Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons (99015 Views)

Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo / Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by WATERLee1: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=tunnamania11 post=36567872][/quote] may Allah broaden ur knowledge. Jazakumullah kair
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by haytripple(m): 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
The man is really confused. When he claimed islam is the only way, which God was helping him when he was settling people free frm bondage when he was a christian? From what he said one could really deduce that he knows that God answers christian n christian is a true religion. Only God knws y he changed bt am very sure there's smt behind it n he's nt telling us..the man shd be called THE CONFUSED ONE......
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by oba2flex(m): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Dollyak:
ALIAMBIDILAI. I love smart pastors grin.
Typo error or Is that how u meant to type it
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by onetrack(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
mranswer:
The Quran explicitly forbids killing. Whosoever kills a human being for Murder or Creating Mischief in the Land, it is as if he had killed the whole of Human Kind and whoso saved the life of one as if he has saved the life of all Mankind The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 5, Verse 12

It's actually Quran 5:32, and it's a bit different than what you wrote.

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely."

The problem with this is that the phrase 'corruption done in the land' is so broad and vague that Boko Haram can use this verse to attack even other Muslims by simply claiming that these other Muslims are spreading corruption in the land and may be killed. So this verse actually serves the terrorists' interests.
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Grahamjnr(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
chemystery:

Christians are only interested in converting a christian from church A to church B.
In other news, here are things people often want to convert to...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2643787_screenshot20150718164802_png7c8700673ece2d671ddbab544b7c45aa
Conversion to Christianity is not ambiguous hence you do not need a google to tell you how. Just believe in Jesus Christ and you are save!

1 Like

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by sphinx71: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
There is nothing wrong with following your lntuition. After all, it's a basic fundamental right.
Wishing him well
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by saudatu(m): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jarus:
I'm a Muslim and it is natural to feel happy for a man that joins the fold of my religion which I believe is the path to salvation (if I don't have the conviction, I wont practice it).

But I'm usually cautious with dream-based conversion, or indeed dream-based spiritual decisions in general, for two reasons.

1, It is subject to abuse. Anyone can claim he dreams that Islam is not the way and leaves Islam. If our argument for this kind of "favourable news" is based on dream, how do we counter or disprove one that "dreams" the opposite?

2, From my understanding of Islam, I know there are dreams. In fact, the Prophet (PBUH) was reported to have said there are 3 kinds of dream: good dreams from Allah, bad dreams from shaytan and dreams that are just a reaction to fantasies or what we think about (e.g, while awaiting my WAEC result, I can dream of seeing results).

It can be dangerous to rely on dream as we have seen many Muslims get misguided by dreams. I, for one, believe solatul fatih is a bid'ah (pardon me, non-Muslims, Muslims should be able to relate to this), but the initiator claims to have received it as a dream, that he saw "Prophet Muhammad" in his dream and he taught him. This goes contrary to what is well known that there is no addition to the deen after the prophet's death. As a matter of fact, shaytan (or his agents - shayatins) can disguise and mislead people in forms of dreams. I have seen this happen to people.

So what happens if this man comes back tomorrow and says he has dreamt again that Islam is not the way?

That is why I approach cases like this with caution. That said, since good dreams are from Allah, I find this acceptable - with caution, again.

My favourite basis of conversion is when someone sits down, studies the faith he is practicing vis a viz Islam and makes decision, not based on stupid wordly things we hear these days (like which one will make me richer, which people dress better, which one has adherents that pass exams more, which one has more doctors and which one has more motor park touts etc), but comparing the foundation, the kernel of each religion and arriving at superior. I did this in my coming of age (period when you question what you were born with and begin to search for truth - 2002-2003, for me) period too, and I found the foundation, the message of Islam incontrovertibly convincing. Hence, my firm choice.

! Allah reward you Abundantly
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by umba(m): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Is a God guidance, welcome to new way of life brother.
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Dav24(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
This man is never a pastor, nor a christian. he knows very well that christianity does not permit putting secret pots in church premises. If i may ask him, what was the function of that eastern pot? his explanation alone has already revealed his real identity as a pure traditionalist hiding under a church banner to decieve weak souls.

2 Likes

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by missKiffy(f): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Miss Fish. grin
Waever
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by tonychristopher: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
danjumakolo:

Islam and quran does not hate other religions.It's the Muslims that have deviated from the true teachings.

Hope this helps.

and the Muslims are practising what is in koran and hadith

I think there should be amendment in Islam especially the portion of people of the book
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Iamdipson:

You won't lack anything good.

