Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43565 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Vecto(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
sammhi:

you dont understand the scriptures.!
Jesus sacrificed his human body..the one he came with through Mary but he was raised up in a spirit body.
More like you loose your job because you sacrificed your time to save your sister but you got another job far greater than the one you lost .
Hence he could ascend to heaven in the spirit body . if you read the bible you will know that Angels visited Lot and Abraham in a body visible to human, even Mary was visited by Angel Gabriel in flesh but not as a human... those bodies the angels put on are not really human body of flesh and blood....but spirit bodies visible to humans....hence after their message , they become invisible ....and go back to heaven
Jesus came in pure human flesh and that was the body sacrificed but raised up in spirit body hence he can assume a body you can see as if human ( same like the angels does )if he wants to ....

This is a logical deduction but its flawed on a closer analysis. Please explain Psalm 49:7 which emphatically states flesh cannot redeem flesh. Howfo you reconcile that with your assertion that it was only the human flesh that tasted death and NOT.HIS DIVINE NATURE?

BTW, all that scripture shows is that Jesus sacrificed his flesh, but continued as a conscious being so that he could raise up three days later. That shows he didn't die.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Analysiscorner: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

Get ur fact correct sir. I said "Jesus is God in form of man"j

You don't have to argue with them, Bro. if Jesus own remedy isn't working for them, let them find their own remedies
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
lepasharon:
Its funny how Jesus flies into heaven never to be seen again, leaving behind no evidence whatsoever for these magical miracles.

The muslim story is just the same, some guy called mohammed was sitting alone in a cave then angel Gabriel appeared to him and recited the words that became the koran for 23 FVCKING YEARS !

Again no evidence whatsoever for this magical encounter, just mohammeds word.

Just like the card game, I am calling BULLSHIIT.
what is your own belief? Big bang theory? Theory of evolution? What really keeps you going, I wanna know

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?

This is rationality at it's finest!

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Allosaurus: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
kestolove95:
I saw jesus at viewing centr last nyt in nnsuka
The same way I saw Mohammed raping Chibok girls in Sambisa. shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by xdos(m): 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Beautiful piece.. I was about typing that. Thank you!
CANTICLES:
The question is solved , ONCE you realize that Jesus is the high priest of the New Covenant . ( Hebrews 8:1 )

In ancient Isreal , the sacrifice is not completed until the high priest enter into the Most Holy place with the blood of the sacrificed animals .

thats a shadow of what Christ will do .

This Requires That For the sacrifice of Christ to be completed and accepted , he must rise and enter into the heavens on our behalf . Hey ! Dont forget he is the high priest of this new covenant .

" However when Christ came as a high priest .. He entered into the holy place , not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us"
- Heb 9:11,12, 24 .
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by adebalo: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
If Jesus did not die and rise again that could have been the end for all human. but he died and he rose again that gives me hope that when i die i will rise again when he comes back as he has promised.

Thank you Jesus!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

It doesn't make perfect sense to Christians. If it did, they wouldn't need faith.

Faith is totally different.

As you cannot prove that God exists or that he does not exist both positions require faith (OBVIOUSLY).

Only agnosticism requires no faith.

That such basic errors are made is sad and shows how some people dont even THINK.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

There are many explanations of the Christian belief in the Trinity but non believers dont want to understand them. We already know you dont believe and you know ee do so why are you wasting our time? It is quite infantile and merely exemplifies bigoted Christian baiting to cause an argument.
This is what they all say when they get stuck and confused. The contradictions are right there and plain to see, but you choose not to ask questions.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lmao...!!!

Why believe in a god that can die..? That means he can be killed... Instead of him ressurecting and showing himself to a hand full of HIS CREW before ascending.
He should have visited the people that mastermind his beatings, and walked the streets where everyone saw him crying like a little bitcch 3 days prior.

His death put fear in your heart.... Tell me, why do you battle satan and his crew if you're not afraid of death. Stop decieving yourself...

Meanwhile, your guy jesus was a hippie in his time. He fuvked with the ruling class of his time. They set him up and nailed his azz to a cross like other common criminal... The died just like the two thieves. Finito!!!
you know... All you need is just a miracle from God, just keep your heart open... B4 you die, he will give you a reason to see how wrong you have been. Trust me, that's how he rolls.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
manny4life:

And the same God that gave Isaac to Sarah (defying ALL biological odds) would have resurrected him but instead, God wanted to test Abraham's obedience and faithfulness. This is why Abraham was a "friend" of God.

That evil demonic entity called GOD is not your creator

Your ancestors already gave you a name for your creator
His name is not GOD!!!!!!!

if you know the true meaning of what that word and entity GOD entails you all will realy feel sorry for your selves!!

