Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan (3657 Views)

I Will Reveal Why We Lost In 2015 When Buhari And Others Leave Office - Jonathan / "You're VISIONLESS If You Add No Value After 20 Months In Office" - Jonathan / Nigerians Will Praise Me After I Leave Office – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:25am On Nov 30, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday said he will continue to do his best in solving Nigeria’s challenges, but said he does not expect praise while still in office.

Mr. Jonathan said he understands that his current actions and achievements will only be justified and applauded after he had left power.

President Goodluck Jonathan has said that Nigerians will appreciate the good works he has done for the country after he has left office.

The president expressed concern over how Nigerians criticise him and his government using the social media.

“These days, there are all kinds of stories. It is all over the world, leaders are being lambasted, especially with the social media now.

“People use what knowledge had created for negative reasons. Just as I was told that the person who invented dynamite regretted that invention because he thought he was coming up with something to solve human problem, but when he got to know about the level of destruction: human lives that are being blown up because of explosion, the man regretted that invention,” he said.

“What is supposed to be used for the common good was turned to negative purposes.

“I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know.

“When you leave, people will begin to compare what you have done over the period vis-a-vis what others have done, then they will compare you with whoever takes over.

“Probably that is the time some people will begin to say good about you. But I will do my best to make sure that we do change things.

“We are trying to create enabling environment for our economy to thrive irrespective of the challenges we are having in the petroleum sector and the security challenges we have.

“I will do my best so that by the time I will leave, you will be able to say that when our son was there, he served the country well so that one day, another son of Bayelsa may be given another opportunity to serve Nigerians,‎” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173996-nigerians-will-praise-me-after-i-leave-office-jonathan.html
Cc: Lalasticlala
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/nigerians-will-appreciate-leave-office-jonathan/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:26am On Nov 30, 2015
I smile... cheesy tongue

Anonimi. Mogidi, Ajepako,

godoluwa, francizy, ideology, pazienza, SeverusSnape, Louislewis, agabaI23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher

Auchi-based preacher and senior pastor of Omega Fire Ministry, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has predicted that Nigerians may be forced to hurl stones at the incoming president, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

The fire-spitting preacher stated that in frustration, people may resort to stoning the President-Elect elect if they did not see the highly publicized change by the new government.

It could be recalled that Suleiman had predicted the emergence of the All Peoples Congress, APC, candidate but warned that he may not be allowed to rule.

[size=18pt]“Like I said, Jonathan will be seen as a hero very soon because that’s the Nigerian story. Anybody who they feel is not doing well, get him out.

The next few minutes, they miss this person. If by September, there is still a blink in power, people will start abusing Buhari. You said you were going to do this. Two, who are Buhari’s footmen, the large chunk are ex-PDP people and of course you know, many are still defecting.

Nigerian politicians are the most shameless people (I know); they can’t bear hunger.

They are defecting now to lobby for offices. If you should check the people around the man, it gives you an idea of where the man is heading.”[/size] - Apostle Johnson Suleman 'April 25, 2015'

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by aresa: 12:29am On Nov 30, 2015
The only thing we appreciate is soundly rejecting you, your corrupt and incompetent clowns and of course sending you back to your village.

Good riddance to bad and odious rubbish...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:31am On Nov 30, 2015
aresa:
[s]The only thing we appreciate is soundly rejecting you, your corrupt and incompetent clowns and of course sending you back to your village.

Good riddance to bad and odious rubbish[/s]...

I beg no pollute this place with your smelly body odor and FAKE change. cheesy

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Misternas89(m): 12:32am On Nov 30, 2015
All is well lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Ghandi12: 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Abeg make we stop this joke. Our standing up to President Buhari's policy sloth and insensitivity should not be construed for a nostalgia for GEJ.

Even as we are holding the current government responsible to not doing enough we have not forgotten the fact that the seed of economic disaster( we are reaping today) was sown by Jonathan's government.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by MKO4ever(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:

Truth be told, GEJ administration was full of unbelievable corrupt practices and GEJ's body language seems to support corruption

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2015
The best way to fight corruption is through improved technology and not by jailing people for 300 years.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by aresa: 12:46am On Nov 30, 2015
[s]
Firefire:

[/s]

Must be what crooked and mentally corrupt losers like you see in the mirror every morning...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by aresa: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:
The best way to fight corruption is through improved technology and not by jailing people for 300 years.

lmao.... Thanks for the comedy..grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:47am On Nov 30, 2015
MKO4ever:

Truth be told, GEJ administration was full of unbelievable corrupt practices and GEJ's body language seems to support corruption

That was the dummy sold to you, and you swallowed it hook and sinker. O ma se ooo undecided

Hell-Fufai allegation of spending billions on independence day celebration already refuted by the same government of lies and propaganda.

Nigerians are still waiting to know about the $25,000,000,000 missing as posited by Malam Sanusi Lamido.

