Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) (37862 Views)

Osinbajo Replaces Babachir At New Boards Committee: Dailytrust / Army Reinstates 3, 032 Dismissed Soldiers (Dailytrust) / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by juman(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Yeah, it make sense.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2015
omooba969:

Wot u put up there shows dat u r one of those who argue blindly. Why wud u compare WWII to unconventional warfare such as d one going on in N.E of Nigeria? U probably wanna appear to knw stuff abt Nigerian Military Law...fuucck it.

U also mentioned dat PMB just politicised d army--for God's sake, r u outta ur mind? Dis is an issue of morality if u care to learn. Wots wrong in inspiring ur troops, lifting their spirit by showing dat u care abt dem & dat they r neva forgotten.

Look here son, itz neva healthy to be self-centered or narrow minded in ur views & dnt u ever suffocate ur conscience because of sentiment.

My 2kobo. cool

My conscience thank you is clear and my motives are apolitical for this particular argument

And since you claim to know your history very well which you've obviously given me reason to doubt, how was WWII strictly conventional? Are you suddenly pretending all the french, polish, ukrainian partisan forces armed and supplied by the anglo-americans or germans as the case may be didn't exist? Are you pretending they fought conventionally and not by hit and run, sabotage, attrition and whatever methods they could? How are they different from boko haram in tactics (not motives)

And,my sentiments if any at all are with the military as an institution not with its individual members, Jonathan's move against these soldiers was very unpopular even with me but it was the absolutely right move!!! How many desertions, mutinies, cases of cowardice did you hear of again since the previous administration prosecuted these recently ex-soldiers?

The reported case of boko haram attacks on the town of mubi sometime late last year or early this year comes to mind, the boko haram attackers numbered about 300 in all as against over 3,000 soldiers stationed in mubi, news of the boko haram advance on the town was all it took for the army to descend into a disorganised retreat while burning armoured tanks at the command of senior officers (so that it wouldn't fall into enemy hands) and shooting sporadically into the air for three days while retreating without firing a single shot at the insurgents who then took over the town without a fight!!! And you come here talking crock expecting me to applaud buhari for re-enlisting men like these back into the army? If you are a soldier at the frontline and have weathered the entire storm risking your life everyday from the very beginning without giving in to the urge to mutiny or flee and see these men being rewarded for doing the exact opposite at the very edge of complete victory, how would you feel?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by sainty2k3(m): 11:44am On Aug 21, 2015
Bollinger:

Oh God. Not another one. I need you to read this slowly. If.....you....had....bothered.....to....follow.....the....discussion.....you.....would.....have.....realised......that.....i.....responded.....to......a.....reference.....about......the.....two......presidents. Remember read it slowly. That's the only way a dullard. will understand.
Ur utterances stinks, u are not fit to comment in a forum like this
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

I know you've heard me but i seriously doubt you understand me so word of advice for you, don't ever join the military if you know am already enlisted because if peradventure am your C.O and you disobey my order, i would have you court martialled and executed CHIKENA!!!

YOU AINT THERE.

YOU ARE NOT CLOSE TO IT.

YOU ARE ONLY WISHING IF YOU WERE, BUT YOU ARE NOT.

IF I HAD WANTED TO BE IN THE MILITARY, IT WILL BE THROUGH SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION, MOST LIKELY NAF.

ANYWAY, THE LAW MUST ALSO READ WHETHER THE RECRUITS HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVING TOOLS TO DO THEIR JOB.

WHEN MY BOSS ASK ME TO DESIGN A FOUNDATION AND DETAIL IT,

HE WILL TELL ME THE CODE TO USE, MAKE RELEVANT SOFTWARE(ORION, RCD, STAADPRO, SACS, AUTOCAD ETC) AND HARDWARE (PCs) AVAILABLE.

