Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102297 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Imagine...I just received FSB's email. How nice of them grin Tmust have been the number of mails sent though....that truncated long list of emails scared me o. Anyway, in the middle of all the drama taking place here, I'm here to wish us well in our respective interviews

isedehi:

If it's no use, they'll simply ignore it, not disqualify the person. No embarrassment there. Or is someone worried?

With the kind of course I want to study, I should have a number of unpublished manuscripts, which I do. If your course doesn't require it, why then are you hating on one that does?

Who says links are of no use? There was a provision for links, except you didn't even bother with it cos you have no publications. P. S Dissertations were advice to be included, always read the fine print!

Ahan...bro/sis, you can vex o. He was just trying to explain his own understanding of the matter. I understand you though. I once saw my lecturer's CV and there he listed accepted (yet unpublished) manuscripts among his publications. So, I believe they could count here too since the assessors too would be academics. And being academics, I don't want to believe twill earn anyone embarrassment to present such. Pardon my saying it again, u can vex gan o lipsrsealed

lantessy:

Don't mind him jawe. You would be allowed, but the probability that you will be nominated is approximately zero, if you do not have discharge certificate

The more diplomatic way of saying it abi grin

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by iyelola: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
If your BSc thesis was published, then its most likely in a journal. Which is quite short. I guess thats what you should take as evidence instead of printing out your whole project of like 50pages or more.

isedehi:

Thanks. Was thinking so too. If your research projects are unpublished manuscripts and accepted and even recommended, why not any other unpublished manuscripts. I included a Web link to Dropbox. If not that Nigeria is stuck in the olden days practice of using hardcopies, why not? Or what do you think? Do I make 4 copies of my bachelor's degree project too? Pls I need an answer. Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by kaka22(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Can one be nominated with incomplete referees' recommendations? I.e 1 out of 3... I don't want to waste transport fare. Is it possible to get medical report on the same day one applies for it?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
So I met some fellow commonwealth scholarship applicants at LUTH today, where we all went to get that annoying certificate of fitness, an it was fun cheesy cheesy

I wish you guys all the best grin
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by kaka22(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
GrammarNazi:
So I met some fellow commonwealth scholarship applicants at LUTH today, where we all went to get that annoying certificate of fitness, an it was fun cheesy cheesy

How much did you get the certificate of fitness?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
kaka22:
Can one be nominated with incomplete referees' recommendations? I.e 1 out of 3... I don't want to waste transport fare. Is it possible to get medical report on the same day one applies for it?

As for CSC, they can accept your references anytime (I confirmed from them). Na Nigeria FSB get crazy policy jare. U can also get med cert same day. Wise up!

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by olasquare22: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Pls guys kindly clear me on this. Can some1 that is yet to secure admission in a UK Uni attend the interview?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
kaka22:

How much did you get the certificate of fitness?

Hmmm...long thing!
It depends on whether you're going through the normal process or through the back door.
We realised that if we were to go through the normal process, the tests that are needed to be conducted towards issuance of the certificate will take some days, so we just discussed with some guys there, & they helped us with the certificate without any real tests. For confidentiality reasons, I can't say any more here.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by kaka22(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
GrammarNazi:

Hmmm...long thing!
It depends on whether you're going through the normal process or through the back door.
We realised that if we were to go through the normal process, the tests that are needed to be conducted towards issuance of the certificate will take some days, so we just discussed with some guys there, & they helped us with the certificate without any real tests. For confidentiality reasons, I can't say any more here.
Check your mail.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
IlorinBoy1:

As for CSC, they can accept your references anytime (I confirmed from them). Na Nigeria FSB get crazy policy jare. U can also get med cert same day. Wise up!

Brossieeeeee grin My country people

GrammarNazi:

See CSC uniting people

iyelola:
If your BSc thesis was published, then its most likely in a journal. Which is quite short. I guess thats what you should take as evidence instead of printing out your whole project of like 50pages or more.