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by curvilicious: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
This op na confusionist, u want d pple to start argueing. I thnk God say christianity no be religion of war. If not axe, cutlass, gun nd bomb blast 4 don full this page. Hallelujah Christ arose!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

As you cannot prove that God exists or that he does not exist both positions require faith (OBVIOUSLY).
You need faith to prove that there is no apple on this table? undecided

[img]http://2.bp..com/_TytwmBW-m-U/TOuegfCv80I/AAAAAAAAAyM/4kuQuwMpjgI/s400/empty-table.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by 081Gabriel: 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
You have asked the most foolish question in time ever. Remember the word of God says, you will give account for every idle word you say or write on the judgement day
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sammhi(m): 7:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Something he said "Father forgive them"... But practically you say he is God Almighty in the flesh right? So was he like, speaking to himself in the 3rd party, and calling himself his own father? Religion shouldn't be hard to break down, because this is highly contradictory. They say Jesus is the Son of God, but wait... He is also God... Sorry, wait again, he is also the Holy Ghost.

God is a Spirit being, a Supreme being, He everything, He is everywhere, but he isn't a son of man. Son of man is the term Jesus used to describe himself, he never said the Son of God. Even the Bible scholars couldn't tamper with that part of the Bible.
JEsus is not God Almighty. he said it himself..he is the son...so to an extent ..He is God too..to illustrate a big company will most times have the position GMD(group managing Director) but there is also MD ...the Md is under the GMD
Jesus is an MD but God is GMD ...maybe this simple illustration will assist in helping you know the difference..
God handed over the world to Jesus to rule ..to take it from Devil who has ruined the world ..so to us He is our God but not the Almighty ...
we call on his name and prayed throu him ...he has become the King and ruler of mankind ! God gave him those positions
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Vecto(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
sammhi:

Again , lack of fundamental biblical understanding.....the snake shed its skin..but it wil remain a snake
Don't limit God ...Jesus is part of God, hence use of phrase like son and father ....your son is an integral part of you...
Jesus came to the earth with full human body of flesh and blood...that body is what died....not his life ..his life did not die...so it was like shedding the human aspect to get back his spirit body
Jesus was in heaven before he came to earth.In heaven, he had a spirit body , but he assumed the human body in order to be like us ..after the killing and death of that human body, he took back his original spirit body. simple.!
if you open your mind , you will understand these things clear...

Actually I do understand these things very well...Thanks to my constant bible study hobby...

Let's correct your errors.

Firstly, I’m not limiting God. The snake shedding of it's skin is a very poor analogy. No trinitarian believes any persons of the God-head changes their nature with time. Most trinitarians believe God does not change. The bible is very clear on that as well.

Secondly, your claim that Jesus is “a part” of God is an alien teaching to the trinity dogma. The trinity teaches each persons of the God are each fully, distinctly God in one God-Head. So your assertion that he is part of God is wrong. Sorry.

BTW, what I am saying is that sacrificing a fleshy part of you while your divinity never died means that you, as a being, never truly died, this making the sacrifice useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by barcaboi(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
His death was the sacrifice; the humiliation, agony, beating et al and his resurrection was the defeat over death, over satan, over destruction and sin.....He defiled all odds not because he needed to brag but because only he could. .....remember when he asked God to 'let the cup pass over him'....even Jesus knew how difficult it is to lose one's life and then people doubt him like this post suggest.....death was a symbol of destruction and final destination, he overcame it by rising and that's why we try to live right and aim for something higher

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Allosaurus: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
lepasharon:

Dickhead, where is the evidence for Jesus' miracles. Surely these magical miracles should have more evidence than the pages of the Bible.
How did you know someone like Williams Shakespeare ever existed...your grandfather told you they were classmates?

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

This is what they all say when they get stuck and confused. The contradictions are right there and plain to see, but you choose not to ask questions.

And you chose not to listen to the answers! You are a rather sad religous bigot!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Vecto:

This is a logical deduction but its flawed on a closer analysis. Please explain Psalm 49:7 which emphatically states flesh cannot redeem flesh. Howfo you reconcile that with your assertion that it was only the human flesh that tasted death and NOT.HIS DIVINE NATURE?

BTW, all that scripture shows is that Jesus sacrificed his flesh, but continued as a conscious being so that he could raise up three days later. That shows he didn't die.

Stop reading that evil book called BIBLE as well as it other affiliates (eg: koran)

They are the portals through which your enemies aim to make you use to eventally meet your destruction!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by victorazy(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Analysiscorner:

You don't have to argue with them, Bro. if Jesus own remedy isn't working for them, let them find their own remedies

Yes I understand u brother, but we don't have to cuz that's why we're knowledgeable and highly spiritual than them. Remember, this day can be used against you in the court of law that u could have saved souls but u didn't put much effort to convince them.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by esonuu(m): 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mehn,devil has really won many souls to himself
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Raziii:
you know... All you need is just a miracle from God, just keep your heart open... B4 you die, he will give you a reason to see how wrong you have been. Trust me, that's how he rolls.

Na by force to receive miracles...!? To hell with how he rolls. You're the closed minded one here. Why don't you open your mind to prophet muhammad. I hope before you die you will receive his message.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Vecto(m): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
sammhi:

JEsus is not God Almighty. he said it himself..he is the son...so to an extent ..He is God too..to illustrate a big company will most times have the position GMD(group managing Director) but there is also MD ...the Md is under the GMD
Jesus is an MD but God is GMD ...maybe this simple illustration will assist in helping you know the difference..
God handed over the world to Jesus to rule ..to take it from Devil who has ruined the world ..so to us He is our God but not the Almighty ...
we call on his name and prayed throu him ...he has become the King and ruler of mankind ! God gave him those positions

Now this is weird...

