bigots wink

The South-West zone has 14,296,163 registered voters, which represents 19.44% of the total number of voters nationwide. In terms of national electoral strength, the
zone is number 2. Taking into account the electoral behaviour of the South-West since independence, the zone has proven itself, without exception, of incapable of
voting anyone other than its own

In the 1st Republic, it voted mainly Action Group in favour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo with about 69% voters’ turnout.
In the 2nd Republic, it voted 78.75% of its total votes cast for UPN in favour of Chief Awolowo, with 70% voters’
turnout. In the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the pattern was repeated more or less the same, except that the total percentage of SDP’s votes in favour of Chief MKO Abiola rose up to 84.5% in the zone.

In the 1999 presidential election, mainly because the only two candidates for the presidency were both from the South-West, the zone’s voters’ turnout was abysmally low (48.09%) with about 68% of the votes cast to APP in
favour of Chief Olu Falaye.

2003 also recorded poor voters’ turnout with 71% of
votes cast for Obasanjo’s PDP. In 2011, with no Southwestern candidate fielded by any of the major parties, the South-West voted PDP when a functional alliance with the CPC failed to field in Sen. Tinubu or his nominee. Besides, with the vicious experience of AD
in 2003 when the PDP Federal Government uprooted its governments in five states of the zone, the South-West cannot now afford to risk having an opposition PDP
government at the federal level again; certainly not after the hard pains and toils of forming the APC. It is therefore existential for the South-West to vote APC at the presidential election.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/50349-2015-presidential-election-how-and-why-pdp-will-lose

Add 2015 elections too...I trade on facts...if you wanna look for bigots, visit a mirror bro wink cheesy
after dis ur long nonsense, what did u gain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2015
abiambo:
U mustn't bring odas down or down play oda ppls success to feel successful.. u guys dat aren't feeling frustrated by d monster Dullard u ve created, do well to stop insulting GEJ...
AM SURE IF GEJ IS AROUND UR VILLAGE, UR FATHER EVEN UR VILLAGE KING WILL SHAKE HIM WITH 2 HANDS WHILE BOWING THEIR HEADS .
GEJ was a disaster. deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2015
MizMyColi:

And installed the scam that you call "Change"?

More jokes on you, Wankkergrin
hang yourself. You're all losers! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by MizMyColi(f): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

hang yourself. You're all losers! grin grin grin

Emancipate yourself, you are all Whimperers!grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by abiambo(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2015
Really I thought u were smart
PassingShot:

GEJ was a disaster. deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Mark4reel: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:
4. Serious Undergoing Efforts to Recover Our Stolen Money: FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
Before now, the mantra was "stealing is not corruption". Now it is "Stealing Is Now Corruption" and all treasury looters have started feeling the heat.

Apart from efforts being made locally in this regard, it was the other major reason the president was invited to USA. Despite what the wailers will have us believe, PMB himself has recently said that he has received from USA, some documents that will assist Nigeria in tracking and recovering our stolen money from the looters. Read it here please http://www.punchng.com/news/us-gave-buhari-names-of-oil-thieves-source/ .

Similar efforts are being coordinated with UK, Switzerland, France and others. Read here also http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-traces-looted-funds-to-uk-switzerland-others/

Is it not then an absurdity to read many wailers shouting blue murder whenever we read that EFCC or DSS invites some treasury thieves for questioning? It is absurd because every sane person knows that PMB/VPYO campaigned on the three main cardinal points of ending insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy. So, if he fails to go after those who have stolen their future and that of their unborn generations, will the president be deemed successful in his campaign promise?

5. Refineries now Working:
I know many including some PMB supporters will be quick to point me to the president statement that he didn't do anything to make the refineries work. That is another sterling quality of the president but wait, I have some pertinent questions for you.

* Did NNPC/GEJ not tell us in Feb 2015 that N99bn was needed by Nigerian engineers to fix the refineries or not as contained here? http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

* Did NNPC and GEJ's team not tell us in March of this year that $550 million was needed to fix the refinery or not? give us as contained here? http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

* On March 6, 2015 (before the election), did GEJ/NNPC not tell us that refineries will not work before 2016 or not? http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

There is no report anywhere that any of the requested sums was paid by the FG to NNPC, yet the refineries have started working!

