Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters (59633 Views)

Kachikwu Is NOT Under Investigation! / Buhari To Appoint New NNPC GMD To Replace Kachikwu / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by melzabull(f): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
2sex:
I am hinting why she defends anything APC mostly... see the correlation.
I understand you. She defends APC and yelubars...lol

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
governoragweven:

He is not Igbo he is a deltan, igbos hav 5 states and delta is not part of the state. and mind u, Aniochas dont speak Igbo language, its missed a kind of, not pure igbo. and there culture is also diff frm that of the Igbos even though they share little similarities. Igbanke, asaba, agbor, aniocha all hav language similar to igbo but NOT IGBO language. am from one of the above mention so i knw what am saying.

Olodo

Go back to school grin

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
janus05:
Neo-colonialism at play. Instead of Buhari accepting a candidate from Amechi or Tinubu for the oil job, he took an American from ExxonMobil. USA is gradually encircling Nigeria. China with all their goodies will soon leave.

Who told you that he is an American? Maybe he sound John Deen to you, coward.

Least I remember;The first wife, Elizabeth has three children – Nkem, Emeka and Uche. grin grin grin grin grin

Continue your qenu drink. Banka!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by rabex(m): 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Hmmm...

PMB carry go...
IF u need my head, Just to fix NIGERIA. . Come and take it.

Am tired of the POLITICAL FRAUDSTERS, cabals and cartels.
U made me believe that the ONLY and MAJOR issue we have as a nation is "" POLITICAL WILL ""

U made me believe EFCC can for once be the HIGHEST EMPLOYER OF LABOUR in NIGERIA.

Punish every corrupt soul including me.
U have my support.

bros take am easy abeg..me too dey feel ur pain
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by hamzeiy: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. As am quoting you, I have my deek in a bitchh's mouth...far from masturbation, ain't it?

Now swerve, before I shoot on you face. wink

.....see your life...you have a deek in a prostitute mouth nd ure happy....your mate are making money, building empires ..getting marrief and been responsible...but your area of xpertise is sex with a prostitute....sometimes i wonder what they teach in churches these days with pple like you around...#tchw
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
governoragweven:

He is not Igbo he is a deltan, igbos hav 5 states and delta is not part of the state. and mind u, Aniochas dont speak Igbo language, its missed a kind of, not pure igbo. and there culture is also diff frm that of the Igbos even though they share little similarities. Igbanke, asaba, agbor, aniocha all hav language similar to igbo but NOT IGBO language. am from one of the above mention so i knw what am saying.

in your stupidity do you realize we have aniocha also in anambra and maybe you can say they still are not Igbo in your mental state

education is a waste on u
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UncleJudax(m): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
hamzeiy:

.....see your life...you have a deek in a prostitute mouth nd ure happy....your mate are making money, building empires ..getting marrief and been responsible...but your area of xpertise is sex with a prostitute....sometimes i wonder what they teach in churches these days with pple like you around...#tchw
Thanks but no thanks. Without seeing you, I know my life is way better than yours. You couldn't even understand what I wrote.

Bitchh=damsel grin

You need help, asap.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
You Sai Buhari crew can be annoying most times. Which one is finally a technocrat for the job, I guess the past GMD is a politician. I tire for una

@news, Buhari CAN NEVER appoint a Southerner to head an important MDA like NNPC, when there are some of his brothers that read Geology in UNIMAID. I don't believe this news, Garba will soon refute it

I think you need the reading more

you don't read geology
you study a course and read books

be a good lad ..say thank you sir
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. You must have retrieved your senses from hibernation. Always try to think before talking poo.

Enjoy the schooling kid.

Sorry Grandpa, you just proved that your mental acuity has been on a steep decline since you entered your dotage.

NB: Applauding the fact that Kachikwu was Vice-Chair in Mobil means nothing, until you give us a breakdown of what the job description entails, and how his duties added value to the technical projects on the field. The scale of Mobil's operations in Nigeria are less than a tenth of what they handle worldwide. So being Vice Chair of Mobil or its African operations is not something that should make anyone trip. I have checked all Mobil's facilities in-country, and it does not include epileptic refineries, cross-country pipelines, LPG production plants (I stand to be corrected on this one), CNG processing plants/stations etc, which are comparable to assets that NNPC has nationwide;

It is like a nurse who has worked in a teaching hospital, being made the Head of the Neuro-Surgery Unit. She may have an idea of the medical terms and what the job entails, but can she take a scalpel and carry out delicate surgery on a patient? I think not. undecided

Anyway, am done bandying words with you...! You have refused to learnundecided
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UnknownT: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

I think you need the reading more

you don't read geology
you study a course and read books

be a good lad ..say thank you sir
This is Politics section, I would have said "Thank you" if its in the Education section. Since you didn't ask me to explain the "read", it means you understood what I typed
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UncleJudax(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
laudate:

Sorry Grandpa, you just proved that your mental acuity has been on a steep decline since you entered your dotage.

