Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State (53075 Views)

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic / A Two Unit Of 2 and Three Bedroom Bungalow With C Of O - 6million (photo) Asaba / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by skytech2020(m): 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Y are u using 1:4:4 instead of the standard mix design of 1:2:4
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by butterflex: 4:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Good day Sir. please what is the cost of roofing and how many bags of cement did you use for the plastering and can you and your team work in Benin. i anticipate your kind reply. thanks.

butterflex
goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com
skytech2020:
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2015
skytech2020:

We have standard mix for different strength categories such as M10, M15, M20, M25 etc.
These design have been produce using some standard method of mix proportioning
M10 - 1:3:6 (by weight)
M15- 1:2:4 (by weight)
M20- 1:1.5:3 (by weight)
M25- 1: 1:2 ( by weight)

note M is the means, while the number is the strength of the concrete after 28days.
According to 'IS 456-2000'

Second type of concrete is nominal concrete where the concrete producer uses relative mass of the cement and aggregate to batch concrete, this is normally use for small job like the building I am building here.
The major problem is you get mix that is either too rich or too poor in concrete.

Third type of concrete is a called 'design mix. This is a type of concrete where the proportion of aggregate and cement is specified by the designer after considering some of the property of the concrete sure as strength, workability, durability etc. This is normally use for job where strength of more than M30 is required.

We decided to use 1:4:4 for most of our max concrete because we only need about M10 strength for the bungalow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 6:28am On Dec 21, 2015
butterflex:
Good day Sir. please what is the cost of roofing and how many bags of cement did you use for the plastering and can you and your team work in Benin. i anticipate your kind reply. thanks.

butterflex
goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com

We will love to work for you sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by butterflex: 7:39am On Dec 21, 2015
Brilliant. will be contacting you as soon as my architect is done with my drawing
abdulwastecx:

We will love to work for you sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2015
butterflex:
Brilliant. will be contacting you as soon as my architect is done with my drawing

Thanks sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Hiibeek: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Thanks sir
please how do I make d cost estimates of 20pillars? footing, colums,links,number of bags of cement needed, sand, gravel please help
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2016
Hiibeek:

please how do I make d cost estimates of
20pillars?
footing, colums,links,number of bags of cement needed, sand, gravel
please help

Will you pay me sir? Lol

It's simple
1. Know the dimensions of your column ( I. e height, width and breadth), dimension of your footing ( B X L and the depth).

2. calculate the volume

3. For a simple concrete M20- M25, about N20,000- N25,000/ cubic meters.

For the reinforcement, you will need to understand bending schedule and a detail design from the structural drawings to do that.

You can as well pay small token to get the estimate down by us

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Hiibeek: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Will you pay me sir? Lol

It's simple
1. Know the dimensions of your column ( I. e height, width and breadth), dimension of your footing ( B X L and the depth).

2. calculate the volume

3. For a simple concrete M20- M25, about N20,000- N25,000/ cubic meters.

For the reinforcement, you will need to understand bending schedule and a detail design from the structural drawings to do that.

You can as well pay small token to get the estimate down by us
thanks sir.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by austin2all: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Still waiting for the floor plan
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Pop work ongoing

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by msogunro: 4:40am On Aug 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Ok sir... We are developing a building model that will pay more emphasis on the strength of the building.
What we have been able to do was to[b] introduce ten column per flat to make the house more rigid. this is necessary when you look at the strength of the block we generally use in our building construction[/b].

I've been scouring the Nairaland properties section soaking up as much information and knowledge as possible and stumbled upon this old thread

Please see the bolded portion of your comment above. Are you saying that you only added the columns because of weak blocks? If so, could you have used a mixing ratio that gives you a very strong block and reduce the number of columns?

I've noticed that weak blocks seem to be the weakest link in most builds I've seen on Nairaland. Can investing in the strongest blocks possible up front reduce the cost of building the carcass?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2016
msogunro:

I've been scouring the Nairaland properties section soaking up as much information and knowledge as possible and stumbled upon this old thread

Please see the bolded portion of your comment above. Are you saying that you only added the columns because of weak blocks? If so, could you have used a mixing ratio that gives you a very strong block and reduce the number of columns?

