Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (90671 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 22, 2011
tng:

Hi everyone.
I dont know if this is the right thread for this but I would ask anyway. I have 2 little kids. One is 26mths and the other is 12 months. The older one(a boy) is not too keen on playing with his siter even when she trys to play with him. Once in a while he would hug and peck her but outside that nothing. Its getting me worried. Would this phase pass as they are getting older or is there something I can do help them bond?
Awaiting responses. Thanks

I ve been thru it before, as the matter of fact its going on in my household currently its called terrible twos, mine ,mine(doesnt want to share his stuff/toys) and no nos(doesnt listen very much), its just a phase, dont worry he will get over it by the time he is 36m(another phase will start,lol)

he just needs his space thats all. enjoy, they grow very fast, lol
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by tng(f): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
@jidegirl12

Thanks very much for your response, thats reassuring.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
really? why
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by chamotex(m): 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
~Sissy~:

really? why

kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

where have you been my champie angry angry angry
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2011
chamotex:

kiss kiss

awwww . . . Chamo shocked

Longgggggggggggggggggggggggggest time . . . smiley

How have you been?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by cichella(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
hyh
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
Happy New Year folks.

Subsidy or no subsidy, life must to go on.

Eku sobsidi yii o . . . sad
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by deasy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Happy New Year!!!
Wonderful people on PARENTAL GUIDE,
Please, i love you all and every thing you guys are doing on this page but
please lets give more GUIDES on how to bring up our children well.PLEASE!!!
LOVE YOU ALL
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
thanks Deasy. I agree. I think everyone is caught up in one thing or d other. If u have anything to contribute, don't hesitate to post.

Cheers!
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by deasy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
U ARE WELCOME TGIRL4REAL.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Gloria454: 8:34am On Feb 08, 2012
Hello, everyone! Here is a small family guideline anbout parenting, pregnancy and all what relates to it! https://saymommy.com/weeks/ smiley wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by greenwisebags(m): 8:39am On Feb 08, 2012
for me,it is important to have my kids well educated and let them have right personalities.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by deasy(m): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
Please!!! lovely people,
How can i teach a child a better/good behavior?
So,he will be a decent and well discipline child, Please i really need to know.THANKS
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
The first step is to live by example. Do as I do and not just do as I say.

Secondly, repetition works depending on the child's age. Then u should try and explain ur actions and the reason u are scolding when she does sumthn wrong. This also depends on the age of d child.

But the first point works for all ages.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:48am On Feb 16, 2012
HAPPY NEWYEAR kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss [size=3pt]kinda late embarassed[/size] my sweetpies
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Gloria454: 5:19am On Feb 20, 2012
Hi everybody, being a parent is sometimes very difiicult so I communicated with many people in order to know their opinion about child's upbringing, here I found the usful information https://saymommy.com/mom_241_parenting-tips-influencial-parents.html use it!!!
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by remolomu: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hi Tgirl4real , pls how can I contact you? you emailed me a while back and never heard from you again.
Seems as though I cant find your email addy anymore.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Gloria454: 3:28am On Feb 27, 2012
Hi, being a parent is a hard work you should develop youserlf all the time, to find the common language with a child, when my girl became older I realised that I absolutely don't understand her, I surfed the Net to find the way out, I like this site, here I found some tips how to be closer to your child https://saymommy.com/c/todler/, good luck!!! smiley
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by zazuoke: 4:57am On Mar 01, 2012
HEy everyone, my cousin and i just made a very good video about father son relation ship its suppose to be a steroetype and entertaining i hope u guys enjoy it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrg1pGcU5g
let me know what u guys think
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
hi Remo,

Sorry, am just seeing ur mail. Can't remember mailing or probably u hav changed ur Id. I will send u a message, though my email should be on my profile.

Cheers!
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by MissEbony: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
A clean Honda Odyssey car is forsale, 2000 model factory fitted AC, 13" DVD inside and gold color for interested buyers pls call Beatrice on 08033247599 or email beatrice_madu2003@yahoo.com for more details.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2012
Hello all,

its been quite a while. I hope everyone is ok.

Letz discuss this:

When searching for a care giver or creche, what and what do you put into consideration?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by SunnyChus(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
HOW TO PROMOTE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IN CHILDREN

A person's childhood plays a major role in shaping his/her personality. Developing emotional intelligence in children now will help them build a rational thought process and make decisions in future. It can save your child a lot of trauma caused by imprudent actions later. Also, emotional intelligence helps the child to understand his/her skills, abilities and capabilities better. It contributes to the child's rapid psychological development in a positive direction. Hardships are a part of life and an emotionally intelligent child is better equipped to deal with them. They will be able to understand themselves as well as others and become sensitive to feelings.

http://familylifeguide..com/2012/03/teaching-kids-to-make-good-choices.html
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by SunnyChus(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by NNEKA2015: 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
ave been married for 6 years to a pilot with Arik Air and we have have three kids my marriage isn't working anymore , there is no love or trust in the marriage again, my husband gets angry at the slightest thing i do and then goes out drinking and and doesn't come back to sleep in the house until i have gone to work. He only says he loves me when he wants to sleep with me , he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food and now that i am not improving in making love. he showers me with gift once in a while but claims i don't make him happy, i have tried and tried but he is never pleased, I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him but at the same time i can't take it anymore and neither can he as well. please married or divorced women advice me on what to do i can't concentrate at work , i know he loves me and i feel something for him but i can't continue like this. please i need sincere advice on what to do.[color=#990000][/color]
(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
NNEKA2015: ave been married for 6 years to a pilot with Arik Air and we have have three kids my marriage isn't working anymore , there is no love or trust in the marriage again, my husband gets angry at the slightest thing i do and then goes out drinking and and doesn't come back to sleep in the house until i have gone to work. He only says he loves me when he wants to sleep with me , he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food and now that i am not improving in making love. he showers me with gift once in a while but claims i don't make him happy, i have tried and tried but he is never pleased, I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him but at the same time i can't take it anymore and neither can he as well. please married or divorced women advice me on what to do i can't concentrate at work , i know he loves me and i feel something for him but i can't continue like this. please i need sincere advice on what to do.[color=#990000][/color]
(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post

Hello NNeka,

I will open a thread to post ur questions. Hopefully u will get good responses. I will do dat in a bit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (44) (Reply)

My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / He Started Smuching His Mother When He Was 4yrs Old. True Life Story / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.