Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe (33709 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Rapunzel001: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kockane:
I have ZERO respect for this woman. From her days of singing for Abacha's life presidency campaign, to OBJ, down to Jonah... a woman like this would sleep with the devil for a few pieces of silver. Tufiakwa! embarassed

You must b joking... u mean she sang in support for the life presdency campaign of who? ABACHA?? Dis can't b true
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by slap1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
It looks like every one associated with the APC is automatically forgiven of any wrong doing. It's not fair, Mr Buhari.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by slap1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Between GEJ and PMB who do you think is a better manager?
Manager of which bank? Address the issue he raised.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by eleko1: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin shocked cheesy grin
goryorhal:

No mind her ... Na now she dey sick .. Make dem carry am with sick bed go answer query ..
I tire ooo..If to say nah ordinary/common man that steal one O'yes man now,dey for don carry am.Thank God for CHANGE.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by mbulela: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Keneking:
Health challenge whenever it involves ICPC and EFCC.

Onyeka should have just faced her music and Nollywood and not this form of shame

See what Jonathan and Patience have caused the "Stallion".

Jonathan sef shocked
The woman has always been like that. She just did not have an opportunity to hammer before now.
Same woman that sang for Abacha 1 million man March.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
slap1:

Manager of which bank? Address the issue he raised.
Which issue are you talking about? All I see is an emotionally regurgitated tissue.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by goryorhal(m): 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
eleko1:
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin shocked cheesy ;DI tire ooo..If to say nah ordinary/common man that steal one O'yes man now,dey for don carry am.Thank God for CHANGE.

Money too sweet to chop but to answer query Na whala ..

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by noblegrex: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Na wa oo.but I like n respect this woman oo. She's 1 of d women I respect in this country..make she cooroperate o
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by zikray: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
JEGA01:

The Director-General of the National Centre for Women Development, NCWD, Onyeka Onwenu on Friday refused to honour the invitation of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, over an alleged N17 million contract bribe.

An insider at the ICPC headquarters in Abuja told Leadership that the NCWD DG declined to appear before the anti-corruption agency because she had to attend to a health challenge.

However, the chairman of the ICPC is believed to be ready to explore all options, including giving Onwenu a new date in order to ensure that she answers her part in the whole 17 million naira bribery allegation.

“In line with our investigations into the alleged 17 million bribery for the contract at the NCWD, we decided it was high time we summoned the DG to say her part of the story. Though, she had declined to honour our invitation, we believe that with the arraignment of her PA, Chika Abazu, we need to complete the other leg of our investigation because findings have shown that some officials of NCWD were also implicated in the bribery scandal.

“While we integrogated other key persons like Mukhtar Usman, Jauro Jibrin and Sadeeq Umar on the same issue yesterday, it has come to the turn of the DG,” the source stated.

It would be recalled that on July 10, Onwenu’s personal assistant, Abazu, was arraigned before an Abuja High Court on a six-count charge of bribery and gratification, but pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The aide was denied bail and ordered to be remanded in the Federal Prisons, Kuje, until the case is dispensed with.

The presiding judge, Justice Chukwu Ndukwe, adjourned the case till September 28 for trial.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/08/onyeka-onwenu-shuns-icpcs-invitation-to-explain-n17m-bribe/

Are some of the staff of ICPC and EFCC corrupt? if yes...who investigates them and brings them to book?...just thinking loud...

Please does staff odf ICPC and EFCC
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by IYANGBALI: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
She don't know that the season of toto settlement in Nigeria is over. Our baba no dey do toto outside Aisha

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Sobeautiful: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Those that campaigned for Buhari are free, walking about like saints despite allegations of corruption against them while those that campaigned for Goodluck must face EFCC/ICPC/DSS. Wonderful country.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by discusant: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Between GEJ and PMB who do you think is a better manager?

Your hero is only two months in office. How dare you compare his admin with Jonathan's that lasted for 5 years? Do you live in Mars? Hero worshiper. When were you born? Fighting corruption is different from political/ethnic witch hunt.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by eleko1: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
This one wey dem dey swallow left/rite don hook dem for throat.The next few days will be interesting.
goryorhal:

Money too sweet to chop but to answer query Na whala ..
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Orikinla(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Oga Jonah really beckoned to a lot of people to come and chop from an all inclusive government of his.

