Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) (37864 Views)

Osinbajo Replaces Babachir At New Boards Committee: Dailytrust / Army Reinstates 3, 032 Dismissed Soldiers (Dailytrust) / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Intendy: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2015
step in the right direction
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by philips70(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol. Seasoned. Are they not the same seasoned military hierarchy you blame for the problems in the army? So, let me get this straight, you don't trust their decisions normally, but you trust this one. Guy, just give up. you have nothing to say.

Are they same military hierarchy? Where have you been?

Maybe you want to hear this. The problem we had was a C in C who was equipped with ideas and leadership qualities that are lower than the rank and file of the military he commands. Now we have a true C in C and every decision you see now should be seen from the angle of a true MILITARY force. I guess even Jonathan's ADC was issuing commands and orders to him.

EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
When you are looking for miracle here is one imagine been sentence to death and now been recall back to duty

[size=14pt]THEIR SENTENCE IS UNJUSTIFIABLE.

REASON I CAN NOT JOIN THE MILITARY IS BECAUSE OF THE ZOMBIE LIFE ALONG THE RANKS AND FILE.

LAST REGIME REALLY MESSED UP OUR MILITARY.

MINIMAH CONFESSED THEY WERE ILL EQUIPPED AND NOT MORALLY MOTIVATED, NOT UNTIL BUHARI RELEAVED HIM OF HIS JOB.

WHO IS DECIEVING WHO?

YOU SENT A SOLDIER TO FACE BOKO HARAM WITH AN UNTRUSTED DANE GUN. THAT IS SUICIDE. THOSE SOLDIERS DO NOT DESERVE DEATH. BUT HEROIC TREATMENT.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

Type into google. "why is mutiny not good for the military, even if the mutineers have all the justification". Maybe if google explains it you will understand better.

Thank GOD for you and others like you! I came late to this thread and noticed the foolishness being exhibited by the extremely stup1d on the first page and began to wonder whether everybody in this country have taken leave of their sanity. Among the soldiers being reinstated are those charged and convicted of mutiny, desertion, cowardice and espionage and yet these fools celebrate this purely populist political move intended to rubbish the previous administration who obtained results after weeding out these incompetent and undesirable ex-servicemen. I was afraid i was the only one who saw the stupidity in this move of re-enlisting soldiers who will only fight when it is convenient for them to do so, no over pampered army had ever lasted the distance in a gruelling war

Am relieved to know there are other people who still have the brain to deduce the ramifications this move portends on our military psyche

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by dumodust(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

You mean indiscipline in any guise should be condoned in the army? Do you know what that means? Do you even know that some of the soldiers dismissed leaked military intelligence information to bokoharam resulting in heavy defeat of Nigeria army?

Now answer this question Mr Emotion: If all the soldiers were to be indisciplined and refused to fight, what would have become of Nigeria today?

As I always say, until emotion / sentiment is eliminated, common logic will remain obliterated.

You're right, 'bad weapons' will now be a legal excuse to run in the face of fear... they should have just cancelled the death sentence and retire them with pension or give them other jobs... rewarding their action, no matter who is right or wrong, is bad for the military

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Crieff(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Jonathan's regime dismissed them; sentenced some to life imprisonment and others to death just because he refused to empower them to successfully fight the war. If killing thousands of helpless soldiers is what you call a legacy, then you are the most stupiid Nigerian I've ever seen in my life.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=16pt]Bluetooth2:

Jonathan's regime dismissed them; sentenced some to life imprisonment and others to death just because he refused to empower them to successfully fight the war. If killing thousands of helpless soldiers is what you call a legacy, then you are the most stupiid Nigerian I've ever seen in my life.
[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?

@bolded,

Suddenly? undecided Hw did u arrive @such conclusion?

Indeed u av chosen NOT to c d virtue in dis development cos hate is deeply rooted in ur heart & has eaten deep into ur black brain. Who is @fault concerning d soldiers' refusal to fight cos of inadequate military hardware; GEJ govt or d soldiers? If ur brother is one of d soldiers u wud not type d trash u put up there.

