Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (38217 Views)

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Rexyl(m): 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Nigeria shall be great again.

Ever since Buhari entered into power, things just started to work out automatically. The presence of Buhari has brought about change cool.

Modified:

Ahah. For the first time I am FTC.

Allow me to bask in this vain glory of being the FTC.

I started from the bottom and now I am here. Thanks to my 7G network I brought back with me from the future wink.

midolian:
The kinda Baba's leadership is what fits a country like Nigeria. #NoNonsense

Even the haters will agree with me on this grin

No automatic yields from crops that have not been planted you know. President Buhari has just started harvesting from the field planted and nurtured by former President Jonathan. Only who understand that will see the reason to thank Jonathan first, and then Buhari for continuing with Jonathan projects.

I pray PMB too will embark on projects that will make a difference

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by anonimi: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
olaolulazio:
Thanks and God bless!

That is the spirit bro.
Fight nor dey for church, na make you say the prayer and make I answer Amen.

Lobatan
Opari
Finito cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Jeromejnr(m): 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
Rexyl:

No automatic yields from crops that have not been planted you know. President Buhari has just started harvesting from the field planted and nurtured by former President Jonathan. Only who understand that will see the reason to thank Jonathan first, and then Buhari for continuing with Jonathan projects.

I love your unbiased attitude towards the matter. And not being one sided.

Paul planted, Apollos watered. wink
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Rexyl(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I love your unbiased attitude towards the matter. And not being one sided.

Paul planted, Apollos watered. wink

That's it. It is good to imbibe the principle of fairness and do justice to all things
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Idrismusty97(m): 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:
It is now producing 60,00 barrels per day but to produce 2m per day by October.

God knows that we shall hold them accountable to this. grin
Barrels and litres are two different entities, Common sense should tell you barrels of crude oil "After being refined" transformed to Litres of fuel. Understand now? They don't plan on refining 2m barrels per day by October but 60,000 Bp/d to produce 2m litres of fuel.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Orikinla(m): 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
GRADUALLY...
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
toopsy22:
uuuuhhh turnaround maintenance,,,,
so why have we been paying oil marketers billions of naira... if the refineries have been working for the past 2 decades..

Our refineries were built in d 70s and 80s wen we had a population of about 70 million people, it could serve us den. Now we have added over 100 million more citizens n thus the refineries cannot take care of the fuel needs we have today in nigeria. Secondly a refinery that is as old as 40 years old cannot work on full capacity.

Oil marketers import petroleum products to augment d ones we produce locally.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

Indeed.... God will surely hold them accountable for it... On 29 May 2012 democracy day, GEJ made a speech, thus;
Capacity utilization of existing domestic refineries has greatly improved from 30 to 60 percent. We have commenced the phased plan to return the refineries to 90 percent capacity utilization with the expected completion of the rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery by the end of 2012, to be followed by Warri and Kaduna refineries in 2013.
In the Upstream Sector, the April 2012
commissioning of the Usan Deep Offshore Field
has increased crude oil production capacity by
180 thousand barrels per day. Also, Government
continues to support the National Oil Company,
NPDC, by assigning 55% equity in 8 divested
blocks which has resulted in increase in reserves
from 350 million barrels to 2.1 billion barrels and 160, 000 barrels of production.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by abimbola74(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Gej told us that the refinaries would start working by 2016 and 99bn was needed. Something that gej wanted to do in a year has been done in 2 months by Buhari without needing 99bn.

'Jonathan is a disaster to this nation' - barcanista
Nxt tym b4 u comment,try 2 read wah u wnt 2 comment on properly nd mke sure u dnt say anytn wif sentimnt..
Y sayin jonathan is a disaster?tke note of dis ''which started in October 2014 under the Jonathan
administration, is to cover 18-months.''...try readin it again..1 luv

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by sparkwil(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nigeria is a joke. This historical blunder of citing a refinery in the north will be corrected some day
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

Our refineries were built in d 70s and 80s wen we had a population of about 70 million people, it could serve us den. Now we have added over 100 million more citizens n thus the refineries cannot take care of the fuel needs we have today in nigeria. Secondly a refinery that is as old as 40 years old cannot work on full capacity.

Oil marketers import petroleum products to augment d ones we produce locally.
population has nothing to do with it.. Nigeria shouldn't be talking about having 5 refineries not to talk of owing marketers....
Venezuela has 12 refineries and their population is just a bit more than that of Lagos..,,,,,,

we should produce all we need and focus on agric,manufacturing, and tourism... I hope the global price of oil keeps falling... 'cos that's the only thing that will let Nigeria leave oil alone and diversify the economy...
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
toopsy22:
population has nothing to do with it.. Nigeria shouldn't be talking about having 5 refineries not to talk of owing marketers....
Venezuela has 22 refineries and their population is just a bit more than that of Lagos..,,,,,,

we should produce all we need and focus on agric,manufacturing, and tourism... I hope the global price of oil keeps falling... 'cos that's the only thing that will let Nigeria leave oil alone and diversify the economy...

