Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,528 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) (37863 Views)

Osinbajo Replaces Babachir At New Boards Committee: Dailytrust / Army Reinstates 3, 032 Dismissed Soldiers (Dailytrust) / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by intergral(m): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2015
BABA at it!!!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by scanp(m): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2015
De are nt worthy to b a soldier..........
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by basty: 1:25am On Aug 21, 2015
These people don't sleep at all.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Darayola(m): 1:39am On Aug 21, 2015
tell me why those soldiers should not be 100% loyal to PMB.
On daily basis, I see more reasons to love PMB the more.
I love his leadership style of governnace.
Thank God I voted for him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Dindondin(m): 1:39am On Aug 21, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
While I believe that discipline must be enforced in the military at all times, it is also important that fairness must be ensured.

You cannot fight terrorists with bare hands. If their offences are pardonable, let them be recalled.

We need them in the frontline. God bless our military!
As in I feel like slapping everything called PDP

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by sapientia(m): 1:50am On Aug 21, 2015
This is dangerous for the military...

Commute the death sentence to retirement or another disciplinary action

But to just absorb them back? thats dangerous

Its against all military institutions stands for

3 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Lusola15: 1:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Good move but what happens to those died fighting with little or no equipment. If every solider had refuse to defend or fight for the country. I don't think we would have a country called Nigeria anymore. Every solider that died fighting with little or no equipment are the real super heros of this country and they should be remembered and their families rewarded because they gave it all.

2 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by majalisa(m): 2:01am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?
silly child..it will be a waste of resources debugging ur childish mindset

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by majalisa(m): 2:04am On Aug 21, 2015
sapientia:

pls carefully read the post as a jamb comprehensive essay..thank me later

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by breakeven: 2:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Some of this soldiers were boko haram sympathisers and now are being recalled. Well, I hope we know what we are doing to our country. Now we no longer hearing about those who were secretly giving information to boko haram. Let us allow our hatred for GEJ blind us.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by babadem2much(m): 2:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Some people will be having heart ache, the former COAS came out openly on a national TV and said he will dismiss n jail more if the refuse to fight, some where just dislodge from their locations because of inadequate weapons and few hands. This same guys where dismissed base on the fact that they refuse to die, i have friends and cousins among them. You can feel the pains when they tell you they are damn ready to go back to the bush right now if there is adequate weapons but the ill treatment giving to them by the past govt and inadequate care is unbearable, that is why some decide to quit and some dismissed i was discussing with one on phone asking him if you are ready to go back to dat bush? he said as long as PMB is the C in C, Buratai n Mongunu are there he is ready.
Thats a nice move by the Govt, imagine 3,000 armed men dismissed in da country like 9ja, i swear trouble de sleep wahala go wake am.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by babadem2much(m): 2:23am On Aug 21, 2015
sapientia:

No mr man, there is room for rejab is cases are reviewed, besides this guys gave their all fighting, just because most of them were dislodged from former CDS home town Vintim, Mubi, Bazzar, Madagali n Gulak with inadequate weapons thats all. No APCs, no Mortars, no AAs, no RPGs to fight and protect the villages, that is the more reason why one oga @ d top just decide to dismiss them all. Supozin u have some one who will tell u the real story of what this guys faced or an indigene of that place. You will weep for this guys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by LastProphet: 2:28am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?

one of the 17 yr olds on nairaland, dismissing soldiers who fought with their lives so that you can type from your ipad and make comments on nairaland from the peace of your home is now a legacy?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by buchai: 2:33am On Aug 21, 2015
lets not allow our hatred on gej blind us some soilders fought and die along the line those refusing to fight are not gallent they are salary earn soilders looking for government lost purse at the end they will royal to there master eut not choose other disciplinary action against them dismiss them because they lack what it takes to be a good soilder. a good and trained soilder can fight with intelligency report underground survillance and win this war.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by sparkwil(m): 2:34am On Aug 21, 2015
obailala:
Look man, stop being annoyingly petty. It's not everything in this life that has to be about GEJ or Buhari.

Stop it!

I just love to read sensible posts as this
Even if I'm yet to like buhari but I like this decision
No sane Arny goes to war unless ure certain of victory. The US with all her military might only goes to war wen they're nearly 100% sure of victory.
Our boys are asked to confront BH with at best same kind of BH ammunition and are expected to combat their enemy conventially when the enemy fights unconventionally.
No satellite coverage, they don't have an idea of where d enemy is and even wen they do, they r often outgunned and left to die with no air cover.
I'll always say that Nigerian soldiers are very brave

however, the Arny must fish out the BH sympathizers amongst d lot to prevent this decision from boomeranging

RIP to all d dead men and women killed fighting to preserve our peace

7 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Jabioro: 2:34am On Aug 21, 2015
It is good move, correct all the wrong of past administration change is here

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by SmartMugu: 2:36am On Aug 21, 2015
I hope those facing death sentence are freed too. Femi Falana has been helping with their case.

3 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by chysam: 2:36am On Aug 21, 2015
obailala:
Good move, the Nigerian streets have just been saved from 3000 highly trained potential armed robbers. Hallelluia!

Or even additional insurgents adequately reenforced with better strategies and TKH to prolong the carnage.

4 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by likila: 2:38am On Aug 21, 2015
buhari has finished nigeria!
what happened to "obey before complain"?
now every soldier wants helicopter before they can fight boko haram almajiri from chad!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by cabaliciouscabal: 2:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Common sense from d people's General, tank God d clueless didn't win d election, he would av wasted d precious lives of dis gallant soldiers dat ar ready to fight in defense of dia nation, but unfortunately no weapons.

2 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by naijamakossa(m): 2:51am On Aug 21, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by meritt: 3:19am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Fool you see your life!!! so your likes were happy they were dismissed and many were sentenced for life imprisonment and when Buhari talks about probing looters janah suddenly becomes your hero of life, you are so empty.. must you comment ??.. jeez

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Alal(m): 3:22am On Aug 21, 2015
They should not be screened at all, they should be called back cos I see no sense in giving someone a cutlass or nothing to fight someone who has AK 47. It doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by azimibraun: 3:56am On Aug 21, 2015
It should be a covert operation.. I don't know why it leaked. Come to think of it, We kinda need more boots and dis individuals are already trained and are to hit the theater of war with what the never got before now.. Real Weapons for generation X soldiers. Real fire spitting machines.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by azimibraun: 4:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Obey before which complain? "The Dead stay Dumb"
James Hardley Chase.

If I was having any doubt before based on what Borno state Governor said about how ill-equipped our military was fighting Boko Haram, I am convinced now that our luvly boys in Uniform were set up for death against boko haram when the former chief of defense staff Alex Barde confirmed it.

I wish the guy who posted those painful pictures of soldiers lost to boko harm will repost it and then you see how much it breaks the heart to know they died out of fear of Court-martial. They were betrayed by their own country. Sent to War with less arms than the enemy. They were sent to die.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: PDP Begins Sale Of Nomination Forms (cost Of Forms) / Aisha Buhari Launches Sickle Cell Awareness In Abuja, Today (photos) / "Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.