Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

How Do You Know Its True Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know Its True Love? (18144 Views)

Differences Between True Love And Fake Love / So Its True That Ghanian Girls Are Better Than Nigerian Girls / Self Proclaimed Virgins - Can Guys Really Tell If Its True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by smurf1(f): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
Cos u can feel it DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by omega25red(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2008
What you need to understand is that if everything that would go wrong would go wrong. If you can understand this and get all that paranoia out of your mind you just might have a chance at a succesful relationship.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by CrazyMan(m): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2008
You'll know when you see it.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by sunnym(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2008
Look at your relationship and tell yourself why you love him/her. Is it because of money, beauty, handsome, intelligent, dressing, humbly etc. Tell me if your love did not embeded on any of the above then it is real love. Can you really love a handicap person? If yes you are in true love.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2008
Hummmm. . . . . .I guess u just know, like I know right now, kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by zeros(m): 1:28am On Dec 22, 2008
Icing said its the way u do things 2gather, wot if both are of the same profesion? Dnt count. Hot said it coming back aftr a long fight, well ppl who love dnt hv long fights bcus 1 wld easily yeild witout allowin d fight. Sumbody said time, they both cld spend eternity 2gather witout luvin by way of their jobs - bankers, doctors rarely hv time so if u tjink its time, u will get the blow at an old age. Time has also prove that ppl who use their minds and not their head always lose out too often thus the sayings "only fools fall in love" would u gladly bcom a fool? The remedy is to lookout for more advise frm me. Tell me what she/he tells u or say then I can deduce if he/she loves you back¥ contact me at zeuszeros@gmail.com
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Moonstone(f): 4:18am On Dec 22, 2008
gentledove:

@ poster,

all said and well understood.  This is my own perception of love

1.  when he becomes your friend in all you do
2.  when he does not hesitate to tell you that you are wrong and when right, he tells you too
3.  when he looks straight into your eyes and tells you , 'I LOVE YOU', 'YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL'
4.  he is not afraid to hold your hands in the public.  fights anyone who wants to relegate you.  brags about you everywhere.  protects your interest all the time.

5.  when he tells you his fears, anxieties, aspirations.  
6.  when he is angry and he sees you, it melts and people around wonders what you have given him to eat (maybe vegetable sha  cheesy)

7.  when he talks to you about marriage and he means it.  when he takes you to see his parents and siblings.  when he introduces you to everyone around.  when he proposes like a man.  

and many more,

1.  when he avoids sleeping with you till you are married. cool.  i am not condemning anyone who does that.  don't quote me.

2.  when he says, 'darling, i bought this for you'.  'darling, you can go ahead and eat'.  'darling, i am looking at your tummy and how it will look when my baby boy gets in there'.  'darling, i had this dream, can we fast tomorrow and pray together?' .  ' darling, i see you are not praying as always again, is there anything wrong?"

3.  when he becomes his ALL when he is with you and vice versa.  when he daily aspires to make you the Very best.

4.  when he looks at you from afar, winks and tells the person next to him that 'that is my babe o.'

5.  when you offend each other and you settle it amicably without third party interference.

with this and many more, i know and i am confident that THIS IS TRUE LOVE.  not willing to trade that for anything in the whole universe.  the price is of inestimable value. wink wink cheesy

LOL - too late!
If a guy avoids sleeping with you, you should be afraid most times. Some guys are very patient to the point where they see it as a game and they wait like tigers. The minute you allow them to do that, they will run and leave you even if it is after introduction.
I think your idea of love is a bit extreme because to start talking about baby boys does not mean love either. Guys will tell you all sorts only for them to back out after having sex with you.

Love is most of the things you mentioned. Just not those two. Actions speak louder than words. He doesn't have to tell you how much he loves you, he'll show it to you
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by ievbuomw(f): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2008
1. Loving-kindness. Loving-kindness is not only the desire to make someone happy, to bring joy to a beloved person, it is the ability to bring joy and happiness to the person you love, because even if your intention is to love this person, your love might make him or her suffer. To be able to give happiness and joy, you must practice deep looking toward the person you love. Because if you do not understand this person, you cannot love properly.

2. Compassion. This is not only the desire to ease the pain of another person, but the ability to do so. You must practice deep looking in order to gain a good understanding of the nature of the suffering of this person, in order to be able to help him or her to change.

3. Joy. If there is no joy in love, it is not true love. If you are suffering all the time, if you cry all the time, and if you make the person you love cry, this is not really love--it is even the opposite. If there is no joy in your love, you can be sure that it is not true love.

4. Freedom. In true love, you attain freedom. When you love, you bring freedom to the person you love. If the opposite is true, it is not true love. You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free, not only outside but also inside. “Dear one, do you have enough space in your heart and all around you?” This is an intelligent question for testing whether your love is something real.

Real/True love is about giving and receiving. It takes time to grow and blossom. It's about similarities and its about disimilarities.In other words for love to exist takes two, two hearts, two minds, two souls and two efforts and honesty with yourself is important . Let me explain:

So you think your attracted to him, is he attracted to you?
So you think you like him, does he like you?
So you think there's chemistry, does he think there's chemistry?
So you have high expectations, does he?
So you have certain values, does he share some?
Does he share some of your interests? Including job?
Do you share some of his interests? Including job?
Is he willing?
Are you willing?
Will you commit? (Girls are more likely to commit early)
Will he commit ? (Guys are more likely to commit later)
Is he agreeable?
Are you agreeable?

And never forget that the Bible says,

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs, It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by tRoOE(f): 5:47am On Dec 23, 2008
@ poster,

all said and well understood. This is my own perception of love

1. when he becomes your friend in all you do
2. when he does not hesitate to tell you that you are wrong and when right, he tells you too
3. when he looks straight into your eyes and tells you , 'I LOVE YOU', 'YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL'
4. he is not afraid to hold your hands in the public. fights anyone who wants to relegate you. brags about you everywhere. protects your interest all the time.
5. when he tells you his fears, anxieties, aspirations.
6. when he is angry and he sees you, it melts and people around wonders what you have given him to eat (maybe vegetable sha )

7. when he talks to you about marriage and he means it. when he takes you to see his parents and siblings. when he introduces you to everyone around. when he proposes like a man.
and many more,

1. when he avoids sleeping with you till you are married. . i am not condemning anyone who does that. don't quote me.
2. when he says, 'darling, i bought this for you'. 'darling, you can go ahead and eat'. 'darling, i am looking at your tummy and how it will look when my baby boy gets in there'. 'darling, i had this dream, can we fast tomorrow and pray together?' . ' darling, i see you are not praying as always again, is there anything wrong?"
3. when he becomes his ALL when he is with you and vice versa. when he daily aspires to make you the Very best.

4. when he looks at you from afar, winks and tells the person next to him that 'that is my babe o.'

5. when you offend each other and you settle it amicably without third party interference.

with this and many more, i know and i am confident that THIS IS TRUE LOVE. not willing to trade that for anything in the whole universe. the price is of inestimable value.
Hehehe is this your definition of true love, this is what I call true lust
A man will do everything he can just to get into your pant, plz don’t be deceive
Just becos a man introduces you to family/friends doesn’t mean his planning to marry you in the future.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Loyalty Prank A Good Way To Test Relationship? / More Details Of Lady Accused Of Sending Nudes To Married Man On Twitter / Chioma Abby Zeus Bares All In Completely Nude Photos Leak (+18 Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.