Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath (1580 Views)

15 Signs That Shows You Are Dating A Retired Prostitute (runs Girl) / 10 Signs That Shows Your Girlfriend Won't Marry You / Ten Features That Shows You Have Find A Real Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by PeterBall: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Could that amazing new person you or a loved one is dating actually be a sociopath? It's not as far-fetched as you might imagine. Of course, not all sociopaths are dangerous criminals. But they certainly can make life difficult, given that the defining characteristic of sociopathy is antisocial behavior.

Having An Oversized Ego
Sociopaths have an inflated sense of self. They are narcissists to the extreme, with a huge sense of entitlement. They tend to blame others for their own failures.

Lying And Exhibiting Manipulative Behavior. Sociopaths use deceit and manipulation on a regular basis. Why? They lie for the sake of lying. They lie just to see whether they can trick people. And sometimes they tell larger lies to get larger effects.

Exhibiting A Lack Of Empathy.
They don’t really have the meaningful emotional inner worlds that most people have and perhaps because of that they can't really imagine or feel the emotional worlds of other people. It’s very foreign to them.

Showing A Lack Of Remorse Or Shame Sociopaths lack remorse, guilt or shame.

Staying Eerily Calm In Scary Or Dangerous Situations.
A sociopath might not be anxious following a car accident, for instance. And experiments have shown that while normal people show fear when they see disturbing images or are threatened with electric shocks, sociopaths tend not to.

Behaving Irresponsibly Or With Extreme Impulsivity.
Sociopaths bounce from goal to goal, and act on the spur of the moment. They can be irresponsible when it comes to their finances and their obligations to other people.

Having Few Friends
Sociopaths tend not to have friends -- not real ones, anyway. Sociopaths don’t want friends, unless they need them. Or all of their friends are superficially connected with them -- friends by association.

Being Charming--But Only Superficially Sociopaths can be very charismatic and friendly -- because they know it will help them get what they want. They are expert con artists and always have a secret agenda. People are so amazed when they find that someone is a sociopath because they’re so amazingly effective at blending in. They’re masters of disguise. Their main tool to keep them from being discovered is a creation of an outer personality.

As M.E. Thomas described in a post for Psychology Today: "You would like me if you meet me. I have the kind of smile that is common among television show characters and rare in real life, perfect in its sparkly tooth dimensions and in the ability to express pleasant invitations."

Living By The "Pleasure Principle.
" If it feels good and they are able to avoid consequences, they will do it! They live their life in the fast lane -- to the extreme -- seeking stimulation, excitement and pleasure from wherever they can get it.

Showing Disregard For Societal Norms They break rules and laws because they don't believe society's rules to them.

Source: The Huffington Post | Article by Macrina Cooper-White
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by chibwike(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
After discovering that she is a sociopath, What should I do?
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by shaiba(f): 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
10 tinz sha...

My new book will soon be out titled "The Ten Things of This And That" grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by donholy28(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
chibwike:
Run! Run!! Run!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
chibwike:

No offense, but I don't think someone like you can notice he is dating a sociopathic lady.
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by chibwike(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Niklausa:

No offense, but I don't think someone like you can notice he is dating a sociopathic lady.
OK, missclassy

Have heard you
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by chibwike(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
donholy28:
Run! Run!! Run!!!
Lol, who will now date her
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by mizmagoretti(f): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
From nw on, no more relationships. Sociopaths on the prowl!
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by gabazin080(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thank God my girlfriend is not a sociopath but a psychopath
To those wondering I am coping with her,

My wayrey pass her own
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by IamLEGEND1: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Gurgle(f): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
yeah one of my friends is exactly like this, I had to escape from her mehn

this isn't a joke. If you see anybody like this just avoid them
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Krystalzkris(f): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
cc lalasticlala... Move am to fp..
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by valmunich(m): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
and yet another tailer-load of crap undecided
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by bqlekan(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
came to check if m dating one.... , No m not....Thanks.... bye
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by PeterBall: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
valmunich:
and yet another tailer-load of crap undecided

Why & how is it crap?
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
chibwike:
OK, missclassy

Have heard you

Huh ??
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
chibwike:
OK, missclassy

Have heard you

Huh ??
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by gabazin080(m): 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cc seun lalasticlala ishilove farano rocktation
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by chibwike(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
misssclassy:

Huh ??
What happened to your Niklausa account?
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2015
chibwike:
What happened to your Niklausa account?

What niklausa account?

Are you high?
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by MRpii(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2015
Now that you are back?
misssclassy:

What niklausa account?
Are you high?
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by khassy(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2015
PeterBall:
Could that amazing new person you or a loved one is dating actually be a sociopath? It's not as far-fetched as you might imagine. Of course, not all sociopaths are dangerous criminals. But they certainly can make life difficult, given that the defining characteristic of sociopathy is antisocial behavior.

Having An Oversized Ego
Sociopaths have an inflated sense of self. They are narcissists to the extreme, with a huge sense of entitlement. They tend to blame others for their own failures.

Lying And Exhibiting Manipulative Behavior. Sociopaths use deceit and manipulation on a regular basis. Why? They lie for the sake of lying. They lie just to see whether they can trick people. And sometimes they tell larger lies to get larger effects.

They don’t really have the meaningful emotional inner worlds that most people have and perhaps because of that they can't really imagine or feel the emotional worlds of other people. It’s very foreign to them.

A sociopath might not be anxious following a car accident, for instance. And experiments have shown that while normal people show fear when they see disturbing images or are threatened with electric shocks, sociopaths tend not to.

Sociopaths bounce from goal to goal, and act on the spur of the moment. They can be irresponsible when it comes to their finances and their obligations to other people.

Having Few Friends
Sociopaths tend not to have friends -- not real ones, anyway. Sociopaths don’t want friends, unless they need them. Or all of their friends are superficially connected with them -- friends by association.

Being Charming--But Only Superficially Sociopaths can be very charismatic and friendly -- because they know it will help them get what they want. They are expert con artists and always have a secret agenda. People are so amazed when they find that someone is a sociopath because they’re so amazingly effective at blending in. They’re masters of disguise. Their main tool to keep them from being discovered is a creation of an outer personality.

As M.E. Thomas described in a post for Psychology Today: "You would like me if you meet me. I have the kind of smile that is common among television show characters and rare in real life, perfect in its sparkly tooth dimensions and in the ability to express pleasant invitations."

" If it feels good and they are able to avoid consequences, they will do it! They live their life in the fast lane -- to the extreme -- seeking stimulation, excitement and pleasure from wherever they can get it.

Showing Disregard For Societal Norms They break rules and laws because they don't believe society's rules to them.

I do all of them... does that mean lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by Gurgle(f): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2015
khassy:

I do all of them... does that mean lipsrsealedlipsrsealed

yes, it does

get psychological and spiritual treatment before you ruin every relationship you have
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by chibwike(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
misssclassy:

What niklausa account?
Are you high?
undecided
Re: Top 10 Signs That Shows You Are In A Relationship With A Sociopath by EmraanHasanAnik(m): 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
PeterBall:

Having An Oversized Ego

Having Few Friends

(1) (Reply)

7 Messages You Can Pass To Your Partner With A Kiss / Y Do Most Beautiful Ladies Smell Bad / Why Would A Guy Want To Have Se.x With A Girl Without Any Commitment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.