Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success (38851 Views)

Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Rilwayne001: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
jcross19:
how much he paid you oooh for all these , I know if you have a job you will not have time for all these, tell him to appoint you as an adviser on internet matters. You better look for a better thing doing before you wasted your time for buhari that does not know you exist. Die hard fans of apc and pdp every where you go.

Smh. Had it been a post that denigrate Buhari, you wouldn't have typed the nonsense you typed above o.

Truth is just too bitter for some people.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by stuff46(m): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Sorry to be on your mention
MizMyColi:
lipsrsealedembarassed

We told you people that any promise of change without transformation is a cosmetic one. Do you see it playing out before your very eyes?

But i really love this

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by anonimi: 7:23am On Jul 31, 2015
DrLee:
You could have listed NORTHERN APPOINTMENTS as one of them na undecided

The mentality of an irredeemable SLAVE is so easy to decipher bro. When they finally give him freedom from his slavery he will be reluctant to even accept it. shocked

Before the election =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026900_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

After the election =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595897_pmbappointmentsofar_jpegae2b0416b4af3fbde5680d20f4407172

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by slap1(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2015
chukwudi44:
Modest success against boko haram indeed!!! Some people surely have no shame
Nor do they have a heart of human.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2015
MuhdG:
Shameless people.

The Main Problem with Nigeria apart From Corruption and Insecurity is Biafrans and Tanoids.

SMH. everybody else her is criticizing constructively but you come with insults. this early morning.
Did you have a nightmare??

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by drss(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2015
vickylala239:

I expected an unbias post!!!

it is so obvious that ur rather supporting than saying the truth.

Why are we Not reading what Buhari is Not doing right,why do u leave those part out.

It culd Hv been 50% 50% if u Whr to b neutral but u are.

There are many other part where miss out.

1Naria = 1 dols

Paymnt of unemployed youths

And So many more,why Not be neutral and say Wat u Hv seen and observed, both the good and bad.

The truth is that there are people that are paid,to stay in strong room to post on Nairaland and create topics

They counter topics

expecially if we have a post that say the president shuld wake up.the paid guys will rise up and cover the truth, ending up directing the social media to another direction.

If u Ppl Kip doing this how then do we Kip our government on their toes.

PSP or APC we are suppose to say the truth n point out the bad side,That's d only way we cn move forward.

Stop bias post and b Neutral
Asking the children of anger to be Neutral is like making a chicken to meow. They can't do it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by arewafederation: 7:25am On Jul 31, 2015
nickcarter:
may ur phone spoil permanently in Jesus name Amen!!!! cheesy

Mugu! cheesy
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by mrtegation99(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2015
drss:

Two bottles of stout for you. cheesy imagine them giving Buhari credit for turning around the refineries even after he confessed that he has no hand in it. Once children of anger always children of anger. Dishing out misinformation and half truths since may 29th.

Two more for you jare.. I dey wonder whether some pple weh dey claim nigerian no even come from chad or bénín republic. So daft. They are always plain and straight to d lies.

MISINFORMATION MISLEADING SOME NIGERIANS SINCE 1999

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by buzquet(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I said it, I said he will create a thread to defend Buhari and it happened, I must be a prophet!... I knew PassingShot was coming with a counter after the blow you zombies received from barcanista. Eiyaa...No wonder they attack barca, and leave the message being passed across.

Anyway... Since Presidiot Buhari took over;

1. Bokoharam attacks has skyrocketed since the present administration took over, I don't know why Buhari don't want to tackle them head on, maybe because he's sympathetic to their ideology. Do you remember these famous declarations.
* "An attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north"
* "I will continue to support the spread of Sharia throughout Nigeria".
The above statements were all made by Buhari.

2. The Naira's value has greatly plummeted, The Naira is being exchanged for #245 to a Dollar at present. But Buhari said he will make a Naira equal to a Dollar. grin grin
**waiting**

3. We have become a laughing stock in the comity of nations because of the senile man running the affairs of the country, Imagine a president creating a new country of 'West Germany', A president who doesn't know the meaning of "inclusive development", A president who doesn't know the meaning of his party. (disregard the OP's seventh point, It's all hogwash)

4. The Liar OP still went ahead to credit the working of the refineries to Buhari, even after the man has denied it. That's to tell you the kind of propagandists that are found in APC.