SINCE YOU ARE BIG ENOUGH TO ONLY HEAR FROM YOUR BROTHER THE RULE WITHOUT YOU HAVING ACCESS TO THAT BOOK OF THE LAW, EITHER TO KNOW THE BASIC PROVISIONS OF THAT LAW AS IT RELATES TO THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT OF AN OFFICER,

BUT YOU KEPT QUOTING ONLY AN HEARSAY, I LEAVE YOU TO KEEP YOURSELF HAPPY.

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

My conscience thank you is clear and my motives are apolitical for this particular argument

And since you claim to know your history very well which you've obviously given me reason to doubt, how was WWII strictly conventional? Are you suddenly pretending all the french, polish, ukrainian partisan forces armed and supplied by the anglo-americans or germans as the case may be didn't exist? Are you pretending they fought conventionally and not by hit and run, sabotage, attrition and whatever methods they could? How are they different from boko haram in tactics (not motives)

And,my sentiments if any at all are with the military as an institution not with its individual members, Jonathan's move against these soldiers was very unpopular even with me but it was the absolutely right move!!! How many desertions, mutinies, cases of cowardice did you hear of again since the previous administration prosecuted these recently ex-soldiers?

The reported case of boko haram attacks on the town of mubi sometime late last year or early this year comes to mind, the boko haram attackers numbered about 300 in all as against over 3,000 soldiers stationed in mubi, news of the boko haram advance on the town was all it took for the army to descend into a disorganised retreat while burning armoured tanks at the command of senior officers (so that it wouldn't fall into enemy hands) and shooting sporadically into the air for three days while retreating without firing a single shot at the insurgents who then took over the town without a fight!!! And you come here talking crock expecting me to applaud buhari for re-enlisting men like these back into the army? If you are a soldier at the frontline and have weathered the entire storm risking your life everyday from the very beginning without giving in to the urge to mutiny or flee and see these men being rewarded for doing the exact opposite at the very edge of complete victory, how would you feel?

Bla bla bla, clap for ursef! grin U narrated everything frm d figments of ur imagination as though u were there @d frontline...wot an interesting account!

One thing u need to knw is dat wot happened in d 1940s was a war d reason itz referred to as WORLD WAR II. Wot we av in Nigerian is INSURGENCY which is a different ball game entirely.

Lastly, I dare u to put up a claim dat GEJ govt's not culpable in dis saga & I will begin to take u serious as to ur position on dis very matter. cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
omooba969:

Bla bla bla, clap for ursef! grin U narrated everything frm d figments of ur imagination as though u were there @d frontline...wot an interesting account!

One thing u need to knw is dat wot happened in d 1940s was a war d reason itz referred to as WORLD WAR II. Wot we av in Nigerian is INSURGENCY which is a different ball game entirely.

Lastly, I dare u to put up a claim dat GEJ govt's not culpable in dis saga & I will begin to take u serious as to ur position on dis very matter. cool

You see yourself

Reading is your bane!!

Go and read up on WWII before making ill informed comments about figments of whomever's imaginations not mine, I wasn't born then neither was my father mind you and as for your claim that it is a totally different ball game, are you making this assertion as to military tactics specifically I need to know to know how to reply you correctly

And yes, the GEJ administration was culpable in not taking this threat serious enough at the onset and for not taking the tribalisation of the army vis-a-vis divided loyalties serious enough too and getting to the end, the military as an institution was rudely awakened by the personal cost of having undedicated and disloyal servicemen which they sought to redress and the results of which was evident in the anti-insurgency war but your buhari would rather sh1t on this same institution by insinuating that the weeding out of tainted servicemen was not properly done in the first place because many of the affected personnel are from his tribal/religious affiliations.

And yes, the military institution will pay the price for this.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

YOU AINT THERE.

YOU ARE NOT CLOSE TO IT.

YOU ARE ONLY WISHING IF YOU WERE, BUT YOU ARE NOT.

IF I HAD WANTED TO BE IN THE MILITARY, IT WILL BE THROUGH SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION, MOST LIKELY NAF.

ANYWAY, THE LAW MUST ALSO READ WHETHER THE RECRUITS HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVING TOOLS TO DO THEIR JOB.

