Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka (39117 Views)

Economic Growth Under Jonathan Was Fake – Olu Ajakaiye, World Bank Consultant / Godswill Akpabio Held Hostage By Crowd After His Court Of Appeal Victory. Pics / Jonathan Was Not Attacked In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by socialmediaman: 2:14am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The only thing I deduced from this thread is Prof. Soyinka's deep seated hatred for Mrs Patience Jonathan (Mama Peace).

If what Mrs Jonathan did is repeated today by Mrs Aisha Buhari, nobody will take it personal nor run it in the media like the North-Southwest print and online media coalition and "allied forces".

When Mrs Aisha was alleged to have called Edo ladies "Pros.titute", Prof raised no voice then nor will he today because Mrs Aisha Buhari will never be his target.

Even with Mrs Remi Tinubu's overbearing attention in the Senate, she is still protected by the media.

Poor Goodluck Jonathan, poor south-South Minority.

I disagree. When Turai did something similar when her husband took I'll, she was publicly criticized

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by socialmediaman: 2:16am On Aug 11, 2015
gabazin080:
We all know this before. The man has a good heart was just surrounded by thiefs who controls him like remote control.
God bless GEJ MY HERO AND FAYOSE MY MENTOR

But why did you want someone under remote control to continue leading Nigeria? Thank us for doing the right thing and pushing him out, we did it for Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by malikisah: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
watch APC supporters have fun on this thread.... grin

midolian what's your comment on this and the fact LadyF has switched back to (f) after my protests on male comments on females on this forum.
can't blame you as yu cannot give what yu don't have

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by malikisah: 3:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Kingspin:
We know, the past govt spend 50% of their time waging war against political/economic cabals, bokoharam etc while the other 50% was use to work/build some federal roads and aviation remodelling, railways, power plants, agriculture etc. During the last election, I saw clear-cut hatred, anger and senitment been driven by politicians become of power that should ordinarily belong to Nigerian people. Some political experts said the atmosphere was over whelm by fear of the unknown such situation were belive to have never occur in Nigeria. To the extent that a group far away in America saw it all and predict that the country will break up by 2015. I bet u if the same cabals mount against Buhari his govt will also collapse. What we need now is to restructure Nigeria for nationally development. Right now, the country is not an investing destination rather a consuming nation. And for how long do we continue to live from hands to mouth? too bad.
are yu joking!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by malikisah: 3:08am On Aug 11, 2015
I bet bros soyinka is playing with words as usual, otherwise I am finding it difficult to figure out who he is referring to as intelligent her when jona obviously spent most of his tenure demonstratin g how intelligent he really is!
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 11, 2015
longayink:
For how many more times shall this Soyinka Vs Jonathan meeting be published,?

Soyinka and his group need to celebrate for giving Buhari to Nigeria as president, in a country filled with young and well-educated elite.

Last election, Southwest's Catholic Cardinal, Catholic Bishops, Retired Military Generals, name who is who in the South West, joined Tinubu in APC and gave us Buhari after a most deceptive political campaign of falsehood ever heard anywhere.

Why does Soyinka now abuse the priviledge of meeting with Jonathan then?

Let the Southwest and northern Nigeria continue with their pillage of the former Southeast region. But one day Go be one day...

The countries forcefully joined to the old Soviet Union were able to free themselves, despite all the nuclear heads in Russia's control then.
go and sleep. taking everything tribal..... Igbos hate truth and the whole world know u people for that now. This is very shameful for a region that have the most traveled citizens across the world.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by lovemoi2(f): 4:40am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The only thing I deduced from this thread is Prof. Soyinka's deep seated hatred for Mrs Patience Jonathan (Mama Peace).

If what Mrs Jonathan did is repeated today by Mrs Aisha Buhari, nobody will take it personal nor run it in the media like the North-Southwest print and online media coalition and "allied forces".

When Mrs Aisha was alleged to have called Edo ladies "Pros.titute", Prof raised no voice then nor will he today because Mrs Aisha Buhari will never be his target.

Even with Mrs Remi Tinubu's overbearing attention in the Senate, she is still protected by the media.

it will not be repeated because even I as a woman will not embarass myself like Patience Jonathan
she was a disgrace to women

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by citizenY(m): 5:00am On Aug 11, 2015
gabazin080:
We all know this before. The man has a good heart was just surrounded by thiefs who controls him like remote control.
God bless GEJ MY HERO AND FAYOSE MY MENTOR

Yes..but this hostage did not want to escape. He was enjoying it. Or was he too dumb to realise thst?

From the Look of things he was a hostage from the day he married Mama peace. And later met Alams, OBj, and the big chics.. Ngozi, Diezani abd Stella. Come add Clarj and Bling bling pastor join . My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

midolian what's your comment on this and the fact LadyF has switched back to (f) after my protests on male comments on females on this forum.

Yhu and LadyF, una be winches wallahi
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

Yhu and LadyF, una be winches wallahi.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:21am On Aug 11, 2015
oduastates:
many will miss the most important accusation in this interview

Facism. That word perfectly describes Jonathan's government and I described the government like that a couple of times last year.