5. He said power supply has improved, Yes, that is right. Now help me ask him which power plant Buhari built since he took over in may, Has he appointed a Power minister?... No!. Has Buhari drafted and implemented any power reform...No!. Besides, we are in the rainy season and the water level in the dams are high, This will naturally result to an increase in power supply. As a matter of fact, the improved power supply is as a result of the past administration's power reforms. PassingShot is a pathetic liar, believe him at your own peril.

6. Since Buhari came on board, It's been further Northernization of the country through his appointments and actions. There's no need to talk much on this, It's glaring even to the zombies.

7. The present government has turned governance to a joke, Like I said before, It's now a PHOTOCRACY not a DEMOCRACY.

Bonus: He said foreign reserves has increased, Yes, Why won't it increase??...Buhari has not embarked on anything tangible like capital projects, contracts, etc. So it's bound to increase.

I'm not a fan of writing long epistles like Gbawe, so I'll halt here. Over to the wanking Zombies.
am shaking my head 4 u caz u one of the greatest ever mumu produced by nairaland. With people lyk u, Nigeria is Hopeless

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Firefire(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2015
Kingspin:
I dnt read ignorant thread. At ur age u shõuldnt behave like an old man. We waiting for Buhari work results not problems. Dnt give us this rubbish next time we have pass campaign stage abeg.

I laugh at your comment. grin

I pity the OP - SMH

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by BraniacX(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:
Having been sworn in on May 29, 2015, President Buhari has completed two months at the helms of affairs of our nation. As short as this period seems, it's important to take a critical and unbiased look at what the PMB/VPYO presidency has been able to achieved or failed to achieve.

1. Increase in Our Foreign Reserves:
As at May 29, 2015, the value of our foreign reserves stood at $29.1bn (down from $43.16bn in Jan 2014 http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/30/nigeria-reserves-idUSL6N0V90ZL20150130). Due to blocking of leakages and loopholes which were the order of the day under GEJ, our foreign reserves has witnessed a steady growth and now boast of almost $32bn as at July 7th, 2015. This is an impressive addition of about $3bn in less than two months! We can only imagine what it could have been had GEJ blocked those loopholes in all the years he stayed in office.
Read it here please http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/emefiele-nigeria-s-external-reserves-now-31-89-billion/214192/

Hear Emefiele the CBN Governor on the foreign reserves: “I must use this opportunity to commend the efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari for his dogged approach in seeing that all loopholes are blocked."

2. Bail-out Package to States:
Prior to his coming as president, many states of the federation were massively indebted to their workers such that many of them were owing between 8 and 10 months salaries to their workers. When the problem was becoming a national embarrassment, the president approved a bail-out package to all states to bring succor to the affected workers. Under the N713.7bn package, N413.7bn was a special intervention fund (from proceed paid by LNG) while the remaining N300bn was a soft loan from the CBN to be repaid from the state's subsequent allocation.

In addition, The Debt Management Office (DMO) is expected to assist states to restructure over N660billion commercial loans crippling their economy. With the development, President Buhari has stopped deduction of monthly allocations to states at source. Instead, the Federal Government will “use its influence to guarantee the elongation of the loans for the benefit of the states.”
Please read further here http://thenationonlineng.net/workers-salaries-buhari-bails-out-states-with-n713-7b/

3. Modest Success Against the BH Terrorists:
While it will be unpatriotic to claim a satisfactory success in this regard, it will amount to an act of insincerity to fail to acknowledge that the NA have now taken the fight to the terrorists in recent weeks. The fact that BH group now results to suicide bombing is a clear sign of desperation and frustration from a group facing impending defeat. When Boko Haram was very potent, they sacked many military barracks, controlled many local governments and were always ready to face the army in a battle. The situation has completely changed and the terrorists are now on the run.

Read some of the successful operations against the BH here https://www.nairaland.com/2490229/nigerian-army-conducts-successful-raid and here https://www.nairaland.com/2484987/nigerian-military-rescues-22-children.

Contrary to the wicked lies being peddled by the wailers, there was never a time PMB promised to end BH insurgency in two months. The first time the lie was reported was during the last electioneering campaign and APC almost immediately refuted the report. Again, when he was interviewed by Amanpour as a president elect and was asked a related question, he said "in few months" and not "two months". Read here http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/didnt-promise-end-insurgency-two-months-buhari/

*(coughs)* angry

*goes and buys soap*

*hand over soap to OP*

Now make sure you wash your lying mouth properly, every rotten corner of it before you utter any other word or type any silly post, gottit!!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by shezinton(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2015
MizMyColi:
lipsrsealedembarassed
1. Why won't there be increase in foreign reserve?
What capital project has he embarked on?Or isn't money from this reserve meant to be touched? (School me please).

