Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters (59484 Views)

Kachikwu Is NOT Under Investigation! / Buhari To Appoint New NNPC GMD To Replace Kachikwu / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by profosa: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
JUBILEE2000:
If this news is true then d president would have made a mistake. Appointing a lawyer as NNPC GMD is a wrong step. You need to be a technical person esp an Engineer to understand the dynamics of the oil industry and manage it efficiently. Those of us in the industry will understand what I mean.

The current CEO of statoil is an economist see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_S%C3%A6tre

The current CEO of Saudi Aramco Abdullah S. Jum'ah had a first degree in pol.science and started his career in public relations.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_S._Jum%27ah

What mistake are you then talking about?.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by mapet: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
laudate:

Thank you, jare! People find it difficult to understand such basic issues. I remember once while supervising logistic operations at a gas field, at the discharge point we noticed that water was leaking from the gas turbine, where gas was being fed into the unit.

My boss who was a petroleum engineer immediately called up the head of field operations and barked: "which of your wells is producing water?!!" They couldn't tell stories to him, because he knew his onions. Sharp, sharp the guys on the field had to do something to address the situation. Can you imagine if my boss had been a lawyer?

Na plenty memo dem go dey still carry up and down, dey find cause of the problem until dem tire! grin

Meanwhile, this same Kachikwu is against the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB). Read all about it here:

Kindly note that IOCs have been against the PIB for like forever o! Kindly note that he did not even provide solutions that could make it work.

Bros,

You are using analogies that are not the same scenario with the context.
1. There is a difference between the Group Managing Director and an Asset Manager or an Operations Manager.
2. Your second argument is baseless. Kachikwu is there representing an entity and not himself, so saying he opposed the PIB, is ridiculous. Besides, he laid an argument which you failed to comment on, analyze or rebut.....
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by omenka(m): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Action!!!
And they say he is a go slow President.......he only appoints a notherner......he travels alot......

PMB , What ever it will cost to make our instuttion works and will stop corruption....pls do it...Good nigerians who are not members of any political parties (offline and online) are behind you.

God will RESET the destiny of this Nation through you...
I had to smile on seeing this. smiley

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by BabaO2: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
ITbomb:
Is he Delta Igbo?
delta Oliseh

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by AprokoMan: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
omenka:
I had to smile on seeing this. smiley

No...u wanked yourself off
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by mapet: 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Aromas:

Oga teacher weldon, if na Northerner d president appoint I believe say u go dey among of dos who go criticize am. Wen d clueless administration appoint virtually all his kismen into his kitchen cabinet both 4rm SE and SS. Nobody hala now. So no mata hw ur expose you're academically, such a thing must surely occur at least once. Nigeria wey don dey back tay tay b4 BUHARI finally won dis last election.

NL is open for you to go check all my historical post, if I have EVER laid argument about tribe over competence.........
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by wiseoneking: 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
GstringAngela:
No
he is an Osu Ibo
Osun igbo?

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Bazinga(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
You Sai Buhari crew can be annoying most times. Which one is finally a technocrat for the job, I guess the past GMD is a politician. I tire for una

@news, Buhari CAN NEVER appoint a Southerner to head an important MDA like NNPC, when there are some of his brothers that read Geology in UNIMAID. I don't believe this news, Garba will soon refute it

What exactly is the relationship btw reading geology and being made GMD of nnpc? Shed more light

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by zeennurei(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Is this Man also Hausa? Someone answer me please
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by mapet: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Yes what is the big deal about petroleum engineering aptitude? Except you can come up with a better argument, your recourse to the "gods" is just a waste of my time.

How did Mutiu run Shell? went back to school to study "pick up Petroleum Engineering aptitude"?
laudate:

Chai! I cannot believe you said this.... . Petroleum Engineering and Commercial aptitude are what you pick on your way up??! shocked shocked

ROFLMAO cheesy grin grin

I can understand how management expertise may be picked up, but petroleum engineering...! shocked Ye gods! shocked Please share how it is picked up oh!
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
jaybee:

Let someone excuse me here!