Am done bandying words with you...! undecided
Huh
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by governoragweven: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Olodo

Go back to school grin

which one is Olodo? e ma gba mi oo. mr man counter my statement with reasons and points not jst writing Olodo. u are the olodo if u cant write with points. rubbish!
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by governoragweven: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

in your stupidity do you realize we have aniocha also in anambra and maybe you can say they still are not Igbo in your mental state

education is a waste on u

mr educated professor, so because we hav some slight Yoruba speaking Edos "the Akoko Edos" in Edo state, they even bear yoruba names, that now makes them to be yorubas abi? or because we hav some Ijaws in Ondo state dat now makes them to be Yorubas? yeye think before u antagonize pple.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by RickyTan: 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
SO President Buhari has appointed an Igbo man to big Naija post. May be the haters go sherap now.

Mr Kachikwu abeg perform oooo!
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
governoragweven:

mr educated professor, so because we hav some slight Yoruba speaking Edos "the Akoko Edos" in Edo state, they even bear yoruba names, that now makes them to be yorubas abi. yeye

for them to speak Yoruba and bear Yoruba names they re simply Yoruba

why is it this a problem the edos are just the okada Benin and possibly esans ..edo are just minority

the akoko are Yoruba
maybe you will tell me the ijaws in edo are still edo

dude get another gist
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
This is Politics section, I would have said "Thank you" if its in the Education section. Since you didn't ask me to explain the "read", it means you understood what I typed

don't be incorrigible
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
claycares:
I dey laugh, Dr Kachikwu of all people Dieziani is better of this corrupt man. A man who lured DPR to grant consent to an asset divestment to a ghost entity/company that dies not exist, Kenda Nigeria Limited? The case is even in court. The man oversabi the corruption work. In fact Esso/ExxonMobil is the most corrupt IOC in Nigeria. They don't give out contract without collecting bribe. I'm watching in 3D.
https://www.nairaland.com/2502258/president-buhari-nnpc-md-kachikwu/3

Guy, why are you doing this now? Why are you in such a hurry to let the cat out of the bag...??! This piece of info, was meant to be the final joker in the pack of cards! Haba! Take time, oh.. shocked shocked angry

And how can you say that Mobil is the most corrupt IOC? What about Saipem and Eni Agip? The chaps with the 'creative accounting' system?? wink
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UnknownT: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

don't be incorrigible
so from that my post you quoted, didn't you see anything you could talk about (even the buhari appointing a northerner which I have refused editing)? Why pick on the read? Go and give alms to some beggars and you will get a trailer load of thank you

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by tonychristopher: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
so from that my post you quoted, didn't you see anything you could talk about (even the buhari appointing a northerner which I have refused editing)? Why pick on the read? Go and give alms to some beggars and you will get a trailer load of thank you

those abbookkii are useless

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by UnknownT: 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

those abbookkii are useless
hmmmm!! So I wu onye nkem? I biakwa na fucck up, dey look my error. If we dey drag politics for beer parlor, anyi anaghi e check English Oga Tony.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
GstringAngela:
Ibos do not need appointments in Nigeria. They need Biafra, give them Biafra, deport them back to Biafra

KinkyAngelina, let not Biafra drive you nuts!
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 12:59am On Aug 05, 2015
claycares:

Ask those in the oil and gas industry, they will tell you that Kachikwu is even more corrupt than the past Petroleum Minister. I have about 3 transactions we are working on where himself and his previous employer ExxonMobil have perpetuated fraudulent practices. Another wrong choice to head NNPC.

Talking about fraudulent practices that ExxonMobil Africa carried out in the past, please read this report;

ExxonMobil: Tiger or Turtle on Social Responsibility?