2. What bailout? The same one four governors or so have openly come out to say they haven't received? When did Saint Buhari become a liar? Pray tell.

3. There is nothing these soldiers have done that wasn't done in the GEJ administration.
FYI, there were fresh attacks earlier on a group of fishermen, have you seen the news?

4. What exactly is the status on the ready-to- collect Haliburton bribe money? What is it with this government and "I will" "I will"? Or is the recovery of looted funds selective? Pray tell also.

5. Refineries work because of a certain ex president. PMB asserted that much, so?http://www.ionigeria.com/it-will-be-dishonest-of-me-to-take-credit-for-repair-of-port-harcourt-refinery-buhari/

6. Electrity has improved because a certain ex president laid the ground work. The capacity TCN has now isn't magical, or is it?

7. What image got boosted? Correct if I'm wrong please, but last I checked, Nigerians were transported into this country with trucks used for carrying cows and oranges, and to think mr President visited just a day ago?
What sore, resounding slap could be worse than that?

We told you people that any promise of change without transformation is a cosmetic one. Do you see it playing out before your very eyes?

Mr Man, stop grappling and grasping at straws biko.
It's not by posting links up and down.
When (emphasis on "when"wink PMB starts work, even the dumb will shout alleluia.
But for now....
Our foreign debt has increased with him thru 2.2billion dolls n oda state govnor loan...all past criminal APC...yeye pple

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by drss(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Until Buhari fulfill all his promises, all these cosmetic achievements are null and void.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by kolaunited(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=tomakint post=36445099]PassingShit will never cease to daze me with his lack of political will.......can somebody tell me what is positive about this government for these 2 months? [/quote ] are u comparing 2 month to 6 years
Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by MizMyColi(f): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

I used to think you've got something upstairs!

Abeg park that your reverse psychology one place joor!

You should recognize a metaphor for what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by donbrowser(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

I was referring to the lie of making $1 equal N1 as peddled by PDP.
Who are the we? are you working for APC?
Stop twisting the question

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by histemple: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:
Having been sworn in on May 29, 2015, President Buhari has completed two months at the helms of affairs of our nation. As short as this period seems, it's important to take a critical and unbiased look at what the PMB/VPYO presidency has been able to achieved or failed to achieve.

1. Increase in Our Foreign Reserves:
As at May 29, 2015, the value of our foreign reserves stood at $29.1bn (down from $43.16bn in Jan 2014 http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/30/nigeria-reserves-idUSL6N0V90ZL20150130). Due to blocking of leakages and loopholes which were the order of the day under GEJ, our foreign reserves has witnessed a steady growth and now boast of almost $32bn as at July 7th, 2015. This is an impressive addition of about $3bn in less than two months! We can only imagine what it could have been had GEJ blocked those loopholes in all the years he stayed in office.
Read it here please http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/emefiele-nigeria-s-external-reserves-now-31-89-billion/214192/

Hear Emefiele the CBN Governor on the foreign reserves: “I must use this opportunity to commend the efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari for his dogged approach in seeing that all loopholes are blocked."

2. Bail-out Package to States:
Prior to his coming as president, many states of the federation were massively indebted to their workers such that many of them were owing between 8 and 10 months salaries to their workers. When the problem was becoming a national embarrassment, the president approved a bail-out package to all states to bring succor to the affected workers. Under the N713.7bn package, N413.7bn was a special intervention fund (from proceed paid by LNG) while the remaining N300bn was a soft loan from the CBN to be repaid from the state's subsequent allocation.

In addition, The Debt Management Office (DMO) is expected to assist states to restructure over N660billion commercial loans crippling their economy. With the development, President Buhari has stopped deduction of monthly allocations to states at source. Instead, the Federal Government will “use its influence to guarantee the elongation of the loans for the benefit of the states.”
Please read further here http://thenationonlineng.net/workers-salaries-buhari-bails-out-states-with-n713-7b/

3. Modest Success Against the BH Terrorists:
While it will be unpatriotic to claim a satisfactory success in this regard, it will amount to an act of insincerity to fail to acknowledge that the NA have now taken the fight to the terrorists in recent weeks. The fact that BH group now results to suicide bombing is a clear sign of desperation and frustration from a group facing impending defeat. When Boko Haram was very potent, they sacked many military barracks, controlled many local governments and were always ready to face the army in a battle. The situation has completely changed and the terrorists are now on the run.

