Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. (7529 Views)

. / My US Visa Was Cancelled At Arrival Nd Was Send Back Home / America Visa Cancelled At Poe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hello house,
I will like to know if i still have other better chances of getting another B1/B2 Visa from the Us embassies in Nigeria because my visa and that of my Husband was recently cancelled.
The CBP officer saw one of my biss card that has a US contact address on it and believed i do my business in the US and also get paid into a US account which i am not suppose to do base on my visa category of which, i have never done any business whatsoever in united states before i only put that contact on one of my Biss cards to show to some of my Nigeria clients residing in USA my location whenever i am in the US.
He even look into my website and see no USA address on my contact details but yet he insisted i do my business in the US and that's why i visit US often and even stay 2 or 3 months before returning back to my country. I tried to convince him but he wouldn't believe me and he went ahead and ask me to voluntarily withdraw my admission so i can be able to get another Visa in my country. I will like to know if this will hinder chances of ever getting another visa from the US embassy or Canada embassy because i already have a Canadian Visa in process before this unexpected indecent.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
undecided
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Alabukun!
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
Reapply n explain to the VO the way u did here. With God nothing shall be inpossible.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by seangy4konji: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
how did someone see your business card at poe

cos wonders shall never end...

its must have been over confidence.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 04, 2015
Northing like overconfidence it was a simple question and answer kind of thing and it got to an extent the cbp officer asked for my wallet and my mobile phone and started searching for incriminating evidence he could used against me and at that point what can you do than to submit to whatever they are bringing forth to you in other for you to just regain your freedom from them?
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by happney65: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
I don't believe this... grin
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by 25omega(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
neither do i. even as a foreign coming into the country with a visa you have some rights. They wouldn't ask for your wallet at the immigration table. Only customs check bags and person. Immigration will ask you questions and if they suspect something is foul like you are a smuggler or travelling with fake documents or docs that aren't yours, then they might search you.
happney65:

kattywilli:
Hello house,
I will like to know if i still have other better chances of getting another B1/B2 Visa from the Us embassies in Nigeria because my visa and that of my Husband was recently cancelled.
The CBP officer saw one of my biss card that has a US contact address on it and believed i do my business in the US and also get paid into a US account which i am not suppose to do base on my visa category of which, i have never done any business whatsoever in united states before i only put that contact on one of my Biss cards to show to some of my Nigeria clients residing in USA my location whenever i am in the US.
He even look into my website and see no USA address on my contact details but yet he insisted i do my business in the US and that's why i visit US often and even stay 2 or 3 months before returning back to my country. I tried to convince him but he wouldn't believe me and he went ahead and ask me to voluntarily withdraw my admission so i can be able to get another Visa in my country. I will like to know if this will hinder chances of ever getting another visa from the US embassy or Canada embassy because i already have a Canadian Visa in process before this unexpected indecent.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Moana(f): 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
kattywilli:
Northing like overconfidence it was a simple question and answer kind of thing and it got to an extent the cbp officer asked for my wallet and my mobile phone and started searching for incriminating evidence he could used against me and at that point what can you do than to submit to whatever they are bringing forth to you in other for you to just regain your freedom from them?
it doesnt make sense to have a visa revoked based on what someone else assumed.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
Seems like you are confused Moana, CBP (Customs and Border Protection) are immigration officers. They are also sworn law enforcement officers. So yeah... this wasn't a "visa officer."
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by Miami11: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
happney65:

Last week someone was denied entry at POE because they took his phone and went through text messages and contacts

Yes the officers have every right to comfisticate your belongings and search for whatever information they want.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by keni: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Miami11:

Last week someone was denied entry at POE because they took his phone and went through text messages and contacts
Yes the officers have every right to comfisticate your belongings and search for whatever information they want.

And what exactly did they see there

1 Like

Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by seangy4konji: 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
You are not a well brought up Nigerian man or woman for any information that can lead to obloshi to be found on your phone and you left Nigeria where even a a law abiding young citizen who dresses well can be stopped by sars or efcc ie alhaji Gay to incriminiate you for an offence not committed because your brother sent you an sms from a usa number and you will pay to leave the place...

Re apply and so he saw a usa phone number rightsuch things pain me gon oooooo...
keni:

And what exactly did they see there
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by tyor: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2015
You hav a US business address? Arent you smart? These people worry over flimsy issues e.g. having an old signature on your Driver's license. If u change ur signature, change ur license. Otherwise, leave it at home
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by cozybunch: 6:17am On Aug 07, 2015
Hence you voluntarily withdrew your visa application, you are fine. You will only have a mountain to climb, meaning you have to convince visa officers that you are a genuine tourist. Good news is that you are not in the category of 3-10 years in admissibility to the united states or 1 year visa ban due to misrepresentation.

CBP officer has right to turn down any visa application at the point of entry if he or she dim so even thou
The officer has to back it up with reasons.

Remember guys this Q&A goes to every body including U.S citizens. Some time if the officer is not satisfactory on your answers you go through Secoundary inspection which U.S citizens go through also. The only difference betweena U.S citizen, permanent residence and a visitor is that u.s citizen can never be denied entry so also a permanent residence. The major difference in both is that if an officer sees discrepancy in the residence satutes such as your answers is in consistent to what they have, or you spend more time over sea than in United States, them the cbp officer will give you a deferred adjudication meaning you will have to come to an immigration judge to defend your self. The officer will take you documents from you and allow you into the country. You get your documents back when you win your case in court.