As if he won a lottery. Oga Jonah must have learnt some very hard lessons of life now. I wish to someday sit with him and tap from his wisdom of regrets.
. I hope they will not invite me too. I only did my job of setting up the social media network for Transform Nigeria Network. No case of bribery and corruption o. I am innocent o.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
discusant:

Your hero is only two months in office. How dare you compare his admin with Jonathan's that lasted for 5 years? Do you live in Mars? Hero worshiper. When were you born? Fighting corruption is different from political/ethnic witch hunt.
You bore me. Do you mean to say GEJ and PMB never existed before the 5years and 2months? Do you live in a cave? Caveman.

It may interest you to know that stealing is now corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
Orikinla:
. I hope they will not invite me too. I only did my job of setting up the social media network for Transform Nigeria Network. No case of bribery and corruption o. I am innocent o.
If you didn't charge millions like Fashola is been accused of then, you are relatively safe for the time being.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by dabossman(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
thinkdip:
my worry now is that, y is efcc, icpc only after the people, who either campaigned for GEJ, supported or worked with him. so so worried!

You dey fear? Which role did you play in GEJ's campaign? On a serious note, GEJ'S administration gave handover notes to PMB's so it's not surprising. Personally, I just want to see all those who have stolen our commonwealth prosecuted irrespective of party, tribe or gender.

I hope Onyeka is clean though. I like her o.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by dee1wolex(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
You bore me. Do you mean to say GEJ and PMB never existed before the 5years and 2months? Do you live in a cave? Caveman.

God bless you @chibhie. I dont why why Nigerians reason negatively these days cos i dnt knw why a right thinking person will be against the much needed fight against corruption in our country. If she has bn invited for questioning, even if shez my mum, i stil cant see any witchhunting in dat...if her hands ar clean...she shd come out plain and stop hiding behind a finger. Obama was telling the african leaders last wk in adis-ababa dat our number 1 problem now in africa is corruption..that money meant to develop our continent ar being taken out for odas to create jobs and boast odas economy....if only EFCC and ICPC cud be as half effective in the past 5yrs as they hav bn lately..and here we ar..instead of us to support them, some cockroach somewhere stil aint using there brain and i tell u...most of them ar poor and unemployed...even dose that ar employed are underemployed. As for me...a thief is a thief and i will be happy to see them jailed, may be the upcoming generations wil be better for it.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by goryorhal(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
eleko1:
This one wey dem dey swallow left/rite don hook dem for throat.The next few days will be interesting.

I tell you broda.. Make I stay glue to my TV set..
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by qualityovenbake(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eluwilussit:

It is unfortunate. The guys that looted our treasury are all there in the senate o. Na #17m wey no fit buy nothing, dem dey make noise about. Abeg make Onyeka go see them. Nothing dey happen. Witch hunting.
My brother you are right. she is just a small fish in a small pond, they should start with the bigger (thief)fish.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
dee1wolex:

God bless you @chibhie. I dont why why Nigerians reason negatively these days cos i dnt knw why a right thinking person will be against the much needed fight against corruption in our country. If she has bn invited for questioning, even if shez my mum, i stil cant see any witchhunting in dat...if her hands ar clean...she shd come out plain and stop hiding behind a finger. Obama was telling the african leaders last wk in adis-ababa dat our number 1 problem now in africa is corruption..that money meant to develop our continent ar being taken out for odas to create jobs and boast odas economy....if only EFCC and ICPC cud be as half effective in the past 5yrs as they hav bn lately..and here we ar..instead of us to support them, some cockroach somewhere stil aint using there brain and i tell u...most of them ar poor and unemployed...even dose that ar employed are underemployed. As for me...a thief is a thief and i will be happy to see them jailed, may be the upcoming generations wil be better for it.
Don't mind the paid hacks who have vowed to defend their politicians cos they are been subsidised with crumbs. They are the first to shout witch-hunt or islamophobia.

The mess created by the last administration is legendary.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by discusant: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:

Don't be bored, Lilliput man. You started making Lai Mohammed-like comments, so defend your comments.

They brainwashed you that PMB is a clean man, brainwashed you that Jonathan is a very corrupt man. You come to the open to exude your ignorance.

PMB as minister was accused of stealing, GEJ as president, his administration is accused of corruption. None is yet proved - only hear-say. But you jump to the sky to conclude that GEJ was corrupt and PMB was not, because you were brought up in Lai Mohammed School of thought.

Another lesson for semi-literate and lynch mob mentality folks like you: CORRUPTION is NEVER the same thing as STEALING. Consult the English dictionary.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
discusant:

Don't be bored, Lilliput man. You started making Lai Mohammed-like comments, so defend your comments.

They brainwashed you that PMB is a clean man, brainwashed you that Jonathan is a very corrupt man. You come to the open to exude your ignorance.

