Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari (39650 Views)

11 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Detained In Kuje Prison Under President / Nigerian Airforce Under President Buhari (Photos) / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2015
arent88:
oga u are really doing a disservice to the word patriot,i see no wrong abt how you go abt ur daily business but i urge u to pls use the right word when calling on your supporters which i think should be pdp supporters.u insult our sensibilities whenever u use that word patriot,there is nothing patriotic abt waking up everyday to attack every single moves ur government makes.

that is what opposition does, don't act like u don't know
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Chiaka(f): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2015
DSS is an APC member! he is simply used to do dirty works!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Toktee:
Mr bar-canista,your role as a chief wailer is to counter thread that favoured Apc administration,my question is,why don't you reply the hefty allegation made against Jimoh ibrahim?
why don't you open a thread to counter list of debtors published and made public by the banks?
why don't you countre the thread on the success of the military in recent days?
you have not told us anything about the remover of some pdp lawmakers in delta state,why?
you have not say anything about the rejection of dollar deposit by banks?
you have not say anything about the increased in power supply?
you are a joke and a hypocrite,a noise maker and an attention seeker.
wail on.
He doesn't show face in good news threads. He prays silently for bad news in the hope that his defection will be justified.

God pass the enemies of Nigeria. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

This boy, you just like to dey fool yourself around forming analyst.

The desperation to remain relevant on this forum is too obvious for all to see.

Kpele. Sorry.

grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]

he's more relevant than all your APC chipmunks combined. Spot the difference - u attack his threads with insults; he counters yours with utmost diplomacy. Comparing u both is like comparing a motor-park tout with a noble soldier. get a life and stop gloating sheepishly, u miserably inept vermin!

4 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mynd44: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

What skewed analysis are you putting forth on discovery of bullet proof cars and Guns in Dasuki's residents.

1. Dasuki was NSA 24 hours before the search warrant.

2. Dasuki was never given notice before relieving him of duties (he has by law at least one week to return items at his disposal)

3. The Security guards attached to Dasuki were still not withdrawn by the authorities hence the armors which Dasuki testified belongs to the Security agencies attached to him.
1. And the fact that he is NSA means he has the right to 5 bulletproof cars? You do realize that the DSS also have to issue a permit before you can even own one and if Mr Dasuku could not provide evidence of ownership, it is suspect

2. He has one week yes. But explain this is a man who is being investigated for crimes which includes but not limited to high treason. You expect them to leave the guns or overlook them?

3. No security agency will issue you 5 bulletproof cars. The rifles seized were not official rifles of the soldiers protecting him.

You guys should at least make this a tad bit challenging

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2015
vedaxcool:

No as I have shown the DSS can enforce any law of the land,

Mandate

The mission of the SSS is to protect and defend the Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to both federal and state law-enforcement organs. The SSS is also charged with the protection of the President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, State Governors, their immediate families, other high ranking government officials, past presidents and their spouses, certain candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, and visiting foreign heads of state and government. The SSS has constantly adapted to various roles necessitated by evolving security threats in Nigeria including counter-terrorism and counter-insurgent
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Security_Service_%28Nigeria%29

The secret services in America also has the power to investigate financial crimes.
where in your wiki quote did it stipulate that it is the duty of the DSS to investigate economic and financial crimes. Oh it was in the part after the wiki quote. And also the SSS in America has no business investigating Financial crimes, that is the duty of the financial crimes division of the FBI.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

THIS!
You're obviously ashamed of what your commander in chief has produced this time too! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2015
My anger angry is that $2.1 billion loan taken by Buhari to 'rebuild' a Northeast that was destroyed by Northerners & is still being destroyed by Northerners that will be repayed by my TAX & Southern oil monies.
WHAT RUBBISH! angry

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2015
vedaxcool:

Mr. Man do your research instead of relyin on Barcanista misguidance
Mr man you should do your research well. There is something called Jurisdiction and then another called Separation of powers. Learn when free lectures are given instead of rushing to browse information you can't comprehend

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:

You're obviously ashamed of what your commander in chief has produced this time too! cheesy
[/s]
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2015
arent88:
oga u are really doing a disservice to the word patriot,i see no wrong abt how you go abt ur daily business but i urge u to pls use the right word when calling on your supporters which i think should be pdp supporters.u insult our sensibilities whenever u use that word patriot,there is nothing patriotic abt waking up everyday to attack every single moves ur government makes.

If APC Supporters on Nairaland known to be sympathizers and mouthpiece of Bokoharam were called progressives and you never complained then I put it to you that you are a hypocrite for complaining about a nomenclature given to opposition supporters critiquing the policies and the actions of the Government and its agencies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2015
PassingShot:

You're obviously ashamed of what your commander in chief friend has produced this time too! cheesy

Goodmorning Pshot.
I hope you slept well?

Wait, what do you understand by the word "THIS!"?

Let me expatiate...

It means that that is the crux of the matter for me.
So tell me, what's there to be ashamed about?

