Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,065 members, 7,852,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola (27181 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property / (www.tundefashola.com Vs Peterayodelefayose.com) / Fashola Lied. Tundefashola.com Not Government Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by aresa: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeLaRue:

This seems a more reasonable response than Mr Fashola's own, but your explanation is not without its own problems:

- why were these 'other sites' not listed along with Mr Fashola's site in the list provided by the govt

- just as N70million is too much for a website or a series of websites, N10 million for several website including 'lifetime' maintenance is also implausibly low. How long is lifetime? 10, 20, 0 50, 100 years?

Sounds very unreasonable to list contract terms constituting tons of pages on such platform and if I might add, the company just asserted the terms of the contract so it's up to you, the state and the folks contesting the issue to counter the assertions with documented government records..

The burden is now on you and the state prove them wrong.

You can not in one breath determine what's to high and in another breath determine what's too low.

You are trying to have it both ways..

- i suppose 'lifetime' means to the end of Mr Fashola's tenure. So, has the website shut down now? If not, does it means Lagos tax payers are still paying for a website extolling/peddling Mr Fashola's messianic status.

Life time of the website means forever even after Fashola's departure from the surface of the earth.

The contents are the former governor's official engagements on behalf of the people of Lagos state so what's the meaning of messianic status?

Makes zero sense..

Finally, what do you say about an elected official using public funds to pay for a website that appears to be aimed solely at advancing Mr Fashola's own political standing. Are you comfortable with this.

The governor has his own personal website that he pays out of his pocket to build and maintain.

Besides, what's this got to do with your argument about what's too much or not too much for a website.

Your concern is for state legislatures to decide because they decide what gets budget for or not.

There really is no point asking PMB to fight corruption, but when it comes to an APC politician, we want to sweep everything under the carpet.

This can only damage the public's perception of the anti - corruption fight.

You are entitled to your personal opinion even though you still can not draw any kind of conclusion about corruption in this case till all the facts are out there for us all to see.

All you are peddling right now is innuendoes, rumor, conjectures and assumptions..

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Firefire:

Thank you... that is the spirit.
All of them MUST return the loot for the CHANGE to be effective.
Beginning from 1999 to 2015
I just Hope Baba's hands won't be tied by party big Whigs.....
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by vikyno(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
I always knew Fashola is a corrupt politician but most people are quick at defending him because of his media hype.

If it were to be Agbaje that won d last election and make this kind of revelation, the gullible ones would still come here to spit trash in Fashola's defense.

How can you say u made use of 10M to upgrade a website as against the 78M published. This is gross mismanagement if fund for crying out loud.

Lagos State has over 1trillion dollars as debt with less to show for it.
I believe more revelations will come soon. .

4 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
I lost my respect for Fashola when he started disrespecting and abusing President Jonathan openly. Can u imagine Fashola blaming a bank robbery on Jonathan's visit to lag and even saying the president was gallivanting around. That's when I lost it for the fool

8 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Website for N75m Is the domain server and hosting in Heaven? And to think these were the same set of people who criticized Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by nigerianvenom(m): 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
jmoore:

Who is lying, Fashola or Ambode?

Both are liars
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Firefire(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
PrivateRyan:
I lost my respect for Fashola when he started disrespecting and abusing President Jonathan openly. Can u imagine Fashola blaming a bank robbery on Jonathan's visit to lag and even saying the president was gallivanting around. That's when I lost it for the fool

cheesy
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by alexlee50: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is good for fashola. Let him drink from the same medicine of propaganda they have been ditching to the opposition.APC party of questionable people
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by iyobs7(f): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
989900:
One thing still beats me: if a project costs say $3m in North America or Europe, same project conventionally would cost half, or about a third in say India, China, or Indonesia, 'cause of cheaper labour and all . . . surprisingly, same project would cost 2-3 times in Nigeria what it costs in Europe or North America!

Seun ehen the reason why I spaced your name from the beginning of the "Ehen" was so that (,) and (.) does not prevent the mention from working... The above comment should please be scrolling on your frontpage biko... We should have a session where comments like this scroll up and own on frontpage, atleast one mod can take care of this. Please biko see to it.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by tpiander: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
989900:
One thing still beats me: if a project costs say $3m in North America or Europe, same project conventionally would cost half, or about a third in say India, China, or Indonesia, 'cause of cheaper labour and all . . . surprisingly, same project would cost 2-3 times in Nigeria what it costs in Europe or North America!

