Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? (54558 Views)

"She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Forever going to be like page 404 puzzle to ur encephalon..#GoogleCantHelpU

You have named it google? Awww damn!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Bottom line, is that marriage can easily be annulled since it was fraudulently entered into by one of the parties while real marriage involves two consenting participants in GOOD FAITH

Refer to the nearest post.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Don't mind them!! Same followers that supported Chris and now telling him that divorce is unGodly.
I AM TELLING YOU. NIGERIAN IS JUST FULL OF HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

You have named it google? Awww damn!
Seems like a puzzle to u..Take a crack at it, sweetheart
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
This too bad but 4give her & move on with ur marriage. u can seek treatment from fertility clinics 4 her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by melodies: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
My opinion or that ofany other person does not have to tally with yours; that's why its called opinion in d first place.

If you've never told a lie in your entire life, then continue with your judgement of that woman. Smh

kunlejazz:

Smh...
Bros, i don't know what to say you. You have said all of these but have refused to address the crux of the matter; the fact that she lied. Or don't you see that as an issue?
Yes, forgiveness is key i know but this isn't lying about how many boyfriends she's had. This is a lethal lie!

You know the craziest thing?
SHE WOULD PROBABLY NEVER HAVE CONFESSED IF CHILDBEARING HAD NOT BECOME AN ISSUE!
Think about that. You live all your life, married to someone and go to your grave a fool...

@OP
I feel your pain and I also say you forgive her as that is no debatable, but not without making her realize the degree of damage she'd done.

Adopt children and move on. I'm really sorry for you.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by whao: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
nonjebose:
Did you read where he said that the wife had one miscarriage and one stillbirth? He is not impotent!

My brother, don't be too certain that pregnancy(miscarriage) belong to him. The woman prove she can take in, since she took in and had a miscarriage! But how sure are we that the pregnancy belong to him?

Now you can see reason why I say he need to undergo fertility test.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by jpphilips(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2015
kikelomojessy:
OP, I know it hurts cos the age differnce is to much. But let's see it dis way, if you happened to be the one seeking her forgiveness wudnt u want her to forgive u so that both of u can continue as before.

I tink she must hav been a very beautiful woman for her age not to had shown (late 50's ). And u neva bother to know how her feminine side was doin ( irregula menstral period etc)

My advice wud be that u sit down with her and talk tins out, u can adopt (its not always bad to adopt, afterall is not all parent dat is proud to call dir biological kids dir own) or wait and seek God face. He alone gives children.

I hav witness a virgin lady that got married and didn't hav a child till after 7yrs. And hav seen older women givng births like Hebrew women.
There some situations where men take out a second wife or mistress to bare a child but the child did not live long enuf to bless his parents.

Pls Go down on ur kneels and ask God for direction. Pray with ur wife and wat ever decision both of u decides on will be the best.

You said she is a wife material and u love her. So do Wats best.

Lol
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by jpphilips(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2015
Princewell2012:
Yes, what your wife did was wrong since you have confess she is a virtuous woman, then forgive her and move on with your marriage. I don't advice you to look for another woman that could be very dangerous. I don't know if you get what i mean? So pls don't go there. Therefore i advice you to go for adoption, you can go to a distance place and adopt as much as you can, then while at it still waiting for your wife, you don't know what can do. So many have testify to this. Because of our eagerness to have a child of our own, has made our wives to sleep with pastor, alfa, and native doctors in order to satisfy their husbands. And you ended up carrying another mans child. The devil has use it to destroy many homes. thats why we have bad boys and girls around this days. But when you adopt a baby anywhere, then the hands of the Lord we be with you because of the baby and he will surely bless your marriage abundantly. Pastors we never tell these. And you and your loving wife will live peacefully, joyfully and God may decided to see your faithfulness and blesses you with one. What i have just told you is a secret, that only the wise can understand. forget about weather you are Africa or not. am also a minister of God. gnwaneri@ymail.co

