Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! (4973 Views)

World Anti-Corruption Day: Nigeria's Ranking / List Of 46 Bills The Nigerian Senate Passed Yesterday / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by robby1(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2006
am i permitted to post pics from our party in cyprus? wink
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Ndipe(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2006
There is every reason to celebrate our independence day. Lets look at life in the positive angle, rather than dwelling on the negative side. It could be worse, wouldnt it, wars would have erupted, thereby reducing the country into ashes. But we Nigerians have so far proven resilient in the midst of the hardship that has befallen our country. We are known for our friendliness and happiness. Lets rejoice. Other countries have fared worse than ours.

I am happy to be a Nigerian. I dont know if I would have been happier, had I grown in some other country.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Lokoluv(f): 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2006
i am purely NIGERIAN cos i ws born on dis day n since d american dream is still been held high n pursued wth both might n power all i ask n crave 4 d NIGERIAN DREAM,where d nigerian police wil be paid bigger n better salaries without hussln 4 bribe,where our graduates wil be employed wthout any form of connectns watso eva.an elephant dat was chained to the feet to walk to a particular distance,wen released will continue to walk to d same distance bc it ws also chained in d mind.nigeriaNS HV LIVED THIS WAY SINCE D DAYS OF SLAVERYa,we live a life of midiocrity,stil thinkn dat it is our right to beg 4 wat is rightfully ours,we bless power holdn 4 givin us electricity 4 just 6hours a day,we re content wth the economy of 2dy bc it is our right to live in abject poverty.i crave 4 a NEW NIGERIA where justice shal reign over corruptn n instability
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by dblock(m): 4:43am On Oct 02, 2006
A TELEPHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN MR. WORLD AND MR. NIGERIA ON HIS 46TH BIRTHDAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. World: Hello, Nigeria. It is me, Mr. World. I just got your new number from your brother Oga Ghana. How far now?  

Mr. Nigeria: Ah , ah long time. Baba Uwa! (Father in Yoruba, World in Ibo). Na you be dis? You remembered me today.

Mr. World: Ah my brother, no vex. You know I am really surprised I got through to you easily. I thought I was calling Oga America. I can see that you have a new telephone system.

Mr. Nigeria: We thank God, we are moving forward.

Mr. World: Happy 46th Birthday oh. You are not getting younger. You must have some grey hair now.

Mr. Nigeria: (Laughing and adjusting his agbada and cap). Thank you oh. I am young at heart. I still have a lot of energy to live for many years.

Mr. World: so how is business? I hear that your oil is really hot cake now oh.

Mr. Nigeria: Ah, you know when my oil refineries cough, so many people catch cold. We are doing our best just that I need to take care of my children living in the oil area.

Mr. World: Talking of your children, I have been seeing many of them around lately. Some of them say you are chasing them away!

Mr. Nigeria: You know I have many children. Is it the ones in Asia, Europe or North America?

Mr. World: Well, they are everywhere. And they really look like you.

Mr. Nigeria: Well, please look after them for me. I really miss them but there are so many things they want me to do before they come home. I am trying. At least they can call me anytime.

Mr. World: so what plans do you have for today? It is not easy to be 46 oh!

Mr. Nigeria: Well, I have told them to slaughter some cows, so we can have a very big party. I think my children at home have some wonderful plans for me today------maybe a surprise! We have a lot to celebrate, we are alive and moving forward. You are all invited. I will like to teach you older brothers how to dance even when things are not very smooth. (He shuffles his feet to the right and left, displaying some dance steps)

Mr. World: Ah, I remember those dance moves. You never change! Enjoy your day. Sorry I can't make it to the big party today, there are so many issues I have to deal with. But I will make sure I tell people about your oil so that you can make more money.

Mr. Nigeria: Ah, no problem. Thank You for calling, you see you have no more excuse for not keeping in touch oh. I guess this is your number, so I will store it on my phone. I will "speed dial" you anytime. Bye.

Dear Nigeria, as you celebrate your 46th birthday, may you find more strength and courage to move on. Look behind and learn from your mistakes and look ahead to see your opportunities. Many are also on this journey with you, but you will determine your stride. You will fly someday. You may be crawling and walking now but we know you will run very fast soon, and you will take off, and fly for the world to see the beautiful colours that you have. We celebrate your communication revolution, your Debt payments, your hydro projects to improve electricity and your fight against corruption, amongst may others.

