Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari (39637 Views)

11 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Detained In Kuje Prison Under President / Nigerian Airforce Under President Buhari (Photos) / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Wow!! bros you nailed it with the emboldened, flawless logic. I wonder why I've not been arrested, I could one day become a threat also.
They don't have your time yet. Be patient , don't try and jump the queue.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:

So it also the responsibility of DSS to investigate robbery? This is why I am saying that some of you are pathetic. Who handled the assassination investigation of Funso Williams, Bola Ige andothers? Why didnt aggriveved ApC SINators tell the DSS to investigate the alleged forgery of Senate rules? You see why I always say some of you are the problems of Nigeria? Do you even have any clue on the role of DSS, NIA and DMI? That some clowns petition DSS to investigate a job that is within the powers of EFCC, ICPC and Police does not justify DSS' impunity. Also the DSS went there to "maintain law and order" which is clearly the mandate of Police.

Fyi: DsS is not alternative police nor a superior one.

I think your specific problem appears to be doing research without applying common sense, though you are known to intentionally twist facts with deceptive intent.

Now, how do you expect me to be arguing this issue like I was in kindergarten? If the target of the robbery is a close person to the president who is in possession of security documents on the fight against insurgency, tell me why in the world the DSS shouldnt take over the robbery investigation? And what moral rights do you have as a citizen to question their involvement in matters which border on state security based on the sensitivity or magnitude?

3 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by shaqhead: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2015
zicoraads:
Shaqhead...I will take you advice seriously. With a dictator cum 'democrat' in power, you just might never know when you will find yourself in an underground cell for airing your views cheesy cheesy
Of course u should take it seriously cos when u cross d boundary between freedom of speech and National Security, the DSS wl come knocking cos theres Just a thin line between both. This I kno, so hav no fear for me. Am safe! Be guided!

Anywy since u ddnt respond to d meat of what I said, I wl assume that the facts have sunk in and any other contrary comment from you and your ilks on ds misinformation by Barcanista wl just be another but worthless rant from the Wailers though within the boundaries of freedom of speech. Have a Nice day!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2015
shaqhead:
As AzeD1 has said, on the DSS website it is clearly stated what the statutory powers of the DSS are which should credibly suffice instead the half-baked interpretation by a Barcanista
Read the following excerpts
The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following:
a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
(EFCC and ICPC business abi, yes they have such powers!)

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all matters of national security interest; and such other functions as may from time to time be as assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.The operations of the State Security Service may arise out of tasking directed personally by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; the National Defense and Security. Council; the National Security Adviser; the Intelligence Community Committee (ICC) or the Joint Intelligence Board (JIB) subject to ratification by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces where considered necessary or desirable.

For the-purpose of facilitating the discharge of its functions under this Instrument, personnel of the State Security Service are hereby conferred with the powers of a Superior Police Officer in respect of searches and arrests.
(Searches and Arrests? Yes they can do that too!)

The State Security Service is empowered to:

RESPONSIBILITY

The State Security Service shall be charged with responsibility for:

a) The prevention and detection within Nigeria of ANY crime against the internal security of Nigeria:
(Please read that slowly. It says ANY Crime right?-meaning u can't box them, that is, they can go into any Jurisdiction-drugs, financial corruption, terrorism, Yahoo tinz, e.t.c!

c) Such other responsibilities affecting internal security within Nigeria as the National Assembly or the President: as the case may be:may deem necessary
(As the case may be deemed necessary)

https://dss.gov.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/49?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7150153833

So Barca and hinwazaka, zicoraads if ur serial attempts at twisting facts for misfinformation becomes an issue wt d DSS...hmm..get ready to scrible ur name on d wall of one of DSS dungeons!
This is a debate not a lecture. You have to beyond every doubt prove your opinion. It's not enough for a prosecuting attorney to have the murder weapon and a suspect, he has to show clearly the correlation between the murder weapon and the suspect. Azed's reply is synonymous with a mischievous final year student who copies his project, but upon presenting it, fails to defend it. His error will not be in the authenticity of his report, but rather will lie in his inability to deliver it . Azed has said nothing
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by midolian(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros I dey kamkpe, those sharing his post with you are actually doing you a favour. You can't go to a barcanista thread and not learn a thing or two.
sure, no one is an island. I must confess I admire his way of writing a lil..Buh his flaws these days far outweighs the sense in his posts. This may be owing to the fact that he impatiently tries as much as possible to criticize every step of this government to please his e-family. He is obviously not interested in growing in his profession. Now, trust me to have spoken without bias

