Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102134 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
What is the hope for a serving Corp member batch A 2015.

My Nysc cert would be ready in the first quarter of 2016.

Would they allow me
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
I haven't received any email yet oo..

Any headway??

I am not clear on the part that states the evidence of the 3 referees report.. Can someone shed more light on that.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by babatundea877: 7:05am On Dec 07, 2015
kaka22:

Thanks
May I know if the "medical certificate of fitness "can be obtained at other state's teaching hospital aside from Abuja?
Also, if an applicant is in possession of a medical certificate obtained from a private health care early this year, would it be acceptable during the accreditation exercise?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Psychostevens: 7:51am On Dec 07, 2015
@Ahmed4002. Its clearly stated u shud come with your NYSC discharge/exemption certificate. U may as well go if U are not too far from Abuja
@babatundea877. Its any teaching hospital in d country or d national hospital in Abuja. I don't think report from a private hospital will be taken, my advice is u cud take d result u av from a private hospital to a teaching hospital if dey can issue you a certificate but in most cases d teaching hospital wud want to carry out d tests themselves.
@Daninya11. Log into your CSC portal, print the page that shows "3 of 3 references received".
@ALL. God's best!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by iyelola: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2015
FSB directions stated from any Teaching hospital or National Hospital Abuja. I believe that any teaching hospital from any state in Nigeria is acceptable only. No general hospitals and no private hospitals

babatundea877:

May I know if the "medical certificate of fitness "can be obtained at other state's teaching hospital aside from Abuja?
Also, if an applicant is in possession of a medical certificate obtained from a private health care early this year, would it be acceptable during the accreditation exercise?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by zlatan(m): 8:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Please as regard the medical certificate of fitness, is it the normal 2K certificate of fitness or a detailed medical report with hepatitis et al?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by isedehi: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2015
Please, I have unpublished manuscript that I included as my publications. They amount to 1,200 pages in all, minus my degree project. Am I to make 4 copies of them too? Or is it just one copy as evidence. Pls, this is giving me headache. Someone answer pls.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2015
Ahmed4002:
What is the hope for a serving Corp member batch A 2015.

My Nysc cert would be ready in the first quarter of 2016.

Would they allow me
Don't waste your tfare, you won't be allowed. .
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 8:32am On Dec 07, 2015
Daninya11:
I haven't received any email yet oo..

Any headway??

I am not clear on the part that states the evidence of the 3 referees report.. Can someone shed more light on that.
You don't need to get a mail before you attend the interview. . Just go with all d requirements as long as you applied successfully. .

Log in to your portal, go to the referee section and print the page that shows 3 of 3 references received. .That's your evidence.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 8:35am On Dec 07, 2015
isedehi:
Please, I have unpublished manuscript that I included as my publications. They amount to 1,200 pages in all, minus my degree project. Am I to make 4 copies of them too? Or is it just one copy as evidence. Pls, this is giving me headache. Someone answer pls.
It's unpublished, yet you included it as one of your publications. .. Anyway, I think you should go with one copy as evidence...the pages are too much..

Just my opinion. ..
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by isedehi: 8:39am On Dec 07, 2015
PresVA:
It's unpublished, yet you included it as one of your publications. .. Anyway, I think you should go with one copy as evidence...the pages are too much..

Just my opinion. ..

Thanks. Was thinking so too. If your research projects are unpublished manuscripts and accepted and even recommended, why not any other unpublished manuscripts. I included a Web link to Dropbox. If not that Nigeria is stuck in the olden days practice of using hardcopies, why not? Or what do you think? Do I make 4 copies of my bachelor's degree project too? Pls I need an answer. Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2015
isedehi:

Thanks. Was thinking so too. If your research projects are unpublished manuscripts and accepted and even recommended, why not any other unpublished manuscripts. I included a Web link to Dropbox. If not that Nigeria is stuck in the olden days practice of using hardcopies, why not? Or what do you think? Do I make 4 copies of my bachelor's degree project too? Pls I need an answer. Thanks
I don't think you should make copies. . According to the requirements, all they need is evidence; if they needed copies, they would have indicated just as they did for other requirements. .

Asides the stated requirement, do you think they would have time to go through it? When they hv thousands to interview. .. I think all they need is to sight an evidence so as to allot you your deserved points.....

However, if must make duplicate, make it one; just incase they need to keep one for reference... 1200 is huge to be making 4 copies. .

My opinion. . All d best...

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 07, 2015
PresVA:
You don't need to get a mail before you attend the interview. . Just go with all d requirements as long as you applied successfully. .

Log in to your portal, go to the referee section and print the page that shows 3 of 3 references received. .That's your evidence.

Thanks. I logged in this morning and noticed that one of my referees have not responded to his email. I called him this morning and he confirmed to me that he just got the email this morning and before sunset he will reply. I hope I won't encounter any problems??. Tnx sir
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2015
Daninya11:

Thanks. I logged in this morning and noticed that one of my referees have not responded to his email. I called him this morning and he confirmed to me that he just got the email this morning and before sunset he will reply. I hope I won't encounter any problems??. Tnx sir
Make sure you follow it up so that he responds before your interview date... once he submits, it will start showing 3 of 3 submitted, then you can print the page... Success!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2015
PresVA:
Make sure you follow it up so that he responds before your interview date... once he submits, it will start showing 3 of 3 submitted, then you can print the page... Success!

