Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari (39644 Views)

11 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Detained In Kuje Prison Under President / Nigerian Airforce Under President Buhari (Photos) / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2015
shaqhead:
@hinwazaka
As mch as I dnt what ur debate is with Azed1, why mentioned him was becos of d reference to the DSS website. My position is simple and it is that facts speak for themselves and the facts on the DSS website answers all the questions the OP throwed up-one word, JURISDICTION!

It is clearly stated on d site that the DSS has no jurisdictional limitations as they are allowed by LAW to get involved in any case that they deem a security threat jst like the FBI of the US and that puts an end to the OPs submissions and evry other argument on this specifically!
Go and witness what happens to a lawyer that holds up the Nigerian constitution for the judge to see, without defending his position. And FYI: there is a term known as abuse of the constitution
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
I won't be surprised to see Buhari adopt the method.

This is not 1984, if that's his intention I can see him going the way he went in 1985.
He managed 18months last time, he won't stay that long this time around.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:29am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The courts are not greater than the constitution. The DSS doesn't need to approach a court to commence an investigation. Remember they went to Dasuki's house with a warrant. Why did the judge/magistrate sign the warrant if the DSS didn't have jurisdiction?
The courts interpret the constitution and use of it. The DSS need to obey the dictates of the constitution according to the courts. A judge gave them a warrant according to his own intepretation of the constitution. This doesn't mean its the entire judicary's stance on it
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

Good Morning.
Awaiting Replysmiley

He is yet to attend to the mail.

It seems he is not yet ready to commit himself towards the initiative while I am of the opinion that he should take responsibility for whatever be the outcome of the exercise.

Until then, no deal.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2015
socialmediaman:

Wrong. Many people are under watch, even as they are serving within the government in sensitive positions. Infact, people serving with the government in sensitive places are more watched than others, it's possible that even the administration before Buhari placed Dasuki under watch before its tenure expired.
He was under surveillance by the same DSS he was heading? Who was in charge of the surveillance, and what agency were they operating under
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

Hat is the problem with some of you? Where in the Wiki-source did you see power over financial and economic crimes? In fact, DSS only swoop in when there is a clear case that monies generated from financial crimes is used to fund terrorism..this will be after EFCC has done their job and agreed to bring in DSS. Haba!

You said secret services in America but is Nigeria's DSS working with American laws? Does America have EFCC and ICPC? Why mdraw parallels where there is none? Or will you say Osinbajo is to be the Senate President because US laws gives the VP to be the Senate President?

Bros didn't u see where wiki stated enforce criminal laws of Nigeria?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2015
shaqhead:

This folks are irredeemable! Barcanista is jst doin his job of selling stale agidi as Shawarma and som ppl wl eat out hate for ds government.

Hws ur day goin bro?
I'm good thanks.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by socialmediaman: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
He was under surveillance by the same DSS he was heading? Who was in charge of the surveillance, and what agency were they operating under

I don't know, but you could ask Arase's boss (former IG) who was in charge of whatever was used to nail him out of office.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by FearGodinall: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2015
vedaxcool:

Mandate

The mission of the SSS is to protect and defend the Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to both federal and state law-enforcement organs. The SSS is also charged with the protection of the President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, State Governors, their immediate families, other high ranking government officials, past presidents and their spouses, certain candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, and visiting foreign heads of state and government. The SSS has constantly adapted to various roles necessitated by evolving security threats in Nigeria including counter-terrorism and counter-insurgent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Security_Service_%28Nigeria%29

Sorry but your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens, You will have to struggle hard to regain you numero uno spot from pirepire who seem to holding the top position as Nairaland undisputed Chief Wailer, now lets look at your weak points:

Sambo actions bothered on harming national security by diversion of funds meant for weapons, a role that NSA should never play as NSA is an advisory function not an operational one, SS might have intelligence of Dasuki negative role with such diverted funds.

Dasuki tried instigating a crisis between the Nigerian Army and the SS, by ordering army officers to prevent SS officers from entering his compound despite being served a search warrant, the DSS merely stated that he was not entitled to army officers, the SS is in no position to draft soldiers rather it stated a well know fact that Dasuki was abusing privileges not meant for him. So what point were you trying to make? Zilch!