The fact remains that, had GEJ won the election, the refineries would not have worked, even in 2016. We traveled that deceitful routes with jonathan many times before.

The fact that PMB is known to be on a mission on corruption; with NNPC the number one priority, is what has made NNPC to quickly put its acts together and bring the refineries on board.

Btw, I already did a comprehensive thread on this here https://www.nairaland.com/2392387/buhari-not-jonathan-responsible-refineries

6. Improved Electricity:
Only the bigots will deny the fact that electricity has improved compared to GEJ's era. The miracle we're witnessing here is similar to what is happening with refineries. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has continued to achieve one peak or the other since the coming of PMB. Is it another coincidence? No, it is not.

Through FG's efforts, there have been improvement in gas supply to the generating stations. These generating stations have been there since GEJ's era, how come they couldn't get gas supply despite government granting suppliers various loans? The answer is that the suppliers and some PHCN big wigs connive to elope with the loans while keeping Nigerians in darkness. But with a new Sheriff in town, they dare not try the same nonsense. End of story. https://www.nairaland.com/2487750/again-tcn-records-new-power#36402389

7. Nigeria Image Boosted:
I don't think I need to say much here as comments from notable citizens and international figures are a testament to this fact. Even, PDP has been somehow forced to eat the humble pie when they declared that "Buhari is the only clean man in APC". To many of us, this is a huge difference between the two parties. After all, PMB/VPYO are the representatives of the change we fought for.

To attempt to put things into perspective, take a good look at the Nigeria PMB inherited from the Otuoke man.

God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Patriotic Nigerians
God Bless PMB/VPYO
God Bless Nigeria
Please help us prove to tanoids that pmb is working and very very soon Nigeria will begin to work again maybe they need jigibola to see what pmb is doing
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2015
MizMyColi:

Emancipate yourself, you are all Whimperers!grin
We won the election and we're therefore very happy. It's losers that wail endlessly.

Enter lagoon if you like, the Otuoke man or anyone with similar fish brain will not rule Nigeria anymore. #NeverAgain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Heluwajohnson(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=ionsman post=36444392]
A matured guy can't put up this jargon you call a post.
Don't you have respect for your elders?[/quote 9ce write UP sir
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Isuata: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2015
@OP

after getting to the final page (11) i still agree your post is on point as 'the other side view"

still think you might wanna review the "indisputable Success" thing

there's a strong opinion that believes because Ministers have not been appointed that direction ad controls dont exist within the ministries: its not so; there's a structure of Ps's, Directors etc who run the ministries when theres's a minister or not

@Forum and Thread MODS

Please talk to your technical teams to provide self-service threads that would allow users create threads and pick a list of users that can comment on the thread while the rest can view, this is possible and doesnt exist on other forums. It will increase forum debates like @passingshot is calling for and also remove the numerous weeds of insult trying to overshadow good un-biased points of free people- just a workable thought. Give your tech heads the framework, iam confident they can churn it out.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by MizMyColi(f): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

We won the election and we're therefore very happy. It's losers that wail endlessly.

Enter lagoon if you like, the Otuoke man or anyone with similar fish brain will not rule Nigeria anymore. #NeverAgain.

Winning is just a step in the sands of time.
Defending your title is another herculean task you must now undertake.

Brace up for more misery!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
Where is the insult in that post? Well, I think your parents should be tried in court for birthing a dolt like you.

angry angry angry cry sad sad
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by kings09(m): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2015
Truckpusher:

hahahahaha. U r truly living up to ur name 'truck pusher'. Bt pls dnt give ur children d upbringn of a truck pusher cos it ll constitute future disaster. My candid advice.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Isuata:
@OP

after getting to the final page (11) i still agree your post is on point as 'the other side view"

still think you might wanna review the "indisputable Success" thing

there's a strong opinion that believes because Ministers have not been appointed that direction ad controls dont exist within the ministries: its not so; there's a structure of Ps's, Directors etc who run the ministries when theres's a minister or not

@Forum and Thread MODS

Please talk to your technical teams to provide self-service threads that would allow users create threads and pick a list of users that can comment on the thread while the rest can view, this is possible and doesnt exist on other forums. It will increase forum debates like @passingshot is calling for and also remove the numerous weeds of insult trying to overshadow good un-biased points of free people- just a workable thought. Give your tech heads the framework, iam confident they can churn it out.
Thanks. I appreciate your feedback and opinion. I saw your earlier mention of me but I was busy then.