Thanks.

Will they accept any medical fitness certificate from a special hospital??
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dan2j:

Oga..u applied last year...why are u still here...I taught u were already in d uk..

U don get experience..pls carry us along ooo... Can I dress simply..like a pair of jeans and a T-sirt or should we be very corporate?

Yea, UK in dreamland. Be clean and presentable. I wld definitely not recommend jean and shirt. Pants, well pressed, tucked in shirts and clean shoes shld be okay. Nothing wrong with complete suit (if you are not sweating sha). Native sef dey okay, but look clean and good shoes.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello all, I couldn't apply for this cos I didn't like the site and some other reasons, wish you all the best while waiting for my chevening interview invite by God's grace, whether chevening or Commonwealth we will be in UK next year by God's grace. Success in your interviews.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
Daninya11:

Thanks.

Will they accept any medical fitness certificate from a special hospital??
I think they accept ones from govt hospitals only. .
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
If u hv not published any works don't bother. Final year dissertation are not award, prize or publication. Do not embarrass urself by taking unpublished work or dissertation there. Any link to Dropbox is of no use to csc. It's not a compulsory document as a frnd of mine awarded last year got no publications. Once again if u hv no work published in any national or international journal, do not bring unpublished works

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by busdebbie(f): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
please who has printed his/ her form. my passport photogragh is showing my int'l passport page
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
busdebbie:
please who has printed his/ her form. my passport photogragh is showing my int'l passport page

It's OK. If u actually upload the right doc, csc will receive it, u just hv to explain to FSB. My offer letter page showed birth certificate. So u are not alone.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
PresVA:
Don't waste your tfare, you won't be allowed. .
Epic response.
Bros you harsh ooo.

Thanks anyways
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ahmed4002:

Epic response.
Bros you harsh ooo.

Thanks anyways
Don't mind him jawe. You would be allowed, but the probability that you will be nominated is approximately zero, if you do not have discharge certificate
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
I am done.

For 3 months, my transcript never ready..

9ja how far...

No transcript, no interview??
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by isedehi: 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dongreat:
If u hv not published any works don't bother. Final year dissertation are not award, prize or publication. Do not embarrass urself by taking unpublished work or dissertation there. Any link to Dropbox is of no use to csc. It's not a compulsory document as a frnd of mine awarded last year got no publications. Once again if u hv no work published in any national or international journal, do not bring unpublished works

If it's no use, they'll simply ignore it, not disqualify the person. No embarrassment there. Or is someone worried?

With the kind of course I want to study, I should have a number of unpublished manuscripts, which I do. If your course doesn't require it, why then are you hating on one that does?

Who says links are of no use? There was a provision for links, except you didn't even bother with it cos you have no publications. P. S Dissertations were advice to be included, always read the fine print!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ahmed4002:

Epic response.
Bros you harsh ooo.

Thanks anyways
Sorry! grin.. but that's just the truth.

lantessy:

Don't mind him jawe. You would be allowed, but the probability that you will be nominated is approximately zero, if you do not have discharge certificate
very funny, so what's the difference btw ur response and mine? undecided
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
lantessy:

Yes bro. That's what am thinking
And the medical I got is from military hospital.

I got no transcript also.
Wanted to make use of my nysc green card as alternative for discharge cert.

because even when applying. In the community development aspect, I stated it clearly as serving Corp member.

But anyway nothing spoil. Will still apply next year if God spare our live.

Thanks man

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ahmed4002:

Yes bro. That's what am thinking
And the medical I got is from military hospital.

I got no transcript also.
Wanted to make use of my nysc green card as alternative for discharge cert.

because even when applying. In the community development aspect, I stated it clearly as serving Corp member.

But anyway nothing spoil. Will still apply next year if God spare our live.

Thanks man
If you are close to the venue, you can try your luck. But, if you have to travel down there, I would advise that you don't waste your money. Nobody has checked your application yet, it's during and after the interview that they would check the quality of your application and eligibility.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
PresVA:
Sorry! grin.. but that's just the truth.

very funny, so what's the difference btw ur response and mine? undecided
grin
No yawa.
Thankz
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
lantessy:

If you are close to the venue, you can try your luck. But, if you have to travel down there, I would advise that you don't waste your money. Nobody has checked your application yet, it's during and after the interview that they would check the quality of your application and eligibility.

Not so close. Wasting of money is not a problem, I will just apply next year to be on safer side.

All the best to you all
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ahmed4002:

Not so close. Wasting of money is not a problem, I will just apply next year to be on safer side.

All the best to you all
Fine, if money isn't the problem, there's no harm in trying... You might just be very lucky. Shalom.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Ahmed4002(m): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
lantessy:

Fine, if money isn't the problem, there's no harm in trying... You might just be very lucky. Shalom.

Is the other documents stated earlier that I don't have

*Transcript
*Medical cert - I can only get from a military hospital

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.