Exxon seems scared of releasing information about its operations and their environmental consequences: company publications and official statements on environmental issues are amazingly sparse in number considering the size and importance of the company. Exxon apparently wants to guard against making any commitments that it might not be able to keep or that could be misused by the company’s ‘enemies’. By promising little or nothing, the company can hardly be accused of not fulfilling its promises at a later stage. (Estrada, et al. 1997:108)

Angola has been wracked by civil war between the government and the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA). The conflict was fuelled by the sale of diamonds by UNITA and oil by the government. Angola is known for poor governance, lack of press freedom, transparency, accountability, rule of law as well as protection of human rights. In 1998, when oil prices slumped, the government used about $870 million generated from signature bonus payments on oil exploration and offshore deepwater concessions to pay for its weapons purchases.

According to the Angolan foreign minister, these funds were earmarked ‘for the war effort’ (HRW,2001b). Exxon, BP Amoco and Elf were the main sources of such funds. These companies play a dominant role in relevant blocks and new rounds of bidding for offshore concession blocks are expected to attract record sums of cash down-payments from the multinational oil companies.

Human Rights Watch and Global Witness have argued that oil companies are not transparent about their payments to the Angolan government or the state-owned company Sonangol.

BP was the first company to recognise that its involvement in Angola could be problematic and from 1997 has commissioned an annual independent social assessment of its impact in Angola. In 2000, BP decided to publish key financial data on its Angola operations (Christiansen, 2002).

By contrast, ExxonMobil has not spoken publicly about potential problematic aspects of its activities in Angola. According to Lee Raymond, head of ExxonMobil, the company has scrupulously observed its contract confidentiality agreement with the government, although he is ‘not sure’ the governance record of Angola’s leaders is satisfactory. He claims that disclosing a government’s revenue could be seen as influencing how it is spent, which would not be a proper role for private companies. ExxonMobil has also been criticised in connection with the ExxonMobil-led construction of a pipeline from Chad to Cameroon (see below). NGOs claim that the project will damage the environment and have negative social and economic consequences.

Shell had to take all the blame for the Brent Spar incident even though this was a joint 50/50 venture between Shell and Exxon. According to Grolin (1998:216), Exxon ‘ducked its head and left it to Shell to take the heat’ while the Brent Spar conflict lasted.

Finally, Mobil has been challenged over its role in Nigeria and Kazakhstan. In 1998, shareholders pressed the company to review its investments in Nigeria, in light of the human rights situation. Mobil finally undertook to raise two cases of detainment with the Nigerian government (HRW, 1999).
http://www.fni.no/doc&pdf/FNI-R0703.pdf
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 1:11am On Aug 05, 2015
ire700:
Dr Ibe Kachikwu's appointment: Major Conflict of Interest
This appointment clearly demonstrates that the Buhari administration is “actively” or even worse “unwittingly” serving American interests.
While many Nigerian Easterners may be happy that an “Igbo man” is appointed to a top position by Buhari, nobody realizes that Ibe Kachikwu’s nomination was demanded by the US as a condition for their “assistance” in locating Nigerian funds embezzled by the Jonathan administration.

The new NNPC bow is a Nigerian-American CIA operative, and an Exon Mobile board member.Does Buhari know what “conflict of interest” means? How can an agent of a foreign oil corporation be appointed managing director of the State oil Company? Such an appointment is treasonous and illegal!

According to a source close to Exon Mobile, Ibe Kachikwu‘s nomination is aimed at accelerating the privatization process of NNPC, that Exxon Mobile is actually interested in acquiring. https://www.nairaland.com/2502258/president-buhari-nnpc-md-kachikwu/3#36616726

Er... I think the correct term is 'treasonable', not 'treasonous'. undecided

But your final comment gives a lot of food for thought. You mean ExxonMobil is interested in acquiring NNPC's assets, if the corporation is eventually broken up ??! Is this true?

You don't say!! shocked shocked This kind of comment is depressing, though. Most of the cases where state owned enterprises have been split or unbundled have never ended up being in the public interest. Just take a look at NEPA, which was unbundled into GENCOs, DISCOs, TCN, ECN, NERC, NBET etc. Too many bodies & too much confusion. You are unsure where each one's job begins and where such functions, end.