I may not be able to edit the topic anymore as it's on FP already. As you noted, some of what I call success are work in progress but they are good signs. Calling them success in the wake of two months presidency is just because some unpatriotic wailers see failure where there is none. Patriotic citizens however prefer to see the cup half filled rather than half empty.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by pifoy123: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
All Uncle Bubu wanted was to sleep in Aso Rock but it is unfortunate that his sai chanting madmen and women don't just see it. grin

Menh! Bubu deserve to be beaten to death with a sledge hammer - I hate saying things I can't deliver but how a 75 yr old man chooses that path surprises me all the time .

Passingshit, when are we going to be free from your shiity thread in this section?
pls shot up if u av nt reasonable to say. tell pple with provable argument talk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Heluwajohnson(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I said it, I said he will create a thread to defend Buhari and it happened, I must be a prophet!... I knew PassingShot was coming with a counter after the blow you zombies received from barcanista. Eiyaa...No wonder they attack barca, and leave the message being passed across.

Anyway... Since Presidiot Buhari took over;

1. Bokoharam attacks has skyrocketed since the present administration took over, I don't know why Buhari don't want to tackle them head on, maybe because he's sympathetic to their ideology. Do you remember these famous declarations.
* "An attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north"
* "I will continue to support the spread of Sharia throughout Nigeria".
The above statements were all made by Buhari.

2. The Naira's value has greatly plummeted, The Naira is being exchanged for #245 to a Dollar at present. But Buhari said he will make a Naira equal to a Dollar. grin grin
**waiting**

3. We have become a laughing stock in the comity of nations because of the senile man running the affairs of the country, Imagine a president creating a new country of 'West Germany', A president who doesn't know the meaning of "inclusive development", A president who doesn't know the meaning of his party. (disregard the OP's seventh point, It's all hogwash)

4. The Liar OP still went ahead to credit the working of the refineries to Buhari, even after the man has denied it. That's to tell you the kind of propagandists that are found in APC.

5. He said power supply has improved, Yes, that is right. Now help me ask him which power plant Buhari built since he took over in may, Has he appointed a Power minister?... No!. Has Buhari drafted and implemented any power reform...No!. Besides, we are in the rainy season and the water level in the dams are high, This will naturally result to an increase in power supply. As a matter of fact, the improved power supply is as a result of the past administration's power reforms. PassingShot is a pathetic liar, believe him at your own peril.

6. Since Buhari came on board, It's been further Northernization of the country through his appointments and actions. There's no need to talk much on this, It's glaring even to the zombies.

7. The present government has turned governance to a joke, Like I said before, It's now a PHOTOCRACY not a DEMOCRACY.

Bonus: He said foreign reserves has increased, Yes, Why won't it increase??...Buhari has not embarked on anything tangible like capital projects, contracts, etc. So it's bound to increase.

I'm not a fan of writing long epistles like Gbawe, so I'll halt here. Over to the wanking Zombies.
Hello DADDY if u wana criticize, u criticize with SENSE "OPOLO" wat u just posted postrays someone with a fish HEAD,but something inside keeps telln mhi ur a GENUIS ur hiding this unique talent sir!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by KevinDein: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
chai but you Jonathan fans can wail sha.... Lol. I mean these guys wail 24/7. how does one survive such situation?
whenever I wanna have a good laugh I just go into the politics section to read the wailings.
hilarious wailing wailers

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by saintandsinnerz: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
3. Modest Success Against the BH Terrorists:
While it will be unpatriotic to claim a satisfactory success in this regard, it will amount to an act of insincerity to fail to acknowledge that the NA have now taken the fight to the terrorists in recent weeks. The fact that BH group now results to suicide bombing is a clear sign of desperation and frustration from a group facing impending defeat. When Boko Haram was very potent, they sacked many military barracks, controlled many local governments and were always ready to face the army in a battle. The situation has completely changed and the terrorists are now on the run.

Read some of the successful operations against the BH here https://www.nairaland.com/2490229/nigerian-army-conducts-successful-raid and here https://www.nairaland.com/2484987/nigerian-military-rescues-22-children.