3 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2015
This is very ridiculous. Have you ever seen or heard that DSS investigates robbery? What is the job of the police especially FCID department? Do you have any idea that even the EFCC and ICPC restrains themselves to their individual mandate? Have you seen the EFCc perform the role of Code of Conduct? So what is your point exactly? That section of Economic crimes that may affect National Security has to do with cases where looted funds are traced to be used in sponsoring terrorism or treason. Do you get that?
AZeD1:

If the DSS feels the robbery is a threat to national security, it is there responsibility to investigate it. They have blanket powers within Nigeria. All they have to do is to come up with a reason no matter how stupid and they are covered by the law.

c) Such other responsibilities affecting internal security within Nigeria as the National Assembly or the President: as the case may be:may deem necessary
The bold part is from the DSS website, note the part that says "as the case may deem necessary".
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:

Dasuki was not seen as a threat a weak before his retirement. But became one, the day his successor took over

Wrong. Many people are under watch, even as they are serving within the government in sensitive positions. Infact, people serving with the government in sensitive places are more watched than others, it's possible that even the administration before Buhari placed Dasuki under watch before its tenure expired.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

They don't have your time yet. Be patient , don't try and jump the queue.

The predicted "Police state" is about to become real, no more freedom of thought or freedom of expression.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
This is very ridiculous. Have you ever seen or heard that DSS investigates robbery? What is the job of the police especially FCID department? Do you have any idea that even the EFCC and ICPC restrains themselves to their individual mandate? Have you seen the EFCc perform the role of Code of Conduct? So what is your point exactly? That section of Economic crimes that may affect National Security has to do with cases where looted funds are traced to be used in sponsoring terrorism or treason. Do you get that?
Try robbing the office of the DSS and see who comes after you.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

The predicted "Police state" is about to become real, no more freedom of thought or freedom of expression.
On the contrary, there is the freedom of thought and expression don't just cross the national security line.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

According to the DSS. The law gives them the right to do that. Oh by the way, it is one day Shekau became a threat to National security, the same way it would take Dasuki a day to become a threat.
Wrong, it should be according to the courts. What they had was a hunch. And also, its not the entire DSS that would have been behind this, just Mr Lawal Daura. Afterall Mr Dasuki was a staff of the DSS a week prior to the saga. Why wasn't he a threat then
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

If their offices were robbed, it would still be the primary role of the police to investigate. The only exception would be if the police indicate to the DSS that the motive of the robbery was to gather intelligence about the workings of DSS. The job of investigating robberies is the exclusive domain of the police unless as stated above.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2015
hinwazaka:
Wrong, it should be according to the courts. What they had was a hunch. And also, its not the entire DSS that would have been behind this, just Mr Lawal Daura. Afterall Mr Dasuki was a staff of the DSS a week prior to the saga. Why wasn't he a threat then
The courts are not greater than the constitution. The DSS doesn't need to approach a court to commence an investigation. Remember they went to Dasuki's house with a warrant. Why did the judge/magistrate sign the warrant if the DSS didn't have jurisdiction?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

On the contrary, there is the freedom of thought and expression don't just cross the national security line.

Decree 4 can't work in present dispensation, forget that line of thought.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by shaqhead: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2015
@hinwazaka
As mch as I dnt what ur debate is with Azed1, why mentioned him was becos of d reference to the DSS website. My position is simple and it is that facts speak for themselves and the facts on the DSS website answers all the questions the OP throwed up-one word, JURISDICTION!

It is clearly stated on d site that the DSS has no jurisdictional limitations as they are allowed by LAW to get involved in any case that they deem a security threat jst like the FBI of the US and that puts an end to the OPs submissions and evry other argument on this specifically!

2 Likes

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Decree 4 can't work in present dispensation, forget that line of thought.
Who is talking about the decree 4?
Saying Mr x wants the president dead is freedom of expression but its also a national security threat.
There's a thin line between freedom of speech and the national security line.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by shaqhead: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The courts are not greater than the constitution. The DSS doesn't need to approach a court to commence an investigation. Remember they went to Dasuki's house with a warrant. Why did the judge/magistrate sign the warrant if the DSS didn't have jurisdiction?
My guy free this men, the facts have been presented and they are jst arguing to save face.

The DSS have non-jurisdictional powers!
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Wow!! bros you nailed it with the emboldened, flawless logic. I wonder why I've not been arrested, I could one day become a threat also.
Bros, forget that thing! DSS can't arrest people for criticism of the government. We are not in communist regim and nothing like Decree 4. They will have to prove how our criticisms are threat against National security or we'll sue the hell out of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by AZeD1(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2015
shaqhead:
@hinwazaka
As mch as I dnt what ur debate is with Azed1, why mentioned him was becos of d reference to the DSS website. My position is simple and it is that facts speak for themselves and the facts on the DSS website answers all the questions the OP throwed up-one word, JURISDICTION!