Read some of the successful operations against the BH here https://www.nairaland.com/2490229/nigerian-army-conducts-successful-raid and here https://www.nairaland.com/2484987/nigerian-military-rescues-22-children.

Contrary to the wicked lies being peddled by the wailers, there was never a time PMB promised to end BH insurgency in two months. The first time the lie was reported was during the last electioneering campaign and APC almost immediately refuted the report. Again, when he was interviewed by Amanpour as a president elect and was asked a related question, he said "in few months" and not "two months". Read here http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/didnt-promise-end-insurgency-two-months-buhari/

After reading this, the first thing I did, was to cry for this country because I suspect that you are a "graduate".

The most generous consolation I can give myself is, to call this a joke. But out of curiosity and disappointment, I checked your profile. You have published six (6) articles and five of them were for Buhari.

Just then I realized that, this mendacious article was another calculated mischief.

Even the truck pusher in Ajegunle knows that, Buhari was yet to start working.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by ebonywilly(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
I wonder why some people have decided to speak the truth but more comfortable fees I lies to the public. APC is full of propangists.I thought president Buhari promised to deal with insurgency within to weeks of assuming the mantle, the free meals he promised elementary school pupils, 5k stipends for youths on a monthly basis, tackling corruption even if a member of his house hold is involved! Why had he refused to discuss #bringbackourgirls# with OBAMA? Afterall, this was a scam to vilify and smear the last regime.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by drss(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
mrtegation99:

Two more for you jare.. I dey wonder whether some pple weh dey claim nigerian no even come from chad or bénín republic. So daft. They are always plain and straight to d lies.

MISINFORMATION MISLEADING SOME NIGERIANS SINCE 1999

I tell you grin. Their lies has rendered the Devil jobless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2015
donbrowser:

Who are the we? are you working for APC?
Stop twisting the question
Where is the "we"?

Ask your question again if you care.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by ajebuter(f): 7:32am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:

What 'stance' is that? Only if you knew me boy!

Besides, not everyone want to spend their time producing several articles on weekly basis.

It's not a bragging matter, but I am enormously blessed in everything by which success in measure. I thank God for that.

I hold a contrary view.
You reek of ass-kissing, and extreme sycophancy.
I'm an independent observer between your post and Barca's but your write up lacks objectivity. It is biased and connotes the dire-need to-please some paying client.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2015
MizMyColi:

Abeg park that your reverse psychology one place joor!
That cliche is overused in NL already. Even used by those who don't know the meaning.