WHEN MY BOSS ASK ME TO DESIGN A FOUNDATION AND DETAIL IT,

HE WILL TELL ME THE CODE TO USE, MAKE RELEVANT SOFTWARE(ORION, RCD, STAADPRO, SACS, AUTOCAD ETC) AND HARDWARE (PCs) AVAILABLE.

SINCE YOU ARE BIG ENOUGH TO ONLY HEAR FROM YOUR BROTHER THE RULE WITHOUT YOU HAVING ACCESS TO THAT BOOK OF THE LAW, EITHER TO KNOW THE BASIC PROVISIONS OF THAT LAW AS IT RELATES TO THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT OF AN OFFICER,

BUT YOU KEPT QUOTING ONLY AN HEARSAY, I LEAVE YOU TO KEEP YOURSELF HAPPY.

I might not be there and like you, that's a choice I made but trust me there are many officers of the old guard who view current military practices, NDA graduates and cadets, level of discipline with disbelief and revulsion and also there must be a few young officers of similar views too so join all you may, but GOD forbid you fall under the command of one of these officers.............I wish you well!!!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

I might not be there and like you, that's a choice I made but trust me there are many officers of the old guard who view current military practices, NDA graduates and cadets, level of discipline with disbelief and revulsion and also there must be a few young officers of similar views too so join all you may, but GOD forbid you fall under the command of one of these officers.............I wish you well!!!

YOUR PROBLEM IS HEARSAY.

YOU HEARD THAN INDIANS FOOTBALL TEAM WALLOPED NIGERIAN TEAM 99-0.

THEN YOU GO SHARE IT.

WHEN A REASONABLE MAN ASK, OGA WHERE DID YOU GET THAT INFO?

YOU SMILED AND SAY, MY UNCLE TOLD ME.

I CAN NEVER ENROLLED INTO A MILITARY, BECAUSE ONLY THEIVES IN THERE LIVES BETTER THAN I DO NOW.

I HAVE A CAREER I AM SATISFIED WITH.

SO STOP FEARING FOR WHAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
[b][/b]
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

You see yourself

Reading is your bane!!

Go and read up on WWII before making ill informed comments about figments of whomever's imaginations not mine, I wasn't born then neither was my father mind you and as for your claim that it is a totally different ball game, are you making this assertion as to military tactics specifically I need to know to know how to reply you correctly

And yes, the GEJ administration was culpable in not taking this threat serious enough at the onset and for not taking the tribalisation of the army vis-a-vis divided loyalties serious enough too and getting to the end, the military as an institution was rudely awakened by the personal cost of having undedicated and disloyal servicemen which they sought to redress and the results of which was evident in the anti-insurgency war but your buhari would rather sh1t on this same institution by insinuating that the weeding out of tainted servicemen was not properly done in the first place because many of the affected personnel are from his tribal/religious affiliations.

And yes, the military institution will pay the price for this.

Gud to c dat u r beginning to use d word 'insurgency' as opposed to comparing it to WWII grin on d other hand, ur argument has no merit !

Check out dis words:- WAR & INSURGENCY then come bck here wit d difference & be courageous enuf to accept dat insurgency is a different ball game entirely. cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Litmus: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bad move because ultimately it smacks of desperation. It won't fool active minds into accepting this was a political move aimed at indirectly criticizing the former military authorities and president. This is because Buhari appears too smart and should know that the damage that this act does to the reputation of the Nigerian military as a sophisticated institution far outweighs any political capital gained. A more reasonable assumption would be a desperate army short of men and time to train and equip new recruits in which case highlighting the fact only encourages and benefits the enemy.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Litmus:
Bad move because ultimately it smacks of desperation. It won't fool active minds into accepting this was a political move aimed at indirectly criticizing the former military authorities and president. This is because Buhari appears too smart and should know that the damage that this act does to the reputation of the Nigerian military as a sophisticated institution far outweighs any political capital gained. A more reasonable assumption would be a desperate army short of men and time to train and equip new recruits in which case highlighting the fact only encourages and benefits the enemy.