Under fascism, the state, through official cartels, controlled all aspects of manufacturing, commerce, finance, and agriculture. Planning boards set product lines, production levels, prices, wages, working conditions, and the size of firms. Licensing was ubiquitous; no economic activity could be undertaken without government permission. The consequent burdening of manufacturers gave advantages to foreign firms wishing to export. Fascism was thus incompatible with peace and the international division of labor

Fascism embodied corporatism, in which political representation was based on trade and industry rather than on geography.The government cartelized firms of the same industry, with representatives of labor and management serving on myriad local, regional, and national boards—subject always to the final authority of the dictator’s economic plan.
Jonathan is the Benito Mussolini of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:23am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Could you define hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 5:24am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Put sock in it Comrade, you duplicitous Zionist wannabe.

Everyone know that Mrs Jonathan was in the same league as other Jezebels, who were to prove the undoing of their other halves, so what the Bleep are you on about?

What would it take for you to tow a less dishonourable path, by doing away with such jaundiced reasoning, eh?

And yes, I have decided to throw decorum to the gallows - your inanities compelled it!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 5:30am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I said "alleged" in my submission that you quoted just to let you know that I am not irrational neither did I arrived at such conclusion.

As for the source of my reference.

The excerpt and reactions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/edo-prostitutes-comment-activist-berates-aisha-buhari/

This is why I said poor Jonathan, poor mama Peace.

Aisha Buhari and Remi Tinubu (even Stella Oduah) have armies to defend them no matter what is at stake, unlike our minority President and his family.

But you were part of an online Army that was perennially going out on limb for poor Jonathan and poor mama Peace.
Are you trying to rewrite history for the uninformed?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by jtwest(m): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2015
Chai! Bro wole!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by 4stylz: 5:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Now I believe what obj said about this man, he is better at collecting wines than politics
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by jamesharryson(m): 5:42am On Aug 11, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
provide a source were MRS Buhari was QUOTED calling edo girls prostitute or you 4eva remain silent...

My dear, just shut up and stop ranting nonsense. Are u reAlly a NigeriAn or you just came back from the moon? It is only you that did not hear the statement during campaign in Edo state or maybe since the campaign is over, statements are now forgotten
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 5:44am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Boy, I am in a position to say it as I see it notwithstanding whose ox is gored.

Prof Soyinka has undeniable interest in ex-Gov Amaechi and family hence sided with Amaechi against the perceived enemy of his friend.

You forgot his famous and degrading nomenclature he used to describe Mrs Jonathan? He address her as Shippopotamus and mere appendage to the presidency (in a layman's language, kitchenware)

Let no sane human defend or deny the Profs unreserved hatred for everything Mrs Jonathan represented.

You are evil for suggesting President Jonathan rein on the wife based on rumours as if there has been any President who reined on the wife previously.

Poor Mrs Jonathan, everyone finds pleasure in denigrating you directly or otherwise.

^^^So Soyinka subverted 'national interest' to curry favour with Amaechi? The same Soyinka who took to the streets to defend our nascent democracy, in his advanced age, thus helping midwife Jonathan's ascendancy to power?
Is that the kind of puerile logic you expect sane minds to process?

You rank among the worst hypocrites I know on these boards, comrade - there are no two ways about it.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 5:47am On Aug 11, 2015
4stylz:
Now I believe what obj said about this man, he is better at collecting wines than politics

No real surprises here. It is the way fickle minds reason.

“Something you have said to me and I failed to listen’ Ribadu admitted that he realised very late that Obasanjo was using him.

“So we have to destroy that link between power and corruption. Audu Ogbeh confirmed what I am telling you. Then, it was ‘go after this one, go after that one, ahh you did not arrest him? Arrest his mother! I am challenging Obasanjo to deny it.

So, when you are looking for corruption, you should look at the entire stratum of the society, while some forms of corruption are direct, others are indirect.

The professor also criticised the former President on his choice of campaign managers during the presidential elections, noting that he phoned Jonathan and cautioned him on his choice of former Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniel, as one of his managers.

“Do you need somebody like that? What about somebody like Gbenga Daniel who closed down a legislature for almost a year? When I heard this, I called Jonathan, I asked him, ‘is this your understanding of democracy.”

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 5:52am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

One thing I am sure and certain is that you are no where near Mrs Jonathan in terms of virtue and humanity.

Look inwardly to see the tout in you before calling others tout.

My Zionist comrade swears by Mrs Jonathan's virtues and humanity?
Even the cat next door is still reeling with laughter... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by SirShymexx: 6:09am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Ngwakwe, what you posited just shows how deceptive, cunning, and dishonest you are. You deflected everything he said - to make it about one woman - whilst intentionally and maliciously ignoring the elephant in the room.

