Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? (746 Views)

Ladies: What Is The Greatest Lie A Guy Has Ever Told You? / Can You Lie You've Never Done This To Your Mother? (PICTURE) / Why Do Girls Lie To Their Boyfriend Thay They Are Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by ammamat(f): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2009
Have you ever lied to keep the peace? They say ignorance is bliss. Is it easier to let someone remain ignorant over a matter than to give them truth and thus create friction?

What do we do? If love is the satisfaction of the laws, are we justified in lying to be at peace with man?

We're taught that to be at peace with man (the ways of man) is to be at enmity with God.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by JJYOU: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2009
ammamat:

Have you ever lied to keep the peace? They say ignorance is bliss. Is it easier to let someone remain ignorant over a matter than to give them truth and thus create friction?

What do we do? If love is the satisfaction of the laws, are we justified in lying to be at peace with man?

We're taught that to be at peace with man (the ways of man) is to be at enmity with God.

mmm is this not stretching truth? how does not being in peace with our fellow human beings make peace with God?

this is what the bible says "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God [size=16pt][/size]

", to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. " Romans 8:6-11
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by mary09(f): 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2009
I mean , i will say that always stay faithful no matta what
Thats to my point of view
kiss
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by bluespice(f): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
it depends
if im in no mood to make noise i will
tho im rarely tongue
moreso ignorance is more often bliss in the case of men no offence.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by Moyola(f): 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2009
Nope!
I'd tell him.
If he can handle it, fine. smiley
If he can't, oh well! undecided tongue
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by iice(f): 11:48am On Mar 29, 2009
Depends. . .somethings are not worth the effort undecided
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by tpia: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2009
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
Being the sort of person i am. . .I just can't keep things bottled in. . .Cus i feel its very dangerous. . .especially to your well being. . .that's kinda of impossible. . .If he can't deal with the truth being told to him. . .then that's his cup of tea. . .cus I ain't gona put myself in an uncomfortable situation for anyone.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by Hollysmile: 1:12am On Mar 30, 2009
De question is; do women ever tell the truth?
Women are natural born liars!
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by Winnergal(f): 1:22am On Mar 30, 2009
hmmmm . . .
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by Akinagirl(f): 1:50am On Mar 30, 2009
Depends on what the issue is. undecided
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by mccloud224(m): 3:36am On Mar 31, 2009
At least they know they are liars, that makes dem somewhat truthful
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by ima1(f): 4:35am On Mar 31, 2009
iice:

Depends. . .somethings are not worth the effort undecided

i agree with that too, i will admit to stretching the truth sometimes if i know for sure that it will cause this huge fight btw me and my hubby or other family members. i'll say wat will make u happy just to avoid argument cuz i hate being in an argument which will lead to both of us being pissed off at each other and not speaking. i do not think its worth the time.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by SeanT21(f): 4:55am On Mar 31, 2009
It really depends on the situation and my mood.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by kiwi992(m): 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hi,

Do NOT lie.

Just tell him the truth.  He'd respect you the more for telling the truth.  You'd be found out if you lie and that's going to make matters worse for you.

In saying that, you shouldn't be doing things that would warrant your wanting to lie to your fella.

kiwi992.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by muppet: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
if na 2 bring peace hmmmm i would try 2 decorate my utterance with the opposite of the exact situation(okay i mean i fit lie small)
but days later when the issue might have died down i'l definately tell him the truth by passing the message in a much more romantic scenerio
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by ilaugh1: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
how can lie ever bring peace?
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by velmaN(f): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2009
Somethings are not worth the effort like someone said. Let us be real, it all depends on the level of understanding between both parties. Also there is something "like telling the truth but not the whole truth" And also what mama don't know wont hurt mama right *wink*
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2009
I could lie but i speak the truth when am tired or sleepy so i wont even bother lying cos i may not be able to keep it up undecided undecided Why put myself thru agro to make some man happy?

If he can't take the truth and deal with me maturely for what ever reason then I assume it's just not worth it . . . . .
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2009
I won't lie but he would get only half truths.
Re: Would You Lie To Be At Peace With A Man? by ladybam(f): 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hollysmile:

De question is; do women ever tell the truth?
Women are natural born liars!

Amen

(1) (Reply)

What May Be The Right/best Age-gap For Couples? / Hiv Positive! What Would You Do? / Is love HUMAN or DIVINE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.