What choice do you think she has if not to be virtous at that age?
Wouldnt it be better you define "virtous' in your own words?
Never mind that the virtous woman lied about the most important thing in her marriage.
It really bafffles me when I hear people think that God has no good reason to have bestowed on us "common sense". Perhaps we should run to God for everything.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by iguita: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Marriage is about two people planning to spend the rest of their lives together. And in that process, things will go wrong. What you like as a woman will be different from what I like as a man. She lied to him and told him her football age, is that not better than a lady who had aborted all her womb? What if she delivered 5 children before confessing to him, will you still ask him to send her out? Children are the fruits of a marriage but a marriage is not all about having kids. For the guy to ask (moreso he mentioned it), he loves his wife and he wants to remain with her, he is simply hurt by the lie she told. Abeg I think he should forgive her o jare....
hamzeiy:
people are funny...do you know you are talking about a man,s life.....?. what sort of Godforsaken love that will make you marry an over age woman that has reached menopause knowing fully well she might never have a child...it like youre bringing doom upon your self and expecting God to help you..am not saying he should divorce the woman..but he neef to marry another that would bear him kids...God created us to multiply pls

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by seedgrows(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

You were sincere in your analysis. Some of the people telling the op to forgive and forget are just being emotional and religeous. If you throw a search light into most of the relationships they have found themselves in. It might surprise you what made them leave such relationships; the reasons which might not be as serious as this one. They especially the ladies, are quick as usual to ask the op if 'he has not lied before?' 'He would have done worse if he was in shoes'. The question I want to ask such women here on NL is what if a man knows very well and has confirmed medically that he is importent but tricked you into marrying him, would you still remember the world forgiveness? Will you remember any thing about and mortgage your life time joy under the guise of miracles? I see grave and life threatening lies in the faces of most NLs who have typed their comments here. You can't be better than or different from what you support or justify.
lovely forgiveness has to do with u as a person if the op knowns wat he want he should go for it

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by charlsecy(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
pappilo:
She is 43 not 47
The OP said, "Four years ago at 35, I married my wife, who I thought was 35." If the OP was 35 years 4 years ago, it means the OP is 39 today. Since the wife 8 years older, she is 47 today.

ify84:
Children will come naturally
Emasel:
There is no way a woman will be 8 years older than you and won't know, no matter how beautiful she is.
Not necessarily...

FannySwindler:
Is it because there is no child now that you now consider her old and all of a sudden her beauty you attested to has disappeared.
It is her old age that has set up a stumbling block to her pregnancy. Her lie have very serious implications.

eph12:
Let's hear her own side of the story before we talk our own side of the story.
Just assume the OP is on point and advice accordingly.

Abugab:
If you love her as you said stick with her. Forgive her from the dept of your heart and show this to her so that she will be relaxed. Due to her age she doesn't need to be under any tension so she can conceive and give birth without any issue.
What if she doesn't have children eventually?

melodies:
If the tables were turned and you were the one needing forgiveness and a listening ear, would you ask these questions? You r not the first man with an older wife in Africa!
It is not about having an older wife, but the lies and its implications for childlessness.

mechanics:
Sir, since she has told u d truth....
She had no choice. That is not what telling the truth means..
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by standingtall(f): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
I think it was really selfish of your wife to deceive you like that. all she wanted was a husband. forgive her, but do yourself a favour by having a child with someone else or re marry. everyone deserves to be happy.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by mechanics(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2015
charlsecy:

The OP said, "Four years ago at 35, I married my wife, who I thought was 35." If the OP was 35 years 4 years ago, it means the OP is 39 today. Since the wife 8 years older, she is 47 today.

Not necessarily...

It is her old age that has set up a stumbling block to her pregnancy. Her lie have very serious implications.

Just assume the OP is on point and advice accordingly.

What if she doesn't have children eventually?

It is not about having an older wife, but the lies and its implications for childlessness.

She had no choice. That is not what telling the truth means..
hahaha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures / Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.