PMB as minister was accused of stealing, GEJ as president, his administration is accused of corruption. None is yet proved - only hear-say. But you jump to the sky to conclude that GEJ was corrupt and PMB was not, because you were brought up in Lai Mohammed School of thought.

Another lesson for semi-literate and lynch mob mentality folks like you: CORRUPTION is NEVER the same thing as STEALING. Consult the English dictionary.
Let's assume that I'm brainwashed that PMB is clean while you are brainwashed into believing GEJ is clean too.

Between two brainwashed folks----You and I, who do you think is a better resource manager between GEJ and PMB? Let's forgo all the rhetoric semantics on stealing and corruption. I want you to convince me that GEJ is a better leader than PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by discusant: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:

Let's assume that I'm brainwashed that PMB is clean while you are brainwashed into believing GEJ is clean too.

Between two brainwashed folks----You and I, who do you think is a better resource manager between GEJ and PMB? Let's forgo all the rhetoric semantics on stealing and corruption. I want you to convince me that GEJ is a better leader than PMB.

I can't be brainwashed by anybody. Note: GEJ is not my pal.

I asked you earlier about when you were born, because you argue like a child. On what basis do you want to compare GEJ and PMB administration?

Buhari served as oil minister under Obasanjo. After his tenure, allegations were rife that he stashed away millions of pounds in a foreign bank. His military colleagues said they investigated him and found it untrue. Well... for your sort, that is it.

Buhari took power by force in the 1980s and he reigned for 20 months. IBB took over from him, IBB never opened up allegations against Buhari, you know why.

Buhari was working hand-in-hand with late Abacha. Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt while millions of Dollars Abacha loot were being repatriated to Nigeria.

GEJ was elected, he did not usurp power. All administrations after OBJ military administration were accused of missing billions of Dollars. Why would you want only Jonathan and people that served under him be crucified?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by SweetSoup(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
Is she not the same Onyeka Onwenu that collected money from Abacha to support his one million man match election charade? That was when she lost her intergrity in my book.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by otokx(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
As usual they always claim sickness but it will not be our portion through Jesus Christ our Lord, AMEN.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by dododawa1: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Igbo since 1960
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Happiness87:
God punish anyone and their families, that will come here and mention Goodluck Ebele Johnathan names with corruption in this thread, esp when it was not mentioned in the article
Goodluck Jonathan is synonymous with corruption na
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by Chubhie: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
discusant:

I can't be brainwashed by anybody. Note: GEJ is not my pal.

I asked you earlier about when you were born, because you argue like a child. On what basis do you want to compare GEJ and PMB administration?

Buhari served as oil minister under Obasanjo. After his tenure, allegations were rife that he stashed away millions of pounds in a foreign bank. His military colleagues said they investigated him and found it untrue. Well... for your sort, that is it.

Buhari took power by force in the 1980s and he reigned for 20 months. IBB took over from him, IBB never opened up allegations against Buhari, you know why.

Buhari was working hand-in-hand with late Abacha. Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt while millions of Dollars Abacha loot were being repatriated to Nigeria.

GEJ was elected, he did not usurp power. All administrations after OBJ military administration were accused of missing billions of Dollars. Why would you want only Jonathan and people that served under him be crucified?
You keep vibrating and running your trap of a mouth.

I get bored with unproductive stuffs like back and forth.

I've made a point that your hero and best thing after slice bread ran a free Buka kinda of government. Technically, I didn't say he himself stole but probably turned a blind eye while his aides looted our commonwealth going by my comment on this very tread.

I aired my views that GEJ is likely having a regret judging by the weight of allegations against his government which might be shocking to him cos of his lack of experience.

I'm of the view that the accused should go and honour her Invitation and clear herself.

I'm yet to see your true position in relation to this very topic. Are you saying that the accused should be given a clean bill cos all administration from OBJ seems corrupt?

This particular topic will serve as a structure to anymore exchanges. I noticed you lack clear cut position that can lead to any healthy exchanges.

Are you still interested in knowing my age?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by sweetgala(m): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chubhie:
Oga Jonah really beckoned to a lot of people to come and chop from an all inclusive government of his.

As if he won a lottery. Oga Jonah must have learnt some very hard lessons of life now. I wish to someday sit with him and tap from his wisdom of regrets.

Don't make any rash conclusions, the day is still very young !
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe by AlPeter: 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
alaoeri:
Wailers will soon call this witch hunting.
she be witch?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Commander Who Led Squad To Kidnap Chibok Girls Surrenders (Photo) / Khadiza Danlami Alhassan Iman Wears N784K Shoes To Her Wedding (Photos) / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.