Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka (39120 Views)

Economic Growth Under Jonathan Was Fake – Olu Ajakaiye, World Bank Consultant / Godswill Akpabio Held Hostage By Crowd After His Court Of Appeal Victory. Pics / Jonathan Was Not Attacked In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by longayink: 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
For how many more times shall this Soyinka Vs Jonathan meeting be published,?

Soyinka and his group need to celebrate for giving Buhari to Nigeria as president, in a country filled with young and well-educated elite.

Last election, Southwest's Catholic Cardinal, Catholic Bishops, Nobel laureate, Retired Military Generals, name who is who in the South West, joined Tinubu in APC and gave us Buhari after a most deceptive political campaign of falsehood ever heard anywhere.

Why does Soyinka now abuse the priviledge of meeting with Jonathan then?

Let the Southwest and northern Nigeria continue with their pillage of the former Southeast region. But one day Go be one day...

The countries forcefully joined to the old Soviet Union were able to free themselves, despite all the nuclear heads in Russia's control then.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by timunstopable: 11:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Liar Aisha never called any1 prostitute. Same lies that made Gej lose election

IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The only thing I deduced from this thread is Prof. Soyinka's deep seated hatred for Mrs Patience Jonathan (Mama Peace).

If what Mrs Jonathan did is repeated today by Mrs Aisha Buhari, nobody will take it personal nor run it in the media like the North-Southwest print and online media coalition and "allied forces".

When Mrs Aisha was alleged to have called Edo ladies "Pros.titute", Prof raised no voice then nor will he today because Mrs Aisha Buhari will never be his target.

Even with Mrs Remi Tinubu's overbearing attention in the Senate, she is still protected by the media.

Poor Goodluck Jonathan, poor south-South Minority.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BishopMagic: 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
longayink:

Soyinka and his group need to celebrate for giving Buhari to Nigeria as president, in a country filled with young and well-educated elite.

Last election, Southwest's Catholic Cardinal, Catholic Bishops, Retired Military Generals, name who is who in the South West, joined Tinubu in APC and gave us Buhari after a most deceptive political campaign of falsehood ever heard anywhere.

Let the Southwest and northern Nigeria continue with their pillage of the former Southeast region. But one day Go be one day...

The countries forcefully joined to the old Soviet Union were able to free themselves, despite all the nuclear heads in Russia's control then.

Soyinka is a disgrace.

I have lost all respect I had from this old fool and have come to see him as a cheapskate hustler.

Soyinka is merely trying to distance himself from this disgraceful administration which he worked tirelessly openly to support.

Leave these old fools. They have nothing to lose because they know they are not part of the future.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Kingspin(m): 11:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

What is I belt you? Do you want to flog someone?
hahahah! not really let me use d right word.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by kay29000(m): 11:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Just as TINUBU, THE CHICAGO DRUG BAAAAYRON, who financed HONEY BOO-BOO'S campaign for 16 years will continue to hold him hostage in LIFE AND DEATH!!!! grin

Nigeria and the poliTRICKS of GOD FADARIZM!!!!!

Sai HONEY-BOO-BOO!!!!! cheesy

Who the F is Honey Boo Boo?
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by ldpele(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The only thing I deduced from this thread is Prof. Soyinka's deep seated hatred for Mrs Patience Jonathan (Mama Peace).

If what Mrs Jonathan did is repeated today by Mrs Aisha Buhari, nobody will take it personal nor run it in the media like the North-Southwest print and online media coalition and "allied forces".

When Mrs Aisha was alleged to have called Edo ladies "Pros.titute", Prof raised no voice then nor will he today because Mrs Aisha Buhari will never be his target.

Even with Mrs Remi Tinubu's overbearing attention in the Senate, she is still protected by the media.

it isn't easy oo, can recall one or two issue he has spoken for the south-south. He camped for amnesty for the youth of the region and told the west, his people not to raise much dust about the attack on one of the jetties at Lagos that was been attacked by mend, that the jetty was actually built by the resource from that region. But I still believe he detest mama P.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by TheNonce: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
grin

Oh yes! He was held hostage by greed, corruption, _stupidity and lots of hennessy! Next excuse please!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by azzima(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2015
INCOMPETENCE is a disease! This guy(GEJ) is not even fit to be a local govt chairman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2015
azzima:
INCOMPETENCE is a disease! This guy(GEJ) is not even fit to be a local govt chairman.
But He was your President for 6 good years.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Ekaka1(m): 12:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Mstewweeeewwww.....
Senile old hag who can't afford a blade or even some cheap hair dye cool
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by midolian(m): 12:04am On Aug 11, 2015
knowledgeable:

