Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,677 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (34238 Views)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / 5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Liadi2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
kamez:

send ur detailed CV and other necessary photocopies of ur certs to kamalualozie@yahoo.com.

pls note that I'm not making any promises, but I will .make sure ur CV gets to my company's HR dept.

One love
ur boy also study electrical and Electronics Engineering and my option is Electronics and Telecommunications pls any help dis is my mail Biodunayodele68@gmail.com, am about to finish my nysc, it will end by October
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by detutu1: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
i got my first job via an advert on Nairaland...the second also on Nairaland....I got my current job via a jobsite. smiley
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sevule(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
Through www.dice.com. However it is only applicable to residents of the US as it caters to jobs in America. Jobs I got when I was in Nigeria

1. NYSC
2. Naijahotjobs
3. Jobberman
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Adet5(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
I am a fresh graduate, studied Business Administration, i will be going for nysc in oct/nov, i av skill in videography/photography. i am looking forward to join Nigeria Police or any para millitary service in the country, i will be happy if anyone can link me up. Okedokunb@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sukkot: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
IceDude:
U serve humanity right? Ok i want u to hook me up with a slim ebony babe
i dey come bros. * slim ebony babe loading .......... *
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
WoodenGate:
what and what can u do as a computer engineering graduate?

Am good at installation and maintenance.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sukkot: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Start by sending me £500 wink grin
wait bros. i got your back * 500 pounds loading ........... * grin grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ExInferis(m): 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
iyatrustee:
I was marketing for my previous employer and went to see a client in my present office.

I was persistent and the man had no other choice than to buy the services i was selling.

There was an opening along the line and he asked if i was interested.

That was a little more than 10years ago

the bolded is open to so many interpretations wink wink

#innuendo

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ExInferis(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
moscobabs:

your location pls. send your mail to moscobabs8@gmail. com if u r in lagos

beware! no gree! that's how they killed one girl on facebook!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
sukkot:
what job ?. i am here to serve humanity not to work. yall let me know what i can do for yall cheesy
bros u cn hlp me,, am in need of cash. Schooling things
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
please kindly help with any job in administrative, HR, logistics, PA, Customer Care positions, editing/Proof-reading, hospitality, NGOs, etc.

I have B.A. (M.A. too) in religious studies and have many years experience working in administration in church-based organisations. I'm currently in level PE 1 of CIPM.

I do not have connections, but my values. I want a career change to a secular position. I am the kind of member of staff you want on your team. I am hardworking, honest and resourceful. I am willing to learn and start a new career.

Location: Lagos/Ogun, but I'm willing to relocate if somewhere else. I will consider Internship too.

my email: sammydirectly@gmail.com

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by cmonek(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nice and encouraging thread.. Developed great interest in IT, rounding off my PGD in Computer science, learning some IT related courses and will love to work as a volunteer in an IT firm here in Port harcourt. Really wanna beef up my IT exposure and experience also. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ritux: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
The only thing I can remember about my present job is the amount I spent on transportation for the interview. I spent ₦72,000.00 for road and air trip from Warri to PH to ABJ for the interview and back to Warri. This was in November 2013

I was like God if I don't get this job, it won't be fair and I won't go for any long distance interview again. My GF then now wife even gave me 10k to add to my transportation money.

Anyways I got the job all thanks to God and resumed December 2013.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by STENON(f): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
moscobabs:

your location pls. send your mail to moscobabs8@gmail. com if u r in lagos
Thanks,I'v sent you a mssg sir.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
ritux:
The only thing I can remember about my present job is the amount I spent on transportation for the interview. I spent ₦72,000.00 for road and air trip from Warri to PH to ABJ for the interview and back to Warri. This was in November 2013

I was like God if I don't get this job, it won't be fair and I won't go for any long distance interview again. My GF then now wife even gave me 10k to add to my transportation money.

Anyways I got the job all thanks to God and resumed December 2013.

And you got married to the girl lipsrsealed. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by LordTrezy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
kamez:

send ur detailed CV and other necessary photocopies of ur certs to kamalualozie@yahoo.com.

pls note that I'm not making any promises, but I will .make sure ur CV gets to my company's HR dept.

