Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe (33689 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2015

The Director-General of the National Centre for Women Development, NCWD, Onyeka Onwenu on Friday refused to honour the invitation of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, over an alleged N17 million contract bribe.

An insider at the ICPC headquarters in Abuja told Leadership that the NCWD DG declined to appear before the anti-corruption agency because she had to attend to a health challenge.

However, the chairman of the ICPC is believed to be ready to explore all options, including giving Onwenu a new date in order to ensure that she answers her part in the whole 17 million naira bribery allegation.

“In line with our investigations into the alleged 17 million bribery for the contract at the NCWD, we decided it was high time we summoned the DG to say her part of the story. Though, she had declined to honour our invitation, we believe that with the arraignment of her PA, Chika Abazu, we need to complete the other leg of our investigation because findings have shown that some officials of NCWD were also implicated in the bribery scandal.

“While we integrogated other key persons like Mukhtar Usman, Jauro Jibrin and Sadeeq Umar on the same issue yesterday, it has come to the turn of the DG,” the source stated.

It would be recalled that on July 10, Onwenu’s personal assistant, Abazu, was arraigned before an Abuja High Court on a six-count charge of bribery and gratification, but pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The aide was denied bail and ordered to be remanded in the Federal Prisons, Kuje, until the case is dispensed with.

The presiding judge, Justice Chukwu Ndukwe, adjourned the case till September 28 for trial.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/08/onyeka-onwenu-shuns-icpcs-invitation-to-explain-n17m-bribe/

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by chidex101(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2015
This is just invitation now
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Abugab(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Send another invite as it could be she didn't get the first.
If she keeps shunning, then the needful should be done.
When people are given positions of authority, it is to better the nation and the people and that is why they get fat sums as salaries but resorting to sharp practices is condemnable and should be treated as criminal.
A thief is a thief irrespective of image, status or education.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 11:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Oga Jonah really beckoned to a lot of people to come and chop from an all inclusive government of his.

As if he won a lottery. Oga Jonah must have learnt some very hard lessons of life now. I wish to someday sit with him and tap from his wisdom of regrets.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by SimpleVili: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Honour the invitation, Ma.

Place your orders for long lasting quality solar power banks. See my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Tolexander: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
chidex101:
This is just invitation now
are invitations not meant to be honored?

While she was following Mama Peace up
She was so pleased up
She never knew it does Piss up
Seeing everything acquired pieced up
When Buhari wakes ICPiSi up

Chorus:
Don't call me Patience
Call me Mama Peace

Idowuogbo continues from there.

Just composing my lyrics in case Onyeka Onwenu calls me to be featured when she is through serving her term.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Health challenge whenever it involves ICPC and EFCC.

Onyeka should have just faced her music and Nollywood and not this form of shame

See what Jonathan and Patience have caused the "Stallion".

Jonathan sef shocked

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by emamos: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Keneking:
Health challenge whenever it involves ICPC and EFCC.

Onyeka should have just faced her music and Nollywood and not this form of shame

See what Jonathan and Patience have caused the "Stallion".

Jonathan sef shocked

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Happiness87(f): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
God punish anyone and their families, that will come here and mention Goodluck Ebele Johnathan names with corruption in this thread, esp when it was not mentioned in the article

29 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by oshyno(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
U deny somebody of bail until d case is dispensed , but grant bail to people that stole billions. Nigeria justice system is just soo fvcking annoying.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by wachakuta(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
See liver!

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by frankyychiji(f): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Oga Jonah really beckoned to a lot of people to come and chop from an all inclusive government of his.

As if he won a lottery. Oga Jonah must have learnt some very hard lessons of life now. I wish to someday sit with him and tap from his wisdom of regrets.
That cow milk you drink everyday is stale. Check the label.

17 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by kulobyno: 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
I had always suspected that there was more to this woman following Patience and GEJ up and down and intuning monotonous songs at the slightest moment of silence.
Madam singer u had better go and have a chat with ICPC before they take u as major project and unravel more mysteries.

15 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by kenedy175(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
ICPC, EFCC... suddenly awake from there slumber.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by idongesit88: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Okay I don hear

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by qualityovenbake(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Its just an invitation, so she better go. But this money small na, I was hoping to see 170million or 700million. Abeg make dem start with dose wey chop billions of naira and dollars Ooh. Wetin me dey talk be say, make dem start from top to bottom, I no say make dem no prosecute her if she dey guilty.

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by laurel03(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
ICPC and EFFC inviting people since May 29 2015...

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by alaoeri: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
Wailers will soon call this witch hunting.

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by sigiyaya(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
I thought she was only singing for OBJ and later GEJ how come she........

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by chiscodedon(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
y
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Moneyab(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:

Couldn't agree with you more

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Damalex4luv(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Since this woman don dey do follow follow dey campaign for jona, nah since den I don hate. She's a thief pretending to be a good mother.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Ekiseme(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Kockane(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
I have ZERO respect for this woman. From her days of singing for Abacha's life presidency campaign, to OBJ, down to Jonah... a woman like this would sleep with the devil for a few pieces of silver. Tufiakwa! embarassed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by GstringAngela(f): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
What is onyeka onwenu

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by kenedy175(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
chiscodedon:
y
For Yamaha undecided
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Make efcc try probe and detain one apc Topshot na.See tinubu, amaechi, fashola, atiku dey there dey relax.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Floors PDP, Wins Davido’s Uncle Seat In Osun / Why I Decided Not To Speak On 2019 Presidential Election Result – Obasanjo / APC National Chairman Visits Senate Over Defections From Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.