The Giant of Africa………………Live up to your name.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by dblock(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2006
Go naija is ur birthday, u know da rest

Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by abdulwale(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2006
although nigeria is not good, but the truth is that nigeria at 46 is far better than america at 46. i am a proud nigerian. nigeria is bound to be great, only the set of people that resides in it are not good. the country needs different set of people to be great
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by ogasir: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
Congrats Nigeria
All is not lost yet
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by twinkledew(f): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2006
hi Tmoni.

Just saw that you r a student of Aberdeen University. sounds cool. I live in London and have never been up north before. how is night life down in Aberdeen?
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Kajiang02(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2006
tnks 2 God 4 dat.
Congrats Nigerians,
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Yusufadeto(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2006
nice one Dblack. that was really interesting, i really like that, may we be growing stronger and stronger everyday, though we just improve on some part in which the world recognice most, but all the citizen are yet to be satisfies, because the real GDP are growing, but the capita income is too low, that is what we need yet, if the citizen can enjoy high real per capita real GNP, i assure you, that Nigeria will grow within a year or two, we can make it possible but it will just need some sacrifice, but if we can make the sacrifice, Nigeria will grow alot faster, than anyone imagined
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by queen2(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2006
ha ha ive read dat dblock, funny

Happy belated 46th independence day Nigeria
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by ib4lover(m): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2006
There is nothing to be happy about because a fool at 40 remains a fool forever.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by S1mpson(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2006
Like a broda wuld say"if u don't stand 4 somtin u`ll fall 4 anytin".if u are not proud 2 b a 9gerian,don't b surprised wen u wake up one day and find urself in Rwanda cry cry cry or afghanistan, i hope by then u'll b proud to b there. shocked shocked shocked shocked.But 4 me it's 9ja or nowhere cool cool cool cool cool cool though yankee is OKgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Yusufadeto(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2006
Thanx my brother, u have to be proud of ur country, Nigeria will still one of the best soon
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by domwas2(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2006
thanks to God
we need more of changes,because we deserves it
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by CrazyMan(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2006
First, i must congratulate Nigeria on her 46 Independence.
Happy Independence Nigeria.
But please note this:
Nigeria is a country wihich is blessed in all aspects. ie Physically, academically, socially, socio-culturally, interactively, Natural resources and others.
So it amuses me or can i say it makes me cry, when i take a look at out present conditions.
and see how malnourished most average masses are. how most people can't even afford three square meals a day. how crime has increased rapidly. how innocent people suffer and the guilty ones go on punished. how PHCN can't leave power eeven for one day.
Then we ask ourselves. Is this Independence worth celebrating?
can i boastfully come out and wish my fellow Nigerians a happy Independence?
These are factors we need to examine properly in Nigeria.
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by sucess001(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2006
A lot of us ve acess 2 d internet.personaly am sendin dis from my fone.however can we spare a thot 4 those in d villages.d truth is Nig has abundant resources 2 be existin d way we r.theres nothin 2 b happy about but its a time 4 sober reflectns
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by sucess001(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2006
A lot of us ve acess 2 d internet.personaly am sendin dis from my fone.however can we spare a thot 4 those in d villages.d truth is Nig has abundant resources 2 be existin d way we r.theres nothin 2 b happy about but its a time 4 sober reflectns
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by sucess001(m): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2006
Re: Independence Day: Nigeria At 46. Hurray! by Falciparum(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2006
Naija 4 Life

We're developing no doubt and i must say its fast i when in SS3 i felt i would have my first phone when i'll be a graduate well in my 1st year (a yr + later) i had one. i never thought of paying my own phone bill but here am i paying mine and others and i have a laptop to myself all b4 my 3rd yr in school Brothers that is development and this couldnt be achieved by a lot of peeps in the mid 90's .

I left Eko for Calabar which most would call a village especially when u ahvent been there and i'm amazed of whats here so cool so secure so neat and so much fun although not compared to Lag but its gunning for that position as the No.1 entertainment spot in this country

I love this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Money List: Top 21 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Omg!!! Suddenly Nta News Now Tell Us Gen Buhari Actually Has A Certificate / The Death Of OPC And The Impending Problem (yorubas Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.