Has it made the power sector more efficient or has it increased the output of power? Last time I checked, power generation was still under 4,500MW. undecided

The undertakers have truly arrived in NNPC. May God have mercy on us all.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 1:34am On Aug 05, 2015
TOP OIL COMPANIES IN THE WORLD

British Petroleum (BP): BP (also referred to by its former name British Petroleum), is one of the world's six "supermajor" oil and gas companies. It is a British multinational company, headquartered in London, England, whose performance in 2012 made it the world's sixth-largest oil and gas company, the sixth-largest energy company by market capitalization, and the company with the world's fifth-largest revenue (turnover). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP

BP has a CEO Bob Dudley, who received a BS in chemical engineering from the University of Illinois, where he joined the fraternity Phi Kappa Psi and served as District 3 Archon. He then obtained an Master of International Management, MIM, degree from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and an MBA from Southern Methodist University.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Statoil ASA, (OSE: STL), is a Norwegian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Stavanger, Norway. It is a fully integrated petroleum company with operations in thirty-six countries. By revenue, Statoil is ranked by Forbes Magazine (2013) as the world's eleventh largest oil and gas company and the twenty-sixth largest company, regardless of industry, by profit in the world. http://www.statoil.com/en/About/Pages/default.aspx

CEO is Eldar Sætre, President and chief executive officer. He has an MA in business economics from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH) in Bergen. http://www.statoil.com/en/NewsAndMedia/News/2015/Pages/04Feb_EldarSaetre_CEO.aspx
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Royal Dutch Shell Plc: One of the most respected oil companies in the world, it was created by the merger of Royal Dutch Petroleum and UK-based Shell Transport & Trading. It came second in the Fortune Global 500 2014 list, but it is now the fourth largest company in the world as of 2014, in terms of revenue. Although the company has registered a huge drop in profit by around 40% from the previous year, it is hopeful of improving its operational performance and project delivery. In fact, on April 7, 2015, the company proposed a merger with the British gas producer BG group for $69.7 billion cash and stock. It is interesting to note here that this is the first big acquisition of the oil and gas industry this year, and will make Shell the largest producer of liquefied natural gas in the world. Royal Dutch Shell revenue was equal to 84% of the Netherlands' $555.8 billion GDP at the time in 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell

CEO is Ben van Beurden is the CEO of Royal Dutch Shell Plc. Van Beurden joined Shell in 1983, after graduating with a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exxon is the second largest company in the US as far as revenues go. The world's 5th largest company by revenue, ExxonMobil is also the second largest publicly traded company by market capitalization. The company was ranked No. 6 globally in Forbes Global 2000 list in 2014. However, its revenues have dropped by more than 7 percent from the previous year along with decreased oil production and increasing exploration expenditures. As of 2013, the company had about 71.9 million barrels of natural gas and 13.2 million barrels of liquid proved reserves. Exxon has three divisions: Upstream, Downstream and Chemical with upstream being the biggest of them all. Exxon is also the biggest refiner in the world with a refining capacity of around 5.5 million barrels per day, with Royal Dutch Shell in second place with a refining capacity of around 4.1 million barrels per day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil; http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2015/03/19/the-worlds-biggest-oil-and-gas-companies/3/

CEO is Rex Tillerson, a native of Wichita Falls, Texas, Rex Tillerson earned a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering at the University of Texas at Austin before joining Exxon Company, U.S.A. in 1975 as a production engineer. In 1989, he became general manager of Exxon Company U.S.A.’s central production division, responsible for oil and gas production operations throughout a large portion of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas. Tillerson was named senior vice president of Exxon Mobil Corporation in August 2001, and was elected president of the corporation and member of the board of directors on March 1, 2004. He assumed his current position on January 1, 2006.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Petrochina: With around half a million employees, Petrochina, the listed arm of state owned China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) is easily one of the biggest oil and gas companies in the world. CNPC is the parent of PetroChina, the fourth largest company in the world in terms of revenue as of July 2014. The company operates in four segments: Exploration and Production, Refining and Chemicals, Marketing and Natural Gas and pipeline. It engages in the exploration, development, production and sale of crude oil and natural gas. The company also involves in the refining of crude oil and petroleum products, production and marketing of primary petrochemical products, derivative chemical products and other chemical products; the marketing of refined products and trading business; and the transmission of natural gas, crude oil and refined oil products and the sale of natural gas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PetroChina

