Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State (53200 Views)

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic / A Two Unit Of 2 and Three Bedroom Bungalow With C Of O - 6million (photo) Asaba / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
Work pix

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
More

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
More pics

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by twinskenny(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
abdulwastecx:
More pics
baba eku ise sir.. Guess you are back
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
More works

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
twinskenny:
baba eku ise sir.. Guess you are back

I have been around since on Wednesday
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Onuokwu: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
abdulwastecx:
Work pix

This is nice job. Its looking smooth. Are you going to screed it?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by twinskenny(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
abdulwastecx:

I have been around since on Wednesday
great
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by aleem50(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2015
Nice job man, are you a contractor or a quantity surveyor?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2015
aleem50:
Nice job man, are you a contractor or a quantity surveyor?

I am a contractor/civil engineer
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by aleem50(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
abdulwastecx:

I am a contractor/civil engineer
that's good, I am trying to embark on a project next year, it a 4,bedroom flat, is it advisable to omit columns at the four corners of the proposed building or not?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
aleem50:
that's good, I am trying to embark on a project next year, it a 4,bedroom flat, is it advisable to omit columns at the four corners of the proposed building or not?

Don't omit column at the corners my oga. It will do your building a lot of good

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by RMU: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
This is fantastically Ok, Please can i have the comprehensive cost for roofing to include the number of hardwood used, the square meter of the roofing sheet and the workmanship.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by aleem50(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
abdulwastecx:

thanks a bunch sir, you are one of a kind. I am a quantity surveyor in embryo sha.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
RMU:

This is fantastically Ok, Please can i have the comprehensive cost for roofing to include the number of hardwood used, the square meter of the roofing sheet and the workmanship.

i will find time to re summarized that for you my oga.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by skyps(m): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2015
Nice job bro
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by aleem50(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Ok sir... We are developing a building model that will pay more emphasis on the strength of the building.
What we have been able to do was to introduce ten column per flat to make the house more rigid. this is necessary when you look at the strength of the block we generally use in our building construction.

Thee columns were spaced with minimum distance of 3.6m to help carry the intended concrete facial ( parapet ) and roofing load.
The columns were also reinforced with minimum diameter of steel to reduce cost.

From cost perspective, its not out of place to reinforced the building with about N 76,000 in other to avoid any structural failure in the future, considering the fact much more will be spend on the finishing phase.

Here is a simple breakdown of the column:
1.footing with size of 600mm x 600mm only need 8nr of 600mm bar
total number of footings = 20
nr of bar required = 20 x 8 x 0.6/12 = 8 bars
cost of Y12 @ N1,100 = N8,800

columns of 3.75m high
20 nr of column with four bars per column
number of bar required = 20 x 4 x 4/12 =27bars
cost of bar = N1,100 x 27 = N29,700

Links of 750mm length spaced @ 400mm center to center
Number required = 3/0.4 x 20 x 0.75/12 = 10Y10 bars
Y bar is N900/br = N9,000

Binding wire = N2,000

Total amount on materials = N48,500

Workmanship = N25,000

Transport = N 2,500

Total =N75,500
sir, you didn't put into consideration the length of the bars when calculating for the number of bars required. Pls how did you come about your own calculation?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by RMU: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
My Oga,

Am still expecting the comprehensive cost of roofing as you promised.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by danny34(m): 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
wow.... The work is moving..... We are patiently waiting to give it an exquisite design and touch of quality....
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2015
See more work updates

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2015
More updates

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2015
More work updates

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
My updates

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
aleem50:
sir, you didn't put into consideration the length of the bars when calculating for the number of bars required. Pls how did you come about your own calculation?

Look closely..... You will see bar length.
Check out for '12'
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by aleem50(m): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Look closely..... You will see bar length.
Check out for '12'
You mean length of a single bar in a column is 12m?Please I am trying to learn, kindly expatiate better sir.....
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
Check out for 4 x 4/12.... The first 4 means 4 nr of bars , the second the second 4 means 4 which is the length of the bar
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by skyps(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Please can you give us the cost update?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by johnson232: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
abdulwastecx:
More works
this is nice.
the plastering is quite dark.
what is the mix ratio?
do u know how many tons of sand makes one wheel barrow?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by johnson232: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
abdulwastecx:

can one make use of columns without roof beam?
that is, can i terminate the columns at the lintel level?
thanks.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
johnson232:

this is nice.
the plastering is quite dark.
what is the mix ratio?
do u know how many tons of sand makes one wheel barrow?

1:1:4 one part of cement to one part sharp sand to four part of plaster sand.

One wheel barrow is equivalent to 4 head pan and one head pan have a weight of about 25kg , remember one tonne is equivalent to 1000kg.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
skyps:
Please can you give us the cost update?

I will do that as soon as I can
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by johnson232: 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

1:1:4 one part of cement to one part sharp sand to four part of plaster sand.

One wheel barrow is equivalent to 4 head pan and one head pan have a weight of about 25kg , remember one tonne is equivalent to 1000kg.
thank u sir.
can one make use of columns without roof beam?
that is, can i terminate the columns at the lintel level?
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Fire At NNPC Petrol Station, College Road, Ogba (Pictures) / Bathroom Of Lady Who Moved Out Of A Guy's Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.