Truthfully, not every aspect of his government was good, and corruption was one of them, but compared with previous northern governments, Jonathan's government was really transforming some sectors even with corruption and bokoharam. What I can never understand is why the yorubas viciously fought Jonathan , a fellow southerner as if he has committed genocide on their tribe, only to favor time tested failures from the north. I guess it has to do with extreme hatred of Igbos, but at the same time have refused to part ways with them(Igbos).
it amazes me how u people keep saying Jonathan was voted out cos of the hatred pple have for the igbos. Were the yorubas and others u accuse of hating not the ones that voted GEJ in the year 2011? Pls let's call a spade a spade. Jonathan failed..and woefully did he fail. I am not supposed to say this but I have to. I remember during the 2011 elections when I was mobilizing for GEJ..mobilized pple from far and near to come and do the thing for him. It was all for the luv I had for him...but after seeing that he z got little or nothing to offer, I changed my mind. So did many. Its a simple thing. This isn't about hating the igbos. Jonathan is not igbo. He is ijaw. And even the ijaws don't take it personal as you guys in d east do. If Jonathan performed well, pple would have voted for him in the just concluded election. Nobody wants to suffer abeg!

Note that Nigerians are only giving Buhari a try. If he performs, then we ll have to continue with his party ..And if otherwise, we ll have to kick him out like uncle J. (Well, he is already making us proud, so I guess there ll be no need for that.)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by bashsani(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2015
coolestrogue:
Imagine a soyinka without a nobel price, he's no different from a tout.
Chinua achebe is far better than him, or do you want to compare any of achebe works to soyinka greatest work of all time,"lion and the jewel"?
I want to believe they gave him that award by "error"
hey we neva finish this one u wan start another one,tribal war no de tire u
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by coolestrogue(m): 12:08am On Aug 11, 2015
bashsani:
hey we neva finish this one u wan start another one,tribal war no de tire u
I just said the truth, counter it if you think otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by philips70(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2015
Beremx:
typical of TANoids, you sure know me personally to think I am a tout. Probably you want me to insult your wife if you what us to go personal.

Shameless hypocrite!!

That guy has a wife? She better go join the singles fellowship in church because that's exactly what she is.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by midolian(m): 12:14am On Aug 11, 2015
coolestrogue:
Imagine a soyinka without a nobel price, he's no different from a tout.
Chinua achebe is far better than him, or do you want to compare any of achebe works to soyinka greatest work of all time,"lion and the jewel"?
I want to believe they gave him that award by "error"
I know you are just joking. So I will spare u

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by coolestrogue(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2015
midolian:
I know you are just joking. So I will spare u
I know you don't have any point to defend this man, so I will spare you.
Even his kids won't defend him, achebe is far better than this man.
Name any work that is up to international standard, I dare you to name any.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by coolestrogue(m): 12:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Beremx:
typical of TANoids, you sure know me personally to think I am a tout. Probably you want me to insult your wife if you what us to go personal.

Shameless hypocrite!!
See your life, insulting another lady's husband, where is your own husband?
Old she/he-g**t.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 11, 2015
knowledgeable:

Truthfully, not every aspect of his government was good, and corruption was one of them, but compared with previous northern governments, Jonathan's government was really transforming some sectors even with corruption and bokoharam. What I can never understand is why the yorubas viciously fought Jonathan , a fellow southerner as if he has committed genocide on their tribe, only to favor time tested failures from the north whose corruption is legendary and is seen as a potent economic weapon in fighting the infidels. I guess it has to do with extreme hatred of Igbos, but at the same time have refused to part ways with them(Igbos).
I don't think u stayed in Nigeria when corruption was stinking in Nigeria from every corner. is it d refurbished old trains u call transformation & how in God's name would u type this nonsense " Jonathan's
government was really transforming some sectors
even with corruption and bokoharam. "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by tman4real21(m): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2015
soyinka is a typical Yoruba man. Yorubas rigged da election with hausa/fulani pple in favour of the Association of Past Criminals 'APC' Yoruba hatred for Biafrians right from time immeorial... #RadioBiafra will keep exposing u all...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by joseph1832(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2015
The article above and the picture below proves that our former president GEJ is clueless and senseless. E.O.D!!!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by UpLoyo: 12:42am On Aug 11, 2015
BishopMagic:

Soyinka is a disgrace.

I have lost all respect I had from this old fool and have come to see him as a cheapskate hustler.

Soyinka is merely trying to distance himself from this disgraceful administration which he worked tirelessly openly to support.

Leave these old fools. They have nothing to lose because they know they are not part of the future.