CEO is Wang Dongjin is the Vice Chairman and President of the Company and Deputy General Manager of CNPC. Mr. Wang is a professor-level senior engineer and holds a doctorate’s degree. Mr. Wang has nearly 30 years of working experience in China’s oil and gas industry.He was appointed as a Director of the Company in May 2011. he was appointed as the president of the Company in July 2013. Mr. Wang was appointed the Vice Chairman of the Company in May 2014.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sinopec : Top Chinese Oil company Sinopec Group also known as China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, ranked No.3, on Fortune Magazine's published list of the global top 500 companies for 2014, with annual operating revenue of US$457.201 billion. Sinopec Group which owns Addax Petroleum, entered the top ten for the first time in 2010, ranking at No.7, and moved up to No.5 in 2011. Sinopec Group ranked at No.5 and No.4 in 2012 and 2013 respectively. It moved up a rank to replace Royal Dutch Shell as the world's second largest company in oil and gas. It is a Chinese oil and gas company based in Beijing, China. It is listed in Hong Kong and also trades in Shanghai and New York. Sinopec's business includes oil and gas exploration, refining, and marketing; production and sales of petrochemicals, chemical fibers, chemical fertilizers, and other chemical products; storage and pipeline transportation of crude oil and natural gas; import, export and import/export agency business of crude oil, natural gas, refined oil products, petrochemicals, and other chemicals. It made over 455 billion USD in 2014.

CEO is Fu Chengyu, is the current Chairman of China Petroleum and Chemical Corp (Sinopec), the largest Asian refiner. He previously worked at the China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), which foresaw a five-fold increase in its profits during his presence. He was born in 1951, and is a Chinese citizen of Han ethnicity. He graduated from the Northeastern University (China), receiving a master's degree in petroleum engineering from the University of Southern California, and later studied at the Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business. In December 2014, Chengyu was named among the most influential people in the shipping industry according to Lloyds List. See more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Chengyu____________________________________________________________________________________

Total S.A is a French multinational integrated oil and gas company and one of the six "Supermajor" oil companies in the world. Its businesses cover the entire oil and gas chain, from crude oil and natural gas exploration and production to power generation, transportation, refining, petroleum product marketing, and international crude oil and product trading. Total is also a large-scale chemicals manufacturer. The company has its head office in the Tour Total in La Défense district in Courbevoie, west of Paris. It made over 212 billion US dollars in 2014.

CEO Patrick Pouyanné, Chief Executive Officer - President of the Executive Committee, Total SA: A graduate of École Polytechnique and an Engineer of the French Corps des Mines, Patrick Pouyanné held various positions in the French Industry Ministry and in ministerial offices from 1989 to 1996, including Environment and Industry Technical Advisor to the Prime Minister from 1993 to 1995 and Chief of Staff to the Information Technology and Space Minister from 1995 to 1996. In August 2002, he was named Senior Vice President, Finance, Economics and Information Systems in Exploration & Production. In January 2006, he became Senior Vice President, Strategy, Business Development and R&grin in Exploration & Production. In January 2012, Patrick Pouyanné was appointed President, Refining & Chemicals and member of the Executive Committee. On October 22, 2014, the board of Directors of Total appointed Patrick Pouyanné Chief Executive Officer and President of the Executive Committee.
- See more at: http://www.total.com/en/media/biographies/executive-committee#sthash.j7VtVlgO.dpuf
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) is an American multinational energy corporation. One of the successor companies of Standard Oil, it is headquartered in San Ramon, California, and active in more than 180 countries. Chevron is engaged in every aspect of the oil, natural gas, and geothermal energy industries, including hydrocarbon exploration and production; refining, marketing and transport; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation. Chevron is one of the world's largest oil companies; as of 2014, it ranked third in the Fortune 500 list of the top US closely held and public corporations and sixteenth on the Fortune Global 500 list of the top 500 corporations worldwide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevron_Corporation

