Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) (37858 Views)

Osinbajo Replaces Babachir At New Boards Committee: Dailytrust / Army Reinstates 3, 032 Dismissed Soldiers (Dailytrust) / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 6:36am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

The most analytical and intelligent post on this thread.

Emotions / sentiments have taken the place of common logic in many Nigerian brains.

Intelligence chief well done.
This Nairaland is surely a comic site. Your common logic told you illegality and common sense cannot exist in a military force. It didn't tell you the morals of soldiers is next in line to training and weapons in winning a war of this nature where you don't even know who your enemy is.
Well done Mr Logic.

3 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

This Nairaland is surely a comic site. Your common logic told you illegality and common sense cannot exist in a military force. It didn't tell you the morals of soldiers is next in line to training and weapons in winning a war of this nature where you don't even know who your enemy is.
Well done Mr Logic.

Type into google. "why is mutiny not good for the military, even if the mutineers have all the justification". Maybe if google explains it you will understand better.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by nationwide1(m): 6:45am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

Well done Mr Logic.
You mean indiscipline in any guise should be condoned in the army? Do you know what that means? Do you even know that some of the soldiers dismissed leaked military intelligence information to bokoharam resulting in heavy defeat of Nigeria army?

Now answer this question Mr Emotion: If all the soldiers were to be indisciplined and refused to fight, what would have become of Nigeria today?

As I always say, until emotion / sentiment is eliminated, common logic will remain obliterated.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by onunwa21(m): 6:45am On Aug 21, 2015
We promised to wipe Boko Haram in two weeks.

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by buchai: 6:45am On Aug 21, 2015
lets not allow our hatred on gej blind us some soilders fought and die along the line those refusing to fight are not gallent they are salary earn soilders looking for government lost purse at the end they will be royal to there master eut not choose other disciplinary action against them dismiss them because they lack what it takes to be a good soilder. a good and trained soilder can fight with intelligency report underground survillance and win this war.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by lakefist(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2015
Bluetooth2:

"Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?"

Jonathan's regime dismissed them; sentenced some to life imprisonment and others to death just because he refused to empower them to successfully fight the war. If killing thousands of helpless soldiers is what you call a legacy, then you are the most stupiid Nigerian I've ever seen in my life.

I wanted to reply the fool but you spoke my mind.

Awo oloshi jatijati...omo iran ki ran
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Asuokaa: 7:00am On Aug 21, 2015
azimibraun:
Obey before which complain? "The Dead stay Dumb"
James Hardley Chase.

If I was having any doubt before based on what Borno state Governor said about how ill-equipped our military was fighting Boko Haram, I am convinced now that our luvly boys in Uniform were set up for death against boko haram when the former chief of defense staff Alex Barde confirmed it.

I wish the guy who posted those painful pictures of soldiers lost to boko harm will repost it and then you see how much it breaks the heart to know they died out of fear of Court-martial. They were betrayed by their own country. Sent to War with less arms than the enemy. They were sent to die.

I was the one that created that thread with my old account ill create it again soon... This time with more dead officers and soldiers
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

Type into google. "why is mutiny not good for the military, even if the mutineers have all the justification". Maybe if google explains it you will understand better.

Nobody needs Google to tell what mutiny is. Does the Nigerian military law permits giving combatants toy pistols to fight heavily armoured insurgents and leadership frittering away allowances and military budgets? Pray tell me.

4 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by feeloscar(m): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?
Another DEMENTIA sufferer
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Asuokaa: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

Nobody needs Google to tell what mutiny is. Does the Nigerian military law permits giving combatants toy pistols to fight heavily armoured insurgents and leadership frittering away allowances and military budgets? Pray tell me.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

And here ladies and gentlemen is the psychy of the average nigerian. Justify illegality with any excuse;

1. Bribery; "man must wack joo. dem de chop their own for abuja, i go chop my own for here"

2. Jungle justice; "burn the guy. Since police go release am and we no go get justice. Burn the thief"

3. Mutiny;
philips70:

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by chronique(m): 7:15am On Aug 21, 2015
Well,I really can't say much.I just hope those who sabotaged the army in the fight and were dismissed,wouldn't be reinstated. As for those sentenced to death,I'd rather they reduce their punishment and convert their sentences to retirements(except those who were actually guilty of leaking info to the insurgents). Let's also remember that some people fought and gave their lives in this battle and the insurgents were dealt serious blows by these soldiers.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by royal231(m): 7:15am On Aug 21, 2015
Very wrong move.... most of those soilders were dismissed by the military high command ..

Nigeria prepare for the worst
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 7:16am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

And here ladies and gentlemen is the psychy of the average nigerian. Justify illegality with any excuse;

1. Bribery; "man must wack joo. dem de chop their own for abuja, i go chop my own for here"

2. Jungle justice; "burn the guy. Since police go release am and we no go get justice. Burn the thief"

3. Mutiny;

Jonathan's Abobaku well done. One day he will scream to you people to allow him carry his cross without interference.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

Jonathan's Abobaku well done. One day he will scream to you people to allow him carry his cross without interference.

