Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,889 members, 7,851,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola (27178 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property / (www.tundefashola.com Vs Peterayodelefayose.com) / Fashola Lied. Tundefashola.com Not Government Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

I don't think Tinubu is a good man.

Mr Buhari is better off without him.
But hey, what do I know

Interesting. So, who are the good men in Nigeria?
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by 989900: 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

It never ceases to amuse me how things are done in this country..

If you are an upright elected politician, and your hangers-on come to you with a proposal to use govt funds to build a website in your name, for whatever reason, you should say no.

For using govt funds to build a website in his name, Mr Fashola is prima facie guilty of financial recklessness, unlawful use of public funds for personal gain etc

The website was built to enhance Mr Fashola's own public political standing.

Only in Nigeria.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

You witnessed Ambode personally authorise the publication of this information.

And even if it was from him, does it not interest you at all to know whether there is some truth in it.

To you, I guess your god Fashola can do no wrong.
Right from the Onset Ambode never liked Fashola, he was sacked by Fashola as Accountant general of Lagos state when allegations of corruption was levied against him...

Moreso, the IT firm have denied the allegations, says it quote 12.5M bt was paid 10M.... Ambode is trying to get get back at Fashola...

Ofcourse i can't say he's a saint bt this is too cheap
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
idolda:
Haba we are not all mumu now. Why registering a domain name for govt in your own personal name? It's like buying a car and registering it in your own name and you claim it's not your personal property.

Nigeria's POLITRICIANS fooling the poor masses since in the year 1910.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
olatunji21:

Right from the Onset Ambode never liked Fashola, he was sacked by Fashola as Accountant general of Lagos state when allegations of corruption was levied against him...

Moreso, the IT firm have denied the allegations, says it quote 12.5M bt was paid 10M.... Ambode is trying to get get back at Fashola...

Ofcourse i can't say he's a saint bt this is too cheap

My brother, let's leave aside all the conspiracy theory about who sacked who, payback etc.

Even at N10 million, that is still grossly inflated. Secondly, and more importantly, why did Fashola use govt funds to build a website in his own name.

6 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by MizMyColi(f): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

Interesting. So, who are the good men in Nigeria?

Aren't you?
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by roiseadas(m): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Are you sure fashola dt d website isn't yours? Because it's an eye-saw, everything on dt page is personalized...

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by 989900: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
One thing still beats me: if a project costs say $3m in North America or Europe, same project conventionally would cost half, or about a third in say India, China, or Indonesia, 'cause of cheaper labour and all . . . surprisingly, same project would cost 2-3 times in Nigeria what it costs in Europe or North America!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
i respect fash but i can believe he did this when he is about to complete his tenure yet he label gej as corrupt

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Aren't you?

I had the political class in mind when I said that.

My point is most, if not all of them, are corrupt.

So, where are we going to get the good ones.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Chubhie: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

N40million? A basic website like this should not cost more than N2.5 million.

This is just another scam against the citizenry.

This could be pure water money if the books of record during fashola tenure are revealed. The true scam will be in trillions.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Firefire(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
989900:
One thing still beats me: if a project costs say $3m in North America or Europe, same project conventionally would cost half, or about a third in say India, China, or Indonesia, 'cause of cheaper labour and all . . . surprisingly, same project would cost 2-3 times in Nigeria what it costs in Europe or North America!

Painful. And some fellow would still have the courage to defend the criminals. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by aresa: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

My brother, let's leave aside all the conspiracy theory about who sacked who, payback etc.

Even at N10 million, that is still grossly inflated. Secondly, and more importantly, why did Fashola use govt funds to build a website in his own name.

Info Access Plus Limited will provide free technical support for the entire life cycle of the web site.

Info Access Plus Limited will manage the contents of the site, which consist of press releases, speeches, photos, videos, etc for one year.

Info Access Plus Limited developed and managed the first and only web-based 1-year Countdown Clock to May 29, 2015 on a 24-hourly basis off the back of this same service cost for a period of 1 year from 2014 to May 29, 2015.

Info Access Plus Limited developed mobile apps for the top four platforms, namely Apple iOS, Google Play, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Blackberry World off the back of this same service cost.

Info Access Plus Limited will provide free technical support throughout the life cycles of all these mobile apps also off the back of this same service cost

It's a lifetime contract with more than one website involved...

Obviously, the services provided goes beyond just website or just one website, it's a one time fee service with lifetime commitment to not only develop the websites, but to also service and manage more than one website including the Lagos state Countdown website for LIFE.

N10 million for all that is a great bargain..
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
989900:

Absolutely!

I can get this website done for about 2,000 pounds (about N700,000!) in London.

I get quotations for some work here, and I am left scratching my head, knowing fully well I can get same work done in London for about half the Nigerian price, and very likely, at better quality.

And the UK is supposed to be even more expensive that the US.

Honestly, Nigeria is a befuddling place.

2 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Firefire(m): 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
aresa:

[s]

Obviously, the services provided goes beyond just website or just one website, it's a one time fee service with lifetime commitment to not only develop the websites, but to also service and manage more than one website including the Lagos state Countdown website for LIFE.

N10 million for all that is a great bargain..[/s]

Fallacy!

Corruption is corruption. Ole is ole.

5 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by tpiander: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
aresa:

the site featured thousands of news reels, photos, etc, quite a lot of work.

dont know what some folks are complaining about.

i guess they only like seeing pictures of gutter, low self esteem people.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CustomSunday: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Greetings to the general public, NIGERIA CUSTOMS (NATIONAL AUTHORIZED CAR AUCTIONS/ SALES) FOR 2015 HAS COMMENCED WE HAVE DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS VERY CLEAN AND BRAND NEW CARS FOR SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES. WE ALSO HAVE REQUITMENT FORM AVAILABLE FOR BSC, DIPLOMA, OND,HND E.T.C Call 08061165112
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by aresa: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
tpiander:

the site featured thousands of news reels, photos, etc, quite a lot of work.

dont know what some folks are complaining about.

i guess they only like seeing pictures of gutter, low self esteem people.