CEO is John S. Watson, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. Watson joined Chevron in 1980 as a financial analyst. He earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics from the University of California, Davis, in 1978 and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Chicago in 1980.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA - Petroleum of Venezuela) is the Venezuelan state-owned oil and natural gas company. It has activities in exploration, production, refining and exporting oil, as well as exploration and production of natural gas. Since 1st January 1976 with the nationalization of the Venezuelan oil industry, PDVSA has dominated the oil industry of Venezuela, and is the world's fifth largest oil exporter. Oil reserves in Venezuela are the largest in the world, and the state-owned PDVSA provides the government of Venezuela with substantial funding resources. Venezuela has 77.5 billion barrels (1.232×1010 m3) of conventional oil reserves according to PDVSA figures, the largest in the Western Hemisphere and making up approximately half the total. This puts Venezuela as fifth in the world in proven reserves of conventional oil. By also including an estimated 235 billion barrels (3.74×1010 m3) of tar-like extra heavy crude oil in the Orinoco Belt region, Venezuela claims to hold the largest hydrocarbon reserves in the world. Venezuela also has 150 trillion cubic feet (4.2×1012 m3) of natural gas reserves. PDVSA made 128.44 billion US dollars in 2014. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_oil_and_gas_companies_by_revenue

CEO is Rafael Darío Ramírez Carreño (born August 4, 1963, in Pampán, Venezuela) is a Venezuelan engineer and politician. He joined the board of Venezuelan state-owned petroleum company PDVSA in 2002 and served as company president from 2004 to 2014. He also served as Venezuela's Minister of Energy from 2002 to 2014. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Ram%C3%ADrez_(Venezuela)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saudi Aramco : Is officially the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, most popularly known just as Aramco (formerly Arabian-American Oil Company). It is the Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Saudi Aramco's value has been estimated at anywhere between US$1.25 trillion and US$7 trillion, making it the world's most valuable company.

Saudi Aramco has both the world's largest proven crude oil reserves, at more than 260 billion barrels (4.1×1010 m3),[4] and largest daily oil production. Saudi Aramco owns, operates and develops all energy resources based in Saudi Arabia. According to 2015 Forbes report, Aramco is said to be the world's largest oil and gas company. Saudi Aramco operates the world's largest single hydrocarbon network, the Master Gas System. Its 2013 crude oil production total was 3.4 billion barrels (540,000,000 m3), and it manages over 100 oil and gas fields in Saudi Arabia, including 288.4 trillion standard cubic feet (scf) of natural gas reserves. Aramco operates the Ghawar Field, the world's largest onshore oil field, and the Safaniya Field, the world's largest offshore oil field. See more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Aramco

CEO is Amin al-Nasser, Chief executive of Saudi Aramco with 33 years' experience at the world's largest energy company. Nasser – who before being named CEO was Aramco’s senior vice president for upstream operations – holds a bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He started his career at Aramco in 1982, working as an engineer in the oil-production department, and later held posts in engineering, drilling and reservoir management.

Between March 1991 and May 1997, Nasser held a number of supervisory positions in the engineering and production departments. In 2006, Nasser was named vice president of petroleum engineering and development, before becoming the acting head of exploration and production in August 2007. In January 2008, Nasser was appointed senior vice president of exploration and production. Nasser is a longstanding member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), and in early 2008 was named a senior member of SPE’s Advisory Board

See more at: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/profiles/2015/05/02/Amin-al-Nasser-incoming-CEO-of-oil-giant-Saudi-Aramco.html

As seen above, most of the top largest oil firms in the world with the highest revenues, have an engineer at the helm of affairs. The few that do not have an engineering background, often took over from an engineer who had probably laid the ground work for the growth of the oil firm.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by fegflu: 2:11am On Aug 05, 2015
I see tinubu hand in this guy emerging honestly. You remember tinubu first work in Exxon Mobil in Chicago.- and this guy also work in Exxon Mobil. This is not coincidence. He just brought his colleague in by referring the guy to Buhari or cutting a deal with Buhari either way. Thinking since This guy is Igbo , this will smokescreen the public opinion about his hand in it. This is 100 percent bola tinubu handpick. Only time will reveal this my prophecy.

Mark it
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by governoragweven: 4:41am On Aug 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

for them to speak Yoruba and bear Yoruba names they re simply Yoruba

why is it this a problem the edos are just the okada Benin and possibly esans ..edo are just minority

the akoko are Yoruba
maybe you will tell me the ijaws in edo are still edo

dude get another gist

Good! u are more calm now, u dont insult pple " ur education is a waste on u" when discussing especially when u are not 100% correct. its all about perspective and has nofin to do with education, even prof. wole shoyinka will hav is own perspective to this matter which hs nofin to do with his education. Am sure if u were frm Aniocha, ikwere or Ika u will also never accept u are igbo cos non of these pple would accept they are igbos cos they hav diffr in culture and lang even though they share small similarities.