Dis is a welcome development & let us give LOVE a chance in our hearts. cool

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2015
philips70:

Nobody needs Google to tell what mutiny is. Does the Nigerian military law permits giving combatants toy pistols to fight heavily armoured insurgents and leadership frittering away allowances and military budgets? Pray tell me.

The Nigerian Military law commands that you uphold your oath and fulfil your sacred duty as a serviceman/woman in the service of your country even (and especially) at the cost of your life "irrespective of the circumstances" and yes it means stopping a tanker with your bare hands if you are commanded to and have to angry because you signed of the right to choose how you die the minute you enlisted by choice!!! We have a professional, not a conscript army mind you so stop making noise about poorly armed this or that, because as a trained combatant, your best weapons are not your ammunition, they are your wit and resolve, in WWII soviet russia there was a general called Kruschyev who commanded the red army at stalingrad against Hitlers superior forces and prevailed and i believe you are well read enough to know how and why.

Buhari has just politicised the army by reinstating soldiers of convenience and the future will prove me right on this case and you are here applauding ignoring what it portends for the military in the future
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

The Nigerian Military law commands that you uphold your oath and fulfil your sacred duty as a serviceman/woman in the service of your country even (and especially) at the cost of your life "irrespective of the circumstances" and yes it means stopping a tanker with your bare hands if you are commanded to and have to angry because you signed of the right to choose how you die the minute you enlisted by choice!!! We have a professional, not a conscript army mind you so stop making noise about poorly armed this or that, because as a trained combatant, your best weapons are not your ammunition, they are your wit and resolve, in WWII soviet russia there was a general called Kruschyev who commanded the red army at stalingrad against Hitlers superior forces and prevailed and i believe you are well read enough to know how and why.

Buhari has just politicised the army by reinstating soldiers of convenience and the future will prove me right on this case and you are here applauding ignoring what it portends for the military in the future

CAN YOU SEND A COMPLETE DOWNLOAD OF NIGERIAN MILITARY LAW. SO THAT YOU WILL NOT LIMIT ITS INTERPRETATION TO YOU MILITARY SHEIKS?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

CAN YOU SEND A COMPLETE DOWNLOAD OF NIGERIAN MILITARY LAW. SO THAT YOU WILL NOT LIMIT ITS INTERPRETATION TO YOU MILITARY SHEIKS?

I am not a military officer and i don't know if military laws are accessible in the public domain, i only know this for a fact by virtue of association with friends and family retired and in active service and by virtue of the "sacred oath" you take when sworn in as a serviceman/woman. It is not much different from our national pledge in case you were wondering.
And if you transcribe the national pledge which is a lighter, less versed detailed of the military swearing in oath verbatim for verbatim, you'll understand why insufficient weaponry doesn't constitute an excuse not to fight, only provable sabotage by a fifth columnist can constitute an excuse and even that only morally except if not fighting is of strategic advantage in a battle or in the war!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by bros856: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?
Listen to yourself, Whoever you are may your children face the same death penalties those soldiers face for asking for their rights. So because of GEJ legacy you call it, they should be executed just like that, sorry GOD is no man.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

I am not a military officer and i don't know if military laws are accessible in the public domain, i only know this for a fact by virtue of association with friends and family retired and in active service and by virtue of the "sacred oath" you take when sworn in as a serviceman/woman. It is not much different from our national pledge in case you were wondering.
And if you transcribe the national pledge which is a lighter, less versed version of the military swearing in oath verbatim for verbatim, you'll understand why insufficient weaponry doesn't constitute an excuse not to fight, only sabotage can constitute an excuse and even that only morally except if not fighting is of strategic advantage in a battle or in the war!

YOU GOT IT FROM ANOTHER SHEIK. IT MEANS YOU DID NOT READ THE HOLY BOOK BY YOURSELF.

OK, HEARSAY. OR MY UNCLE TOLD ME.