Not entirely correct, depends on context, but in any case, what are the costs of the source materials and any overheads?
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by duality(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
We really didn't need this to prove that a lot of looting was going on in this APC led government in Lagos. Just that it was done in a way that people can't easily see. besides, whilst looting, they were distracting nigerians by screaming corruption and pointing at PDP. Worst was our media which to me was under a strong spell. never to ask any pertinent question once it has to do with APC.

I know them so well.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Hunry: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fashola my Mentor, Buhari my Hero
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
searching4love:
ALLAHU AKBAR angry
So,ur religion practice the use of cutlass for jihad or what's there on the jihad logoCos,I don't actually understand it..Salaye fun mi die
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Philipelvis: 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Adewunmi84:
So,ur religion practice the use of cutlass for jihad or what's there on the jihad logoCos,I don't actually understand it..Salaye fun mi die

i will blend u to islam so u can be free. pm me so i can send u my number
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by richard870(m): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
olokedde:

In 2014, the Lagos State Government under Governor Babatunde Fashola SAN spent the sum of N78 million for the upgrade of the website – www.tundefashola.com according to a budget report on the website of the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency.

The contract, according to the contract details, was awarded to Info Access Plus Limited.

However Babatunde Raji Fashola, the Fomer Governor of Lagos State has come out to debunk claims that the website tundefashola.com is his personal website.

“It is imperative to state here that, the website in question is not Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola’s personal website but an official website which reports and documents his official activities as a way of socially accounting for his stewardship to the people of Lagos State. This initiative of having an official website for the Governor was to build on the earlier commitment to open access which saw Governor Fashola being the first serving governor to publish his telephone number on the pages of newspapers. As pressure mounted on that number, the website and all of its social media handles became alternative platforms for people to directly engage with their elected governor”, the press statement put out by Fashola’s media team reads.

As former Lagos State Governor, I set out to streamline easy access to myself, while in office and to document my activities for the citizens.
From 2008 and up till May 29, 2015, the www.tundefashola.com web site processed thousands of press releases/speeches, more than 6 million pictures, thousands of videos to generate world class, content-rich online information collateral for the former Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN.
The same www.tundefashola.com web site provided great opportunities for the Lagos State Government, as it collated all activities of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, and his government during his two terms.

According to Governor Fashola, the Lagos state government spent less than N10m on tundefashola.com and not N78M as claimed by the present Lagos state government.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/tundefasholacom-is-not-my-personal.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Na me get am nao......weyrey! Ole buruku!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2015
searching4love:

i will blend u to islam so u can be free. pm me so i can send u my number
Did that answer my question??
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by nicerichard05: 12:15am On Aug 09, 2015
[size=25pt]It beats my Imagination how some Nigerian Youth reason, your future and destiny is been eaten up by a particular few in the society yet you come here to try your best to defend this reckless spender called fashola! If only you no how much IGR comes to this state monthly then you would. Not be talking trash here

The fact is that nobody is clean when it comes to corruption and I get annoyed wen ever I see APC shouting we would fight corruption or PDP is corrupt

Do you think PMB is a fool or. A goat his ands are tied cos he knws where the election money came from

MOD pls do not ban me cos I wanna make this post very large so all dis silly and sleeping youths defending rubbish will get to read it.

#APC
#Hypocrites
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by demandtruth: 3:53am On Aug 09, 2015
it appears all you party followers have a brain touch.

how is it justifiable to see those figures for mere km or less
constructed for billions of naira.

renovations of houses for hundreds and billions of naira.
these are cheer evil and wickedness. unbelievable!

other than Buhari, they are all not different from the pdp`s
Jonathan. these people deserve death. shikena!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Reference(m): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmm...playing defence till 2019. Power, like opposition is bitter-sweet. Everyone can now see that mud sticks. Even hitherto Mr. Squeaky clean. Believe me there is plenty more. Just a matter of time.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Reference(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2015
DeLaRue:

Interesting. So, who are the good men in Nigeria?

