Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child - Family (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (90564 Views)

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide:the Rape Of Teenage Girls And Minors In Nigeria / Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 01, 2011
big_bumper:

grin

May the dawning of this New Year fill your heart with new hopes, open up new horizons and bring for you promises of brighter tomorrows and may you have a great New Year IJN babes kiss kiss kiss

awww, thank you ma sister. The same to you and your family. awwwwwwwwwwww, oya new year hugs kiss kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by netotse(m): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2011
@BB, B_B, Ileke-Idi,T-girl, Zayhal etc
wishing you all a happy new year. . .

@Ileke-idi
where's Sissy? any idea?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 01, 2011
netotse:

@Ileke-idi
where's Sissy? any idea?

Same to you smiley

Lol no idea. I hope she comes out soon sha
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by olapeju09: 1:35am On Jan 11, 2011
Parents should be the little god of a child. child should be taught humility, knowledge, religion, discipline, uprightness, honesty, faithfulness and contentment among others. parents should be the confidants of the child. mother should spend quality time with the child or else, the society will produce indiscipline children. the money people are running after when they neglect their child will not be useful when they child start to display waywardness, evil and lack of training. May God help us all
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by zayhal(f): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
netotse:

@Ileke-idi
where's Sissy? any idea?

Thanks.

olapeju09:

Parents should be the little god of a child. child should be taught humility, knowledge, religion, discipline, uprightness, honesty, faithfulness and contentment among others. parents should be the confidants of the child. mother should spend quality time with the child or else, the society will produce indiscipline children. the money people are running after when they neglect their child will not be useful when they child start to display waywardness, evil and lack of training. May God help us all

Amin.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
cheesy grin smiley

Hey guyz,

Happy new year.

To the glory of God, I put to bed last Sunday. God blessed me with a beautiful baby girl.

Rejoice with me. I can finally practise the things we preach here. wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Lovemee(f): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2011
Congratulation on your safe delivery.  Greet your baby with a  kiss for me.

God bless her o.  Am a mother too with two lovely baby girls.  5+ and 1+ in age. cheesy
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by zayhal(f): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
Tgirl4real:

cheesy grin smiley

Hey guyz,

Happy new year.

To the glory of God, I put to bed last Sunday. God blessed me with a beautiful baby girl.

Congrats Tgirl.

May God give you all that it requires to bring up and be exemplary parents to your child(ren).
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 12:38am On Jan 28, 2011
Tgirl4real:

cheesy grin smiley

Hey guyz,

Happy new year.

Awww, congrats Tgirl, May God grant her long life and may she always bring joy to your life in Jesus' name kiss kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by netotse(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2011
Tgirl4real:

cheesy grin smiley

Hey guyz,

Happy new year.

@tgirl
congrats. . .
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by MrRambo: 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Ikandmc(f): 6:37am On Feb 25, 2011
Its very important that your child talks to you if he or she has any problem in school. Let your kids know that you are their friend and there to listen and help. Make them comfortable sharing what's going on in their life. A lot of times if parent are not involved in their kids life have low self-esteem.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by nonnyp(f): 12:52am On Mar 05, 2011
how can one stop one's child from being selfish?
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by ifyalways(f): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2011
nonnyp:

how can one stop one's child from being selfish?
Selfish as in not wanting to share stuffs with other kids  undecided
How old is the child?
While you are at it,you might want to read :

http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/development/behavioral/selfish-behavior/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/27/health/webmd/main4389606.shtml
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Tgirl4real(f): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
Hey guys,

Thanks for d msgs. Have been busy dipping my hands in water and breastfeeding baby. lol

Have fun u all. cheesy
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by diyobdw(f): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
i found an interesting blog for moms, http://momscoopng.com/blog/ cool
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by versace400(m): 2:08am On Apr 12, 2011
Call me on 08038856861 if u have strong decoder 4650,4651,4652,4653,4661,4663,4664,4669x, 4669x11
that u want to upgrade or repair.Call me within ogun and oyo state
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by kingschuks: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
What Is Good Parenting?
Good parenting, to a high extent is based on common sense. At least it should be. If you want to raise your children with success, ask yourself as the life experienced person you are, which values do I want to transfer to them as a parent which are in accordance to my own, true values and beliefs? As parents we know that it is not always easy to raise our kids the way we know we should. As long as you are aware that the way you raise them day by day, will influence them for the rest of their lives, literally shaping their attitudes and personalities - your love to your kids will motivate you to do a good nurturing job. So your job as a parent is first and foremost to instill in them the values and attitudes that you know are important.