PEOPLE DECIEVING PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by islandmoon: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2015
Good move, at least to prevent them from joining boko haram or armed robbery gangs.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

YOU GOT IT FROM ANOTHER SHEIK. IT MEANS YOU DID NOT READ THE HOLY BOOK BY YOURSELF.

OK, HEARSAY. OR MY UNCLE TOLD ME.

NA D SAME LEVEL WE DEY.

True! And i never said my level is higher than your own, but tell me, what does your national pledge say?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

True! And i never said my level is higher than your own, but tell me, what does your national pledge say?

TO FACE BOKO HARAM WITH MY FIST AND WIDE CHEST,

SO HELP ME GOD.

HOPE IT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2015
bros856:
Listen to yourself, Whoever you are may your children face the same death penalties those soldiers face for asking for their rights. So because of GEJ legacy you call it, they should be executed just like that, sorry GOD is no man.

Not because of GEJ legacy alone, but because of military law and discipline, those who are meant for execution should be executed because trust me! More soldiers will challenge their commanders in future if it is not done
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

TO FACE BOKO HARAM WITH MY FIST AND WIDE CHEST,

SO HELP ME GOD.

HOPE IT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

Yes!! And your wit which is your greatest weapon

And if you feel that way, you should never have signed up in the first place since you place such a very high value on your life above your duty and mission
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

Yes!! And your wit which is your greatest weapon

And if you feel that way, you should never have signed up in the first place since you place such a very high value on your life above your duty and mission

I SHOULD NOT HAVE SIGNED UP BEING A CITIZEN OF NIGERIA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by aameyah(f): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:

Haba Mister man.
Was it right to ask these soldiers to commit suicide by ordering them to charge without weapons. Remember, they are people's loved ones too....
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by bros856: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2015
JONATHAN WAS EXTREMELY WICKED ON THIS ONE READ WHY , You people can say what you like a military man is human that will one day get back into the society after retirement so they deserve to live like every other person. Can GEJ Jonathan tell us that if his Mechellin boof boof of a boy call his son or son inlaw was one of those soldiers unjustifiably sentenced to death, that he will keep quiet about it and allow it happen just like that. Or what kind of Christian was he sef? What surprised me was that all the Pastors he went to for prayers, the likes of Oyedebo, Adeboye, CAN president Orisejafor, TB Joshua, Lazurus of The Coosen, All the Bishops no one was interested in saving the lives of those innocent soldier through him, instead they were busy praying for election result. GOD BROUGHT BUHARI JUST BECAUSE OF THOSE INNOCENT SOLDIERS LIVES THAT WERE ABOUT TO BE WASTED AND IT IS DONE. GOD has heard the cry of their families to be left behind for defending Nigeria.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

I SHOULD NOT HAVE SIGNED UP BEING A CITIZEN OF NIGERIA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

No on that you don't have a choice and won't be breaking any law if you flee from boko haram except if you are conscripted, but when you join the army (which you have a choice not to), fleeing from boko haram when you are stationed to defend against them or attack them becomes a crime even when you are unarmed except if you do this at the command of a senior officer who will then be the one to answer questions for your retreat and that is military law!!! These men who are being reinstated know this law and they broke it, and now, a politician is rewarding them for it
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 21, 2015
nationwide1:

Smart observation.

For political / sentimental reasons, no one seems to know that many of those soldiers leaked military intelligence information to bokoharam resulting in heavy defeat of Nigeria army.
Perhaps those were working for APC. Job well done and it's time to be compensated.

I would have thought that an institution like the military should have rules, laws and code of conduct and people who breech such rules should be sanctioned appropriately by the same institution, irrespective of who is in Aso Rock. But alas that appears not to be the case.

Since they gave lack of equipment as reasons behind their actions, are those equipments now available? Has the APC bought the equipment in 3 months? if not, then on what basis are they returning since the reasons they bolted is still unresolved? And does it now mean that solders are free to bolt when they feel they're not sufficiently equipped? And who determines what is sufficient equipment and what is not? is it left to the solders individual judgement? what about those that sabotaged their fellow colleagues in the war front? was that also due to lack of equipments?