..... FURTHERMORE NNPC IS NOT A REFINERY WHOSE BUSINESS IS TO REFINE CRUDE OIL FOR SALE. THAT IS THE WORK OF WARRI REINERY AND PETROCEMICAL COMPANY (WRPC), KADUNA REINERY AND PETROCEMICAL COMPANY (KRPC), PORTHARCOURT REFINERY, ETC. ALSO NNPC IS NOT A GAS COMPANY. WE HAVE THE NIGERIA GAS COMPANY (NGC), GASLINK ETC.

Like I said earlier, your ignorance is appalling. sad

You claim that: FURTHERMORE NNPC IS NOT A REFINERY WHOSE BUSINESS IS TO REFINE CRUDE OIL FOR SALE. THAT IS THE WORK OF WARRI REINERY AND PETROCEMICAL COMPANY (WRPC), KADUNA REINERY AND PETROCEMICAL COMPANY (KRPC), PORTHARCOURT REFINERY, ETC. ALSO NNPC IS NOT A GAS COMPANY. WE HAVE THE NIGERIA GAS COMPANY (NGC); Chai! You fall my hand with this assertion oh

Who is the largest shareholder of KRPC, WRPC, PHRC or NGC? Is it not the NNPC, who owns federal government stakes in each of these refineries??

Oya, come for tutorial so I can educate you. You won't be charged much! Read this article:

“The most critical player in the current petrol scarcity riddle that is undermining the economy is the Federal Government. Helped by a compromised National Assembly, the government has turned the NNPC into a goldmine for slush funds, bleeding the country of huge revenues. With an approval from the National Assembly, NNPC took a loan of $1.6 billion in 2012 for the TAM of the refineries, but the facilities remain comatose. There is nothing so far to show for the repairs, which the government had said would raise capacity utilisation to 90 per cent. Obviously, it is better to privatise the refineries but another question will be that, won’t they transfer ownership from public to themselves?” http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/beyond-refineries-privatisation/

Now why would NNPC take a loan of $6 billion to fix the ailing refineries if they are not part owners of such refineries? Are they a bank?

You can also read this part:

NNPC REFINERY PORT HARCOURT
! In 1978, Federal Government acquired the remaining 40% equity of Shell and BP in NPRC. Name changed to NNPC Refinery Port Harcourt.
! New Organizational structure established by NNPC ,Chief Executive Officer ‘s title changed to Managing Director and reported to GM Refineries, NNPC Corporate Headquarters.
! Major policy and operational strategy changes occurred to bring Refinery Management under NNPC Corporate Supervision.
! Bureaucratic style of Management was entrenched – Refinery became a cost centre for NNPC Operations, supplying all its products to PPMS for sales, marketing and distribution....

THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIAN REFINERIES
The problems are presented as follows: Inadequate Funding and Autonomy

1. Managing Directors’ inability to secure adequate working capital from the NNPC Corporate Headquarters.
2. Managing Directors’ inability to exercise full autonomy to commit the required funds, as necessary to procure chemicals, and catalysts, equipment, spare parts, other plant consumables and contract out services from suppliers and experts. This is due to very low limits of financial authority from the NNPC Corporate Headquarters.
3. The bureaucratic process of approvals, which in some instances required as many as 27 signatures to get critical maintenance spend signed off. These problems originated from the centralisation of powers at the NNPC Corporate Headquarters in Lagos and later in Abuja , away from the refineries’ operations. These problems affect all activities of the refineries directly or indirectly in varying degree of severity.
! The approval processes do not have time limits. They may take a long (up to 6months) or relatively short time (within a few weeks).....
http://tandice-bsolutions.com/rokdownloads/Summit/RefinerySummitContributions.pdf
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UncleJudax(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
hamzeiy:
my xperience with the human psychology has made me realise people always accuse others of what they do and feel is normal...it is a basic knowledge of psychology....UncleJudax the cronic masturbator give your hand a break ...OK?
You are a psychotic patient. Do I look like a PDPian to you? All these tribal/party/APC Zombies.