Keep wailing! It's your portion. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by jmaine: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
FearGodinall:
Achievements in government is always referenced to his/her electoral promises during the campaign, can you also tell us the input he had made towards the achievements you stated? In case you 've forgotten, here are the concise form of some his campaign promises and point your achievement from the promises.
Below are the campaign promises.
1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities
2. State and community policing
3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical
care abroad
4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including
35% of appointive positions for women
5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company
6. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least
20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to
50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted
power supply within 10 years.
7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates
across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme
for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science
subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses.
9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum
(20,000 per state).
10. Three million Jobs per year
11. To embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and
skills acquisition schemes for graduates along with the
creation of a Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to
create at least 5 million new jobs by 2019.
12. Churches and Mosques would not pay taxes under
national laws, but if they engage in businesses, the
businesses would pay tax.
13. Provision of allowances to the discharged but
unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months
while in the skills and entrepreneurial development
programme
14. Making the economy one of the fastest-growing
emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth
averaging 10% annually.
15. Creation of a Social Welfare Programme of at least Five
Thousand Naira (N5000) that will cater for the 25 million
poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon the
demonstration of children’s enrollment in school and
evidence of immunization to help promote family stability
16. Recruitment and training of at least 100,000 officers into
the Nigerian police force and establish a Federal Anti-
terrorism Agency.
17. One free meal (to include fruits) daily, for public primary
school pupils
18. Building an airport in Ekiti State
19. Eradication of state of origin, replacing that with state of
residence to ensure Nigerians are Nigerians first before
anything else.
20. Establishment of Crime Squad to combat terrorism,
kidnapping, armed robbery, militants, ethno-religious and
communal clashes nationwide
21. Working with the National Assembly towards the
immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act
22. Economic stability for the ECOWAS nations and
maintaining a strong, close and frank relationship with West
Africa, South Africa, UK, USA, Canada, and other African
countries
23. Establishing a conflict resolution commission to help
prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity.
24. All political office holders earn only the salaries and
emoluments determined and approved by the Revenue
Mobilization and Fiscal Commission RMFAC.
25. Permanent peace in the Niger Delta and other conflict
prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and
Abia.
26. No plans to Islamise Nigeria.
27. Nationwide sanitation plans to keep Nigeria clean
28. Preserving the independence of the Central Bank
29. Simplifying immigration process to foster faster visa
processing at points of entry.
30. Special incentives to facilitate the education of the girl
child
31. Full implementation of the National Identification
Scheme to generate the relevant data.
32. Making Information Technology, Manufacturing,
Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy
33. Balancing the economy across regions by the creation
of six new Regional Economic Development Agencies
(REDAs) to act as champions of sub-regional
competitiveness
34. Putting in place a N300bn regional growth fund
(average of N50bn in each geo-political region) to be
managed by the REDAs.
35. Amending the Constitution and the Land Use Act to
create freehold/leasehold interests in land along with
matching grants for states to create a nationwide electronic
land title register on a state by state basis.
36. Reviving and reactivating the minimally performing
Refineries to optimum capacity.
37. Creating additional middle-class of at least two million
new home owners in the first year in government and one
million annually thereafter.
38. Creating an additional middle class of at least four
million new home owners by 2019 by enacting national
mortgage single digit interest rates for purchase of owner
occupier houses as well as reviewing the collateral
qualification to make funding for home ownership easier,
with 15 to 30 year mortgage terms.
39. Enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at
single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier
houses.
40. Injecting extra N30bn into the Agricultural sector to
create more agro-allied jobs by way of loans at nominal
interest rates for capital investment on medium and
commercial scale cash crops.
41. You farm, government buys, guaranteeing a minimum
price for selected crops and facilitate storage of agricultural
products as and when necessary.
42. Creating a national infrastructural development bank to
provide loans at nominal interest rates exclusively for this
sector.
43. Construction of 3,000km of Superhighway including
service trunks.
44. Building of up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one
third to be completed by 2019.
45. At least one functioning airport is available in each of
the 36 states.
46. Ending gas flaring and ensuring sales of at least half of
gas produce, within Nigeria.
47. Speedily passing the much-delayed Petroleum Industry
Bill (PIB) and ensuring that local content issues are fully
addressed.
48. Establishing at least six new universities of science and
technology with satellite campuses in various states.
49. Establishing six centres of excellence to address the
needs of special education.
50. Prioritising the reduction of the infant mortality rate by
2019 to 3%.
51. Reducing maternal mortality by more than 70%.
52. Reducing HIV/AIDs infection rate by 50% and other
infectious diseases by 75%.
53. Improving life expectancy by additional 10 years on
average.
54. Increasing the number of physicians from 19 per 1000
population to 50 per 1000
55. Increasing national health expenditure per person per
annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently)
56. Increasing the quality of all federal government-owned
hospitals to world class standard within five years.
57. Ensuring timely payment of retirement benefits for all
pensioned senior citizens and creating a poverty safety net
for all aged citizens above the age of 65.
58. Amending the Constitution to require Local
Governments to publish their meeting minutes, service
performance data, and items of spending over N10M.
59. Requiring full disclosure in media outlets, of all
government contracts over N100m prior to award and
during implementation at regular interval.
60. Amending the Constitution to remove immunity from
prosecution for elected officers in criminal case.
61. Initiating action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with
a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to
states in order to entrench true federalism and the federal
spirit.
62. Reforming and Strengthening the Justice System for
efficient administration and dispensation of justice with the
creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of
corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of
national importance.
63. Establishing world-class sports academy and training
institutes and ensure that Nigeria occupies a place of pride
in global sports and athletics.
64. Reviving the Nigerian football league and putting
incentives in place to make it as competitive as other
national leagues.
65. Putting in place measures to identify talents early and
ensuring their participation in local and international games
to enable them become professionals.
66. Assisting Nollywood to fully develop into world class
movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood
and Bollywood in due course.
67. Ensuring that the rights of women are protected as
enshrined in our Constitution.
68. Guaranteeing that women are adequately represented in
government appointments and providing greater
opportunities in education, job creation and economic
empowerment.
69. Promoting the concept of reserving a minimum number
of seats in the National Assembly for women.
70. Free maternal and children healthcare services.
71. Stabilising the naira.
72. Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical
sector whilst making substantial investments in training
quality teachers at all levels of the educational system
(Some other APC policy documents had 15%).
73. Ensuring compliance with policies and measures to halt
the pollution of rivers and waterways in the Niger Delta and
other parts of the country.
74. Adopting a holistic approach to erosion and shoreline
protection across the country.
75. ECOWAS currency by 2020 under Nigeria’s guidance
and leadership.
76. Maintaining strong, close and frank relationships within
the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the
rest of the world.
77. Establishing a new special relationship with the leading
emerging markets like Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC)
and other strategic partners around the world.
78. Government intends to commission a sociological study
to determine Boko Haram’s origins, remote and immediate
causes of the movement, its sponsors, the international
connexions to ensure that measures are taken to prevent a
recurrence of the evil.
79. Strengthening INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate
electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life
80. Improving operational and legal mechanisms so that
disciplinary steps are taken against proven human rights
violations by the Armed Forces.
81. Free education at primary, secondary and tertiary
institutions for Science, Technology, Engineering and
Mathematics (STEM) and Education.