There are none. You don't look for good men to run government. You establish the good in men by 'making' them run government. We can now see that Fashola is not a moral man but he was a great governor. Buhari on the other hand is supposed to be a moral man but with next to nothing in governance so far. Even OBJ the 'villan' has accomplished more.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by justmenoni: 5:56am On Aug 09, 2015
Did anyone see that printers inks were purchased for 39.5 million naira Jesus christ dats about 260,000 dollars
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by Reference(m): 5:59am On Aug 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Right from the Onset Ambode never liked Fashola, he was sacked by Fashola as Accountant general of Lagos state when allegations of corruption was levied against him...

Moreso, the IT firm have denied the allegations, says it quote 12.5M bt was paid 10M.... Ambode is trying to get get back at Fashola...

Ofcourse i can't say he's a saint bt this is too cheap

Yes that is politics. You rise by undermining the opposition. Fashola did it. The APC did it. You're lucky and should pray fervently that the opposition PDP never gets the state or else your temple of cards and human idols you worship will come crashing down.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 6:32am On Aug 09, 2015
socialmediaman:
Fashola says less than 10 million, if the government says otherwise, they should publish the official contract papers and details of the contract award so that we can judge for ourselves. Until then, I urge you guys to give Fashola the benefit of doubt, he is a respected gentleman with visible achievements as a governor

Do u read or just argue blindly? The govt said 78m with proof, Fash is saying 10m without proof, yet you're asking govt to show you official proof.

I suggest you read the post clearly, while you're at it, go through the attached file
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 6:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Haba na Fash......hahahaha!

Your name was used to create the website, you even acknowledged signing off the project yet it's not yours, no worry na me get am. .....kai! undecided

Even to update website no reach 10m! Lmao! Which type of website is that? Can we download food from it?

Still dey lie ontop lie.....you middle name must be Linus grin grin
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 6:48am On Aug 09, 2015
neocortex:

Read what you posted again to see if it makes sense,
why not name the site lagosgovernment.com so that
successive governors won't have to waste huge public money
to renovate it.

By the way , are you the developer of that website ?

Don't mind all this Linuses.
I bet Fash thought he'll be lagos governor forever, that's why he created it in his name....lmao!

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 6:51am On Aug 09, 2015
tpiander:
my opinion?

quality is what matters here.

i checked the website and its world class.

It's still not worth 10m as Fash claimed not to talk of the 78m he jobbed.
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2015
CustomSunday:
Greetings to the general public,
NIGERIA CUSTOMS (NATIONAL AUTHORIZED CAR AUCTIONS/
SALES) FOR 2015 HAS COMMENCED
WE HAVE
DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS VERY CLEAN AND BRAND NEW CARS
FOR SALE AT
CHEAPER PRICES.
WE ALSO HAVE REQUITMENT FORM AVAILABLE FOR BSC,
DIPLOMA, OND,HND.... Call 08061165112

Guy this scam don old na. Your mates now dey use white girl dating format now.

Some don even upgrade to atm machine begging. Leave this custom own..e don old.

1 Like

Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2015
aresa:

It's a lifetime contract with more than one website involved...

Obviously, the services provided goes beyond just website or just one website, it's a one time fee service with lifetime commitment to not only develop the websites, but to also service and manage more than one website including the Lagos state Countdown website for LIFE.

N10 million for all that is a great bargain..

Lagos state govt published proof of 78m, Fash didn't show us any proof for 10m. This grandstanding won't fly! Fash jobbed us QED.

You want change in our country, start with yourself!
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by CaptPlanet(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2015
aresa:

We are talking about designing, loading up and managing thousands of pictures, speeches and videos on multiple platforms on multiple websites with lifetime maintenance commitment built into the contract.

Obviously, the people of Lagos got a great bargain. Most of the folks crying here are the same internet trolls and tribal bigots..

Wtf are u going on about? A serving state governor spent 78m of state fund on a personal website and you're calling people trolls and bigots? What happened to common sense? Is it that you're having a hard time with comprehension?
Re: Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola by kane33: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria / Orji Kalu In Closed Door Meeting With Ali Modu-sheriff (Photos) / Obasanjo’s Letter To Edwin Clark (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.