We are talking about designing, loading up and managing thousands of pictures, speeches and videos on multiple platforms on multiple websites with lifetime maintenance commitment built into the contract.

Obviously, the people of Lagos got a great bargain. Most of the folks crying here are the same internet trolls and tribal bigots..
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by millionboi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fashola is a lawyer,em I mean a lier,so 4get it
socialmediaman:
Fashola says less than 10 million, if the government says otherwise, they should publish the official contract papers and details of the contract award so that we can judge for ourselves. Until then, I urge you guys to give Fashola the benefit of doubt, he is a respected gentleman with visible achievements as a governor

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
aresa:

This seems a more reasonable response than Mr Fashola's own, but your explanation is not without its own problems:

- why were these 'other sites' not listed along with Mr Fashola's site in the list provided by the govt

- just as N70million is too much for a website or a series of websites, N10 million for several websites including 'lifetime' maintenance is also implausibly low. It seems to me this N10 million figure was hastily agreed amongst Mr Fashola's PR adivers this weekend to divert attention from the N70 million figiure, but it is a poor attempt.

- i suppose 'lifetime' means to the end of Mr Fashola's tenure. So, has the website shut down now? If not, does it means Lagos tax payers are still paying for a website extolling/peddling Mr Fashola's messianic status.

Finally, what do you say about an elected official using public funds to pay for a website that appears to be aimed solely at advancing Mr Fashola's own political standing. Are you comfortable with this.

There really is no point asking PMB to fight corruption, but when it comes to an APC politician, we want to sweep everything under the carpet.

This can only damage the public's perception of the anti - corruption fight.

9 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by tpiander: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
aresa:

We are talking about designing, loading up and managing thousands of pictures, speeches and videos on multiple platforms on multiple websites with lifetime maintenance commitment built into the contract.

Obviously, the people of Lagos got a great bargain. Most of the folks crying here are the same internet trolls and tribal bigots..

have to agree.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by MizMyColi(f): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

I had the political class in mind when I said that.

My point is most, if not all of them, are corrupt.

So, where are we going to get the good ones.

When I said "not good" I meant something worse, but my conscience would not allow me say it out about him.

When it comes to badness and evil, I think Mr Tinubu is in a class of his own.
You get?

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by socialmediaman: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
millionboi:
Fashola is a lawyer,em I mean a lier,so 4get it

Which is why government should publish the deal, let's see for ourselves

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by omoakin111: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
I once told a friend that if Buhari truly wants to look the past to fight corruption in Nigeria he should start by constructing a thousand unit of prisons in each state
cos he's definitely going to have a large chunk to imprison.

Imagine the Lame excuse by BRF... If its a government website.

1. How come it has his full name as the domain name?

2. How long will it continue to be a govt website

3. Why is the website up till now updating personal activities of the former governor

4. If this is a new initiative, why is LASG not setting up and funding website for other former governors
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by mekaboy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
Now i see why fashola said the FOB does not affect state govt.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

When I said "not good" I meant something worse, but my conscience would not allow me say it out about him.

You get?

Actually no, I dont get.

He is cunning, probably selfish, most likely enriched himself at the expense of the public purse etc. But you can say the same or even worse about:

Akpabio
Saraki
Amaechi
Atiku
Kwankwaso
Okorocha
the 2 former Abia Governors and all State Governors since 1999
...and many more.

I have no way to rate Mr Tinubu as any worse than these people and others like them.

He enjoys more prominence than the rest for a number of reasons. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by DeLaRue: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

You get?

Actually no, I dont get.

He is cunning, probably selfish, most likely enriched himself at the expense of the public purse etc. But you can say the same or even worse about:

Akpabio
Saraki
Amaechi
Atiku
Kwankwaso
Okorocha
the 2 former Abia Governors and all State Governors since 1999
...and many more.

I have no way to rate Mr Tinubu as any worse than these people and others like them.

He enjoys more prominence than the rest for a number of reasons. That's all.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by sinizia: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
anwo247:
Wowwwwwwwww such a lame response?

Fahola are you kidding?

Oh you think we are all dumb APC youths?

What official information is it that you can't annex and make accessible through http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/ ?

You, you, you built silly personal website with govt money? You are quarapt!

gringringringringrin
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Firefire:

Can you please see beyond partisanship and be objective for once?

Our common wealth is being stolen and the same people are singing CHANGE and corruption free to the gullible.

May God expose all the corrupt politicians in Nigeria. They MUST return all the stolen wealth.
Those that stole must and will return the money...

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Firefire(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
omoakin111:
I once told a friend that if Buhari truly wants to look the past to fight corruption in Nigeria he should start by constructing a thousand unit of prisons in each state
cos he's definitely going to have a large chunk to imprison.

Imagine the Lame excuse by BRF... If its a government website.

1. How come it has his full name as the domain name?

2. How long will it continue to be a govt website

3. Why is the website up till now updating personal activities of the former governor

4. If this is a new initiative, why is LASG not setting up and funding website for other former governors

And some individuals are supporting this day light robbery. - SMH
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Firefire(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Those that stole must and will return the money...

Thank you... that is the spirit.

All of them MUST return the loot for the CHANGE to be effective.

Beginning from 1999 to 2015
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by aresa: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NSCDC Official Fires At A Truck In Akwa Ibom, Kills One (photo) / 2019: Igbos Are Lazy Thinkers, Acting Strangely – Prof. ABC Nwosu / Bukola Saraki Turns NBA Fan, Shows Support To Toronto Raptors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.