Look at this clown grin You lost all respect for Soyinka? You must be living in a fool's paradise, somebody that doesn't even know of your existence in life grin grin grin grin Some of you are just too stup1d and the more you try to say something smart, the more you show you foolishness. Like the guy needed you attain anything in life, do you even have any clue what being a Nobel Laureate? Without people like him that fought IBB, id1iots like you won't be here talking nonsense, the only hope you have in this life was because of people like him, so shut your trap and drown yourself in your own whatever respect you have left that no one gives a damn about.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by UpLoyo: 12:44am On Aug 11, 2015
tman4real21:
soyinka is a typical Yoruba man. Yorubas rigged da election with hausa/fulani pple in favour of the Association of Past Criminals 'APC' Yoruba hatred for Biafrians right from time immeorial... #RadioBiafra will keep exposing u all...

Shut your trap already, all this your Biafara nonsense is really getting boring don't you think? When you all wake up from your sleep, you'll find something else better to cry about.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by midolian(m): 12:57am On Aug 11, 2015
coolestrogue:

I know you don't have any point to defend this man, so I will spare you.
Even his kids won't defend him, achebe is far better than this man.
Name any work that is up to international standard, I dare you to name any.
you are a f00lish kid, brother. All Soyinka's works are up to international standard. Need I remind you that Soyinka is the first African writer to win the nobel prize? Well, mayb u were not born then. Or you think the nobel prize is bn awarded in Nigeria?SMH 4 u.. This same nobel prize was what ya brothers were begging soyinka for to help chinua achibe achieve even in death.

because you read "The lion and the jewel" in school, you think that is his only work? cheesy cheesy grow up boy,. Here are some of his works you ve never heard of: "Death and the King's Horseman", "the swamp dwellers", "the trials of brother Jero", "you must set forth at dawn, the man died", "Climate of Fear: The Quest for Dignity in a Dehumanized World", "Of Africa","The Burden of Memory", "the Muse of Forgiveness", "Isara: A Voyage Around Essay", "season of anomy", "the road" and many others are all international works. It seems u don't even know what it means to be given such an award. Go and ask ya parents, orem. https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/978.Wole_Soyinka

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by midolian(m): 1:05am On Aug 11, 2015
coolestrogue:

I never insulted you sir, I rest my case.
sorry for the insult. I must have over-reacted. But always get your facts right b4 coming to a forum where there are millions of pple to embarrass yaself. Believe me, there are more than enough books. I just can't mention them all. Check the link I provided in the previous post.

And here is the link where ya brothers/pipu where begging soyinka to help Achebe get the award even in death http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/20/chinua-achebe-nobel-prize-wole-soyinka ..Learn to respect Soyinka. You shldnt becos of ya hatred for the yoruba's not give respect to whom it is due in their clan. #Peace

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by 2n2k(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2015
longayink:

Last election, Southwest's Catholic Cardinal, Catholic Bishops, Retired Military Generals, name who is who in the South West, joined Tinubu in APC and gave us Buhari after a most deceptive political campaign of falsehood ever heard anywhere.

BishopMagic:

Soyinka is a disgrace.

If you take time to read and comprehend that publication again, you will find out that the interview was conducted by the EFCC before the election. Soyinka stated it clearly that he only disclosed those matters because the interview would not be published before the election as he didn't want to be seen as favoring either GEJ of GMB.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by nijanigga: 1:24am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Get a life dude, Mrs Aisha is very decent and learned and will never behave like Sheppopotamus.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Parosho(m): 1:27am On Aug 11, 2015
2n2k:

If you take time to read and comprehend that publication again, you will find out that the interview was conducted by the EFCC before the election. Soyinka stated it clearly that he only disclosed those matters because the interview would not be published before the election as he didn't want to be seen as favoring either GEJ of GMB.
I believe the major problem on this board is because most people don't usually read the contents of most threads. They only make their comments by mere reading the thread heading and some people comments and alas!, they drop their insipid comments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by nijanigga: 1:27am On Aug 11, 2015
2n2k:

The guy more than likely got F9 in English language or he is just a bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Parosho(m): 1:31am On Aug 11, 2015
midolian:
sorry for the insult. I must have over-reacted. But always get your facts right b4 coming to a forum where there are millions of pple to embarrass yaself. Believe me, there are more than enough books. I just can't mention them all. Check the link I provided in the previous post.

And here is the link where ya brothers/pipu where begging soyinka to help Achebe get the award even in death http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/20/chinua-achebe-nobel-prize-wole-soyinka ..Learn to respect Soyinka. You shldnt becos of ya hatred for the yoruba's not give respect to whom it is due in their clan. #Peace
midolian!!!
You are a sure dude. That response of yours to that "muntullah" up there was a fatal knockout.
I doff my hat niccccuuur!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics) / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin / 36 States Governors Meet President Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.