Amen

You too bro
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by tonychristopher: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
danjumakolo:

Bros you are the one who have abused the ndigbos by your concept about them

bro I have been around nairaland and if you know me very well I am too igbotic to abuse Igbo just that I stated the obvious and I repeat it

it is very very rare to see an Igbo me Muslim and I have not seen and any Igbo that converts willingly and I doubt as an Igbo man its business and they are just Muslim in lips but in their heart they are Christians

you can take this to the bank

1 Like

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by ohiMuk: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Built2last:
This is the reason ''core north'' never take Yoruba muslims serious. They never allow them lead prayers up north.

watch how he will convert to christianity very soon. I am aware that if an Igbo man converts to Islam, its about the money but for the Yorubas...i simply cant tell of the confusion.

and if you investigate his family, there is Islamic lineage or father is Christian and mother is core muslim

The confusion is in HD --Smh
ur comment doesnt make sense
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
interesting

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Ajibolatao(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
chiedu7:
NO WONDER NA WHITE GARMENT PRIEST EIN BE.

CHERUBIM AND SERAPHIM CHURCH IS NOT A CHURCH OF GOD

HE WOULD SOON STRAP ON A BOMB.

THE MUMU LEFT JESUS THAT CLEARLY STATE THAT THE EARTH IS ROUND

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;

TO GO AND JOIN ALLAH THAT SAY'S THE EARTH IS FLAT.

SEE EDUCATED MEN SAYING THAT THE EARTH IS FLAT BECOS THE QUORAN SAY'S SO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84g2KJcUV0

Quran doesn't say the earth is flat. You should have posted the verse and meanwhile there is difference BTW circle and spherical. The earth is spherical not circular.
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Alajiki(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
superior1:
Most C&S churches practice what can be called Chrislam (a fussion of Islam, occult and Christianity based on the 7 books of moses), he was never a Christian

Chai! Christians and funny excuses!
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Eluwilussit(m): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
superior1:
Most C&S churches practice what can be called Chrislam (a fussion of Islam, occult and Christianity based on the 7 books of moses), he was never a Christian

Never!

1 Like

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by sketcherJ(m): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
This man made d mistake of his life..he was never a true christian,he even said bible supports marrying more dan 1 wives..I teach in a muslim school but I am a xtian..I am surprised at how deluded this people are!!I am always like are u blinded to d light?jesus is d only way!!!!!!!!!
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by sketcherJ(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Muslims go and ask ur alfas beg dem to tell u d truth..beg ur dad or mom to tell u d truth..dey all know..dey know d way..dey know..I know dey know
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
madridguy:
Surah Nasr comes to my mind :

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Idha ja a nasr Ullahi wa-l-fathu
Wa ra'ait an-nasa yadkhuluna fi din-Illahi afwaja
Fa-sabbih bi-hamdi Rabbi-ka wa-staghfir-hu
Inna-hu kana tawwaba

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh
And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops,
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

Islam Will Conquer the World .

ALLAHU AKBAR

The bolded is what I don't understand.
That statement doesn't sound right at all.

No religion can conquer the world

And you still wonder why terrorists are killing people in the name of your religion Huh?
The bolded is the answer!
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by scopiicaar: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=tunnamania11 post=36567872][/quote] dat theory doesn't apply to my palm coz d later be no join at all.......
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by alismak85(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
madridguy:
Surah Nasr comes to my mind :

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Idha ja a nasr Ullahi wa-l-fathu
Wa ra'ait an-nasa yadkhuluna fi din-Illahi afwaja
Fa-sabbih bi-hamdi Rabbi-ka wa-staghfir-hu
Inna-hu kana tawwaba

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh
And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops,
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

Islam Will Conquer the World .

ALLAHU AKBAR
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Welcome to the right path. You shall never go astray again
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by walyx(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
he is a C&S pastor so am nt suprise. thr doctrine includes part christianity nd islam. most of c&s do celebrate both christian nd muslim festivals.
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by arobest10(m): 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
Good luck to him. There is no theology that really make much sense to me as I feel that religion is man-made. However,i can NEVER be muslim. If Islam is the way then let me rot in hell. angry
u won't rot in hell insah Allah, may Almighty Allah DoTheNeedful in ur life(amin)

1 Like

Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by jlauren2006: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by jlauren2006: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
I wonder how the church member and other pastor will feel on the strange Madness.
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by madridguy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
You misquote me.

Joavid:

The bolded is what I don't understand.
That statement doesn't sound right at all.

No religion can conquer the world

And you still wonder why terrorists are killing people in the name of your religion Huh?
The bolded is the answer!
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by Godsonkemz(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
Moonlight tales
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by galadima77(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Built2last:
This is the reason ''core north'' never take Yoruba muslims serious. They never allow them lead prayers up north.

watch how he will convert to christianity very soon. I am aware that if an Igbo man converts to Islam, its about the money but for the Yorubas...i simply cant tell of the confusion.

and if you investigate his family, there is Islamic lineage or father is Christian and mother is core muslim

The confusion is in HD --Smh

what if i told u the imam of the masjid (mosque) where fmr governor Aliyu of Niger state prays is a Yoruba man. Would i be correct to say u lied or spoke from what u av no knowledge of?
Re: Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons by ojkalito(m): 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
from frying pan 2 fire

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.