Nigerians are still waiting for the list and brochure of corrupt officials of GEJ administration given to Buhary in Washington DC since 4 month ago.

The daily oil theft in millions of barrel stolen by Jonathan administration on a daily basis, we are yet to know the minister(s) still stealing same as of today.

The time of lies and propaganda is over, we are in the moment of truth.

Nigerians are watching the government of professional liars and career propagandist.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Mogidi: 12:52am On Nov 30, 2015
Less than 6months later, 50% that voted against him are already regretting.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:54am On Nov 30, 2015
Mogidi:

The grandpa should have continue to enjoy his retirement, but he choose to disgrace himself. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Mogidi: 12:54am On Nov 30, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Must be what [size=13pt]crooked and mentally corrupt losers[/size] like you see in the mirror every morning...

Hmmm!! Self description abi?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 12:56am On Nov 30, 2015
Mogidi:

Hmmm!! Self description abi?

You dey mind our Nairaland resident photographer, he and hit fellow touts are out of propaganda. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Mogidi: 12:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:

The grandpa should have continue to enjoy his retirement, but he choose to disgrace himself. undecided

People are regretting after 6months, what will they do after a year?
Was it pastor Sulaiman who predicted Buhari would be stoned, we won't wait too long for that prediction. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by maupe: 12:57am On Nov 30, 2015
GEJ sure has a way with words. Besides the Azikwes, Awolowos and Balewas, he is the most charismatic, literary leader we have ever had. Delivering speeches is unfortunately a minus with his successor.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Ofodirinwa: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2015
Nigeria is in a state of regret. GEJ's words have come to fruition. Don't let your ego blind you from the truth, you owe nothing to either GEJ or Buhari so be honest with yourself. Everyday I pass by hundreds of women and children lined up on the streets with gallons waiting for fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 1:01am On Nov 30, 2015
maupe:
GEJ sure has a way with words. Besides the Azikwes, Awolowos and Balewas, he is the most charismatic, literary leader we have ever had. Delivering speeches is unfortunately a minus with his successor.

If you want to further disgrace Nigeria in the comity of nations, give Buhary microphone.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Mogidi: 1:04am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:

If you want to further disgrace Nigeria in the comity of nations, give Buhary microphone

That was why they refused him debating with Jonathan,

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 1:05am On Nov 30, 2015
Mogidi:

People are regretting after 6months, what will they do after a year?
Was it pastor Sulaiman who predicted Buhari would be stoned, we won't wait too long for that prediction. grin grin grin

Auchi-based preacher and senior pastor of Omega Fire Ministry, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has predicted that Nigerians may be forced to hurl stones at the incoming president, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

The fire-spitting preacher stated that in frustration, people may resort to stoning the President-Elect elect if they did not see the highly publicized change by the new government.

It could be recalled that Suleiman had predicted the emergence of the All Peoples Congress, APC, candidate but warned that he may not be allowed to rule.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Mogidi: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:

Just 6months later and the prediction is real.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2015
MKO4ever:

How many corrupt cases has the present government unearthed? Do you take their media allegations as fact-proof?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by nnachukz(m): 1:16am On Nov 30, 2015
You can still see people defending buhari with no fuel to fill their car tank, no money to get their needs, no hope and direction. One wonders if some people were destined to suffer.

My friend that was shouting sai baba and voted for buhari has lost his job. That has giving him some senses as he has started saying reasonable things base on the present reality on ground.

Maybe the suffering and smiling crue will understand when the suffering get unbearable.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 1:20am On Nov 30, 2015
nnachukz:
You can still see people defending buhari with no fuel to fill their car tank, no money to get their needs, no hope and direction. One wonders if some people were destined to suffer.

My friend that was shouted sai baba and voted for buhari has lost his job. That has giving him some senses as he has started saying reasonable things base on the present reality on ground.

Maybe the suffering and smiling crue will understand when the suffering get unbearable.

Some of them have lost morality and could no longer reason properly. That is the work of high powered witchcraft.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by csamii: 2:17am On Nov 30, 2015
I just wonder how buhari communicates with other world leaders. I can barely understand him when he makes a sentence.

Just thinking out loud sha!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 2:37am On Nov 30, 2015
Mogidi:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Regretting as they smoke their garri garnished with groundnut! wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2015
nnachukz:

My friend that was shouted sai baba and voted for buhari has lost his job. That has giving him some senses as he has started saying reasonable things base on the present reality on ground.

^^^Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by ubah84(m): 2:55am On Nov 30, 2015
god forbid
Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by pedrilo: 4:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Firefire:
the painful tin now is dat d ediot can not jail anybody again in a democracy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Appreciate Me When I Leave Office – Jonathan by likila: 4:48am On Nov 30, 2015
likila, tit and bunmititi always appreciate you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southern Governors' Forum Should Be Established / REVEALED: Why Wike, FFK & Fayose Rushes To The Press Over $45m Ikoyi Cash. / Kemi Adeosun: "Shocked Embarrassed Sorry"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.