as u rightly said, lets get another gist.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 5:00am On Aug 05, 2015
mapet:
Bros your argument is flatly wrong
1. There is a difference between technical capacity and Leadership capacity. Having both is a big plus, but having the former alone does not qualify you for leadership of a company not to talk of NNPC
2. Petroleum Engineering and Commercial aptitude are what you pick on your way up. If you're in a good organisation and you're identified as top talent and prepared for leadership, you would have been put to a packaged rotation program that will take you round the various aspects of the Oil and Gas value chain, from technical to commercial. This will give you the basic requirements needed to lead the business. The mistake many people make is that because it's Oil and Gas, an Engineer should lead. Truth is, those with the deeper knowledge and insight will properly define the business from the value perspective and tell you that the business is about creating value from crude sales, as such engineers are just a part of the critical requirements.
3. The former MD of Shell in Nigeria, Mutiu Sunmonu, had a first class in Computer Science.......... need I say more

I believe the wisdom in bringing Ibe-Kachikwu is to have a change in paradigm, someone from the private sector to reinvigorate and re-engineer NNPC; a clear departure from the politicians and career NNPC civil servants.......

Sunmonu's boss at the London office is still an engineer. undecided And don't forget one thing - Shell has no refineries in Nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by laudate: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2015
profosa:

The current CEO of statoil is an economist see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_S%C3%A6tre

The current CEO of Saudi Aramco Abdullah S. Jum'ah had a first degree in pol.science and started his career in public relations.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_S._Jum%27ah

What mistake are you then talking about?.

The current CEO of Aramco is NOT Abdullah S. Jum'ah. It is Amin Al Nasser. He was appointed acting CEO/President in May 2015. And yes, he is an engineer! Nasser joined Saudi Aramco after graduating with a bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran in 1982. http://www.worldoil.com/news/2015/5/1/saudi-aramco-names-nasser-as-acting-president-ceo

His predecessor was Khalid Al-Falih who was redeployed to become the Health Minister in Saudi Arabia. Falih too was an engineer. He attended Texas A&M University in College Station, earning a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering in 1982 and later pursued an MBA at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, which he completed in 1991. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_A._Al-Falih
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by FOREXMART(m): 5:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Pierocash:
Wailing Wailers crying tribalism.south east over to u, make I know here tribalism again o
Lol watch out, the minister of petroleum will be a northern politician and this gmd technocrat must answer to him.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by governoragweven: 7:06am On Aug 05, 2015
laudate:

The current CEO of Aramco is NOT Abdullah S. Jum'ah. It is Amin Al Nasser. He was appointed acting CEO/President in May 2015. And yes, he is an engineer! Nasser joined Saudi Aramco after graduating with a bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran in 1982. http://www.worldoil.com/news/2015/5/1/saudi-aramco-names-nasser-as-acting-president-ceo

His predecessor was Khalid Al-Falih who was redeployed to become the Health Minister in Saudi Arabia. Falih too was an engineer. He attended Texas A&M University in College Station, earning a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering in 1982 and later pursued an MBA at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, which he completed in 1991. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_A._Al-Falih

engineer or no engineer, who will work will work. its all about the zeal to bring about change. but this does not deny the fact that an engineer with vast knowledge in "operations" would bring abt change EFFORTLESSLY cause he knws more on how to cub underground operational runs than a lawyer with vast knowledge in legal arm of the industry. They both can cause positive change but the latter may struggle more. vry simple matter!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by Pierocash(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2015
FOREXMART:

Lol watch out, the minister of petroleum will be a northern politician and this gmd technocrat must answer to him.
And so? won't there be ministries and agency headed by northerners and wil be answerable to an igbo minister?
Andrew Yakubu and past directors of NNPC, didn't they serve under madueke, Sanusi lamido, didn't he serve Okonjo Iweala? what is d big deal, must igbo man boss evrrywhr?
PMB tried, if I were him I won't even appoint any igbo man in any position cos they worked against him during d election.
Re: Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters by mapet: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2015
......and Shell's main business is refining? which boss? is the London office the headquarters of Shell? show me us the requirements of Shell thats states that the Country GMD must be an engineer?
laudate:

Sunmonu's boss at the London office is still an engineer. undecided And don't forget one thing - Shell has no refineries in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? / Victims Killed That Led To The Killing Of Major Alkali (Disturbing Photos) / Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.