Jesus is NOT God Almighty but to an extent he is God? wink

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Met a guy, he doesn't believe in God and creation. What do you believe in then, he said evolution. Ok who propounded the theory of evolution, he has got no clue, ok state Darwin's theories of evolution, no idea. Isn't that ridiculous? That's how most of them here also are. They have no idea about the theory that guides what they believe. Still waiting for that guys who said prayers are answered by consciousness to explain further.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ibolt4m(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus was a perfect human on earth, d sacrifice was made possible with his prefect body,...he Neva sins...he wasn't suppose to die,...remember wen Adam was perfect, he was more powerful than death itself.....am not a pastor thou,but I believe wat we all lost was our perfect human race,which means we can't die....so jesus was able to mk it possible for us with his perfection grin
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by inri: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
HE LOST HIS DIGNITY. HE LOST HIS PRIDE & PRESTIGE AS A SPIRIT BEING. HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO THE SLAUGHTER YET HE COMPLAINED NOT. HE WAS TORTURED OPENLY AND MADE MOCKERY OF JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU & I ARE NOT PUT TO SHAME. HE DIED THAT HE MIGHT SAVE YOU. HE ROSE FROM THE DIED THAT HE MIGHT MAKE AN OPEN DEFEAT OF THE DEVIL & HIS AGENTS. HE ASCENDED BACK TO HEAVEN(WHERE HE CAME FROM)IN ORDER TO BRING THE PROCESS TO PERFECTION. NEVER EVER BELITTLE THE PRICE HE PAID & THE SACRIFICE HE MADE FOR HUMANITY COS WITHOUT THIS SACRIFICE THE EVIL POWERS OF DARKNESS WOULD HAVE MADE A FEAST OF ALL MANKIND.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Allosaurus: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lol.....yeah

Bla bla bla as usual. Why don't you have faith in allah. Why are you harding your heart against the prophet muhammad message. Why did you use your feeble wisdom to reject the Gods of your ancestors.? Why didn't you come as a child before your ancestoral teachings..? Why do you forsake the love of your great great great grandparents..? But with your "faith " you have a relationship with a dead man that died 2000+ years ago whom you never met... Your faith equals delusion nothing more.

So you see. Hypocrisy is the order of the day when it comes to peddling or claiming delusion. Jesus was a hippie that challenge the status quo. He made claims that he could not fulfill, that's why your likes have been waiting for his second coming. My friend, your jesus is dead and gone like your forefathers before you. And that's a fact!!!
Allah is a bloodsucking demon and muhammad was a paedophile and rapist. He spent his entire useless life fighting and killing innocent people. Unfortunately, he died and was buried like a leper.
Your quran is the evil book Shekau recites before beheading his victims. So, tell me, why must I put my faith in Islam?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sanko05(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
What people didn't understand about jesus is that they compared jesus christ to a flesh like them,jesus is a spirit not human being,and for the suffering and death of jesus had been writen in the bible even befor it occure.about the rose of jesus from the death,his blood is what really clean away our sins becaus if jesus did not rise from the death our salvation and faith. Should have been in vain.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

You need faith to prove that there is no apple on this table? undecided

[img]http://2.bp..com/_TytwmBW-m-U/TOuegfCv80I/AAAAAAAAAyM/4kuQuwMpjgI/s400/empty-table.jpg[/img]

What a stupid analogy! It illustrates only the lack of intelligence of that poster.

Apples are corporeal and thus will be seen if present and non visibility indicates non presence. Visibility is thus IN THIS CASE a valid test of presence of the object.

God is proposed as a non corporeal being. We could not see if he was there, we could not see if he was not. The only conclusion valid is that the person chosing that test lacked ability if not understanding!

To make such a silly post proves you simply want to be offensive to all believers and disrespect them.

Well its partly good news for you. You are offensive! You lack good manners, any respect for the beliefs of others etc etc.

This is soooooo obvious thats its like talking to a retarded child. Yes I am now lacking respect but you asked for it with that post. No believer asked for an offensive thread to be created only for the purpose of attacking their beliefs.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

That evil demonic entity called GOD is not your creator

Your ancestors already gave you a name for your creator
His name is not GOD!!!!!!!

if you know the true meaning of what that word and entity GOD entails you all will realy feel sorry for your selves!!

It is indeed clear to me you're demonic and I will not engage this foolishness. I serve no other god except the true living GOD, you don't like it, go to hell and meet your master.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by DrDxtrz: 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?

I like the way you presented that, but i'd very much prefer you use the the verb Lend, because you are getting it back, so i wont exactly call it a sacrifice.
There is no such thing as timed sacrifice.
Look at Titanic, lover boy gave up his life so his angel can get a chance at life, now that's a sacrifice; he never got his life back, he gave up his for hers, that's a 'proper' sacrifice, its as simple as that.
NB: I'm only rebutting your statement, i am not much of a religious person, but i respect the Christians and sacred views of other religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement / Shepherd Bushiri Buys Maserati For His Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.