Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. (16927 Views)

Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje's Supporters Clash In Kano, Many Wounded (Photos) / Amaechi And Governor El-Rufai Break Ramadan Fast In Kaduna. Photos / Photos Of Ibrahim Babangida And Governor Dickson In A Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Had an argument on this and I wish to clarify, please convincing and factual response is encouraged.
Which one is higher-ranking amongst a senator, minister and governor?
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Bacteriocin(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2015
From my view, it's only the senate president and deputy senate president can be ranked above a governor but as an ordinary senator, the governor is ahead. But for a minister which is an appointed post at the federal level, it is below the above two. So it will be in this order from highest to lowest: governor, senator and minister.
Most times, the comparison is not always easy and direct.

5 Likes

Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2015
In order of importance it should be:

Governor

Minister

Senator

I remember some senators that were made ministers and they had to let got their senate seat

2 Likes

Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by TwentySeven: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2015
A governor controls 3 senatorial districts (2 in some cases) so he definitely places higher than a senator.

A governor also ranks higher than a Minister cos ministers can be hired/fired anytime while the governor enjoys a fixed tenure.

Not sure if to place a minister above a senator tho.

3 Likes

Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by economia: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2015
staymore:
Had an argument on this and I wish to clarify, please convincing and factual response is encouraged.
If you can tell me which term is greater than the other among: 2x, 5y, 3z: then I will answer your question
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2015

Governor

Minister

Senator

I remember some senators that were made ministers and they had to let got their senate seat.

1 Like

Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Governor

Minister

Senator

I remember some senators that were made ministers and they had to let got their senate seat

I have also seen some ministers that left and contested for senate, even governors possibly after their tenure
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Bacteriocin(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Governor

Minister

Senator

I remember some senators that were made ministers and they had to let got their senate seat.
It also depends on your position in the senate.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2015
economia:

If you can tell me which term is greater than the other among: 2x, 5y, 3z: then I will answer your question

Create your thread on that and I will answer you
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Immanueladebol(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2015
Financially speaking deir ranking z different same goes 4 deir authority dy av n d constitutn
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Bacteriocin(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2015
economia:

I love this instance you used.... because most times the positions are just not comparable
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2015
Immanueladebol:
Financially speaking deir ranking z different same goes 4 deir authority dy av n d constitutn

Not talking about financial ranking, we know in that case anything is possible, an LGA chairman can be richer than a senator

Constitutional ranking please.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2015
Bacteriocin:
From my view, it's only the senate president and deputy senate president can be ranked above a governor but as an ordinary senator, the governor is ahead. But for a minister which is an appointed post at the federal level, it is below the above two. So it will be in this order from highest to lowest: governor, senator and minister.
Most times, the comparison is not always easy and direct.

Yeah! The comparison is very complicated.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2015
TwentySeven:
A governor controls 3 senatorial districts (2 in some cases) so he definitely places higher than a senator.

A governor also ranks higher than a Minister cos ministers can be hired/fired anytime while the governor enjoys a fixed tenure.

Not sure if to place a minister above a senator tho.

Convincing but still very intricate as ministerial and senatorial ranking still not spotted.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Immanueladebol(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2015
staymore:

Not talking about financial ranking, we know in that case anything is possible, an LGA chairman can be richer than a senator

Constitutional ranking please.
what i mean is deir allowances n salaries differ
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
Immanueladebol:
what i mean is deir allowances n salaries differ

Ok
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by azzima(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Governor

Minister

Senator

Governor,Senators and ministers . A minister can get fired ANY TIME by his/her Oga (President ) while other 2 answer to nobody but their constituents.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Edrisdeen: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Governor

Minister

Senator

dat was dere choice buh a senator is above
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
Just like

Owner - Senator
Super MOD - Governor
MOD - Minister
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
staymore:

In the US, a Secretary ( minister) is higher than a senator except the Speaker and the President Pro tempore of the Senate. governors come after a senator in federal prorocol unless it an event holding in the governor's state. then he comes after the vice president. Nigeria mostly follows US protocol except in the case of Senate president being higher than the speaker. Minister of finance is first among equals. SGF comes after ministers - subject to presidential assignment.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by nwadiuko1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=economia post=36978164]
If you can tell me which term is greater than the other among: 2x, 5y, 3z: then I will answer your question [/quotediff coefficient
]
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by Kzinne: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
to answer ur stupid question tho a senator would b addressed as a senator of the federal republic. a governor isn't addressed as such and is only governor of so and so state
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kzinne:
to answer ur stupid question tho a senator would b addressed as a senator of the federal republic. a governor isn't addressed as such and is only governor of so and so state

I acknowledge your comment, I advice you to go back and read what you sent if it will make sense to you.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by jlinkd78(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
u become silly too when u answer a silly question. Pls what is silly in someone asking a very useful question dat even most of us just enriched our level of understanding. Gov- Senator-Minister. Gov is elected by entire senatorial zones (in most cases 3 zones) n thus his/her control is felt all over this area whereas a Senator represents just a senatorial zone. On d other hand, a Minister is just an appointee who can be hired n fired at d instance of d President or even in some cases by d interest of d Governor for political/party exigencies. A Governor has immunity from criminal prosecutiin, controls a larger chunk of resources n d chief security officer.
Re: Hierarchy Of A Senator, Minister And Governor. by staymore: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
jlinkd78:
u become silly too when u answer a silly question. Pls what is silly in someone asking a very useful question dat even most of us just enriched our level of understanding. Gov- Senator-Minister. Gov is elected by entire senatorial zones (in most cases 3 zones) n thus his/her control is felt all over this area whereas a Senator represents just a senatorial zone. On d other hand, a Minister is just an appointee who can be hired n fired at d instance of d President or even in some cases by d interest of d Governor for political/party exigencies. A Governor has immunity from criminal prosecutiin, controls a larger chunk of resources n d chief security officer.
Your point is very convincing

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Saraki Contributed More Than Tinubu, Amaechi To Make Buhari President – Okupe / FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.