Biko, I'm not in the mood to do activism for now.
FYI, I endorse this thread 137% and I am proud of Him....CWM.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mynd44: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

If APC Supporters on Nairaland known to be sympathizers and mouthpiece of Bokoharam were called progressives and you never complained then I put it to you that you are a hypocrite for complaining about a nomenclature given to opposition supporters critiquing the policies and the actions of the Government and its agencies.
It is not cool to call people sympathizers and mouth pieces of terrorists.

Not cool at all
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Good Morning.
Awaiting Replysmiley
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

Goodmorning Pshot.
I hope you slept well?

Wait, what do you understand by the word "THIS!"?

Let me expatiate...

It means that that is the crux of the matter for me.
So tell me, what's there to be ashamed about?

Biko, I'm not in the mood to do activism for now.
FYI, I endorse this thread 137% and I am proud of Him....CWM.
I dey laaaaafffffuuuuuuuuuu o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by olapluto(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2015
Threads like this make one shy away from commenting on NL. The obvious ignorance displayed makes one wonder if one truly should join in the conversation.
1. DSS vs armed guards. Is it right for an individual to keep soldiers as armed guards, which he used against the state in resisting a lawful warrant?The soldiers did not stand down till a call came in from their superior. Should something like this happen in a democratic state? What if Dasuki ordered the soldiers to fire at the DSS officials? Is that not national security in danger?
2. DSS and DPR/PPMA. If there is one item that can be used as a revolt against any government in Nigeria, it is the petrol. Now if hoarding of such fuel has become endemic, to the extent of instigating people against the government (PDP being the chief instigator), does that not contribute to threat to national security?
The two points above are credible domestic threats, same as hoarding of foreign currency, even as far as owing banks a large sum of money.
Lastly, Barcanista is becoming watery in his arguments by the day. It is inevitable that when you try to find faults where there isnt any, you will start sounding ignorant. DSS should be the agency that extrapolates threats. It may look innocent actions to people like us, but if they see it as having potential of growing to threatening national security, they have to nip it in the bud.

8 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2015
PassingShot:

I dey laaaaafffffuuuuuuuuuu o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Enjoy your day!

Na you sabi undecidedundecidedundecided

A blessed today awaits you BTW.
Because you are blessing.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

Boko haram is funded somehow and that is a financial crime. Should that be left to the EFCC?
Dasuki was the NSA, if there is one person who can compromise the internal security of the country its him. Security is a complex subject and the margins are thin.
Like you said, the DSS ignored boko haram and the country is paying the price. Don't you think its time they start being pro active?
Investigation if financial crimes is solely the responsibility if the EFCC and ICPC. Discovery of foreign currencies does not translate to sponsoring of terrorism activities. There are so many people in Nigeria who can and are directly or indirectly hampering state security, not just Dasuki alone. Security is a complex subject so therefore the DSS should not singularize it
Like I said the failure of the DSS came in its inability to identify the Boko Haram "after" it had become a terrorist organization, not before. In fact it was the over indulgence and overzealous antics of the police that began the menace. Its late founder was wrongly arrested, read up in it
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 9:11am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

You see why I say we are in problem in this country? Since when did DSS share overlap function with EFCC? Is DSS ever mandated at any time to tackle economic and financial crimes? What them is the role of EFCC's sister agancy (ICPC)? My friend what you are doing is promoting impunity and illegality. Perhaps, you don't knw that the DSS is restricted by law to perform a specific task and not to serve as the alternative police, army, efcc, icpc, court etc. Na wa o
lol..am sorry guy..austere times calls for aaustere measures!!...nd please is DSS breaking d law?

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

It is not cool to call people sympathizers and mouth pieces of terrorists.

Not cool at all

Pls don't be a hypocrite. Ngeneukwenu aka Cleverly created a thread accusing PDP of sponsoring Bokoharam but I didn't see you reprimand him (it's not 'her') https://www.nairaland.com/2489539/no-bomb-gone-off-since

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by olapluto(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
Investigation if financial crimes is solely the responsibility if the EFCC and ICPC. Discovery of foreign currencies does not translate to sponsoring of terrorism activities. There are so many people in Nigeria who can and are directly or indirectly hampering state security, not just Dasuki alone. Security is a complex subject so therefore the DSS should not singularize it
Like I said the failure of the DSS came in its inability to identify the Boko Haram "after" it had become a terrorist organization, not before. In fact it was the over indulgence and overzealous antics of the police that began the menace. Its late founder was wrongly arrested, read up in it
A very ignorant statement.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vecman22(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

You sound pained.... grin grin grin

Barcamumu most chop dat is why his doing all this his doing,Nl is d mumu's office...

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots
why not call me, to come and defend u, none of they can help u on this, d write up is dead on arrival

4 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mynd44: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2015
AprokoMan:

So if one person decides to be a child (because that's what that OP did there) you should also be a child?