Good parents never put their children down
Good raising entails communicating with your children in a positive affirmative manner

ONE LOVE.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tgirl BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you honey! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

i know im late but accept my lateness cool

hope you both are super fine. thank God for safe delivery and less crying and more sleeping!

big warm welcome to the most rewarding,yet nerve racking, busiest 24/7 job,gosh  i cant do this anymore, no oh,  i can, world of motherhood.

tell her say, big aunty dey greet.

may she bring more joy, blessing, happiness to you and yours than you can ever imagine.

CONGRATS MY DEAR smiley
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Sissy~:

Tgirl BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you honey! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

i know im late but accept my lateness cool

hope you both are super fine. thank God for safe delivery and less crying and more sleeping!

big warm welcome to the most rewarding,yet nerve racking, busiest 24/7 job,gosh  i cant do this anymore, no oh,  i can, world of motherhood.

tell her say, big aunty dey greet.

may she bring more joy, blessing, happiness to you and yours than you can ever imagine.

CONGRATS MY DEAR smiley

Iyawo wa, I saw you online and I thought I was hallucinating!!

Chiee!! How far? Hope you dey kampe. kiss kiss
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
my people how una dey?

[size=2pt][s]merry xmas[/s[/size]], happy new year to you my dearies kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

miss you guys [size=3pt]so tey i come dey see you guys for my dreams every morning and afternoons [/size]embarassed embarassed

e be like say una do run comot this place eh kwa angry angry angry. oya make una come back sharp sharp cool cool cool
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Iyawo wa, I saw you online and I thought I was hallucinating!!

Chiee!! How far? Hope you dey kampe.  kiss kiss

mami how body? kiss kiss kiss kiss na me you see oh.

missed you my dear kiss kiss kiss

longest time embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Sissy~:

mami how body? kiss kiss kiss kiss na me you see oh.

missed you my dear kiss kiss kiss

LOL! Happy new year to you too.

After you left, everybody left too nau. netsose sef no dey show.

Tell me you got into the pediatrics school you were after.
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL! Happy new year to you too.

After you left, everybody left too nau. netsose sef no dey show.

sad sad sad sad make una come back nah

Ileke-IdI:
Tell me you got into the pediatrics school you were after.

that one na long stori!
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Sissy~:

sad sad sad sad make una come back nah

that one na long stori!

LOL!! Goodluck! wink
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On Apr 19, 2011
Lol grin grin grin grin

school phase don pass be dat
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 19, 2011
Na wetin?

You're never too old, abi [i]oko [/i]don make housewife out of you? Rara o, I no gree cheesy
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:53am On Apr 19, 2011
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Na you talk that one o grin grin
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Sissy3(f): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2011
what could be more scary to this baby than his mothers nose blowing? grin grin

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oxmRT2YWw[/flash]
Re: Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child by Busybody2(f): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2011
Hey, yo, yo , yo, happy New Year everyone *hic* it is the New Year and the 1st day of 2011 right embarassed because I know I can still hold my drinks *hic* tongue kiss kiss kiss

Ileke-idi, If i see you in that Politics section one more time ehn angry Why can't we find some other section to go make merry and derail to our hearts content, instead of that section that requires me to use my brain, which mind you i only just took out of the shrink wrap it came in and launched it and started using it this New Year angry I don't even know if i am using it the right way sef embarassed but i am definitely not bringing it to the Politics section, lest they wear it out for me. I only plan to use it for one month to preserve it tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (44) (Reply)

My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / He Started Smuching His Mother When He Was 4yrs Old. True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.