Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State (52973 Views)

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic / A Two Unit Of 2 and Three Bedroom Bungalow With C Of O - 6million (photo) Asaba / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Backfilling of Foundation
Activity Time Schedule - 2days
The backfilling was estimated to take up 12 trips of laterite at cost of 7k per trip .At the moment we have used just 4trips with the remaining supply coming tomorrow.

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
We recognise the fact that the way we carry out building projects in Nigeria lacks the attention to detail being practiced in other regions because of the professionalism exhibited by their artisans who are well paid and have to follow the well detailed and enforced building codes.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
podosci:
We recognise the fact that the way we carry out building projects in Nigeria lacks the attention to detail being practiced in other regions because of the professionalism exhibited by their artisans who are well paid and have to follow the well detailed and enforced building codes.

I'm ready to pay if the same product is delivered.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
podosci:
Backfilling of Foundation
Activity Time Schedule - 2days
The backfilling was estimated to take up 12 trips of laterite at cost of 7k per trip .At the moment we have used just 4trips with the remaining supply coming tomorrow.

How many ton in each trip?

Thanks.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
Not all Client have the appreciation to pay for detail like the way you appreciate detail in the straightness of blocks and the perfect right angles of the corners. But we need strictly enforced building codes in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
each trip should be around 10 tonnes
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PropTrader: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I am EgunMogaji AKA Olosha Oko and I approve this block work. It shows straightness and seriousness of detail.

Please buy your bricklayers a bottle of beer on me today, let them know someone appreciates their detail work.

Make that two bottles please. The "straightness" was what captured my attention instantly...and yes Podosci and Abdulwastecx should also have one on me!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by mufutau55(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Please buy your bricklayers a bottle of beer on me today, let them know someone appreciates their detail work.

I won't mind non-alcoholic Hennessy too o... smiley Me and AbdulWastecx, because we be Alhajis o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
mufutau55:

I won't mind non-alcoholic Hennessy too o... smiley Me and AbdulWastecx, because we be Alhajis o.

Hajji M.

I thought Alhajis were allowed to use "Schnapps" to strictly wash the mouth ONLY. At least that's what a local Alfa told me many years ago in Abeokuta.

Once when I went to Vegas, I was driven by a middle eastern cabbie who had his dashboard all adorned with islamic stuff. So I asked him how he managed his faith in "sin city". Oh boy I shouldn't have asked..... grin
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PropTrader: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I thought Alhajis were allowed to use "Schnapps" to strictly wash the mouth ONLY. At least that's what a local Alfa told me many years ago in Abeokuta.
Once when I went to Vegas, I was driven by a middle eastern cabbie who had his dashboard all adorned with islamic stuff. So I asked him how he managed his faith in "sin city". Oh boy I shouldn't have asked..... grin
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Without sin there will be no forgiveness..... grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
I saw an "eleha" at a bar in March. But that's for another thread grin

So yes props to the two "ogas at the top" and their capable workmen.

Beers for all, but only after work hours for gods sakes grin
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by mufutau55(m): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
@EgunMogaji
@PropTrader

You guys are killing me oh! LOL!!!

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by KolaShangOne(m): 12:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice work @abdulwastecx.. Following..
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by phiszo(m): 6:33am On Aug 20, 2015
abdulwastecx:

long time boss....how is kogi?
kogi just dey o.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Lol sir.... we wouldn't mind sir.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2015
PropTrader:

Make that two bottles please. The "straightness" was what captured my attention instantly...and yes Podosci and Abdulwastecx should also have one on me!

The brick layers were top notch, able to deliver what we really want with the foundation. They justify the extra effort we put in getting them to site from port Harcourt, we have to pay for the transport and all that.

With level of straightness, they were able to achieve 220blocks each per day, which is an exceptional feet from them. The closeness of our accommodation to site also play a significant part.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abouzaid: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2015
abdulwastecx:

The brick layers were top notch, able to deliver what we really want with the foundation. They justify the extra effort we put in getting them to site from port Harcourt, we have to pay for the transport and all that.

With level of straightness, they were able to achieve 220blocks each per day, which is an exceptional feet from them. The closeness of our accommodation to site also play a significant part.
welcome to idemmilli. please what's the project estimate? can we see a floor plan?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by solreb: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2015
My Ogas, I always enjoy reading your threads and the learning I get from building projects. I will like if you will indicate BOQ costs similar to the 3-bed u built in PH earlier this year. I am working on proposals for low-cost mass housing units for oyigbo ph and umuahia port Harcourt. There will be flexible payment plans over 2 years. We want to make it as cheap as possible. In that regard, what will the following cost at both places with similar designs as building above a. 2-bed detached bungalow b. 3-bed ditto c. 2-bed semi detached bungalow d. 3-bed ditto. ThanksThanks you can reach me on. 07089996950 WhatsApp and call.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Seems to be quite a lot of pillars on this build.