One love
oga kamez,I am a graduate of computer science and engineering with a second class upper boss. Should I forward my CV to your mail too sir. thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by obiscapula(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
I studied Electrical Electronics Engineering. I need a placement too. Please if u r in here nd u can TRY to help pls do
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by stupep: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Please kindly help your son/brother, I studied biochemistry. More blessing

Stupep49@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Haywhy433(m): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
As a Criminology and Security Studies undergraduate, i've always contemplated on my chances of getting a job or what type of job i wii be eligible. Pls i will appreciate ur pieces of advice..
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by cletz991(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
iyisco2001:
I got my first and second job by simply applying through nairaland, no connections, I only applied and convincingly showed them that I am the best for the positions I had applied for. Both took averagely two months for the recruitment exercise, three stages each.
Same with me God bless nairaland

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by benjaminiyke(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good day house,please kindly help a brother. Am a fresh Graduate Bsc(ed) chemistry. Any company needing the skill and services of a chemist,please contact me @okezeikenna4@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Velocitron:
Currently in uni (about to start second year). I replied to an ad by my university's jobshop, went in for the interview along with about 20 other candidates. Thankfully, I'd had previous experience that I thought didn't count at the time.

Even though I arrived about 35 minutes late for the interview (accidentally went to the wrong interview taking place in the same building embarassed), from there I got my first (real) job as an international student ambassador during the holidays before I came home. I enjoyed working there and it was really good pay too grin

Never be afraid to step out of your comfort zone cool

All this "na connection alone" stuff sounds like a defeatist mentality to me, to be honest.
can u tell me a lil bit more abt the job, and also, hw is the pay?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by linusbnn(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sunnycliff:
Na connection for me o. Though I was over qualified for the job. But connection facilitated the job against many applicants.

I got mine through my school Alumni Association.. AAU Alumni. Just 5mnths of been a member, I got a job....Thanks to God
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by realone2012: 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mixty:

Did you make a first class?
I know I wasn't the one u asked but I graduated with first class. Any job vacancy for first class graduates? I'm yet to serve tho!!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by eaccyboy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
STENON:
Thanks, My place is very far from sokoto, Bt I'v recommended your post to another Person. Thank you and I'm very grateful sir.
yap I got his mail..he study IT n since d position am sure of is physics I explain to him bt I wl still collect his cv n mk move for him....like I hw him sef..

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by eaccyboy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
bigerboy200:

are you a yoruba language teacher?? Just curious..cos dis ur English Lang na die...
dats ur own problem sir...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by obaataaokpaewu: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
Saw on eremy's thread here about submitting cv to the company's website. I submitted, called for test, later interview, called to start, sign a bond and here we are. Though its stressful but nothing is more stressful than being at home 24/7 going nowhere cos you don't have anywhere or the money to transport yourself to where you wanna go.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Fostercat(m): 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have gotten my last three jobs from jobberman.I got the one I am currently doing now in feb.this year and resumed in April.nice job.200k net/month.A brand new official car,pension scheme,National housing scheme and m edicals.13th month inclusive.

No small thanks to PWC for packaging the company.Will soon b goin to Europe for training.

Thanks to the God of MFM

NB:to get a good job ur cv MUST be professionally crafted with moderate job experience and above all be able to defend wat u have in the cv.Finally the bible says by ur strength U cannot prevail. Prayer is the key!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Rohjay90: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pls nairalanders, help an INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY graduate, I can work in Chemical industry, Food industry, Manufacturing industry etc.' even if it is a GRADUATE INTERN. I know there are people God has blessed on this forum. My email is

@gmail.com

God will reward you with abundant blessing. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by iyatrustee(f): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
ExInferis:

the bolded is open to so many interpretations wink wink

#innuendo

Very true! But in my case, my pay was commission based so every prospective client was in for it grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by SpaceWorld2013(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
STENON:
I hope to share my testimony very soon.

Still Searching for Teaching Job(Physics and Mathematics) in those States

if u ll be comfortable with 30k. u get a lot of them here in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Promoted To The Rank Of Chief Superintendent Of Police (pics) / Physically Challenged Man Digs Pit To Feed In Kogi (Photos) / Official Car For Assistant Manager, Nothing For The Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.