[b]3. Playing The Role of Department of Petroleum Resources:

The DPR is statutorily mandated to monitor marketers to ensure that they don't take advantage of consumers of PMS and other products. But a Vanguard report suggest that DSS is the new sheriff in town.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/breaking-news-pump-price-hike-dss-takes-over-monitoring-of-fuel-distribution/[/b]

of course in the service of lies barcanista is allowed to twist every fact and turn every truth on its head, DSS can enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria.

One lie at a time please, DSS raided APC data centre was what again to you? http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171770-why-we-invaded-apc-data-centre-in-lagos-sss.html as indicated earlier DSS can enforce criminal laws of Nigeria, so it is within their mandate, but they have no right to torture anybody, some that Jonathan condoned on APC officials arrested in the DSS raids at the APC data centre.

[b]
Sorry how thousands of DSS officials did Jonathan deploy for elections in Ekiti again?

DSS can enforce the criminal laws of Nigeria and prevent any attempt to breakdown the laws of the country. Internal struggle of PDP has led to the delcaration of a state of emergency in EKiti so you no point when it comes to keeping National security and stability DSS is acting within the law to do so.

grin grin grin This guy is as clueless like Ebele, GEJ should demand a refund immediately
. Your defence make no sense at all. Please argue with fact in line with the constitution of Nigeria and not the other wat round.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Same way you and your crew are for the president and would swallow and support govt at every turn, hook, line, sinker.
I don't have a crew, i am a Nigerian and Nigeria is the only thing that matters, i don't care if its Buhari, chiwendu or Titilayo that makes Nigeria better.
Not everybody who comments on the politics section has a political leaning.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2015
FearGodinall:
. Your defence make no sense at all. Please argue with fact in line with the constitution of Nigeria and not the other wat round.

Read slowly my brother and you it will make sense to you.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
zicoraads:
Everyone knows that there is a strict restriction of movement on the eve and during election in Nigeria. The DSS, military, police etc. are often deployed during this period. Anyone caught by any of those agencies will be arrested. Do you expect them to allow you pass until you meet a police checkpoint? cheesy cheesy
Lai Muhammed was not just entering Osun State, he was in Oshobo. The DSS said he was not supposed to be in the state because he is not an indigene of the state. Does that make any sense?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
The courts interpret the constitution and use of it. The DSS need to obey the dictates of the constitution according to the courts. A judge gave them a warrant according to his own intepretation of the constitution. This doesn't mean its the entire judicary's stance on it
And the constitution says the DSS can investigate any crime/person it deems to be against the interest of National security.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by baralatie(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
heykims:
Mr Wailer, it is called inter-sectoral collaboration.
men ene?
OSI gini?
small small with the shift of grammar o!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2015
midolian:
sure, no one is an island. I must confess I admire his way of writing a lil..Buh his flaws these days far outweighs the sense in his posts. This may be owing to the fact that he impatiently tries as much as possible to criticize every step of this government to please his e-family. He is obviously not interested in growing in his profession. Now, trust me to have spoken without bias

You didn't speak without bias, save us the righteous sermon please. what u fail to understand, or deliberately ignore, is that as a member of the opposition party, the Op is by no means obliged to praise or commend the government in any way. His threads always come with clear analysis, and with links to support his arguments. and in all of this, he tries not to insult anybody, unlike your own people who would come here, abuse his life first before saying something about his thread. If truly you're not biased, you ought to have criticized him with your own proofs or evidence too instead of condemning him with his "flaws these days far outweigh the sense in his posts". that's bullshit!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't know, but you could ask Arase's boss (former IG) who was in charge of whatever was used to nail him out of office.
The previous IG was fired by the president and the reason was not disclosed to the public. Besides that was a goof of the past administration. I thought this was supposed to be an administration of change
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by shaqhead: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
Go and witness what happens to a lawyer that holds up the Nigerian constitution for the judge to see, without defending his position. And FYI: there is a term known as abuse of the constitution
Mr, I guess u r also a lawayer tryin to defend ur position and in any case diverse submissions are allowed in the court of law but ONLY a superior submission wt clear facts wins d case. AZed1 has gone back n forth wt u on ds and I wont go dt path wt u cos u wont get anytin different but like I said evrytin they OP raised boils down to one word-JURISDICTION. It is a clear FACT from the stated statutory functions on the DSS site that

The State Security Service shall be
charged with responsibility for:
a) The prevention and detection within
Nigeria of ANY crime against the
internal security of Nigeria.
Does the word "ANY" have Jurisdictional limits as clearly stated here? Jst answer this question and you wont b arguin unnecessarily!