YES BECAUSE IT WAS AN ARMY OF A POLITICAL PARTY, NOT NIGERIAN ARMY.

IT WAS AN ARMY http://newsrescue.com/armygate-finally-buhari-sacks-notorious-service-thieves/#axzz3jSKfN181.

IT WAS AN ARMY THAT COMPLAINS OF ILL-EQUIPMENT THOUGH THE BOKO HARAM BUDGET IS N 850 MILLION YEARLY SINCE 2010 TO 2015.

AN ARMY THAT IS STRONG ENOUGH TO SHIFT ELECTION DATE WITHOUT THE AWARENESS OF A SITTING PRESIDENT.

THAT ARMY IS A POLITICAL ARMY.

THAT IS THE DIVIDENDS OF HAVING EBELE AS LEADER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by freddaboh(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?

Just read what you just posted. Is it making any sense to you. Seriously, nairaland is full of kids recently. SMH.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

YOUR PROBLEM IS HEARSAY.

YOU HEARD THAN INDIANS FOOTBALL TEAM WALLOPED NIGERIAN TEAM 99-0.

THEN YOU GO SHARE IT.

WHEN A REASONABLE MAN ASK, OGA WHERE DID YOU GET THAT INFO?

YOU SMILED AND SAY, MY UNCLE TOLD ME.

I CAN NEVER ENROLLED INTO A MILITARY, BECAUSE ONLY THEIVES IN THERE LIVES BETTER THAN I DO NOW.

I HAVE A CAREER I AM SATISFIED WITH.

SO STOP FEARING FOR WHAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
[b][/b]

Think what you may, it wouldn't change what is or what should be
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Seadove70(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
So they are trying to say lack of equipment Again, Those soldiers they are illegal one remove them and replace those who are competent. Change has come bt what dose people collecting salaries for?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
omooba969:

Gud to c dat u r beginning to use d word 'insurgency' as opposed to comparing it to WWII grin on d other hand, ur argument has no merit !

Check out dis words:- WAR & INSURGENCY then come bck here wit d difference & be courageous enuf to accept dat insurgency is a different ball game entirely. cool

If differentiating war and insurgency is your achievement, congrats!!!! And i have been trying and failing to educate you that in WWII the conventional war took place alongside what you'll like to call the "insurgency" inasmuch as you believe that unless both sides wear recognised uniforms the war isn't conventional, WWII was multi-faceted but you'll rather have people believe that it was a straight out battle between countries. Also, you haven't disproved anything at all as to the codes of conduct of a professional military like Nigeria's own vis-a-vis the pitfalls of politicisation of their internal discipline enforcing mechanisms and i challenge you to objectively tell me that buhari has not opened a pandora's box through this action of recalling these servicemen/women!!
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

If differentiating war and insurgency is your achievement, congrats!!!! But you haven't disproved anything at all as to the codes of conduct of a professional military like Nigeria's own vis-a-vis the pitfalls of politicisation of their internal discipline enforcing mechanisms and i challenge you to objectively tell me that buhari has not opened a pandora's box through this action!!

THIS YOUR HIGHLIGHTED BOX HAD BEEN OPENED BEFORE BUHARI WAS ELECTED.

WHEN 850 MILLION NAIRA WAS SPENT TO FIGHT BOKO HARAM YEARLY SINCE 2010, YET OUR MEN ARE TURNING THEIR BACK IN THE DAYS OF BATTLE BECAUSE A 15 YEAR OLD BOKO HARAM SOLDIER IS 10 TIMES EQUIPPED MORE THAN A NIGERIAN PDP'S ARMY.

PLEASE STOP DECIEVING YOURSELF.

THE POLITICIANS AND BIG BELLIED ARMY CHIEFS CUM POLITICIANS WHO STOLE THE MONEY(850X4=3.4 TRILLION NAIRA BETWEEN 2010 AND 2014) BUDGETTED FOR WELFARE AND RE-EQUIPPING OF COMBATANTS IN WAR FRONT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SAMBISA WITH SWORDS ONLY.