I really loved your incisive shut up post . . .in 100 days , we expect to see the dull deity fulfill his 100 days covenant with the masses . . . . . .Lolz

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by arewafederation: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
Ponponkon:
Guy just inform Oga Presido that all FG roads in Abia State are bad. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu cannot be doing his own job and that of Buhari at the same time. We lack Federal presence in Abia State

Which federal roads do you want again? Despite the massive restructuring of the SE by GEJ, you still complain of Federal projects?

Abeg, manage the ones built by GEJ, biko. Stop this long - throat. angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Franzeez(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/b]
PassingShot:
4. [b]Serious Undergoing Efforts to Recover Our Stolen Money
: FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
Before now, the mantra was "stealing is not corruption". Now it is "Stealing Is Now Corruption" and all treasury looters have started feeling the heat.

Apart from efforts being made locally in this regard, it was the other major reason the president was invited to USA. Despite what the wailers will have us believe, PMB himself has recently said that he has received from USA, some documents that will assist Nigeria in tracking and recovering our stolen money from the looters. Read it here please http://www.punchng.com/news/us-gave-buhari-names-of-oil-thieves-source/ .

Similar efforts are being coordinated with UK, Switzerland, France and others. Read here also http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-traces-looted-funds-to-uk-switzerland-others/

Is it not then an absurdity to read many wailers shouting blue murder whenever we read that EFCC or DSS invites some treasury thieves for questioning? It is absurd because every sane person knows that PMB/VPYO campaigned on the three main cardinal points of ending insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy. So, if he fails to go after those who have stolen their future and that of their unborn generations, will the president be deemed successful in his campaign promise?

5. Refineries now Working:
I know many including some PMB supporters will be quick to point me to the president statement that he didn't do anything to make the refineries work. That is another sterling quality of the president but wait, I have some pertinent questions for you.

* Did NNPC/GEJ not tell us in Feb 2015 that N99bn was needed by Nigerian engineers to fix the refineries or not as contained here? http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

* Did NNPC and GEJ's team not tell us in March of this year that $550 million was needed to fix the refinery or not? give us as contained here? http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

* On March 6, 2015 (before the election), did GEJ/NNPC not tell us that refineries will not work before 2016 or not? http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

There is no report anywhere that any of the requested sums was paid by the FG to NNPC, yet the refineries have started working!

The fact remains that, had GEJ won the election, the refineries would not have worked, even in 2016. We traveled that deceitful routes with jonathan many times before.

The fact that PMB is known to be on a mission on corruption; with NNPC the number one priority, is what has made NNPC to quickly put its acts together and bring the refineries on board.

Btw, I already did a comprehensive thread on this here https://www.nairaland.com/2392387/buhari-not-jonathan-responsible-refineries

6. Improved Electricity:
Only the [/color] bigots [color=#990000]will deny the fact that electricity has improved compared to GEJ's era. The miracle we're witnessing here is similar to what is happening with refineries. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has continued to achieve one peak or the other since the coming of PMB. Is it another coincidence? No, it is not.