What's the point?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

One person taking advantage of customers is not a federal crime or one for the DSS(debatable but for this case, lets accept that) but a group of people colliding to hike the prices of an essential commodity which if gets out of hand will affect every part of the socio-economic lives of the people is a national security affair.
Cartel /noun: a group of seperate companies that agree to increase profits by fixing prices and not competing with each other
This is an economic ,not a security affair. The best way of handling such a issue was that which was used by the previous administration. And this is by breaking the Barriers to entry into a monopolistic market. By increasing the numbers of marketers in such a market. This would lead to alteration of the accepted rules of the market and in the long run force prices down. The hard way is not the only way
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:20am On Aug 04, 2015
In the fullness of time, the hunter will become the hunted...

Nigerians are no foooool…

The earlier Buhari leads within the law of the land and not resorts to vendetta, the better for his government.

Discriminatory, vindictive and divisive government of Alhaji Mohamodu Buhari will surely have a repercussion.

Vindictive government anywhere in the world never succeed.

To the praise singers, I hail you…. “Won ti fi ori yin gba paro’….
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
Mr man you should do your research well. There is something called Jurisdiction and then another called Separation of powers. Learn when free lectures are given instead of rushing to browse information you can't comprehend
you shouldn't have bothered replying him.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

So if one person decides to be a child (because that's what that OP did there) you should also be a child?

What's the point?

Just saying. if u want to play that diplomacy, pls make it all-rounded

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
No, the EFCC is not the only body charged with investigating financial crimes. Even the police has a fraud unit. By law, the DSS is empowered to investigate any crime that can compromise the internal security of the country.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by rusher14: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2015
Toktee:
Mr bar-canista,your role as a chief wailer is to counter thread that favoured Apc administration,my question is,why don't you reply the hefty allegation made against Jimoh ibrahim?
why don't you open a thread to counter list of debtors published and made public by the banks?
why don't you countre the thread on the success of the military in recent days?
you have not told us anything about the remover of some pdp lawmakers in delta state,why?
you have not say anything about the rejection of dollar deposit by banks?
you have not say anything about the increased in power supply?
you are a joke and a hypocrite,a noise maker and an attention seeker.
wail on.

This is too much now!!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by zicoraads: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:
1. Dasuki's case was one bordering on National security and they went with a warrant. It was during the search they discovered the cars. You might know (I don't think you know anyway) that to own a bulletproof car, you must have been cleared by all National security agencies including the DSS. So they were well within their constraints

2. Still Dasuki. They found on him high powered rifles which no one would have issued licence for. What is that, national security or what?

3. When oil marketers went on strike, the country was all but shut down. I think it is fair if we call our energy sector a national security one. In the USA, the FBI are called in issues of Economics that might threaten internal security or a cartel purposely hiking prices

4. Stop being a clown. When the DSS was used to escort electoral materials, you did not know you were also going to have them involved all through?

5. This is hilarious. The DSS can actually go into any crime scene they want and it is then their choice on whether to intervene or not. No arrests were made and they left them to their issues.

You people make this too easy
You are the one who is making it too easy.

1. Isn't it ironic that what the DSS claimed to have went in for suddenly changed? Why didn't they tell the whole world the 'National Security' issues that necessitated the search? Was the search about bullet proof cars or national security issues as was claimed? The bullet proof cars was the most insane cover up ever, and as usual, the gullible ones fell for it hook, line and sinker. I am still waiting for the DSS to provide evidence of the national security issues that warranted storming Dasuki's residence, until then, it was a clear case of witch hunt. Ownership of bullet proof cars does not equate to threatening national security. Even kids of the super rich drive those cars in Abuja.

2. The DPR also has an investigative arm. The FBI and the DSS have different functions. Stop using an American agency like the FBI to give credence to what the DSS did. The FBI has a more far reach than the DSS. As far as we know, the DPR didn't deem the marketers as threatening national security for the DSS to have intervened. What simply happened was a clear case of the President bypassing the DPR to order his brother in the DSS, whom he trusts, to carry out the functions of the DPR.

3. This boy...escorting electoral materials doesn't give them the authority to 'see it all through'. Is arresting electoral frauds and cheats a job for the DSS? What then is the job of the Police? The DSS has no job with these arrests. Does an electoral offence equate to threatening national security? Na wa ooo! Remember when the APC went to court to ask the courts to stop the FG from using the Army and the DSS for election purposes? They did that because it is not the responsibility of the DSS. And didn't the court grant them their prayers? Why then is it suddenly right to use them as arresting officers. It is wrong in all ramifications. Stop trying to justify it.

4. Young man...go and read up on the roles and responsibilities of the DSS. So, based on your own reasoning, if a burglar enters my house, the DSS can also visit the scene of the crime? Or, if there is a hit and run? Since they 'can visit any crime scene'.

Kai! Mynd44 cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Released Kabiru Sokoto? - HURIWA To Buhari / APC Wins Ekiti South Senatorial District – Official Result / Acheju Salome Abuh Buried In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.