Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends (912 Views)

I Swore A Deadly Oath With My Ex, Should I Expose Her On Facebook / Help: My Girlfriend Just Went To See Her Ex, Should Be Worried / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
Breaking up with someone is almost always
hard, especially if you are not the one who
initiated it.
A common line used to lessen the
pain of heartbreak is saying, “Let’s be
friends”.
However, no matter how close your
relationship was, being friends with your ex
is almost never a good idea. Obviously, there
may be certain individuals with whom you
could be able to develop a close friendship
even after being in a relationship with them.
But such people come by only once in a blue
moon.

Trying to be friends with your ex can not only
be a potential disaster, but also emotionally
draining. Here is a look at some reasons why
it is a bad idea.

1 – You Still Have Feelings For Him/Her

Yes, it probably does seem obvious, but it is
also really important. If you have any
romantic feelings for the other person,
staying friends could be a bad idea.
You may
try to reignite the fire at some point, and this
could lead to more heartbreak. Remember
exactly why you had broken up. Even if you
are being completely platonic, there is no
guarantee that the other person is feeling the
same way.

2 – It Could Get Really Awkward

Friends tend to talk about almost every single aspect of their life with each other. Talking openly with your ex could get awkward really quickly. If you can’t discuss your life with the other person, is there any point in striving to maintain friendship?

3 – You Don’t Really Want to be With
Anyone Else

When hanging out with your ex, there is a very good chance that old feelings will come back to the fore.
You may find yourself wanting to restart the relationship. You may not want him/her to date someone else either. True friends want happiness for each other, and you may not have that feeling with your ex.

4 – Mixed Signals

When you were dating, you would have
shared a number of inside jokes, nicknames
and other pleasant memories. By being
friends even after your relationship has run
its course, you may fall back into your dating
patterns, even though the romantic
relationship has ended. This can be
confusing for either or both of you.

5 – Limits Romantic Potential

If you are still hanging out with your ex, you could find it hard to find someone who loves you the way you deserve to be loved.
Think about it: would you date someone who is constantly spending time with someone they were in a relationship with? Plus, this may cause issues with your current spouse as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Webbet(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
if they cant be just friends, what should they be? enemies abi
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Truth24(m): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Youngpo413: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Webbet:
yes,its more preferable
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
Find it weird as to how people still kee an Ex as friends though,this is omeone who sees you less a erson after first loving you...me not been friends doesn't mean I hate her,it means am considering her less important in my life...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by SNZU: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Crappy article... NEXT!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why You & Your Ex Should Never Be 'just Friends by EseBosun(f): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Webbet:
. No. Strangers

(1) (Reply)

The Longest Pen_is In The World / Guys!!! Secrets Players Use To Make Girls Chase Them- Shamelessly. / 5 Apps That Can Make Long Distance Relationships Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.