The DSS mirrors the FBI of the US and u must have seen if u watch their crime movies where this "gross interference" is evident and other agencies have to give way! This is the real life scenario bn portrayed

The DSS is a SUPER POLICE-an umbrella security agency!

It is not in ur place or the OP's to determine the enormity of the crime for which they should get involve in.

On one hand u folks say it was failure of the DSS in being PROACTIVE that lead to advent of BokoHaram, which I agree wt but u shout blue murder when they get into "Police, EFCC, NDLEA, IMIGRATION" territory. If u agree wt the former, then u have to agree wt d latter that it is perfectly OK for the DSS to interface and even interfere wt other agencies responsibilities within d confines of d law!

Am done wt this...hv a nice day!

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

And the constitution says the DSS can investigate any crime/person it deems to be against the interest of National security.

And it's up to the courts, by the dictates of the constitution to decide if Dasuki's case constituted a crime against national security
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AprokoMan: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

I can see you have called your friends to come help you as with most of you here who cannot hold your own but rely on strength in numbers.

Let me give you a pointer, NL does not work like this. When you "tag" too many people, they will not be notified of the mention. They will only see it if/when they run a search but of course you people don't know.

That's very correct! I had to look up my mentions to see the tag
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:

And it's up to the courts, by the dictates of the constitution to decide if Dasuki's case constituted a crime against national security
They got a search warrant didn't they? So what are we arguing about? The court sided with them.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vicadex07(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:
DSS is an APC member! he is simply used to do dirty works!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Rose2014: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
arent88:
oga u are really doing a disservice to the word patriot,i see no wrong abt how you go abt ur daily business but i urge u to pls use the right word when calling on your supporters which i think should be pdp supporters.u insult our sensibilities whenever u use that word patriot,there is nothing patriotic abt waking up everyday to attack every single moves ur government makes.

Won't it be better to advise the govt to stop giving reasons to be attacked everyday?
Rather than trying to shut up those pointing out their errors

The way you guys hail every wrong move by this govt, u're not helping Buhari, believe me
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by philips70(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
which 7 years? Buhari will be shown the way out in 2019. But that is not the discussion of the day.

Barca, am ready to bet on my life PDP will not smell Aso Rock again and the current players will rule till at least 2023.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Komozua(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
It is well
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by femi4: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
@barcanista: As much as i disagree with you politically, I must say i respect your fighting spirit, even though you argue blindly most times. As far as am concerned, without you PDP is finished, at least here on Nairaland. cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Bazinga(m): 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
The function of DSS as defined by Section 2, sub-section 3 of the National Security Agencies Act, Cap. 74, 2004, is limited to crimes, actions that bothers on the internal security of the country such ie counter terrorism and counter insurgents (eg Boko Haram). Naturally, one expects the DSS under this administration to be more focussed on intelligence gathering, assist the military to end BH, apprehend masterminds of bombings, and fish out sect sponsors. Sadly, the DSS seem to be interested in playing the roles of other agencies(listed below) while neglecting theirs.

1. Playing The EFCC Role:
The EFCC was created to pursue, investigate and prosecute Economic and Financial crimes. However, the press conference by DSS after the search on Dasuki Sambo's house showed that the DSS is so much interested in EFCC's role.

2. Playing The Role of The Army HQ.
It is the duty of the Army to determine who deserves army guards as well as when to withdraw the army guards. However, the DSS seem to be crying more than the bereaved.