Please, it is very important to follow instructions and answer questions correctly.

I will advise you to reapply again, but have all necessary documents to support your case, that it was a mistake and that all your true intentions was for tourism purposes. It will not affect your canadain visa pursue. Voluntary visa withdrawal can happen to any body, is not a crime. It only gives you the opportunity to reapply again.

1 Like

Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by donbigboy(m): 5:03am On Feb 18, 2017
cozybunch:
Hence you voluntarily withdrew your visa application, you are fine. You will only have a mountain to climb, meaning you have to convince visa officers that you are a genuine tourist. Good news is that you are not in the category of 3-10 years in admissibility to the united states or 1 year visa ban due to misrepresentation.

CBP officer has right to turn down any visa application at the point of entry if he or she dim so even thou
The officer has to back it up with reasons.

Remember guys this Q&A goes to every body including U.S citizens. Some time if the officer is not satisfactory on your answers you go through Secoundary inspection which U.S citizens go through also. The only difference betweena U.S citizen, permanent residence and a visitor is that u.s citizen can never be denied entry so also a permanent residence. The major difference in both is that if an officer sees discrepancy in the residence satutes such as your answers is in consistent to what they have, or you spend more time over sea than in United States, them the cbp officer will give you a deferred adjudication meaning you will have to come to an immigration judge to defend your self. The officer will take you documents from you and allow you into the country. You get your documents back when you win your case in court.

Please, it is very important to follow instructions and answer questions correctly.

I will advise you to reapply again, but have all necessary documents to support your case, that it was a mistake and that all your true intentions was for tourism purposes. It will not affect your canadain visa pursue. Voluntary visa withdrawal can happen to any body, is not a crime. It only gives you the opportunity to reapply again.
please a neighbor of mine was recently turned back at the point of entry in the USA for what they called "inadmissible for lack of cash" I hope she's not banned and what are the likely implications of this in the future application and finally, can she still travel to the USA again with the same visa?.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by TWoods(m): 5:13am On Feb 18, 2017
donbigboy:

please a neighbor of mine was recently turned back at the point of entry in the USA for what they called "inadmissible for lack of cash" I hope she's not banned and what are the likely implications of this in the future application and finally, can she still travel to the USA again with the same visa?.

Sounds like she's got money to waste.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by coba43: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Just my personal opinion.
I think first, you can take advantage of the US freedom of information act. Make a FOIA request online on US Customs and border protection agency through foaionline.regulations.gov. Request for information (from your file) about the stated reasons why you were denied entry prompting your application to withdraw admission. They will respond eventually. With their response you can apply for inadmissiblity waiver using the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
TRAVELER INQUIRY FORM or through the US Embassy in Nigeria and once you get response, you can apply for a new visa, if you get it, you travel to the US again without problems except there is a new reason to deny you entry.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by coba43: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
My opinion
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by engraro: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
25omega:
neither do i. even as a foreign coming into the country with a visa you have some rights. They wouldn't ask for your wallet at the immigration table. Only customs check bags and person. Immigration will ask you questions and if they suspect something is foul like you are a smuggler or travelling with fake documents or docs that aren't yours, then they might search you.

It is very possible to be put into thorough search by CBP they are doing their job as professional.

Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by coba43: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Just my personal opinion.
I think first, you can take advantage of the US freedom of information act. Make a FOIA request online on US Customs and border protection agency through foaionline.regulations.gov. Request for information (from your file) about the stated reasons why you were denied entry prompting your application to withdraw admission. They will respond eventually. With their response you can apply for inadmissiblity waiver using the DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
TRAVELER INQUIRY FORM or through the US Embassy in Nigeria and once you get response, you can apply for a new visa, if you get it, you travel to the US again without problems except there is a new reason to deny you entry.
Hello house,
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by femijck(m): 5:03am On Feb 01, 2018
Your visa was cancelled not because you've done business in their country, but because you intended to do business (intention), which was obviously against the condition of your visa...

It's just like traveling with your credentials while u have a tourist or visitor visa...Are u looking for a job.

CBP of any country have every right to check all your personal items including,laptops,phone,wallet..e.t.c

And can cancel any visa or refuse entry base on your intention alone or any suspicion they have about you once proven...In your case he found an evidence to back your intentions and confirm his suspicion....any country would do the same.

The best u could have done was to mail those cards differently either before u travel or while u were there.... would have been safe landing.

I suggest u send a mail explaining your situation ( what you've explained here showing your ignorance) and ask them if there is any ban place on u. And if there is, ask when u could apply again. Include the paper work of your cancellation in your mail.

Just a suggestion from me.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by femijck(m): 5:09am On Feb 01, 2018
seangy4konji:
how did someone see your business card at poe

cos wonders shall never end...

its must have been over confidence.
how was that over confidence....you want to start arguing with border protection officer??
Just pray they don't ever take u off the line for questioning. As that alone will disorganize u if u are not confident and bold.
They have every right to even open ur boxers if there is any need to.
Re: USA Visa Got Cancelled At POE Because The Officer Saw Something On My Biss Card. by staga: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello house,

The moment you stay for months on a visit visa, you will find it hard convincing the embassy you are not working or doing business illegally in the US.

(1) (Reply)

7 Dead In Ogun Boat Mishap / 1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner / 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.