It is clearly stated on d site that the DSS has no jurisdictional limitations as they are allowed by LAW to get involved in any case that they deem a security threat jst like the FBI of the US and that puts an end to the OPs submissions and evry other argument on this specifically!
The OP and his crew are against the President, so they would lie and do all sorts to rubbish this administration. Its just a pity some ignorant fellow would swallow their lies.

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2015
socialmediaman:

Wrong. Many people are under watch, even as they are serving within the government in sensitive positions. Infact, people serving with the government in sensitive places are more watched than others, [size=13pt]it's possible that even the administration before Buhari placed Dasuki under watch before its tenure expired[/size].

Try and paint a sensible scenario not the above, come on.
The past admin thought he was a national threat yet he remained in his position till the demise of the administration.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, forget that thing! DSS can't arrest people for criticism of the government. We are not in communist regim and nothing like Decree 4. They will have to prove how our criticisms are threat against National security or we'll sue the hell out of them.

That was my appoint exactly, it was a sarcastic response to his supposed "flawless logic"
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by socialmediaman: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Try and paint a sensible scenario not the above, come on.
The past admin thought he was a national threat yet he remained in his position till the demise of the administration.

He was being accused of diverting funds with the intent to defraud and hamper the fight against insurgency, plus other treason allegations not expressly stated by the DSS, why wouldn't he be under watch? Or do you think the government just wakes up one morning and fires someone in such sensitive position without doing its ground work on the person prior?

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:

It is not cool to call people sympathizers and mouth pieces of terrorists.

Not cool at all

Don't even go there, APC uses all sort of denigrating names to combat their opponents when they have nothing to counter a superior argument. Why is wailing wailers trending?

When APC sycophants preferred to side with Bokoharam against Nigerian Army (even Malam El'rufia called them Jonathan's Army) in a bid to score cheap political points against Jonathan. What are they?

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

My guy, robbing a Military base will attract military action. The Military Police takes care of that.. Ditto robbing the DSS office or even EFCC.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The OP and his crew are against the President, so they would lie and do all sorts to rubbish this administration. Its just a pity some ignorant fellow would swallow their lies.

Same way you and your crew are for the president and would swallow and support govt at every turn, hook, line, sinker.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by shaqhead: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

This folks are irredeemable! Barcanista is jst doin his job of selling stale agidi as Shawarma and som ppl wl eat out hate for ds government.

Hws ur day goin bro?
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by MyMouth(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
which 7 years? Buhari will be shown the way out in 2019. But that is not the discussion of the day.
So u have not learnt ur lesson from the 2015 elections? In ur case, all I can say is " its finished"! U don kolo finish!

1 Like

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Mogidi: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2015
socialmediaman:

He was being accused of diverting funds with the intent to defraud and hamper the fight against insurgency, plus other treason allegations not expressly stated by the DSS, why wouldn't he be under watch? Or do you think the government just wakes up one morning and fires someone in such sensitive position without doing its ground work on the person prior?

The reason he was fired is obvious to most people.
You can stay in your cocoon and bury your head in the sand but the fact remains Buhari hated Dasuki for arresting him in 1985.
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The OP's assertions have always been efficacious due to the lack of comprehension exhibited by people like you. Its not a crime for anyone yo argue and convince people of the rightness of a cause.
And also,reading your replies proves beyond reasonable doubt that it would be safer to appear ignorant than to be garrulous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

That was my point exactly, it was a sarcastic response to his supposed "flawless logic"
I won't be surprised to see Buhari adopt the method.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The OP's assertions have always been efficacious due to the lack of comprehension exhibited by people like you. Its not a crime for anyone to argue and convince people of the rightness of a cause.
And also,reading your replies proves beyond reasonable doubt that it would be safer to appear ignorant than to be garrulous
Re: The Many Incredible Roles Of DSS Under President Muhammadu Buhari by hinwazaka: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2015
AZeD1:

The OP's assertions have always been efficacious due to the lack of comprehension exhibited by people like you. Its not a crime for anyone to argue and convince people of the rightness of a cause.
And also,reading your replies proves beyond reasonable doubt that it would be wiser to appear ignorant than to be garrulous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Some #istandwithbuhari Supporters Were Promised #1000 To Show Up - TVC / Results Of Kogi PDP Primary Totally Unacceptable – Dino Melaye / Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.