THEN WE CAN KNOW THEY, ALEX BADEH, MINIMAH, AMOSUN, AND THE FOURTH ARE HEROES THAT DESERVED BEING A GENERAL IF THEY CAN CONQUER BOKO HARAM WITH SWORDS JUST LIKE DAVID TO GOLIATH IN THE DAYS OF OLD.

THEY STOLE MONEY AND SAY THE POOR GUYS SHOULD DIE LIKE FOWL. BE TRUTHFUL TO YOURSELF.

OR MAY BE, YOUR BOOK OF THE LAW, PERMITS GENERAL TO STEAL, TO KILL AND TO DESTROY.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

THIS YOU HIGHLIGHTED BOX HAD BEEN OPENED BEFORE BUHARI WAS ELECTED.

WHEN 850 MILLION NAIRA WAS SPENT TO FIGHT BOKO HARAM YEARLY SINCE 2010, YET OUR MEN ARE TURNING THEIR BACK IN THE DAYS OF BATTLE BECAUSE A 15 YEAR OLD BOKO HARAM SOLDIER IS 10 TIMES EQUIPPED MORE THAN A NIGERIAN PDP'S ARMY.

PLEASE STOP DECIEVING YOURSELF.

THE POLITICIANS AND BIG BELLIED ARMY CHIEFS CUM POLITICIANS WHO STOLE THE MONEY(850X4=3.4 TRILLION NAIRA BETWEEN 2010 AND 2014) BUDGETTED FOR WELFARE AND RE-EQUIPPING OF COMBATANTS IN WAR FRONT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SAMBISA SWORDS ONLY.

THEN WE CAN KNOW THEY, ALEX BADEH, MINIMAH, AMOSUN, AND THE FOURTH ARE HEROES THAT DESERVED BEING A GENERAL.

THEY STOLE MONEY AND SAY THE POOR GUYS SHOULD DIE LIKE FOWL. BE TRUTHFUL TO YOURSELF.

OR MAY BE, YOUR BOOK OF THE LAW, PERMITS GENERAL TO STEAL, TO KILL AND TO DESTROY.

So it wasn't the Nigerian army abi?

So it was PDP's army?

Whose army is it now?

And where is your proof that there was a single soldier who didn't have the basic assault rifle and close combat knife/dagger required for an infantryman?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

So it wasn't the Nigerian army abi?

So it was PDP's army?

Whose army is it now?

And where is your proof that there was a single soldier who didn't have the basic [b]assault rifle and close combat knife/dagger [/b]required for an infantryman?

WHERE IS YOUR OWN PROOF THAT THEY ALL HAD THEM?

OR ARE YOU AN SUBJECT OF ASSUMPTIONS?

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by ModiKen(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yujin:
Buhari doing all he can to tarnish GEJ's legacy. If in doubt ask yourself what is buhari's motive for recalling them suddenly?

If your brother was one of those sentensed to death, you won't be spewing this rubbish.

So GEJ's legacy is more important than the lives of soldiers sent to the war front with outdated weapons

1 Like

Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by freshr4real(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please what those that are still in prison at Lagos
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

If differentiating war and insurgency is your achievement, congrats!!!! And i have been trying and failing to educate you that in WWII the conventional war took place alongside what you'll like to call the "insurgency" inasmuch as you believe that unless both sides wear recognised uniforms the war isn't conventional, WWII was multi-faceted but you'll rather have people believe that it was a straight out battle between countries. Also, you haven't disproved anything at all as to the codes of conduct of a professional military like Nigeria's own vis-a-vis the pitfalls of politicisation of their internal discipline enforcing mechanisms and i challenge you to objectively tell me that buhari has not opened a pandora's box through this action of recalling these servicemen/women!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy u amuse me u dis boy, seriously u do. grin 'must be dat u r just full of words @ur disposal or u r struggling to make ur point.