3. Playing The Role of Department of Petroleum Resources:
The DPR is statutorily mandated to monitor marketers to ensure that they don't take advantage of consumers of PMS and other products. But a Vanguard report suggest that DSS is the new sheriff in town.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/breaking-news-pump-price-hike-dss-takes-over-monitoring-of-fuel-distribution/

4. Playing The Role of Election Tribunal/Court:
When it comes to election matters, the tribunals/courts determines who wins and who loses, who rigged and who didn't, and who commits so-so offence. But the DSS is clearly interested in the job.

www.nigeriapoliticsonline.com/rigging-allegation-inec-boss-arrested-over-akwa-ibom-poll/

The Akwa Ibom REC was reported to have spent 13 days under the torture of DSS. It was also reported that the DSS invited and detained the INEC REC of Rivers state.

5. Playing The Role of The Police:
The Police is primarily mandated to ensure that there is no breakdown of law and order within Nigeria. However, the DSS is shown interest in their(Police) role when they(DSS) went to PDP National Secretarial in Abuja yesterday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/sss-storms-pdp-national-secretariat/

It is important to note that the DSS is yet to parade ANY Boko Haram suspect nor announce any grounding breaking operation with respect to the war against insurgents since May 29, 2015. We hope that the DSS will revert to their mandate and allow others do theirs especially at this time when their expertise is needed the most in the fight against terrorism.

May God Bless Us All

Barcanista u are mouthed. May God bless ur ministry. U sure are a wailing wailer with distinction. I like ur criticisms but when will u open a thread commending this govt for a right step taken? U only criticize

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by millionaireman: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
kliq:
Cheif E-Wailer how market na

Have it in mind that you have 7more years 10months left to wail...so do it sorfily sorfily so your wailing reservoir doesn't run dry cheesy

Wail-off

God bless Nigeria!

And what have you succeeded in saying? Is ignorance not bliss for you?

Somebody is pointing out how the Buhari you elected as president is drifting to dictatorship through the use of DSS boss, and your foooolish response is call the observant fellow a wailer. Wailing for what?

If Buhari is allowed to become a full-fledged dictator, very weak people like you are going to be on the first line of LOSERS.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by zik4ever: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
I love Nigeria my country. This is the same DSS that was accused of being pro-PDP/GEJ just few weeks back and some people even said the agency should be scrapped. Some of us have always said it that DSS will always serve whoever is the oga on top. It may not be always agreeable or palatable but it has always been and will likely remain so. To the best of my knowledge, no single officer of DSS has been sacked since the new DG was appointed so it is the same DSS and the same crop of officers and men that worked under GEJ that is still in the service doing all these. If you like appoint an insider or outsider, he will deliver the mandate of the boss -not that I necessarily agree it should be so oh! Before you come and insult me. The DSS has a wide latitude of powers and has the matchless advantage of secrecy in much of its operations hence those who know, know how to use them. I don’t see that changing for a long time. So whether you are APC or PDP, just admit that it serves you when it is your turn or your time. Please don’t come and form denial about this jor!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by goshen26: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
We are watching
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Idrismusty97(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Wasquad and all patriots
Oh how sad, This is what is left of the wailers sad. No more N100 per post?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by millionaireman: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
philips70:

Barca, am ready to bet on my life PDP will not smell Aso Rock again and the current players will rule till at least 2023.

Institutional Revolutionary Party ruled Mexico for about 70 years. In 2002 or so, Mexicans voted out the party for a coalition of opposition parties. The coalition barely finished its four years and Mexicans voted it out and returned Institutional Revolutionary Party.

PMB through his actions so far has made APC a far north (CPC-ANPP) party. But PDP continues to remain a party with presence all over Nigeria. By 2019, unless any southern group plays mumu again, Buhari or another APC candidate can't win.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Saao(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
kliq:
Cheif E-Wailer how market na

Have it in mind that you have 7more years 10months left to wail...so do it sorfily sorfily so your wailing reservoir doesn't run dry cheesy

Wail-off

God bless Nigeria!
did u read his point? why cant u engage in a productive debate instead of supporting impunity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

3 PDP Members Arrested By Soldiers In Rivers Rerun (pics) / Atiku Returns To Nigeria After Spending 7 Months In UAE / Edo Election: Ganduje Lands In Benin City For APC, Ize-Iyamu Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.