U didn't even understand my post.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

U didn't even understand my post.
I know what you're saying,, they repaired 3 refineries.. And am saying between 1980s and 2015, we should have gone beyond repairing only 3 to having at least 10. period...
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Fathai(m): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

use ur brain to read....pls stop using ur ass......jo, biko, abeg....abi which language u dey hear?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by aleeyujibia(m): 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Nigeria shall be great again.

Ever since Buhari entered into power, things just started to work out automatically. The presence of Buhari has brought about change cool.

Modified:

Ahah. For the first time I am FTC.

Allow me to bask in this vain glory of being the FTC.

I started from the bottom and now I am here. Thanks to my 7G network I brought back with me from the future wink.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Harryzon(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Gej told us that the refinaries would start working by 2016 and 99bn was needed. Something that gej wanted to do in a year has been done in 2 months by Buhari without needing 99bn.

try borrow some sense because u no get sense at all

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by joedams: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

Guy, there is a difference between barrels and litres. Barrels is what the raw crude oil is measured in. Litres is what the finished product is measured in.

Be guided.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by MIM77(m): 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Its now very obvious that the last government deliberately sabortaged the repairs of our refinery or was purposely lascadaisical for selfish reasons. The repairs couldnt have started in the last two months, but something is not clear on the speed at which almost all the refineries are active and performance at near the installed capacity. I think the presence of pmb is doing miracle even without any visible commitment of any sort. May God help us.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by abduljabbar4(m): 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
Harryzon:

try borrow some sense because u no get sense at all
And according to ur "sense", a 'sense' can be borrowed. Your are the real definition of senselessness

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by DanielGb(m): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by hugobuzz(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
[quote author=abduljabbar4 post=36488507]

give yourself some brain dude. This is GEJ s work. why can't you just understand some things? are you retarded?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
REALORGASM:

You be Olodo.
It is not producing 60,00 barrels it is refining 60,000 which will produce 2million liters of fuel

infact, if you check the maths, you will confused as well

1 barrel = 119.24 litters

meaning refining 60, 000 barrels of crude = refining over 6million litters of crude...

Again as regards the 2million liters of fuel, pls which fuel is that..?
PMS or DPK or AGO or a combination of all
bkos i dont get it now
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by MIM77(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
I think the last govt preferred paying subsidy than repairing the refineries because that was where they made money for their personal pockets. If not so, how much does it cost to repair the refineries or build additional ones that would justify paying a trillion plus naira or thereabout annually. Thank God for the change. Its not about pdp, apc or whatever, its about the right thing for all of us. Sentiments must be kept aside, lets say the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by REALORGASM(f): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

meaning refining 60, 000 barrels of crude = refining over 6million litters of crude...

bkos i dont get it now

all i can do is laugh of my roof
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by sheymaziggy: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

Dude u so quick to judge , read it well , they said 2m litres not 2m barrels , remove the hate from ur eyes bro

Never mind u have been corrected
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by crowther15(m): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
I dnt knw if anybody is thinking the same way I am......
We need an effective rail transport system even thou from the past record it has contributed as low as 5% 2% 0% to the transportation of crude oil........ pipe line is the most reliable and has contributed up to 90% of crude transport buh its vulnerable to vandalization.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by AnonyHost: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
where is the OIL located? and how many Refinery is working on the oil located area ?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by integrator(m): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
These guys think we are fools,
The post says we are now refining about 60,000 bpd of crude oil feed. This is not yet giving us up to 2 million litres of petrol throughput (what they seek to achieve in October) According to the report, 60% efficiency will give 2 million litres of pms (this is wrong as the % of 60000bpd with respect to installed capacity of 110,000bpd is 54.5%). Also, at 100% efficiency level, the refinery can only deliver 3.667 million litres of pms (petrol) not the 6 million they seek to achieve next year based on the current installed capacity of the Kaduna refinery.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
With all these new development that our local refineries are working,the price of petroleum still remains astronomically high.It ought to have come down to atleast #40per liter.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
MIM77:
I think the last govt preferred paying subsidy than repairing the refineries because that was where they made money for their personal pockets. If not so, how much does it cost to repair the refineries or build additional ones that would justify paying a trillion plus naira or thereabout annually. Thank God for the change. Its not about pdp, apc or whatever, its about the right thing for all of us. Sentiments must be kept aside, lets say the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.
Have the refineries really working or it's the same apc propaganda? Price of pms ought to have come down by now.Imagine,fuel is now sold for #120 per liter. It's even scarce like diamond.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

bkos i dont get it now

Read the third line of the report. It says "The company said it was currently working with a target to release two million litres of petrol daily into the market by October."
That's a projection anyway. Many products are obtained from crude including kerosene, diesel, petrol and other petrochemicals. They hope to hit 6million litres of petrol by early next year, and 2million litres this year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saraki Vs CCT: We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things -Tinubu / Death Of 100 Soldiers :president Buhari, It's Time To Go! / Kano: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Kabir Yusuf (NNPP), dismisses APC's suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.