Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:43 AM

Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed (11422 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Chillis: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tpair don paste agege bread here.

I don't even know where to place African women.

Western dogs and cats are more valued than an average African woman...

Pay bride price and ship you off to a man.
You refund the bride price after yrs of marriage . A price you didn't even benefit from.
.nothing to show for from the yrs of slavery but stretched marks and fallen Olympus.
Kids taken away from you.

Tufiakwa.

Feminism should be championed in the black continent ..

And the already bought slaves will rather continue in that line than see others be treated differently.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Of course you are too thick to read and comprehend any kind of intellectual discourse.

So you wrote all that moronic rubbish about what God designed?

Is that the argument your dumb arsse was thought in school to present in a debate and what laws should be based on?
You're still not making sense. Is cussing your life what you call a debate. And you have overused "cretinous" ....try a new word. You sound like an IDIOT! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
joseph1013:
What will you give to the man who has wasted previous years with you?
Returning the bride price is the more reasonable.
What's the deal with women always playing the victim?
Sagamite:

At least you are right with your logic about scrapping the bride price. But in regards to your question, why will you have to return anything to the woman? Are you assuming she paid groom price?
He is the one who doesn't want the marriage anymore.

And the bride price is almost like he bought the woman, so you can't return something you tire of using.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by AtheistD(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:

Seriously, I don't know why you're wailing unnecessarily. There was a constitutional adjustment on marriage in Uganda and you're here crying like a kid who lost his peppermint. undecided I don't really understand your grievance....is it that the amendment favours the women or what? Don't u have value for them?
Even here in Nigeria, how much is bride price? No tribe or community charge above 2k, go figure. I'd have reasoned with you if u were talking about marriage rites, where a man is given a long list of items to buy because he wants to marry

2k for bride price? Where?

Also, why bother with a bride price in the first place? It indicates that women are commodities. If I have to pay to marry a woman then how can that same lady be viewed as an equal and not a commodity?
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:

You're still not making sense. Is cussing your life what you call a debate. And you have overused "cretinous" ....try a new word. You sound like an IDIOT! tongue

Name the schools that produced you.

How did you become this daft?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
AtheistD:

Also, why bother with a bride price in the first place? It indicates that women are commodities. If I have to pay to marry a woman then how can that same lady be viewed as an equal and not a commodity?
You can even get lesser than 2k. It's an old tradition that may not be erased by civilization. It's a symbol that wives don't come free of charge. The main koko is the list the clan would hand u. That is negotiable.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
He is the one who doesn't want the marriage anymore.

And the bride price is almost like he bought the woman, so you can't return something you tire of using.

So he buys her and when he does not want what he bought anymore he has to pay for stopping to use her?

So if I buy a bread and I find mold after eating half of it, I have to pay the supermarket for returning it because it has mold? grin grin grin grin

If I buy a PS3 and then decide I want to go and buy a PS4, I have to pay GAME for not wanting the PS3 again?

Now, one more question, what if she is the one that wants to divorce? He still has to pay her?

That last question is based on me noting you missed the point of why the court case was brought. It is the women that want to leave the marriage, but because they normally cannot return the bride price, they get stuck.

But based on your typical of females, bias, selfish arguments, you just argued that the person who wants to leave the marriage must be the one paying. It is an illogical argument, but I love you made it inadvertently. grin

So you are saying the women have to pay to get a divorce? grin

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
AtheistD:

The cretinous product of a failed education system cannot even comprehend the crust of the argument and how the judges argument failed in logic.

He is way too daft.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:

You can even get lesser than 2k. It's an old tradition that may not be erased by civilization. It's a symbol that wives don't come free of charge. The main koko is the list the clan would hand u. That is negotiable.

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

It is a tradition that cannot be erased by civilisation?

Why?

Because you pulled that moronic argument from your arsse?
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

Name the schools that produced you.

How did you become this daft?
[/s]
Almost 99 percent of all the posts u've made on NL are dumb. They reek of frustration and bad upbringing. I don't find ur opinion reasonable.....ur an abominable boorish simpleton

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

It is a tradition that cannot be erased by civilisation?

Why?

Because you pulled that moronic argument from your arsse?
[/s]
Still dumb
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:
[s][/s]
Almost 99 percent of all the posts u've made on NL are dumb. They reek of frustration and bad upbringing. I don't find ur opinion reasonable.....ur an abominable boorish simpleton

That is the defense of your idiocy?

You have realised how dumb you are? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

That is the defense defence of for your idiocy?

You have realised how dumb you are? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Stop feeling like you're all-knowing or more important than a flea-infested mountain he-goat. Your insults makes u no different from a roadside, danfo-chasing tout. Your life is cursed! Disastrous test tube experiment. tongue
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:

Stop feeling like you're all-knowing or more important than a flea-infested mountain he-goat. Your insults makes u no different from a roadside, danfo-chasing tout. Your life is cursed! Disastrous test tube experiment. tongue

Where were you taught that "It is a tradition that cannot be erased by civilisation"?

And it is my life that is cursed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another moronic product of Nigeria's failed education system is telling me my life is cursed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unemployable graduate?

Reasoning and Thinking 0%?

Skelewu expert? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

So he buys her and when he does not want what he bought anymore he has to pay for stopping to use her?

So if I buy a bread and I find mold after eating half of it, I have to pay the supermarket for returning it because it has mold? grin grin grin grin

If I buy a PS3 and then decide I want to go and buy a PS4, I have to pay GAME for not wanting the PS3 again?

Now, one more question, what if she is the one that wants to divorce? He still has to pay her?