Look hear son, during WWII there was a common enemy ”Hitler & his crew” & d war was better understood. There were war-front & battle fields, obviously there were also fightings in d streets, towns & cities wen d germans invaded. Some countries did not even put up any form of resistance despite knowing dat invaders were coming e.g czechoslovakia.
So wen it was declared dat d war had ended, it indeed ended.

Our galant soldiers r not @war wit a regular army but a monster( terrorism ) wit many tentacles of which boko menace is one of dem, therefore a different approach is required.
FYI no country can declare an end to war on terrorism--FACT!

Bck to d subject, u nw deem it fit to launch @our dear soldiers who put their lives on d line so dat YOU & I can live in peace in our homes. U shud rather direct ur misguided anger @d mastur.bating generals who feed fat on d army's resources, farting in their offices in abuja while dis said soldiers were made to face boko boiz wit inadequate military hardware. At some point, d soldiers even lacked d will to fight; dat means there's problem wit d leadership.

So guy, plz pocket ur sentiment cum ignorance & give love a chance in ur heart. cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

WHERE IS YOUR OWN PROOF THAT THEY ALL HAD THEM?

OR ARE YOU AN SUBJECT OF ASSUMPTIONS?

You are the one so certain that they only have pestles and chopsticks to fight with so prove it ........... Or are you just full of assumptions yourself?
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
omooba969:

cheesy cheesy cheesy u amuse me u dis boy, seriously u do. grin 'must be dat u r just full of words @ur disposal or u r struggling to make ur point.

Look hear son, during WWII there was a common enemy ”Hitler & his crew” & d war was better understood. There were war-front & battle fields, obviously there were also fightings in d streets, towns & cities wen d germans invaded. Some countries did not even put up any form of resistance despite knowing dat invaders were coming e.g czechoslovakia.
So wen it was declared dat d war had ended, it indeed ended.

Our galant soldiers r not @war wit a regular army but a monster( terrorism ) wit many tentacles of which boko menace is one of dem, therefore a different approach is required.
FYI no country can declare an end to war on terrorism--FACT!

Bck to d subject, u nw deem it fit to launch @our dear soldiers who put their lives on d line so dat YOU & I can live in peace in our homes. U shud rather direct ur misguided anger @d mastur.bating generals who feed fat on d army's resources, farting in their offices in abuja while dis said soldiers were made to face boko boiz wit inadequate military hardware. At some point, d soldiers even lacked d will to fight; dat means there's problem wit d leadership.

So guy, plz pocket ur sentiment cum ignorance & give love a chance in ur heart. cool

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! gringringrin

Am tempted to school you in history but a little research won't kill you, besides, its good for your brain. It was Hitler and his crew vs the rest of the world then abi!!! How simple, cut and dry for you it is then......just google WWII partisans and then come back and tell me if boko haram tactics of hit and run, attrition, occupation are anything new in modern warfare lols, you know so little yet make claims to knowing so much cheesy after educating yourself, come back and tell me how strictly conventional WWII was

So according to you, no country can declare an end to war against terrorism right? undecided well, that's news to me but when did you get this revelation? Don't tell me it was post GEJ now? If it was, what then were your expectations of GEJ as president? Are they different from your expectations from buhari as president as regards boko haram? If so, why? Nevertheless Buhari must declare and end to the war on boko haram as per his campaign promises and that's the only outcome acceptable afterall he vanquished a not so different maitatsine insurgency in the 80's didn't he grin?

Still on the subject, the soldiers whose recall am against didn't put their lives on the line when asked to instead they found numerous convenient reasons not to and i would consider it a grave insult to the soldiers who continued fighting despite any assumed or apparent inconveniences and even dying in the process to put these cowards, mutineers, traitors, fifth columnists on the same pedestal with them. Also except you don't know how to read and understand what i have been trying to say since don't come here claiming am not appreciating their efforts and sacrifice, and except it was the military who recalled these soldiers back, the president has destroyed military moral (the same moral you claim to be advocating for) and discipline in the army by recalling these men with stained records, the president is in other words saying the same institution that has found them wanting in quality of service rendered should accept them back because he knows better afterall why should i be loyal and follow orders if i can just mutiny and wait it out for a favourable government to recall me?