Contrary to the wicked lies being peddled by the wailers, there was never a time PMB promised to end BH insurgency in two months. The first time the lie was reported was during the last electioneering campaign and APC almost immediately refuted the report. Again, when he was interviewed by Amanpour as a president elect and was asked a related question, he said "in few months" and not "two months". Read here http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/didnt-promise-end-insurgency-two-months-buhari/
[/quote]
You are an idiot to make this useless and senseless statement. Are you this insensitive? Just because of your stupiiid penchant to defend your a political party you are spewing this rubbish. He has recorded modest success in the fight again the Boko Haram and yet everyday hundreds of innocent Nigerians are being murdered in cold blood and all you could do is to open a useless thread to score cheap political point! Man you are terrible human being without any iota of morals. May God have mercy on u

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by SirShymexx: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Lmao!! Utter nonsense! grin

More like two months of moving like a snail, with one gaffe after the other, and the domination of the country by one section of the country via utter nepotism. The guy hasn't even chosen his team - so how can you even say he has done anything of note, when he hasn't presented/implemented a blueprint of what he wants to do?

You lot just love living in denial and it's a pity that folks like you, Passingphaggot, are meant to be the future of that country. The future is definitely bleak if you and ya ilk are what Nigeria has to offer to find its place amongst the committee of nations.

Leave the crumbs alone and fight for ya collective destiny. And even if you admire/adore an individual, you can still critique him, unless you have sold ya soul for a plate of porridge.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by predatorX: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
still remember as at last year when boko haram was so organised that they could even acquire heavy armoured tanks, troop carriers and artillery guns, while our ever "gallant" military ranks were busy, tactically maneuvering across border, into Cameroun at the first sniffing of the haramites odour. Yet the top brass were having a field day with corruption, looting the Army dry. Not a single equipment was purchased by the Army during the six locust years of the Otuekean's administration. Rather, the Nigerian Army became estate Surveyors and Property consultants.

when did the army start building 5-star estates like the "Kenneth Minimah Estate at Airport bus stop, Ikeja"?

Imagine converting the Nigerian Army's Mechanized Division's mechanic workshop to an estate, only God knows how much was the contract and if they did not award it to themselves. After that has been done, then we are expecting the army to defeat Boko haram. Where would they repair their machines and Automobiles??

Minimah an Ijaw man, GEJ an Otuekean Ijaw, Deziani an Ijaw woman.

all Greedy Ijaw thieves awarding contracts to themselves.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by DMerciful(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
You are not God, watch it. Even El Rufai said PMB is perpetually unelectable. You know d rest. Never play God.
PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
DMerciful:
You are not God, watch it. Even El Rufai said PMB is perpetually unelectable. You know d rest. Never play God.
What has playing God got to do with this? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
SirShymexx:

More like two months of moving like a snail, with one gaffe after the other, and the domination of the country by one section of the country via utter nepotism. The guy hasn't even chosen his team - so how can you even say he has done anything of note, when he hasn't presented/implemented a blueprint of what he wants to do?

You lot just love living in denial and it's a pity that folks like you, Passingphaggot, are meant to be the future of that country. The future is definitely bleak if you and ya ilk are what Nigeria has to offer to find its place amongst the committee of nations.

Leave the crumbs alone and fight for ya collective destiny. And even if you admire/adore an individual, you can still critique him, unless you have sold ya soul for a plate of porridge.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by 989900: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
These are early days.

You can either see the glass as half- full, half-empty, or a little more space to add more vodka.

However, anyone keeping an open mind can decipher the sincerity and determination of this new administration to drive us in the right direction.

Accountability is in the air.

The past administration was sure leading us on the path to hell -- it actually led us to the 'gates of hell' (I'm not quoting any clergy o).

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by 989900: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Reserves:

Well that grew even before the banned items=expect better news on that front next week, when the score cards for July are done.

Boko:

The MNJTF commences an all out multi dimensional campaign any momrnt from now . . . give them 2 months. There is surely a better structure now in terms of co-operation between affected countries, and also western assistance.

Better funding, utilization and accountability. We heard of majors and colonels who've become millionaires in dollars -- not to mention the generals.

We also learnt of how previous administrations (not only GEJ's) allowed the systematic demise of the Nigerian Armed forces.
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:
4. Serious Undergoing Efforts to Recover Our Stolen Money: FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
Before now, the mantra was "stealing is not corruption". Now it is "Stealing Is Now Corruption" and allsury looters have started feeling the heat.