That is Nigeria for you, every new leader tries as much as possible to destroy or undo what his predecessor did. And yet you want to make PROGRESS? By what magic? It's IMPOSSIBLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by bashsani(m): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

still the failure did not come them the failure was in poor leadership
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

No on that you don't have a choice and won't be breaking any law if you flee from boko haram except if you are conscripted, [b]but when you join the army (which you have a choice not to), fleeing from boko haram when you are stationed to defend against them WITH A CLUB or attack them WITH MY MOUTH becomes a crime even when you are unarmed except if you do this at the command of a senior officer who will then be the one to answer questions for your retreat and that is military law!!! These men who are being reinstated know this law and they broke it, and now, a politician is rewarding them for it

I HAVE HEARD YOU SHEIK AL IBN BRANIACX.
PEOPLE DECIEVING PEOPLE
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

I THINK MY INSERTION INTO YOUR COMMENT WILL EXPRESS YOUR VIEW BETTER.

And why should your insertion make any difference? undecided

If you like let it be toothpick and microphone!!! You must fight till you die!!! Nobody forced you to join the army and if you don't like the ammo given you, buy the one you prefer from the military stores (yes! That option was always available)

And you seem to be taking this issue lightly and/or trivialising it, your national pledge is mostly morally enforceable as being a citizen is a mostly a social contract with your government and that is why you can hold multiple citizenships and change your nationality if you so wish but the military oath is a legally enforceable contract whose wordings are specific and loyalty to yourself first isn't permitted, you exist to fight and die for whatever cause your superiors deem necessary
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by jelal007(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Ur sooooo damn stupid,ur words come out like shit from d anus.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

I HAVE HEARD YOU SHEIK AL IBN BRANIACX.
PEOPLE DECIEVING PEOPLE

I know you've heard me but i seriously doubt you understand me so word of advice for you, don't ever join the military if you know am already enlisted because if peradventure am your C.O and you disobey my order, i would have you court martialled and executed CHIKENA!!!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

Wot u put up there shows dat u r one of those who argue blindly. Why wud u compare WWII to unconventional warfare such as d one going on in N.E of Nigeria? U probably wanna appear to knw stuff abt Nigerian Military Law...fuucck it.

U also mentioned dat PMB just politicised d army--for God's sake, r u outta ur mind? Dis is an issue of morality if u care to learn. Wots wrong in inspiring ur troops, lifting their spirit by showing dat u care abt dem & dat they r neva forgotten.

Look here son, itz neva healthy to be self-centered or narrow minded in ur views & dnt u ever suffocate ur conscience because of sentiment.

My 2kobo. cool

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2015
bashsani:
still the failure did not come them the failure was in poor leadership

The contract and oath was binding irrespective of the circumstances sad as it is to say that, but that is the law or according to buhari, "was" the law
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Perhaps those were working for APC. Job well done and it's time to be compensated.

I would have thought that an institution like the military should have rules, laws and code of conduct and people who breech such rules should be sanctioned appropriately by the same institution, irrespective of who is in Aso Rock. But alas that appears not to be the case.

Since they gave lack of equipment as reasons behind their actions, are those equipments now available? Has the APC bought the equipment in 3 months? if not, then on what basis are they returning since the reasons they bolted is still unresolved? And does it now mean that solders are free to bolt when they feel they're not sufficiently equipped? And who determines what is sufficient equipment and what is not? is it left to the solders individual judgement? what about those that sabotaged their fellow colleagues in the war front? was that also due to lack of equipments?

That is Nigeria for you, every new leader tries as much as possible to destroy or undo what his predecessor did. And yet you want to make PROGRESS? By what magic? It's IMPOSSIBLE

Thank you for highlighting more potential pitfalls this precedence has created, who determines what equipment is enough? And how relative is the equipment to the adversary? And who approves the scale of equipments to adversary?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo / Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor / Miriam Ali Weds Chuks Onyema Ugochukwu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.