That is your problem there. You think Buhari is any better that jonathan. A leader is a reflection of it's citizenry. If the citizens are small minded and dull, guess what? it means the leader will be small minded and dull. Why, because the leader is selected from the citizenry. So, if the majority is dull and small minded, there is a high probability of picking mo.orons to lead you.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Tripleclick(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Queennikky:
Flushing out those whose stamina is not ok to face boko harram.

like you fit kill ant
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by hardbody: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2015
ManirBK:
Many soldiers who were earlier dismissed from the Nigerian Army for refusing to fight have been recalled and are currently being screened at the Jaji military cantonment in Kaduna State, our correspondent gathered yesterday.
While some soldiers were sentenced to death, others were dismissed by military court martials for their refusal to fight Boko Haram militants. But the soldiers said they were not provided the right combat equipment to fight the terrorists.
Our correspondent gathered in Kaduna that the screening, which is going on at the outskirts of the cantonment, is housing over 3,000 soldiers awaiting determination by a committee from the army headquarters.
“The soldiers are all there in Jaji cantonment awaiting their turns to be screened by the committee and whoever scales through might be recalled.READ MORE http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/army-screens-recalls-dismissed-soldiers/107265.html

Fair enough. Their bosses should instead be tried for sending them to commit suicide. How can you give a man shakabula to go and fight a man that ordinarily wants to die and is also better armed?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
While I believe that discipline must be enforced in the military at all times, it is also important that fairness must be ensured.

You cannot fight terrorists with bare hands. If their offences are pardonable, let them be recalled.

We need them in the frontline. God bless our military!
Totally agree with you. In fact it's suicidal for anybody to go for such battle without the appropriate equipment.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

That is your problem there. You think Buhari is any better that jonathan. A leader is a reflection of it's citizenry. If the citizens are small minded and dull, guess what? it means the leader will be small minded and dull. Why, because the leader is selected from the citizenry. So, if the majority is dull and small minded, there is a high probability of picking mo.orons to lead you.

The danger in self delusion is you actually think you are making sense.
Am 100% sure nobody takes your opinion serious in your household.

4 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

The danger in self delusion is you actually think you are making sense.
Am 100% sure nobody takes your opinion serious in your household.

You still haven't made any concrete argument so far. All is see is personal attacks and deflections. Signs of a below par individual.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by chi4ik4(m): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Nigeria.
An oil producing nation that can't buy sophisticated weapons for her military wing.
You expect the soldiers to fight well equipped Boko Haram sects with double barells guns & some Ak47 and shoot while you relax in Aso rock protected by the SSS.
Buhari is a big joke.
you are so silly, have you ever seen Nigeria Army using double barrel gun before? even police can't use it. pls go & brush your teeth, it's smelling
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by mhbabanna: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?
Be honest to yourself if any of your relatives was among them would you still maintain that stand. Stop been paranoid
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by sainty2k3(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

I can remember how u strongly argued in support of the death sentence then, so this has always been about GEJ vs Buhari. Smh

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

You still haven't made any concrete argument so far. All is see is personal attacks and deflections. Signs of a below par individual.

Your types blinded by hate and sentiments do not deserve any concrete arguments. You expect me to argue with a Nairaland rat about a decision taken by collective ideas from seasoned military hierarchy and an experienced C in C? Hell no!

What we have on Nairaland are just some self deluded arm chair presidents, policy strategists, economic giants etc who cannot even manage common recharge card business successfully.

3 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2015
sainty2k3:

I can remember how u strongly argued in support of the death sentence then, so this has always been about GEJ vs Buhari. Smh

Oh God. Not another one. I need you to read this slowly. If.....you....had....bothered.....to....follow.....the....discussion.....you.....would.....have.....realised......that.....i.....responded.....to......a.....reference.....about......the.....two......presidents. Remember read it slowly. That's the only way a dullard. will understand.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Bollinger(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

Your types blinded by hate and sentiments do not deserve any concrete arguments. You expect me to argue with a Nairaland rat about a decision taken by collective ideas from seasoned military hierarchy and an experienced C in C? Hell no!

What we have on Nairaland are just some self deluded arm chair presidents, policy strategists, economic giants etc who cannot even manage common recharge card business successfully.

Lol. Seasoned. Are they not the same seasoned military hierarchy you blame for the problems in the army? So, let me get this straight, you don't trust their decisions normally, but you trust this one. Guy, just give up. you have nothing to say.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2015
chi4ik4:
you are so silly, have you ever seen Nigeria Army using double barrel gun before? even police can't use it. pls go & brush your teeth, it's smelling

Suck my dick
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by harristo(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2015
imhotep:
"Dismissed soldiers" have been offering their services to Boko Haram

Rumor spreader like you needs to be flogged.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by j1mmy: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Tintinnoty:
good move

good what?

employ them again so they can refuse to fight again or hide while you are paying them
una dey craze for that country?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
There was once an army and now because buhari is trying to win cheap sympathy and support, the Nigerian military will fade away because why should I be disciplined and obey an order if i could just disobey and wait for a more favourable regime to absolve me And all these masturbating retard$ are here cooing with pleasure thinking this is a good move, okay a better equipped boko haram is the enemy and that's why they refused to fight abi, what if the U.S, Russia, North Korea were the enemy? am guessing they'll just pull their uniforms and resign because those are militaries we can't outgun, the best land forces ever were never the best equipped, they were always the most determined and the vietcong, WWII red army, Chinese communist forces, e.t.c will always have a place in history as gritty do or die never say never armies because they never wavered, never gave up and fought till they got the only acceptable outcome for them which is victory to the end against vastly superior and better armed forces and yes, our cowardly soldiers who forfeited their rights to choose how they die when they enlisted were better armed than them even with the alleged corruption were far better armed than these armies.

Thanks to the daura dul1ard, our military has become one of convenience----->for better or i quit and fools are here celebrating because its a populist decision forgetting that the popular choice isn't always the right choice and if you doubt me, tell me about fuel subsidy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Roland Ewubare Resigns As NNPC Chief Operating Officer / President Buhari Receives Godwin Obaseki In Aso Rock (pictures) / Severance Packages Of Retired CBN Deputy Governors Will Surprise Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.