Apart from efforts being made locally in this regard, it was the other major reason the president was invited to USA. Despite what the wailers will have us believe, PMB himself has recently said that he has received from USA, some documents that will assist Nigeria in tracking and recovering our stolen money from the looters. Read it here please http://www.punchng.com/news/us-gave-buhari-names-of-oil-thieves-source/ .

Similar efforts are being coordinated with UK, Switzerland, France and others. Read here also http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-traces-looted-funds-to-uk-switzerland-others/

Is it not then an absurdity to read many wailers shouting blue murder whenever we read that EFCC or DSS invites some treasury thieves for questioning? It is absurd because every sane person knows that PMB/VPYO campaigned on the three main cardinal points of ending insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy. So, if he fails to go after those who have stolen their future and that of their unborn generations, will the president be deemed successful in his campaign promise?

5. Refineries now Working:
I know many including some PMB supporters will be quick to point me to the president statement that he didn't do anything to make the refineries work. That is another sterling quality of the president but wait, I have some pertinent questions for you.

* Did NNPC/GEJ not tell us in Feb 2015 that N99bn was needed by Nigerian engineers to fix the refineries or not as contained here? http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

* Did NNPC and GEJ's team not tell us in March of this year that $550 million was needed to fix the refinery or not? give us as contained here? http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

* On March 6, 2015 (before the election), did GEJ/NNPC not tell us that refineries will not work before 2016 or not? http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

There is no report anywhere that any of the requested sums was paid by the FG to NNPC, yet the refineries have started working!

The fact remains that, had GEJ won the election, the refineries would not have worked, even in 2016. We traveled that deceitful routes with jonathan many times before.

The fact that PMB is known to be on a mission on corruption; with NNPC the number one priority, is what has made NNPC to quickly put its acts together and bring the refineries on board.

Btw, I already did a comprehensive thread on this here https://www.nairaland.com/2392387/buhari-not-jonathan-responsible-refineries

6. Improved Electricity:
Only the bigots will deny the fact that electricity has improved compared to GEJ's era. The miracle we're witnessing here is similar to what is happening with refineries. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has continued to achieve one peak or the other since the coming of PMB. Is it another coincidence? No, it is not.

Through FG's efforts, there have been improvement in gas supply to the generating stations. These generating stations have been there since GEJ's era, how come they couldn't get gas supply despite government granting suppliers various loans? The answer is that the suppliers and some PHCN big wigs connive to elope with the loans while keeping Nigerians in darkness. But with a new Sheriff in town, they dare not try the same nonsense. End of story. https://www.nairaland.com/2487750/again-tcn-records-new-power#36402389

7. Nigeria Image Boosted:
I don't think I need to say much here as comments from notable citizens and international figures are a testament to this fact. Even, PDP has been somehow forced to eat the humble pie when they declared that "Buhari is the only clean man in APC". To many of us, this is a huge difference between the two parties. After all, PMB/VPYO are the representatives of the change we fought for.

To attempt to put things into perspective, take a good look at the Nigeria PMB inherited from the Otuoke man.

God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Patriotic Nigerians
God Bless PMB/VPYO
God Bless Nigeria

Only a drop of common sense would have changed your life for the better, but sadly you lack a reasonable amount of it...receive common sense in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by 989900: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
Refinery:

I actually posted this yesterday:

1. The past administration's goal was not to get the refineries working.

2. According to Diezani, they were better sold off.

3. The 4 refineries needed just N99b (after as usual), but the past administration would rather spend trillions on importation of refined products, waste billions on flights and similar sorry things, while our refineries were purposefully left at averagely less than 15-20% functional capacity for years!

4. The non-working refineries meant merry business times for beneficiaries of it's near demise. From oil-swap frauds to subsidy fraud, while the rest of us bear the brunt -- from severe fuel scarcity, to drain on Forex, in effect, strangling of the Naira resulting in hyper-inflation, and ultimately impoverishment of the people.

5. The extent of GEJ's complicity is less known (at least to me).

6. The past admin would not have taken the TAM serious, nor initiate it's commencement in Oct. 2014, if the elections weren't coming up in Feb.2015 (see it's approach to Boko Haram in the build up to the elections for comparison).