Through FG's efforts, there have been improvement in gas supply to the generating stations. These generating stations have been there since GEJ's era, how come they couldn't get gas supply despite government granting suppliers various loans? The answer is that the suppliers and some PHCN big wigs connive to elope with the loans while keeping Nigerians in darkness. But with a new Sheriff in town, they dare not try the same nonsense. End of story. https://www.nairaland.com/2487750/again-tcn-records-new-power#36402389

7. Nigeria Image Boosted:
I don't think I need to say much here as comments from notable citizens and international figures are a testament to this fact. Even, PDP has been somehow forced to eat the humble pie when they declared that "Buhari is the only clean man in APC". To many of us, this is a huge difference between the two parties. After all, PMB/VPYO are the representatives of the change we fought for.

To attempt to put things into perspective, take a good look at the Nigeria PMB inherited from the Otuoke man.

God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Patriotic Nigerians
God Bless PMB/VPYO
God Bless Nigeria

When writing a report or article for publication, the best standard would be followed. You don't write this kind of article and call people bigots........ It shows your level of fanatisism and it dims your unbias reporting. You should learn to do things rightly and the proper way so that you can join PMB and other Nigerians to be the Change we seek.... Let your time acquiring academic honours if you have not be a waste by writing an article and insulting some of your readers. State an argument and justify your case and people will regard you as a true intellectual, a true political analyst inspite of whatever side you subscribe to. Finally I blame the MODs who are lazy to reading content articles and knowing what is best for FP.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Kenobus: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2015
PassingShot:
4. Serious Undergoing Efforts to Recover Our Stolen Money: FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
Before now, the mantra was "stealing is not corruption". Now it is "Stealing Is Now Corruption" and all treasury looters have started feeling the heat.

Apart from efforts being made locally in this regard, it was the other major reason the president was invited to USA. Despite what the wailers will have us believe, PMB himself has recently said that he has received from USA, some documents that will assist Nigeria in tracking and recovering our stolen money from the looters. Read it here please http://www.punchng.com/news/us-gave-buhari-names-of-oil-thieves-source/ .

Similar efforts are being coordinated with UK, Switzerland, France and others. Read here also http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-traces-looted-funds-to-uk-switzerland-others/

Is it not then an absurdity to read many wailers shouting blue murder whenever we read that EFCC or DSS invites some treasury thieves for questioning? It is absurd because every sane person knows that PMB/VPYO campaigned on the three main cardinal points of ending insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy. So, if he fails to go after those who have stolen their future and that of their unborn generations, will the president be deemed successful in his campaign promise?

5. Refineries now Working:
I know many including some PMB supporters will be quick to point me to the president statement that he didn't do anything to make the refineries work. That is another sterling quality of the president but wait, I have some pertinent questions for you.

* Did NNPC/GEJ not tell us in Feb 2015 that N99bn was needed by Nigerian engineers to fix the refineries or not as contained here? http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

* Did NNPC and GEJ's team not tell us in March of this year that $550 million was needed to fix the refinery or not? give us as contained here? http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

* On March 6, 2015 (before the election), did GEJ/NNPC not tell us that refineries will not work before 2016 or not? http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

There is no report anywhere that any of the requested sums was paid by the FG to NNPC, yet the refineries have started working!

The fact remains that, had GEJ won the election, the refineries would not have worked, even in 2016. We traveled that deceitful routes with jonathan many times before.

The fact that PMB is known to be on a mission on corruption; with NNPC the number one priority, is what has made NNPC to quickly put its acts together and bring the refineries on board.

Btw, I already did a comprehensive thread on this here https://www.nairaland.com/2392387/buhari-not-jonathan-responsible-refineries

6. Improved Electricity:
Only the bigots will deny the fact that electricity has improved compared to GEJ's era. The miracle we're witnessing here is similar to what is happening with refineries. The Transmission Company of Nigeria has continued to achieve one peak or the other since the coming of PMB. Is it another coincidence? No, it is not.

Through FG's efforts, there have been improvement in gas supply to the generating stations. These generating stations have been there since GEJ's era, how come they couldn't get gas supply despite government granting suppliers various loans? The answer is that the suppliers and some PHCN big wigs connive to elope with the loans while keeping Nigerians in darkness. But with a new Sheriff in town, they dare not try the same nonsense. End of story. https://www.nairaland.com/2487750/again-tcn-records-new-power#36402389

7. Nigeria Image Boosted:
I don't think I need to say much here as comments from notable citizens and international figures are a testament to this fact. Even, PDP has been somehow forced to eat the humble pie when they declared that "Buhari is the only clean man in APC". To many of us, this is a huge difference between the two parties. After all, PMB/VPYO are the representatives of the change we fought for.