And since inadequate military hardware has become your favourite jingle, please tell me, what constitutes adequate military hardware for an infantryman?

And what will constitute adequate hardware should we be fighting against vastly superior militaries like the U.S, china and russia? Seeing as we will never be adequately equipped enough against such adversaries i guess mass resignations, mutiny and desertions would be acceptable going by your logic

And i guess those that didn't stop fighting from the beginning till now had a different leadership abi?

You call me sentimental and ignorant without even looking at yourself in the mirror first undecided
Shame on you for that
And am sorry and sad for both you and many other Nigerians if you can't see the many pitfalls this act by buhari has created that the military wouldn't stop regretting.

And don't call me boy or son again, you don't know me well enough at all to make any assertions as to my age cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! gringringrin

Am tempted to school you in history but a little research won't kill you, besides, its good for your brain. It was Hitler and his crew vs the rest of the world then abi!!! How simple, cut and dry for you it is then......just google WWII partisans and then come back and tell me if boko haram tactics of hit and run, attrition, occupation are anything new in modern warfare lols, you know so little yet make claims to knowing so much cheesy after educating yourself, come back and tell me how strictly conventional WWII was

So according to you, no country can declare an end to war against terrorism right? undecided well, that's news to me but when did you get this revelation? Don't tell me it was post GEJ now? If it was, what then were your expectations of GEJ as president? Are they different from your expectations from buhari as president as regards boko haram? If so, why? Nevertheless Buhari must declare and end to the war on boko haram as per his campaign promises and that's the only outcome acceptable afterall he vanquished a not so different maitatsine insurgency in the 80's didn't he grin?

Still on the subject, the soldiers whose recall am against didn't put their lives on the line when asked to instead they found numerous convenient reasons not to and i would consider it a grave insult to the soldiers who continued fighting despite any assumed or apparent inconveniences and even dying in the process to put these cowards, mutineers, traitors, fifth columnists on the same pedestal with them. Also except you don't know how to read and understand what i have been trying to say since don't come here claiming am not appreciating their efforts and sacrifice, and except it was the military who recalled these soldiers back, the president has destroyed military moral (the same moral you claim to be advocating for) and discipline in the army by recalling these men with stained records, the president is in other words saying the same institution that has found them wanting in quality of service rendered should accept them back because he knows better afterall why should i be loyal and follow orders if i can just mutiny and wait it out for a favourable government to recall me?

And since inadequate military hardware has become your favourite jingle, please tell me, what constitutes adequate military hardware for an infantryman?

And what will constitute adequate hardware should we be fighting against vastly superior militaries like the U.S, china and russia? Seeing as we will never be adequately equipped enough against such adversaries i guess mass resignations, mutiny and desertions would be acceptable going by your logic

And i guess those that didn't stop fighting from the beginning till now had a different leadership abi?

You call me sentimental and ignorant without even looking at yourself in the mirror first undecided
Shame on you for that
And am sorry and sad for both you and many other Nigerians if you can't see the many pitfalls this act by buhari has created that the military wouldn't stop regretting.

And don't call me boy or son again, you don't know me well enough at all to make any assertions as to my age cool

U still amuse me u dis boy. Too many words but yet u neva make sense. cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
omooba969:

U still amuse me u dis boy. Too many words but yet u neva make sense. cool

Not until you know how to read and understand boy cool
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by omooba969(m): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
BraniacX:

Not until you know how to read and understand boy cool

Nutcase. grin
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2015
omooba969:

Nutcase. grin

Dumbo cheesy

Just admit that the questions i raised for you to answer using your own logic are too difficult for you to answer with a straight face gringringringrin

And that is the dilemma of follow follow supporters like you
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2015
BraniacX:

You are the one so certain that they only have pestles and chopsticks to fight with so prove it ........... Or are you just full of assumptions yourself?