Can you explain why this much on a bungalow?

Thanks.

I have my pencil and paper ready and sitting straight in my chair. In fact I might just drag out my old school uniform to complete the ensemble to represent the seriousness that I'm giving this subject grin
Ahah I'm writing down names of Noise makers grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Contact perfect touch Aluminium for your windows and other Aluminium works, we will offer you a great and friendly service. Tel:08153665659)
(Whatsapp too),08067079715. Thanks
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Onuokwu: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2015
adeekiti:
Contact perfect touch Aluminium for your windows and other Aluminium works, we will offer you a great and friendly service. Tel:08153665659)
(Whatsapp too),08067079715. Thanks

You dey work for that side?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Onuokwu:

No be Naira dem go pay? grin

If a Martian posts that he's building an intergalactical station in Jupiter you're sure to see Mr. Ekitis ad there too.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Onuokwu:

yes if u want our service sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If a Martian posts that he's building an intergalactical station in Jupiter you're sure to see Mr. Ekitis ad there too.
aha sir Ibadan sef no dey carry last u know grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by smiley001(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Ok sir... We are developing a building model that will pay more emphasis on the strength of the building.
What we have been able to do was to introduce ten column per flat to make the house more rigid. this is necessary when you look at the strength of the block we generally use in our building construction.

Thee columns were spaced with minimum distance of 3.6m to help carry the intended concrete facial ( parapet ) and roofing load.
The columns were also reinforced with minimum diameter of steel to reduce cost.

From cost perspective, its not out of place to reinforced the building with about N 76,000 in other to avoid any structural failure in the future, considering the fact much more will be spend on the finishing phase.

Here is a simple breakdown of the column:
1.footing with size of 600mm x 600mm only need 8nr of 600mm bar
total number of footings = 20
nr of bar required = 20 x 8 x 0.6/12 = 8 bars
cost of Y12 @ N1,100 = N8,800

columns of 3.75m high
20 nr of column with four bars per column
number of bar required = 20 x 4 x 4/12 =27bars
cost of bar = N1,100 x 27 = N29,700

Links of 750mm length spaced @ 400mm center to center
Number required = 3/0.4 x 20 x 0.75/12 = 10Y10 bars
Y bar is N900/br = N9,000

Binding wire = N2,000

Total amount on materials = N48,500

Workmanship = N25,000

Transport = N 2,500

Total =N75,500

Nice response I must say sir and highly comprehensible and dis is wot u get wen 2 good heads work together as 1.

Let the pictures keep coming as d project progresses.
And by d way, hope u r enjoying Anambra sir.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by smiley001(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

How many ton in each trip?

Thanks.

there r some materials u don't rilly know d tonnage becos they r not being scaled or weighed at d point of loading but d tonnage can only be guessed by seeing d truck delivering it. 3 of such materials r d sharp sand, gravel and d laterite.
D laterite doesn't rilly carry so much weight.

D only materials dat r being scaled and weighed at d PoL r just d Quarry products.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Onuokwu: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2015
adeekiti:
yes if u want our service sir
EgunMogaji:

You are both on point! Just that I have seen some suppliers/contractors who have specified their areas of coverage. And that is very understandable too....no need taking up assignments in far flung locations when you know your capacity to deliver is limited.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2015
Onuokwu:

You are both on point! Just that I have seen some suppliers/contractors who have specified their areas of coverage. And that is very understandable too....no need taking up assignments in far flung locations when you know your capacity to deliver is limited.
mobility is te factor involve but once their are proper arrangement for that, services can be offer anywhere and accommodation is sorted out.. Once u av a good services to offer then your client can pay for your service at any cost..
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PropTrader: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
Dear Thread owners, any updates?

If you don't mind, can you share the floor plan of this building?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
continuation of foundation feeling:

estimated quantity of sand fill : 12 trips of 15 tonnage vehicle
Quantity of sand fill used : 16 trips of 15 tonnage vehicle

Estimated time of filling and compaction : 3 days
Expended time of filling : 3 days

cost of filling the foundation @ N7,000 = N112,000
Labour cost = N50,000
Total cost = N162,000

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
application of polystyrene materials: This is done to prevent moisture from rising through the wall.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
casting of the damp proof course, popularly known as German floor;
materials :
1. 67bags of cement
2. 3 trips of sharp sand
4. 15tonnes of gravel

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.