To attempt to put things into perspective, take a good look at the Nigeria PMB inherited from the Otuoke man.

God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Patriotic Nigerians
God Bless PMB/VPYO
God Bless Nigeria

This sounds like a dream! Buhari hasnt done anything apart from try ing his hands on security which has brought us down from the earlier recorded success. GEJ has finished the refurbishment of the Refineries. He did Power too. I am really surprised that a Nigerian would say that it is Buhari that repaird our refineries. Even the man himself said he didnt do anything in that regard. he said if he say so , he would be a liar. How come somebody else is now giving that to him? Ho can we make progress with people like this? There are two reasons for the Power-1. The rains are here. 2. Gas pipelines vandalisation stopped when Amaechi left office. These things were all fixed by GEJ. For the Reserves, the ban on importation actually started with GEJ, so it his policy. Now, the reserves didnt grow as a result of production but just trying to restrain Nigerians. Let Emefiele unban these items today, I tell you the reserves would drop to $24b.
Buhari has no vision, we are in a motion without movement. It was GEJ that made the refineries to start work, and they have been working but not to full capacity even now. We have to say the truth always. Looking for credit for the Dullard would not provide those things physically.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by PassingShot(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
ajebuter:

I hold a contrary view.
You reek of ass-kissing, and extreme sycophancy.
I'm an independent observer between your post and Barca's but your write up lacks objectivity. It is biased and connotes the dire-need to-please some paying client.
A self acclaimed "independent observer". Kudos to you boy. What type of bigotry is yours?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by emmykk(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
The op in a bid to counter barkanista post of 2 months failure of PmB flop on arrival

on increase in foriegn reserve this feat is at you own detrimement.what
pres.buhari did is to stop subsizing the dollar.

In effect you are paying more for every imported goods you buy now .it is your money that is increasing the foriegn reserve.

A bag of rice that sell for 8000 during GEJ has sudenly shoot up to 9800,pice 1 bag today and comfirm it.by xmas it will get to like 13,500 but the reserve will increase more too,you are being sap to increase the reserve.

Over 35 imported items are affected,rice,frozen fish,bulk wheat etc.

2.Phcn and nnpc working.

Pres. Buhari has no ministers yet,so if refineries is working and there is constant or improved electricity give it to Gej because
buhari has not sign any memo since he resumed and he even credit nnpc working to Gej.

I wonder how much people are paid to post white lies.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Joekole: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2015
ionsman:

A matured guy can't put up this jargon you call a post.
Don't you have respect for your elders?

Talking about respect for elders, GEJ suffered severe criticism especially from the north but now it hurts you when pple talk of PMBs short coming *winks*

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by anonimi: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
saint047:
It will take President Buhari an understanding of governance to know what subsidy is and how to go about it for the benefit of the economy and itspeople....He is yet to have an understanding of the name of his party and what it represents let alone a bigger national concerns as subsid

The DoroDullard has said he know NOTHING about subsidy yet he has continued paying for the past two months and has not announced stopping something he said he does not know of.
How is CONFUSION defined again please

Surely & certainly we have been SCAMMED!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by mrkings84(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Modest success against BH??
Abba!!! Oga op why u too day lie like this? U mean boko bombs everywhere now and u called that success?

I see! Buhari said you people are winning the war!
I see.... I see...

Meanwhile, DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN BECOME AN
EXTRAORDINARY MILLIONAIRE TOMORROW JUST
BY JOINING ALLIANCE IN MOTION GLOBAL
TODAY??
In AIM GLOBAL, people from all works of life are
making it big with this mind blowing networking
company. Pls don't say u were not told!!
For more info call or WhatsApp 08034704620.
BBM Pin 562006D1

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2015
That Jonathan did something good for Nigeria is a raw fallacious statement. Jonathan was time bomb ready to explode on Nigerians. I thank God, Tinubu and well-meaning Nigerians for removing him. May Jonathan and his types NEVER rule Nigeria again.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Judge Declines Stoppage Of Fayose’s Impeachment Proceeding / President Buhari At The AU Gala Dinner Last Night (photos) / Why Buratai, Danbazau Were Not Indicted In Arms Scandal Report – Nigerian Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.