These illegally convicted men (many from middle belts, south east and south west) confessed they were ill-equipped in 2014, and so declined to go on a suicide mission. Minimah in July 2015 after his sack, confessed that he inherited an army that is ill -eqquiped and ill-motivated (remember minimah was appointed COAS in 2014).
Alex badeh corroborated this but added that they are leaving behind a better army.
Despite the wasted > 3.5 trillion naira since 2010, they possited ills of non-motivated army.
Don't you think that Minimah and the wise soldiers said the truth? The reality?
You may accept that the army are truly better equipped now but not then.
At least we know they came alive prior to election because c-in-c wants to prove a point (February 2015, the first time our army are on the offensive against book haram). A prove that they were ill-equipped or ill-motivated or both prior to pre-election offensives.

Pls, let People stop decieving people (PDP).
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Olaolufred:

These illegally convicted men (many from middle belts, south east and south west) confessed they were ill-equipped in 2014, and so declined to go on a suicide mission. Minimah in July 2015 aftey his sack, confessed that he inherited an army that is ill -eqquiped and ill-motivated.
Alex badeh corroborated this but that they are leaving behind a better army.
Despite the wasted > 3.5 trillion naira since 2010, they possited ills of non-motivated army.
Where comes your tales that they are the most equipped army ever. PDP. People decieving people.

Story for the gods

What constitutes the minimal adequate weaponry for an infantryman/woman?

When did this alleged rot and decay in our military infrastructure start? Was it when GEJ became president? Or was it when PDP came to power?

And when a soldier disobeys an order to fight and is convicted for it, how is it illegal?

When did i say they were the most equipped army ever? I say and i maintain that they all had the minimum adequate weaponry for an infantryman/woman and am waiting for you to prove me wrong.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2015
BraniacX:

Story for the gods

What constitutes the minimal adequate weaponry for an infantryman/woman?

When did this alleged rot and decay in our military infrastructure start? Was it when GEJ became president? Or was it when PDP came to power?

And when a soldier disobeys an order to fight and is convicted for it, how is it illegal?

When did i say they were the most equipped army ever? I say and i maintain that they all had the minimum adequate weaponry for an infantryman/woman and am waiting for you to prove me wrong.

When these soldiers are fully restored for injustice metted on them by an unconcerned and corrupt leaders,
I know you will be unhappy, you may just relocate out of Nigeria to protest this or simply do the needful.

Wailing wailer over to you.
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by BraniacX(m): 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Olaolufred:

When these soldiers are fully restored for injustice metted on them by an unconcerned and corrupt leaders,
I know you will be unhappy, you may just relocate out of Nigeria to protest this or simply do the needful.

Wailing wailer over to you.

When confronted with relevant and poignant questions pertaining to important issues to which you know you can never fathom a logical answer to, you APC apologists scream !!WAILER!! !!WAILER!! And somehow hope nobody will notice that you are bereft of ideas and answers to those questions

SMH for all of you.........I know you're trying to dodge answering the questions i asked but i won't fall for your ruse!! Answer the questions i asked you!!! angry

Your president truly is a reflection of all of you who voted him..................#veryveryconfused!! undecided
Re: Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) by Olaolufred(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
BraniacX:

When confronted with relevant and poignant questions pertaining to important issues to which you know you can never fathom a logical answer to, you APC apologists scream !!WAILER!! !!WAILER!! And somehow hope nobody will notice that you are bereft of ideas and answers to those questions

SMH for all of you.........I know you're trying to dodge answering the questions i asked but i won't fall for your ruse!! Answer the questions i asked you!!! angry

Your president truly is a reflection of all of you who voted him..................#veryveryconfused!! undecided

The pain of how we booted out of aso rock clueless generation is at work.
It is better for you to be wailing than for cluelessness to continue in aso rock. Cluelesness is written all over your wailing on this thread.
I say bye bye to clueless clan.
Never again will Nigeria stoop this low again.
Au revoire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / Supporters Flood Peter Obi’s Oyo Campaign Rally (Pictures) / 2019: PDP Begins Sale Of Nomination Forms (cost Of Forms)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.