I know what you did up there - and anyone conversant with GEJ's government should be able to discern the obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 6:10am On Aug 11, 2015
SirShymexx:

Ngwakwe, what you posited just shows how deceptive, cunning, and dishonest you are. You deflected everything he said - to make it about one woman - whilst intentionally and maliciously ignoring the elephant in the room.

I know what you did up there - and anyone conversant with GEJ's government should be able to discern the obvious.

Innit though, bruthaman from the South-side.
He is deft at the art of deflection.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Ebukaokeke25: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2015
This wudnt stop d fed from prosecuting n sending him 2 jail 4 his corrupt administration.Q.E.D!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by wazobiaN9(m): 6:21am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You put madam Patience Jonathan on the same pedestal as Aisha Buhari... really that shows your deep seated hatred and bigotry, maybe even lack of common sense.

You don't even sound convinced yourself, nor convincing in the manner you described the allegation against Aisha Buhari (not surprising because it does not align with her character that you and I know). None of the women you mentioned versus madam Jonathan can be as crude and caustic as she was even if they tried all their worst.

Please receive c'mon sense

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by SirShymexx: 6:22am On Aug 11, 2015
BannedOtherView:

Innit though, bruthaman from the South-side.
He is deft at the art of deflection.

Lol. Big Uncle, the guy is a scam artist lol.

In as much as GEJ's wife was overbearing and was a disaster to his image - we all know those who ran the show, from the de-facto PM who doubled up as the Finance Minister, to the Petroleum Minister, to the Secretary to the Government, and to every other important aspect that brought GEJ's administration to its knees - and robbed Nigerians of hundreds of billions of dollars.

Ngwakwe has never been a smart guy anyway - it is very easy to see through his shenanigans.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by menxer: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2015
...but GEJ had already said he was in a cage (prison) for the duration he was in government.

Imagine, he was not even the zoo keeper as assumed. grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by BannedOtherView: 6:32am On Aug 11, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Big Uncle, the guy is a scam artist lol.

In as much as GEJ's wife was overbearing and was a disaster to his image - we all know those who ran the show, from the de-facto PM who doubled up as the Finance Minister, to the Petroleum Minister, to the Secretary to the Government, and to every other important aspect that brought GEJ's administration to its knees - and robbed Nigerians of hundreds of billions of dollars.

Ngwakwe has never been a smart guy anyway - it is very easy to see through his shenanigans.

The gods know that I have repeatedly warned him about the lasting effects of zealotry. grin
Has he be listening? I am afraid not.

How anyone can hope to emerge from Jonathan's cult of personality by skipping the mandatory 'cold turkey' phase is, quite frankly, beyond me. LoL.
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by menxer: 6:36am On Aug 11, 2015
wazobiaN9:

You put madam Patience Jonathan on the same pedestal as Aisha Buhari... really that shows your deep seated hatred and bigotry, maybe even lack of common sense.

You don't even sound convinced yourself, nor convincing in the manner you described the allegation against Aisha Buhari (not surprising because it does not align with her character that you and I know). None of the women you mentioned versus madam Jonathan can be as crude and caustic as she was even if they tried all their worst.

Please receive c'mon sense

if God tried and couldn't install common sense in him, na you go come dash am? grin
Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

south south is not minority if we unite. Unfortunately igbos r tarnishing the relevance of the whole south with bigotry and tribalism ideology.
WOLE SOYINKA IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THE NORTH SURRENDER POWER TO GEJ WHEN YARADUA WAS ILL. I REMEMBER SEEING WOLE SOYINKA ON CNN, BBC AND THE STREET OF ABUJA PROTESTING FOR GEJ.

AISHA BUHARI DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT EDO GIRLS. IF YOU HAVE TRAVELED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, YOU WILL KNOW HOW THESE GIRLS ARE TRAFFICKED AND ABUSED FOR PROSTITUTION. EVEN LUCKY IGBINIDION WIFE TRAVELED TO ITALY TO DEPROT SOME EDO PROSTITUTES.

In cotonou here, Nigeria prostitute is as cheap as 1,000 CFA which is equivalent to 300 naira for s3x. we need to wake up and smell the coffee.
If igbos hate truth, the south should not be part of it. Let igbos carry their hate cross and wallow in ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by Seawhy(m): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2015
Sir, GEJ was never under any hostage.
The truth is that he was too quite to rule a local government, how much more a state or a country. This was a president under 5 presidents as stated by OBJ. Could we remember when his wife was in control and she will be greeting personalities in front, while he Mr President will be at the back. Nigerians criticized it until he stopped her. The key word is that he is too soft even in taking decision, a typical example is the chibok girls issue that took him two solid week to believe there was abduction. This is exactly why those girls are still there, because if he had taken a prompt action at the right time, they would have been stopped. PDP knew all these and still wanted him to come back and I thank God for Nigerians that said no and the result is what we are seeing now.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka by solonazzy: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

u said alleged....Dis patience case is nt allegation...its wat she really said, really tried to stir up...from a 1st lady...c, no moral justification for her talks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! / NLC Calls For Public Holiday Over Postponement Of General Elections / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.