So Delta is Igbo only when you crackheads want to use it to your advantage. #alzheimerAlert

Siwaju...

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Nuzo1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Folks like Jaybee, Laudate, mapet, Ibime, samofson, governoragweven, Philip etc are here discussing real issues as regards to the appointment. Whether it is the right professional for the job or not.

But unfortunately, some lost Nigerian PDP and APC youths are here suffocating themselves with hate.

What a waste!

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by demelza: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
GstringAngela:
No

he is an Osu Ibo
Classic! grin

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by mapet: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
My brother,

You dey mind dem? They are making lame arguments. The Current World Bank President comes from a Medical background. Our former minister of Agric, from Agric background is the current Head of Africa Development Bank.............

Jimoh Ibrahim is a Lawyer, Hakeem Bello-Osagie is a Lawyer, Subomi Balogun is a Lawyer..........
uwajeh:
Can't help but say, Onicha Ugbo Kwenu!!! For those who query the appointment based on the fact that he is a lawyer please be reminded that the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Madame Christine Lagarde is a lawyer and not an Economist and she has done a fantastic job at that organisation. Chief Ernest Shonekan studied law but that didn't stop him from becoming one of the icons of Nigeria's industrial sector.

Prof. Pat Utomi initially studied Mass Communications but he is one of the most brilliant economic minds in Nigeria today. Dr. Ibe Kachikwu has been in the oil and gas industry for donkey years and I am certain he has learnt the ropes during that time. You don't rise to be the Executive Vice Chairman (Africa) of the largest oil company in the world by being a dunce.

Allow the man make him drink water keep cup jo!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Miranda11: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
JUBILEE2000:
If this news is true then d president would have made a mistake. Appointing a lawyer as NNPC GMD is a wrong step. You need to be a technical person esp an Engineer to understand the dynamics of the oil industry and manage it efficiently. Those of us in the industry will understand what I mean.

So appointing a lawyer from an IOC such as ExxonMobil as GMD NNPC is a mistake ehh, really, all the Engineers who were past GMD's of NNPC (maybe apart from Andrew Yakubu) what good have they done for NNPC, if they were that good why is there so much rot in NNPC?

I feel this is a very good appointment as no politician in APC or PDP or past President can have any kind of influence over him, neither will he be under any pressure to please any politician or cover up for anyone. Things will finally be run the right way in NNPC cos Ibe Kachikwu takes no prisoners with him so watch out for a real cleansing in NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by wiseoneking: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You see my problem with Igbos? You see why I say that as far as politics is concerned, they have not the faintest idea what exactly they want? You see? Some of you are even saying he's Delta Igbo. But when you talk of biafra you drag not only the delta Igbo but the whole of SS and curse anyone who dares to oppose it.
Though I doubt this source but even if it were real, the comment above is the reason why I keep saying that many Igbos need to go do some soul searching.
i think you should reason or point out any igbo person that says he is a delta igbo if not what your wicked mind is saying. Tomorrow now you will also shout that there are no igbos in delta. Always trying hard to find a way of accusing the igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

You are using analogies that are not the same scenario with the context.
1. There is a difference between the Group Managing Director and an Asset Manager or an Operations Manager.
2. Your second argument is baseless. Kachikwu is there representing an entity and not himself, so saying he opposed the PIB, is ridiculous. Besides, he laid an argument which you failed to comment on, analyze or rebut.....

Bros, the analogies are in perfect tandem with the context, oh!

No one is comparing a GMD to an asset manager or an operations manager. We are comparing knowledge and technical expertise in specific situations. undecided

Yes, Kachikwu is representing an entity... and my comment stating that he was opposed to PIB, was supported by a publication that quoted him verbatim, and the links to that online source was also given. So would his beliefs change overnight, now that he has suddenly been made GMD? Unlikely.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by ayd91(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
abagoro:

His name sounds more Ikwerre. All the same we are one.