7. If the past admin retained the presidency, it would have been business as usual and more of the same.
Even the earlier proposed completion date by NNPC (April, 2016), would have been nothing but some pipe dream, in lieu of this earlier completion dates -- cause 'there's a new Sheriff in town'.

8. Contrary to some comments on here, it is actually possible to complete a TAM in 30-60 days or thereabout! TAM took roughly 100 days or thereabout at the Warri refinery in 2000, even though a sizeable portion of it was also affected by fire!

9. Most of the parts needed for the TAM for the PH refinery have actually been sitting locked up in containers at the Onne port for months before now!

10. All the enumerated above are 'facts' carefully researched, vetted, and stated without any sentiment. If you do have any contrary opinion, kindly state it with facts, and not your personal opinion. #welearneveryday

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by predatorX: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
SirShymexx:

"...........................And even if you admire/adore an individual, you can still critique him, unless you have sold ya soul for a plate of porridge"

To put your analysis in a clearer perspective.............you mean like a particular region of Nigeria sold their souls and mortgaged the future of their unborn generation in the last general elections just for a promise of a SECOND NIGER BRIDGE. And to think of the selfish/petty admiration or is it adoration that that particular region had for an internationally acclaimed failure such as the Otuekean was so distasteful to the imagination. We would rather put up with mediocrity than stand for performance based on merit.

Not until when we all start putting on tattered clothes before we get a psyche evaluation. Had we continued another 4years of the Otuekean, then i'm afraid psychiatrists would be having a field day with the masses.

i for one wouldn't wanna see another frame of Mama Peace as 1st Lady, on my LED.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by mescapee: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I said it, I said he will create a thread to defend Buhari and it happened, I must be a prophet!... I knew PassingShot was coming with a counter after the blow you zombies received from barcanista. Eiyaa...No wonder they attack barca, and leave the message being passed across.

Anyway... Since Presidiot Buhari took over;

1. Bokoharam attacks has skyrocketed since the present administration took over, I don't know why Buhari don't want to tackle them head on, maybe because he's sympathetic to their ideology. Do you remember these famous declarations.
* "An attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north"
* "I will continue to support the spread of Sharia throughout Nigeria".
The above statements were all made by Buhari.

2. The Naira's value has greatly plummeted, The Naira is being exchanged for #245 to a Dollar at present. But Buhari said he will make a Naira equal to a Dollar. grin grin
**waiting**

3. We have become a laughing stock in the comity of nations because of the senile man running the affairs of the country, Imagine a president creating a new country of 'West Germany', A president who doesn't know the meaning of "inclusive development", A president who doesn't know the meaning of his party. (disregard the OP's seventh point, It's all hogwash)

4. The Liar OP still went ahead to credit the working of the refineries to Buhari, even after the man has denied it. That's to tell you the kind of propagandists that are found in APC.

5. He said power supply has improved, Yes, that is right. Now help me ask him which power plant Buhari built since he took over in may, Has he appointed a Power minister?... No!. Has Buhari drafted and implemented any power reform...No!. Besides, we are in the rainy season and the water level in the dams are high, This will naturally result to an increase in power supply. As a matter of fact, the improved power supply is as a result of the past administration's power reforms. PassingShot is a pathetic liar, believe him at your own peril.

6. Since Buhari came on board, It's been further Northernization of the country through his appointments and actions. There's no need to talk much on this, It's glaring even to the zombies.

7. The present government has turned governance to a joke, Like I said before, It's now a PHOTOCRACY not a DEMOCRACY.

Bonus: He said foreign reserves has increased, Yes, Why won't it increase??...Buhari has not embarked on anything tangible like capital projects, contracts, etc. So it's bound to increase.

I'm not a fan of writing long epistles like Gbawe, so I'll halt here. Over to the wanking Zombies.

Nice response

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by babajero(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
abagoro:

Actually Naira appreciated in June. The tremendous loss in value happened under Jonathan but could have been worse now if not for Buhari.

http://www.cenbank.org/rates/exrate.asp?year=2015&month=6
yes it started in gej term but went drastic under buhari and still worstening.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Top Ten Things That Will Happen When Nigeria Is Restructured / Harrysong Addresses Cows As "Sirs", "Senior Citizens Of Nigeria'' (Video) / Like Obasanjo Like Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.