I've noticed that weak blocks seem to be the weakest link in most builds I've seen on Nairaland. Can investing in the strongest blocks possible up front reduce the cost of building the carcass?
In Civil Engineering... We have what we call load bearing walls and partition walls of which walls can be made of blocks, wood, glass or polysterene.
In Nigeria sancrete blocks are more common for use in residential buildings.
Due to poor regulatary measures, the sancrete blocks are ususally of low Fcu( Strength) and many of the blocks we use lack the strength to qualify for use as load bearing walls. To cater for this uncertainty over the strength of the blocks, we introduce Reinforced concrete colunms to reduce the load bearing need of the blocks and we have technically rendered the blocks as partition walls, rather than load bearing walls.
Another factor we considered is the soil, since a Geothecnic survey was not carried out, we decided to introduce the reinforced concrete colunms as a factor of safety to cater for discrepancies in the soil conditions.
To answere your Questions, if you can establish to a very high degree of certainty the strength of the blocks and the nature of the soil, its possible to build your bungalow without Rc colunms, in fact its possible to build a duplex without RC counms, and design the building and construct the building with load bearing walls.
Thank you.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by msogunro: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
podosci:

To answere your Questions, if you can establish to a very high degree of certainty the strength of the blocks and the nature of the soil, its possible to build your bungalow without Rc colunms, in fact its possible to build a duplex without RC counms, and design the building and construct the building with load bearing walls.
Thank you.

Thanks for the thorough response.

Why are Nigerian blocks weak? Is it the mix ratio, cement, weather, etc?

It seems like whoever can develop a strong block, can be a very rich person.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
msogunro:

Thanks for the thorough response.

Why are Nigerian blocks weak? Is it the mix ratio, cement, weather, etc?

It seems like whoever can develop a strong block, can be a very rich person.
Its our generally poor knowledge of Building construction coupled with weak building enforcement agencies.
A Bs certified block might cost a bit more than the normal block we use, the extra cost would drive people away and cause a loss for whoever wants to go into that but if we have agencies that would ensure no matter the cost, Nigerians follow proper building construction methods and use BS certified Building materials, then it would be a good venture to go into.
Buildings in developed nations cost more than buildings in Nigeria, Because in Developed nations there is no avenue to cut corners, every building standards must be followed.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by msogunro: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
podosci:

Its our generally poor knowledge of Building construction coupled with weak building enforcement agencies.
A Bs certified block might cost a bit more than the normal block we use, the extra cost would drive people away and cause a loss for whoever wants to go into that but if we have agencies that would ensure no matter the cost, Nigerians follow proper building construction methods and use BS certified Building materials, then it would be a good venture to go into.
Buildings in developed nations cost more than buildings in Nigeria, Because in Developed nations there is no avenue to cut corners, every building standards must be followed.

Would the higher cost of stronger blocks reduce cost in othe areas, let's say all the material and workmanship costs related to the construction of columns?

Or let's say the strongest blocks possible are used for the corner's and on the sides of doors and then regular blocks are used for demarcation?

Please excuse my very basic questions. Just curious.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
msogunro:

Would the higher cost of stronger blocks reduce cost in othe areas, let's say all the material and workmanship costs related to the construction of columns?

Or let's say the strongest blocks possible are used for the corner's and on the sides of doors and then regular blocks are used for demarcation?

Please excuse my very basic questions. Just curious.
Not really, we use the colunms in conjuction with a ring lintel to give the bungalow a mini frame. It wont work with strong blocka at the coners ..... The sancrete blocks interlock to form one strong wall...... Failure of one unit can be detrimental to the whole.
Besides....many bungalows in Nigeria, are built without the colunms, the effect wont be felt immidiatlt but at a later date when horizontal cracks beging to appear slong the walls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by msogunro: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
podosci:

Not really, we use the colunms in conjuction with a ring lintel to give the bungalow a mini frame. It wont work with strong blocka at the coners ..... The sancrete blocks interlock to form one strong wall...... Failure of one unit can be detrimental to the whole.
Besides....many bungalows in Nigeria, are built without the colunms, the effect wont be felt immidiatlt but at a later date when horizontal cracks beging to appear slong the walls.

OK. thank you.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Finishing work on our two units two bedroom bungalow.

External screeding work.

1 Share

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by twinskenny(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wow lovely
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Cinephilia: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2016
abdulwastecx:

External screeding work.
Good work
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by spyjoe: 12:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Pls what's d cost breakdown
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
spyjoe:

send me your email sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Stealth100: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
abdulwastecx:

External screeding work.

I really love this, exactly what I have in mind for my upcoming project. Could you please help out with the detailed plan of the house? I'll so much appreciate it. I have one plan already but I'm discarding it already.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
Stealth100:

I really love this, exactly what I have in mind for my upcoming project. Could you please help out with the detailed plan of the house? I'll so much appreciate it. I have one plan already but I'm discarding it already.

you can drop your mail here for further discussion

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Stealth100: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

you can drop your mail here for further discussion

BOLAJILOGUN@Gmail.com
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by eazyway212: 10:15pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
spyjoe:

I think you should budget about 15m for this type of building
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
Completed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants" / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.