I long for the day Nigerians will say this about one of a different ethnic group and mean it.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by omenka(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Hmmm...

PMB carry go...
IF u need my head, Just to fix NIGERIA. . Come and take it.

Am tired of the POLITICAL FRAUDSTERS, cabals and cartels.
U made me believe that the ONLY and MAJOR issue we have as a nation is "" POLITICAL WILL ""

U made me believe EFCC can for once be the HIGHEST EMPLOYER OF LABOUR in NIGERIA.

Punish every corrupt soul including me.
U have my support.
I love this dude. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Princephelar(m): 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
https://instagram.com/p/54WLSCJcwy/

Pls like dis video on my instagram page and tag your friends to like it too
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by nduchucks: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
Something sarcastically tells me that Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, is neither from Delta nor a Delta Igbo, but a full blooded Christian Northerner. Without the typo in his name, it would be correctly spelt Emmanuel Idi Danladi.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by JUBILEE2000: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
profosa:

The current CEO of statoil is an economist see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_S%C3%A6tre

The current CEO of Saudi Aramco Abdullah S. Jum'ah had a first degree in pol.science and started his career in public relations.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_S._Jum%27ah

it's a different ball game my dear. CEO is like a minister of petroleum but for the day to day operations of a cooperation like NNPC u need someone with a technical background. If u are in the industry u will understand better

What mistake are you then talking about?.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
mapet:
My brother,

You dey mind dem? They are making lame arguments. The Current World Bank President comes from a Medical background. Our former minister of Agric, from Agric background is the current Head of Africa Development Bank.............

Jimoh Ibrahim is a Lawyer, Hakeem Bello-Osagie is a Lawyer, Subomi Balogun is a Lawyer..........

I hope you know that banking is NOT the same thing as oil and gas, oh! Please stop comparing oranges with apples! tongue
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by wiseoneking: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
totit:

So he's from delta state after all? Me thought he's an ibo man ni
grin grin
Ooh, it pained you that he is after all igbo though from Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by ojnnaco(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
archcharles:
President Buhari Appoints ExxonMobil Vice-chair To Head Nigeria's Petroleum Corporation

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/04/president-buhari-appoints-exxonmobil-vice-chair-head-nigerias-petroleum-corporation
Number One
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UncleJudax(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
wiseoneking:
i think you should reason or point out any igbo person that says he is a delta igbo if not what your wicked mind is saying. Tomorrow now you will also shout that there are no igbos in delta. Always trying hard to find a way of accusing the igbos.
Right on point. All these tribalists. Delta was not igbo yesterday#Biafra, but Igbo today# Appointment.

Deceptively Unstable minds!

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by demelza: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

maybe your father will explain well
LOOL!!!! grin
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
Following the post because of the likes of Laudate, Mapet. As for the tribal warlords may God change your hearts.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UncleJudax(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
laudate:

I hope you know that banking is NOT the same thing as oil and gas, oh! Please stop comparing oranges with apples! tongue
You have a hat trick in dumbness. You talk as though Mr Ibe has not been in oil and for ages.

Baseless argument!
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by totit: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
wiseoneking:
Ooh, it pained you that he is after all igbo though from Delta.

Hehehehe
Dude, you need to grow up nah

Somebody eleepume oo

Must I agree ni? Hhehehehe
This attaché no get part two at all at all.. grin

Yes ok. I'm jealous of this delta man
grin grin
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
UncleJudax:

You have a hat trick in dumbness. You talk as though Mr Ibe has not been in oil and for for ages.

And you sir, you have a hat trick in playing the ostrich, as if you don't know that job functions are specialised within the oil industry..! sad

Only pathetic minds like yours', take refuge in insults.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Shuts Down For Peter Obi (Photos) / Dino Melaye Rides 3-Wheels Motorcycle In Abuja / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.