That last question is based on me noting you missed the point of why the court case was brought. It is the women that want to leave the marriage, but because they normally cannot return the bride price, they get stuck.

But based on your typical of females, bias, selfish arguments, you just argued that the person who wants to leave the marriage must be the one paying. It is an illogical argument, but I love you made it inadvertently. grin

So you are saying the women have to pay to get a divorce? grin
How can you compare those things with staying in a marriage for years or months? Do you hold the bread for years before deciding to return it?

Remember the significance of the bride price, so how can the woman pay for asking for a divorce?

The main issue is the bride price itself, it is simply 'misogynic' in nature.cheesy
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
How can you compare those things with staying in a marriage for years or months? Do you hold the bread for years before deciding to return it?

Remember the significance of the bride price, so how can the woman pay for asking for a divorce?

The main issue is the bride price itself, it is simply 'misogynic' in nature.cheesy

No be me compare them o.

I was just using zeb04's kind of examples o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At least I am aware you get the point. Although I am not surprised you attempted to create a conditionality favourable to women to direct a female-favourable outcome to protect what you percieved as women's best interest. grin

I always expect that in any debate with most women about equal rights, so I am not pissed. tongue

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by ApexTitan(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
Some of the comments on this thread be cracking me up so badly, my sides ache. grin grin grin grin

Why did Tpiandr go ham on the Agege bread angle (pun intended cheesy ) wasn't it just for analogical purposes?

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Joromi1: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

Where were you taught that "It is a tradition that cannot be erased by civilisation"?

And it is my life that is cursed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Another moronic product of Nigeria's failed education system is telling me my life is cursed? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Unemployable graduate?

Reasoning and Thinking 0%?

Skelewu expert? grin grin grin grin grin

[/s]
Guessed I've helped move your dead ass thread to the second page.....u may thank me later, bastard. I also noticed u brought in ur other handles to take sides with you. That shows how delusional u are - chatting with urself. I'd have continued but ur such an incalculably offensive idiot, so arguing with u is useless. So i'll leave u here with ur stupidity. Quote me elsewhere if u need my grace. Leach-covered blob of quivering slime!
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:
[s][/s]
Guessed I've helped move your dead ass thread to the second page.....u may thank me later, bastard. I also noticed u brought in ur other handles to take sides with you. That shows how delusional u are - chatting with urself. I'd have continued but ur such an incalculably offensive idiot, so arguing with u is useless. So i'll leave u here with ur stupidity. Quote me elsewhere if u need my grace. Leach-covered blob of quivering slime!

Can you see how dumb you are now?

Moronic product of a failed education system, you think you can come online and vomit your idiocy as contribution to debates? grin
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

No be me compare them o.

I was just using zeb04's kind of examples o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At least I am aware you get the point. Although I am not surprised you attempted to create a conditionality favourable to women to direct a female-favourable outcome to protect what you percieved as women's best interest. grin

I always expect that in any debate with most women about equal rights, so I am not pissed. tongue
If you sense a conditionality, it is because the woman in this case, is the "victim".

Remember feminism is about women's right.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
If you sense a conditionally, it is because the woman in this case, is the "victim".

Remember feminism is about women's right.

That is why it is crap! undecided

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

That is why it is crap! undecided
So you think but we know better.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
So you think but we know better.

It is crap!

What about men's rights?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Mavor: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
joseph1013:
Bride price itself is fraud.

What is the argument for paying her parents to marry her? If the essence is to reward her parents for raising her, who compensates the husband's parents for raising him?
Tell that to Imo people.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Joromi1:
[s][/s]

Can you see why education system keep generating fuuktards like you as graduates when you have zero reasoning capacity?

https://www.nairaland.com/2507611/ex-frsc-boss-buys-off-govts#36682922

The money budgeted to educate your moronic arsse is being looted and wasted.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

It is crap!

What about men's rights?
I'm not saying men don't have rights, but feminism arose because men were and are still being treated better than women, ofcourse there's been a great deal of improvement but there's still room for more change, that doesn't mean feminism, doesn't support egalitarianism my dear.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not saying men don't have rights, but feminism arose because men were and are still being treated better than women, ofcourse there's been a great deal of improvement but there's still room for more change, that doesn't mean feminism, doesn't support egalitarianism my dear.

I am telling you that feminism is crap because of its focus on "women's rights", while claiming "equal rights".

It is a sexist embodiment.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

I am telling you that feminism is crap because of its focus on "women's rights", while claiming "equal rights".

It is a sexist embodiment.
Don't you get it? Men had all the rights, how then can you fight to get something you already have?

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Odunharry(m): 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
While I think the bride price should be scrapped, I must say that it's totally unreasonable to ask for a refund after the woman's lived with you for years, doesn't make any sense whatsover.

What will you return to the woman before she leaves?
When they both enjoyed each other?
Will the woman pay for accommodation, food and water, electricity, things she used while she was still with the man?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Odunharry(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Insult everywhere sad lipsrsealed
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
Odunharry:

When they both enjoyed each other?
Will the woman pay for accommodation, food and water, electricity, things she used while she was still with the man?
What planet are you from? What if they built the house together, like all her stay with him, she didn't spend a dime of hers on electricity bills and food?

Dude please! Wtf?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Don't you get it? Men had all the rights, how then can you fight to get something you already have?

Men did not have all the rights.

They had most of the rights.

Are you telling me men face no disadvantages?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? / My Wife And I Have Fought Again And I Think I Want Out / Class Discrimination: When Will It End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.