For those with publications, I think printing the first abstract page of the publication will even be proof enough. That's where much of the info they need is

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
kaka22:

Check your mail.

Deleted it by mistake.
Please resend
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by missyp1(f): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
hello house shouldnt we all connect through whatsapp group chat. that way we can keep up?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 11:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
I just pray the interview will not be inconclusive in God's name!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dan2j(m): 11:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
for the shared scholarships....does my screenshot means that the first and second university will only award scholarship to ONE person and people are applying all over the continent. kai!!

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dan2j:
for the shared scholarships....does my screenshot means that the first and second university will only award scholarship to ONE person and people are applying all over the continent. kai!!

If you dey aim for shared scholarship, na one of two things, either ur results dey impeccable (times 10) or you are on a long thing!

Not to discourage u from applying, but make sure u put in ur very best
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Berbatee1(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2015
Good morning guys. Pls anybody who know d likely interview questions. Should kindly enlighten us. Thanks & God bless
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jegede4real2002(m): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2015
GrammarNazi:

Hmmm...long thing!

pls, can u just email me on how to get the medical certificate at LUTH. And the contact person.... through jremt2000@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2015
Jegede4real2002:

pls, can u just email me on how to get the medical certificate at LUTH. And the contact person.... through jremt2000@yahoo.com. Thanks

Done!
Check your email.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2015
missyp1:
hello house shouldnt we all connect through whatsapp group chat. that way we can keep up?

Lol...you want hand your phone number to telemarketers abi? angry
Goodluck with that.
Me, I no dey do!
This forum is okay for me, since it ensures (well, almost ensures) anonymity. cheesy
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by osinachifestus(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2015
Please somebody help; does Federal Medical Center qualify as a national hospital? Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by TimmyTommy: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Please send same for me @ timseabasitom@yahoo.com. God bless !!!

GrammarNazi:

Done!
Check your email.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by 29Ade07: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2015
House please,
Can I use my offer letter (PhD) in lieu of supporting statement as my proposed supervisor has not responded. The offer letter is enough to provide evidence of supervisor support as his name is clearly on it.

Let me know your opened opinion.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2015
TimmyTommy:
Please send same for me @ timseabasitom@yahoo.com. God bless !!!

Done!!!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2015
29Ade07:
House please,
Can I use my offer letter (PhD) in lieu of supporting statement as my proposed supervisor has not responded. The offer letter is enough to provide evidence of supervisor support as his name is clearly on it.

Ideally, you should be able to, if your offer of admission is from the same school you chose in the commonwealth scholarship application; but I don't know how the FSB operates.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
29Ade07:
House please,

For FSB is very possible, all u have to do is explain y ur supervisor has not sent supporting doc. A well package lie or deeper life truth might work. But again CSC suggest that without supporting statement, ur app will not b considered. So pls use wisdom and am not hating oh like one fellow said here. Lol
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
GrammarNazi:

Hmmm...long thing!

Pls kindly email me too zainab1162@yahoo.com. A phone number(contact person) and how much it cost. And did you get it in a day?

Thanks in advance.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by TimmyTommy: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
This medical certificate thing eh.....Were not even leaving the country till September and commonwealth will still request for a more recent medical certificate when d award is finally given..Nigerian FSB just be putting human beings on crazy expenses undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jummaima:

Pls kindly email me too zainab1162@yahoo.com. A phone number(contact person) and how much it cost. And did you get it in a day?

Thanks in advance.

Done!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
GrammarNazi:

Done!

Thanks. You are the best.

And Best of luck to us all. wink
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
My school insist that they will send the transcript themselves to the agency.

What should I do??
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by illusory: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
O boy, I don dey miss o. cry Only just finding this post after I've almost given myself heart attack worrying. Anyhow sha, those attending tomorrow, pls do let us know how it goes o. All the best to everyone o. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / First Bank Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.